UW 1.26.14 Who Won?: Loaded Lux vs Hollow Da Don

Options

Comments

• Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Loaded Lux
    Majority of the IC has made a very wise decision.
  • za'kiss
    za'kiss Members Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Hollow Da Don
    For all of you watching the battle over and over, your opinion is heavily skewed. Doing so causes you to favor the ? who has the worst delivery because you begin to understand his rhymes better and what he's referring to, thus making your hindsight opinion biased as ? .

It's not necessarily the fault of the listening or the viewer if you don't fully catch the meaning of a rapper's lines. I catch most things, and as a seasoned watcher of battle rap, I don't miss much, but sometimes I do, especially for really subtle, sophisticated rhymes and schemes. I gotta go back and watch it. And I honestly love it when a rapper says something that makes me want to rewind it. I love battles that have replay battle. In this case, it was more about processing all the moves and the overall strategies of the two rapper's more than it was about missing specific lines. I needed to see it a few more times to see how effective they were.

Rappers shouldn't have to cater to the lowest common denominator. Why can't a rapper challenge the audience? Why put a limit on what you can say because some people at home might not get it the first time? That's how you stunt progress. Battle rap today would go over a lot of ? ' heads who watched battle rap in the early '00s, but that's because battle rap has come so far technically by rappers like Lux that push the envelope.
    The fact of the matter is, when you as the listener cannot comprehend a battler's rap line, it is none other than the battler's fault. It's Lux's fault that damn near nobody catches all his lines when they're being said in that exact moment, therefore he loses points for that, not the other way around.

The winner of the battle is the person you named the winner the FIRST TIME you saw the battle. This is a face to face battle which is all about the LIVE moment of when they battled. This is not some on wax ? when you go back and study the lines and make your decision.

It's not about missing the line because you didn't hear it. It's about having to think about the line and how it works. That has nothing to do with delivery. That's purely about content. That's not the rapper's fault if you didn't get the line and it works.

And OF COURSE you can change your mind about a battle. Imagine some kid who saw this battle who had NEVER seen a rap battle before and didn't pick up on any of the internal references being made in the battle (say to other battle rappers, specific events in battle, etc) and then formed an opinion about who won. Are you saying they should privliege that first opinion even when it's their fault they didn't get the references? You can change your opinion on a battle, and you SHOULD, when it's a close battle and after further viewing it dons on you how effective one rapper's strategy was over another. It's you knee-? , close-minded, won't-change-my-mind for no one ? that should switch up your viewing habits.
  • Ranxx
    Ranxx Members Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hollow Da Don
    I dont ? with battle rap at all but I checked it out off the numbers this thread's done.

Lux went hard as ? really went after that ? soul but Hollow tore his whole style apart with that 'just cuz u dont understand him..." ? .

? was like the surgeon vs the savage I had to give it to Hollow i felt like his bars hit harder.

That "hmm I think I get it face" line wrapped this ? up for me
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Loaded Lux
    *yawnnnnnnn*

That approach was better when Jay used it
  • Ranxx
    Options
    Hollow Da Don
    We don't wanna hear that ? shareem
  • Ranxx
    Options
    Hollow Da Don
    Ranxx wrote: »
    We don't wanna hear what ? shareem

It's Shariff. Smh

fb8355b541fb779de4216f4d953b1429e68f8c2_r.gif
  • Munch59
    Munch59 Members Posts: 1
    Options
    Hollow Da Don
    watched it 3 times and i still edge Hollow. Lux constructed perfect rounds & thats his strength. after every round it seemed "no way Hollow can come back from this" and yet.....he did. That has to count. the fact people call this battle close speaks to Hollow. and the rebuttals he came up with were immaculate as the pen Lux wrote his attack with.

Thats not why he won.
    I lean (pun intended) Hollow because he neutralized Lux's main angle- That i am here to show u a better way by breaking u and building u back up. Not just the 3rd but from the gate. constant references to his holier than thou act and the fact that Lux is a drug user himself and then attacked our reverence of Lux sayin we have pre-made excuses for any flaw he might have and pretend everything he says is deeper than what it is.

When he flip Lux's Calicoe Lost ? scheme and not just to say "oh u just like us" but that Lux was a hypocrite more concerned with street praise than his own family is why.
    Hollow basically painted Lux as Chalky painted Dr. Narcisse from Boardwalk- a ? wit a dictionary

^^ Best part about that mini review- not once did i mention punchlines or the crowd. this was a clash of ideology and angles of attack. a debate. a rhyming roundtable... bka Hip Hop

Well articulated. LUX was classic. Hollow brought him down to earth, and painted that picture beautifully! The typical greedy hypocritical preacher man. Looking his nose down at everybody meanwhile he's hiding his own dirt.
  • za'kiss
    za'kiss Members Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Hollow Da Don
    Munch59 wrote: »

Well articulated. LUX was classic. Hollow brought him down to earth, and painted that picture beautifully! The typical greedy hypocritical preacher man. Looking his nose down at everybody meanwhile he's hiding his own dirt.

Except Hollow didn't address Lux's point that he's not being greedy, that he's giving Hollow the business model for a more successful battle rap career, that he should be trying to make money off his raps rather than doing drugs. And the fact that, while you call him greedy, he got Hollow paid more money off this battle than he ever has before.
  • hoodsavior
    hoodsavior Members Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Loaded Lux
    But I'm lost in how lux is a hypocrite? I think people perceive him to be holier than thou rather than him being it.. The last 2 battles his aim was to uplift thru ass whooping.. But breaking cycles 2 different in both battles...
  • Kalecrunch
    Kalecrunch Members Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Loaded Lux
    "Stand-up ? don't lean"
    "Hollow - ween, you' ll always be a ? in disguise"

I stopped watching after that, Iheard enough that's all needed to hear.
  • *~queenbee~*
    *~queenbee~* Members Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This thread just reminded me to go and watch it on YouTube.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Loaded Lux
    none of y'all think the format changes throughout the battle changed things to Lux favor?

How? He couldn't even finish getting off in the 1st 2 rounds and Hollow asked for it
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Loaded Lux
    Lmao crying laughing at the 3rd round

Lux bodied that ?
  • T. Sanford
    Options
    Loaded Lux
    "man up because stand up ? dont lean, ? "

crowd & stage reaction "owwwwwwwwwwww"

Loaded Lux "work this ? , you hear me? im gon work this ? , Im gon work this ? ............? outta here"

Lmaooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!! that ? lifted the spirit out his body on that lol
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hollow Da Don
    Man just say u like the line lol.
    The amount of times according to y'all hollow or lux said something that killed the other and took his soul, I'm surprised either of them 2 rappers are alive.
  • T. Sanford
    Options
    Loaded Lux
    gns wrote: »
    Man just say u like the line lol.
    The amount of times according to y'all hollow or lux said something that killed the other and took his soul, I'm surprised either of them 2 rappers are alive.

Naw GnS, I can see spirits & his spirit literally ascended from his body from that line
  • T. Sanford
    Options
    Loaded Lux
    & how you get banned?
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Hollow Da Don
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    & how you get banned?
    He cant respond. But if you want to know hit me up.
  • supergangster
    supergangster Members Posts: 8,872 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Loaded Lux
    I change my mind 2-1 Hollow.
    '
    Hollow took this one
  • supergangster
    supergangster Members Posts: 8,872 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Loaded Lux
    His bars give you that I think I get it face...LOL Hollow killed dis ?
  • Mrslim1
    Mrslim1 Members Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Loaded Lux
    Lux easy , Hollow was ok , but all that yelling ? is wack , Lux gives u bars
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    Hollow Da Don
    Mrslim1 wrote: »
    Hollow wasnt giving bars? Just say your bias towards Lux. Its ok I was at first too.
  • Mrslim1
    Mrslim1 Members Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Loaded Lux
    GodGivBiz wrote: »
    Mrslim1 wrote: »
    Hollow wasnt giving bars? Just say your bias towards Lux. Its ok I was at first too.
    Hollow was ok IMO just not to the level of Lux . Also just not a fan of his Meek Mills yelling , voice cracking etc . Not saying Hollow isn't nice but IMO That was easy work for Lux
  • a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options