UW 1.26.14 Who Won?: Loaded Lux vs Hollow Da Don

Options

Comments

• za'kiss
    za'kiss Members Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hollow Da Don
    watched it 3 times and i still edge Hollow. Lux constructed perfect rounds & thats his strength. after every round it seemed "no way Hollow can come back from this" and yet.....he did. That has to count. the fact people call this battle close speaks to Hollow. and the rebuttals he came up with were immaculate as the pen Lux wrote his attack with.

Thats not why he won.
    I lean (pun intended) Hollow because he neutralized Lux's main angle- That i am here to show u a better way by breaking u and building u back up. Not just the 3rd but from the gate. constant references to his holier than thou act and the fact that Lux is a drug user himself and then attacked our reverence of Lux sayin we have pre-made excuses for any flaw he might have and pretend everything he says is deeper than what it is.

When he flip Lux's Calicoe Lost ? scheme and not just to say "oh u just like us" but that Lux was a hypocrite more concerned with street praise than his own family is why.
    Hollow basically painted Lux as Chalky painted Dr. Narcisse from Boardwalk- a ? wit a dictionary

^^ Best part about that mini review- not once did i mention punchlines or the crowd. this was a clash of ideology and angles of attack. a debate. a rhyming roundtable... bka Hip Hop

QFT

at the same, Lux's third was so nasty and soul crushing.

Classic battle.
  • za'kiss
    Options
    Hollow Da Don
    GodGivBiz wrote: »
    Like @atribecalledgabi said. This battle comes down to basically you can initially catch Hollows ? easier so initially youre feeling Hollows rounds more but the more you watch the more you get Luxs punches each time.

Exactly.

I'm really impressed with Hollow's rebuttals, but that's his known strength, he played his strengths so well in this it also further exposed his weakness. He had some corny bars/schemes, so he would quickly switch back to rebuttals, freestyles, and personals once he started losing the crowd. On the other hand, Lux had no rebuttals, all bars and analysis, so it really is a clash of styles here. But why I'm starting to lean toward Lux is because he was wise not to attempt rebuttals in such a high stakes battle and when he knows that ain't his strongest feature, especially against a rebuttal king like Hollow. But Hollow tried to be lyrical like Lux in places and wasn't successful. Lux's performance was near flawless in execution and design, Hollow more inconsistent, but then Hollow had arguably bigger moments and more surprises.

Damned close battle. I'm split on this.
  • Nah Son
    Nah Son Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Loaded Lux
    Shoutout to the dude who uploaded every high stakes battle the next morning I saved all them ?
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hollow Da Don
    Battles are about how you deliver the bars, actually rebutting the opponent, destroying the opponent's character and commanding ownership of the stage. A lot of y'all seem to be voting for Lux because he was more technically sound and had "better" lyrics which is expected on one of these "nerdy" Hip-Hop forums.

Those qualities hold a lot of weight in an on wax battle, not a face to face battle.

Hollow completely broke down Lux's character, and gave reason as to why he thought Lux was fake and a gimmick, so I gave the win to Hollow. It wasn't that hard of a choice either *shrugs*.
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hollow Da Don
    Lux loses at least 10 points for always yelling at the crowd for cheering.
  • herbalism101
    herbalism101 Members Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Loaded Lux
    Lux dissected Hollow like a dead frog in science class........Hollow was strong but not strong enough.....Lux was cuttin deep making that soul bleed out.......

You want proof? Look at the expression on the faces of those standing on stage....

I have a feeling Em is gonna sign Lux at the end of this Battle Rap Reality Show...........
    Lux loses at least 10 points for always yelling at the crowd for cheering.

!0 extra points for Lux beggin the crowd to let him get that work......
  • double0suge
    double0suge Members Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Loaded Lux
    Battles are about how you deliver the bars, actually rebutting the opponent, destroying the opponent's character and commanding ownership of the stage. A lot of y'all seem to be voting for Lux because he was more technically sound and had "better" lyrics which is expected on one of these "nerdy" Hip-Hop forums.

Those qualities hold a lot of weight in an on wax battle, not a face to face battle.

Hollow completely broke down Lux's character, and gave reason as to why he thought Lux was fake and a gimmick, so I gave the win to Hollow. It wasn't that hard of a choice either *shrugs*.

a few of these ? don't come off nerdy to me... ? disagree wit u fucc it it's life
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Loaded Lux
    Lux dis command the stage tho.
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hollow Da Don
    No matter who ? thought won(or what reactions y'all c me click), I love the fact we're still debating this.

I think it was DNA who said this would be the result, and that'll come out to preference.

Great(est) ? battle!
  • 270crownst
    270crownst Members Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Now Joe budden is saying that he wants to battle hollow now. ..
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Loaded Lux
    270crownst wrote: »

Smh. I'm a big fan of Joe's music, but that would be the biggest loss of his entire career. I'm talkin an L of epic proportions.

That ? would lose so bad Tahiry would renege on her "No" answer, Consequence would apologize, and Raekwon's goons would personally carry him off the stage.

I hope that ? joking. Lol.
  • stackmaster 313
    stackmaster 313 Members Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Loaded Lux
    ? was an instant classic even though hollow brought out blackface gotta give it to Lux. Dead at I'm work this ? =)) .
    hollow just had too many misses an was trying to hard. Lux did it with ease
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hollow Da Don

? will be worse than canibus battle
  • Listencloser
    Listencloser Members Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Loaded Lux
    Like Water wrote: »

Smh. I'm a big fan of Joe's music, but that would be the biggest loss of his entire career. I'm talkin an L of epic proportions.

That ? would lose so bad Tahiry would renege on her "No" answer, Consequence would apologize, and Raekwon's goons would personally carry him off the stage.

I hope that ? joking. Lol.

Yo. yo!
  • za'kiss
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Hollow Da Don
    nj2089 wrote: »

? will be worse than canibus battle

Unless Buddens shows up on crutches, an eye patch, a cast around his neck, and reads his rhymes off a desktop computer with his rhymes saved in word documents, ? ain't goin' to be worse than the Canibus battle. I expect that ? to forever hold the crown of the most shameful moment in battle rap. But if this were to really happen, I could easily see this being a potential runner up for worst ever, tho.
  • FatterThanKat
    FatterThanKat Members Posts: 677
    Options
    Hollow Da Don
    Can't give the L to anybody with a flip game that nice.
  • 270crownst
    270crownst Members Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Click on the link there posing in front if each other...I think joe serious about this. Lol..Joe don't do it ....
  • hoodsavior
    hoodsavior Members Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Loaded Lux
    Joey.. You're unproven.. Hollow is top 5 all time in THIS ? .. You will die a horrible death and I'm gonna love it!
  • herbalism101
    herbalism101 Members Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Loaded Lux
    I really cant see Joey putting himself out there to catch an L like that.....Im sure Joell would tell him it's a bad idea......If it does go down, I can see it as the co-main event to Lux vs Mook.....
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    Hollow Da Don
    I feel like a lot of ? would change their votes and this poll would seven be closer than it is right now. What are the top 10 lines of this battle tho?
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hollow Da Don
    For all of you watching the battle over and over, your opinion is heavily skewed. Doing so causes you to favor the ? who has the worst delivery because you begin to understand his rhymes better and what he's referring to, thus making your hindsight opinion biased as ? .

The fact of the matter is, when you as the listener cannot comprehend a battler's rap line, it is none other than the battler's fault. It's Lux's fault that damn near nobody catches all his lines when they're being said in that exact moment, therefore he loses points for that, not the other way around.

The winner of the battle is the person you named the winner the FIRST TIME you saw the battle. This is a face to face battle which is all about the LIVE moment of when they battled. This is not some on wax ? when you go back and study the lines and make your decision.
  • FatterThanKat
    FatterThanKat Members Posts: 677
    Options
    Hollow Da Don
    Who doesn't catch all of Lux' lines?
  • mike06
    mike06 Members Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Loaded Lux
    ? was dope and i can see either dude getting the 2-1W but i gotta give it Lux...everyone thought he needed to up the ante after the Calicoe battle but he showed up and delivered another stellar performance....Hollow had some nice rds and if i had to give him one it's either 2 or 3 and the 3rd would be based off the fact he went last and he had the prop(which made the crowd go crazy)...but Lux just had more venom in his punches IMO...it real came down to knowledge vs. Street and knowledge won

also the whole time issue was crazy and Jack's no voice havin ass tryin to quiet the crowd was a of a downer to me but overall a very good battle