what do you think would happen to america if blacks moved to Africa en masse?

Options

Comments

• indyman87
    indyman87 Members Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm not hating on Africa at all but what will we do for jobs and money. Everything over there on the African continent is based on the tribal system. You have to belong to a tribe to get a job. There are African Americans who settle in some African countries but if we did it by the millions i just don't see it happening. Sadly, they will probably hack us to death.

http://www.ibtimes.com/black-black-violence-african-immigrants-under-siege-south-africa-1296859

Black-On-Black Violence: African Immigrants Under Siege In South Africa

According to the African Center for Migration and Society, at least 140 foreigners were killed in South Africa last year, and this year, about three anti-immigrant incidents are reported weekly. Somalis have emigrated to South Africa by the thousands in recent years, fleeing famine and civil war in their home country to set up small shops and kiosks. People from other parts of Africa, including Nigerians, Zimbabweans, Mozambicans, Congolese and Ethiopians, as well as Chinese and South Asians, have poured into South Africa. The Southern African Migration Program reported that foreigners account for roughly 2.2 million of the country’s 50 million total population.

The victims say their attackers accuse them of taking jobs away from South Africans, in a country where the national unemployment rate is estimated at around 40%, and is much higher in many townships.

Read more: Anti-Immigrant Terror in South Africa - TIME http://content.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1808016,00.html#ixzz2qzIByZ9y
  • A1000MILES
    A1000MILES Members, Writer Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "Everything is based on the tribal system"...? ....
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Options
    a.mann wrote: »
    what makes you folks that abide by such rhetoric
    think Africans what us Americans there.......full-time....indefinitely ??

They don't seem to mind the Asians and everybody else ? them... Why would they have special disdain for us?
  • ineedpussy
    ineedpussy Members Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    getting the money isnt a problem. and we can make them jobs. the real question is who is going to believe enough in the black plight to uproot their family and move to the unknown
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i always wondered what africa would be like had africans never "moved" to america..

• Mr.Forte
    Mr.Forte Members Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Matt- wrote: »
    i always wondered what africa would be like had africans never "moved" to america..

We didn't move here, were stolen goods. We should have never integrated.
  • Matt-
    Options
    Mr.Forte wrote: »

We didn't move here, were stolen goods. We should have never integrated.

yeah thats what the quotation marks were for.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It would be a huge culture shock for both us an them, won't be long before most of is are ready to come back.

The climate, lifestyle, lack of amenities that we already have, cultural and social differences would be immense.

The economy of the USA would crumble, they'd lose billions, maybe even trillions of dollars overnight. They would go from hating Latinos to begging Mexico for more of them. Untold amounts of land would be up for grabs and only the extremely rich would be able to partake in this mass buying of land and thus a revolution of poor, uneducated well-armed whites would emerge. A civil war between the have alots and the have nones.
  • ineedpussy
    ineedpussy Members Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    that would be even better if the whites wared against each other. and i know it would be a cultural shock but we would try to make the transition as seamless as possible and help the native understand our plight better. it could work
  • indyman87
    indyman87 Members Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A1000MILES wrote: »

Even in modern Africa they still have tribes. They haven't abandoned there traditions.

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines.shtml?/headlines02/0724-03.htm

Nigerian Tribes Fight for Oil Jobs

by D'arcy Doran

UGBORODO, Nigeria - Elisabeth Omogobohe brushes against the crumbling walls of what was once her home and points to the bedroom where rival tribesmen hacked her husband to death.

"The Ijaws burned down my house. They killed my husband. Everything burned, finished," said the 60-year-old widow as she recounted the attack on her village three years ago. Today she lives next door in a hut made of tin scraps.

Ugborodo, Nigeria
    Elisabeth Omogobohe works inside her tin hut made from collected scraps of wood and metal in Ugborodo, Nigeria, Saturday, July 20, 2002. Omogobohe built this hut after her home was burned down recently by Ijaw tribesmen. The smoke in background comes from an unconnected fire. Competition over oil money has fueled ethnic violence that has shattered many villages across the Niger Delta killing thousands in the past decade. (AP Photo/Saurabh Das)
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

They don't seem to mind the Asians and everybody else ? them... Why would they have special disdain for us?

The answer is some what complicated

But from my own personal experience
    from the many conversations I've had with Africans I've met, and worked with overseas
    who never stepped foot in the U.S.

they where fascinated and intrigued by us, but there was this underline resentment,(and some was quite blatant)
    which all stem from the fact many of them see us(Black Americans) as arrogant,lazy,ungrateful and unmotivated

• A1000MILES
    Options
    indyman87 wrote: »

Even in modern Africa they still have tribes. They haven't abandoned there traditions.

by D'arcy Doran

UGBORODO, Nigeria - Elisabeth Omogobohe brushes against the crumbling walls of what was once her home and points to the bedroom where rival tribesmen hacked her husband to death.

"The Ijaws burned down my house. They killed my husband. Everything burned, finished," said the 60-year-old widow as she recounted the attack on her village three years ago. Today she lives next door in a hut made of tin scraps.

Ugborodo, Nigeria
    Elisabeth Omogobohe works inside her tin hut made from collected scraps of wood and metal in Ugborodo, Nigeria, Saturday, July 20, 2002. Omogobohe built this hut after her home was burned down recently by Ijaw tribesmen. The smoke in background comes from an unconnected fire. Competition over oil money has fueled ethnic violence that has shattered many villages across the Niger Delta killing thousands in the past decade. (AP Photo/Saurabh Das)

Nigeria currently has an initiative for American Blacks, especially those who are direct descendants of natives...To come back and work and go to school in the country...Stop.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not a lot, honestly...At least not some ? that would shut the country down...I'd have to look up how valuable the Black dollar is right now...But If Garvey vision were to come true, Ion think America would miss us...

You are one of the dumbest people on the I.C
  • zombie
    Options
    indyman87 wrote: »

by D'arcy Doran

Ugborodo, Nigeria

Nigeria currently has an initiative for American Blacks, especially those who are direct descendants of natives...To come back and work and go to school in the country...Stop.

MAYBE you are not so stupid afterall
  • Dirty Sanchez
    Dirty Sanchez Members Posts: 15,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • A1000MILES
    Options
    zombie wrote: »
    Not a lot, honestly...At least not some ? that would shut the country down...I'd have to look up how valuable the Black dollar is right now...But If Garvey vision were to come true, Ion think America would miss us...

You are one of the dumbest people on the I.C

Since I looked it up...Like I said I had to...I've changed that opinion...You know, cause I'm not a stubborn ? who can't see anyone else's perspective...But I said that initially cause I was thinking we don't really have wealth...We don't run the upper echelon of the country...I was thinking if we all left the super wealthy and political leaders would still be able to maintain the country...
  • Mr.Forte
    Mr.Forte Members Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I used to work with nothing but Africans (Ethiopian, Somali, Ghanaian and Nigerians) I remember this dude telling me "you're not a real african, I am" I ignored him. I didn't get too many good vibes from the african men. When I would say hello, they would either ignore me, mug me or give me a fake ass hand shake. I love African women though, they showed me a lot of love. True Story
  • Matt-
    Options
    i know we wouldn't be ranked so low in education and places like detroit, chicago, cleveland, etc would be premier cities in america. and they wouldn't be so cold.
  • zombie
    Options
    ? Sanchez wrote: »

Why the ? are you @ me you ? ? .
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The answer is some what complicated

But from my own personal experience
    from the many conversations I've had with Africans I've met, and worked with overseas
    who never stepped foot in the U.S.

they where fascinated and intrigued by us, but there was this underline resentment,(and some was quite blatant)
    which all stem from the fact many of them see us(Black Americans) as arrogant,lazy,ungrateful and unmotivated

u have to b some kind of ? to think that about American Blacks when you've never set foot in the US.
  • Darth Sidious
    Darth Sidious Members Posts: 2,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yeah, and they will deposit $10,000,000 in your bank account before you come and will be given an African heiress to wed so she can get US citizenship.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-23249614

• Matt-
    Options
    lol the question is what would happen to america tho
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    if 13% of the population left

short economic downturn but quick recovery
    increased African immigration or restrictions on black/African immigration

not alot honestly
  • A1000MILES
    Options

Yeah, and they will deposit $10,000,000 in your bank account before you come and will be given an African heiress to wed so she can get US citizenship.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-23249614

No...That's not what I'm tambout...Stop.

• a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol the question is what would happen to america tho

you devils will bully the Hispanic community full time