Official 2014 NFL Draft/Off Season Thread

Options

Comments

• eastbay510
    eastbay510 Members Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dude tried to ? on Chris Carter like he's not in the HOF and the top 2 or 3 receivers ever though.

Nobody game plans to stop Baldwin
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? dat keep nicks. He had a bad year but Eli throwin all dem picks ain't help ... Don't scapegoat nicks
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    eastbay510 wrote: »
    Dude tried to ? on Chris Carter like he's not in the HOF and the top 2 or 3 receivers ever though.

Nobody game plans to stop Baldwin

Exactly. That First Take clown show got too many nikkas thinking a "ring" automatically puts you in the Hall of Fame.

HOF >>>> Championship rings -- especially when it comes to individual players.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2014
    Options
    We might need to take a safety in the draft too though cuz I don't think Whitner will be back.

Hitner is as good as gone. some team gone over pay for him. like the Titans or Cowboys.
  • bigev240
    bigev240 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 10,925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    ? dat keep nicks. He had a bad year but Eli throwin all dem picks ain't help ... Don't scapegoat nicks

Its not even about making Nicks a scapegoat. We all know and said that Eli had a very bad year but at times this season NIcks acted like he didn't care. If he is willing to be focus and get it in this upcoming season then yeah keep him. But if he has that ? it attitude then let him go.
  • eastbay510
    eastbay510 Members Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    marc123 wrote: »
    We might need to take a safety in the draft too though cuz I don't think Whitner will be back.

Hitner is as good as gone. some team gone over pay for him. like the Titans or Cowboys.

Exactly. Whitner is good but not worth what he's gonna be asking for. Eric Reid and a young fast safety in the draft should be able to hold it down next year for us.
  • Hip2DaHop93
    Hip2DaHop93 Members Posts: 261 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Dolphins wish list:

Resign Brent Grimes.
    Sign Anthony Collins or Brandon Albert in FA.
    Try to get Sam Shields back to Miami.
    Draft Aaron Donald in the 1st if Starks/Soliai leaves.
    Draft some LB's to push Wheeler and Ellerbe wack ? out.
    Draft 2-3 OL.

• wilberdmillz
    wilberdmillz Members Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    need receivers and cornerbacks.....wouldn't mind an upgrade at OLB opposite DeAndre Levy....might need a replacement for Brandon Pettigrew at TE as well....FS could be upgraded as well Louis Delmas is too inconsistent

I agree about getting as much secondary help as possible. I'd also like them to add a real #2 WR. I actually like our TE's tho.

Also would be nice if they can send Stafford to the wizard for a brain.
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    need receivers and cornerbacks.....wouldn't mind an upgrade at OLB opposite DeAndre Levy....might need a replacement for Brandon Pettigrew at TE as well....FS could be upgraded as well Louis Delmas is too inconsistent

I agree about getting as much secondary help as possible. I'd also like them to add a real #2 WR. I actually like our TE's tho.

Also would be nice if they can send Stafford to the wizard for a brain.

I like Pettigrew too.....he was alot better this past season compared to that ? ? performance in 2012.....but I think he's gonna test the FA waters and sign elsewhere......I see Nicks is a FA.....I think he could be a good No. 2.....I wonder how much he wants though
  • texasdaking88
    texasdaking88 Members Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    allday1992 wrote: »
    .” Seahawks WR Doug Baldwin didn't appreciate the comment and right after his team's Super Bowl win Sunday night, he called Chris Carter out...
    quote:

"I’m not going to say any names, but he knows who he is. I respect what you did on the field. But stick to football,” Baldwin said of Carter via NJ.com. “Stick to playing football because your analytical skills ain’t up to par yet. You need to slow down, you need to go back. Because you’re saying some stuff that doesn’t really make sense.”

“That dude that said that we were appetizers, he told me to Google him. But I didn’t see any Super Bowl appearances and I also saw two losses in the conference championship. I have a Super Bowl ring and I will gladly show that to him. And if he doesn’t have time to come see it, tell him he can Google it.”

I don't know if this is ether or him being too emotional

Now that I know that it was chris Carter he was talking about... Get that ? the ? out of here.. ? barely know who Doug baldwin is... Ion like when ? go at hofers.. U only get to do that when u have a hof-ish career
  • texasdaking88
    texasdaking88 Members Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hope my Ravens will be calling a 6'5 receiver from Texas A&M in the first round
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Niners biggest needs are corner and speed at receiver

I'm hoping Marquise Lee falls far enough in the draft for us to grab him with the 30th pick.

He probably won't get past the Jets.
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Max. wrote: »
    1of1 wrote: »
    BDB wrote: »
    1of1 wrote: »
    Lol @ that Skins gear. Durant looks like a damn fool.

You trying to run me the fair one?

My dude, I have no soul at the moment. You do not want to fight me.

What were ur thoughts during the game?

8-0 and 15-0 didn't really have me "worried." Staying positive, I was excited about the Defense bending but not necessarily breaking.

At one point I just wanted a first down. Just one.

I didn't like the coaching decisions. I think there was a 4th and 2 in the 2nd qtr where I thought the Broncos were in field goal range, and should have just gotten on the board to avoid being zipped up at halftime.

The kickoff to open the second half ? me off more than anything. The smart ? coach, or whoever, comes with the bright idea of kicking it high and short to "lessen the possible impact of the return." Prater has been kicking touchbacks all season which has helped hide the deficiencies that I knew were there on the kickoff team (i don't wanna hear any mile high thin air ? ). You try for the touchback, not some smart dumb short kicking strategy that you haven't used all season.

Finally, at that point it was 29-0, and with no light at the end of the tunnel and no games after this to play for, I felt like 4 downs to get a first down would be the standard for the remainder of the game. These fools drive it to the Seahawks 40 and punt on a 4th and 9 or 11 when they're down 29-0 in the third quarter.

It was a comedy of errors, and literally every mistake was committed by the Broncos. I could only take it in stride. It clearly wasn't their day, and the game was brought to them while they just looked unprepared and unfit to work through early adversity.

So yeah, I pretty much was disappointed in the softness and the coaches decisions.

Laughed it off b/c in hindsight the game was never in doubt.

I could go on but...
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Baldwin who?

? is the third best WR on his own team.
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I thought that ? was Alec
    or Stephen brother.
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Baldwin is right tho. I don't even know what carter said but I know he said Calvin Johnson was only good in video games and he really needs to be called out any chance someone gets
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    Nah, Nicks is coming home
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Outside of QB, Texans need an OLB and a RT. Ben Tate leaving free agency so we're gonna need a RB possibly in the later rounds in the draft. I would love for us to scoop up Tre Mason from Auburn but he will probably go hire than expected. Overall I expect us to draft a QB within the first 2 rounds(hopefully Bridgewater) and then clean up the trenches.

As far as who I want the Texans to draft at QB:

1. Bridgewater
    2. Bortles
    3. Mettenberger
    4. Myself
    5. Manziel
    6. Derek Carr

Wouldn't be against us taking Clowney 1st either. Watt and Clowney on the same defense has goat potential.
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dolphins wish list:

Resign Brent Grimes.
    Sign Anthony Collins or Brandon Albert in FA.
    Try to get Sam Shields back to Miami.
    Draft Aaron Donald in the 1st if Starks/Soliai leaves.
    Draft some LB's to push Wheeler and Ellerbe wack ? out.
    Draft 2-3 OL.

Fixed that for you, he aint leaving him or raji

• Young Gunner
    Young Gunner Members Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We got 10 draft picks and roughly $50mill of cap space. No reason we can't be better and add 3-4 more wins in 2014. We need upgrades at almost every position but major needs would be QB, pass rusher and basically just have a full squad for all 16 games (healthy or otherwise). Would love to have Alex Mack, maybe Macklin from Phily if healthy and any one of the top pass rusher with us. If Bridgewater is gone, we should draft Clowney. If Teddy is there at 3, Dave should not pass the chance to trample over old ladies to get the pick in and draft him. My draft would be

1st: QB
    2nd: DE
    3rd: OT
    4th: LB & DE
    5th: RB, TE, DT
    6th: OG
    7th: WR

Management has this team in the right direction and it's impossible not to like Gus Bradley
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Outside of QB, Texans need an OLB and a RT. Ben Tate leaving free agency so we're gonna need a RB possibly in the later rounds in the draft. I would love for us to scoop up Tre Mason from Auburn but he will probably go hire than expected. Overall I expect us to draft a QB within the first 2 rounds(hopefully Bridgewater) and then clean up the trenches.

As far as who I want the Texans to draft at QB:

1. Bridgewater
    2. Bortles
    3. Mettenberger
    4. Myself
    5. Manziel
    6. Derek Carr

Wouldn't be against us taking Clowney 1st either. Watt and Clowney on the same defense has goat potential.

tumblr_m4laylzBXA1r286kfo1_500.gif
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cowboys will once again have a sorry ass draft and go 8-8. Not really looking forward to seeing anything they do because its been the same ? since '95

Don't forget the non stop media hype they will get all off-season until the end of regular season...

• infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
  • txboi_09
    txboi_09 Members Posts: 2,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I really want to see what Lattimore can do next year. I think we go WR, corner, safety with our first three picks.