Official 2014 NFL Draft/Off Season Thread

Options

Comments

• HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    According to trusted sources, the Texans are initially leaning towards taking either Blake Bortles or Johnny Manziel with the top pick. Although Manziel would obviously be the choice of owner Bob McNair, O’Brien is not sold that Manziel possesses the work ethic and intangibles necessary to be the face of a franchise.

Lord, you know I do everything you ask....just keep manziel away
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Texans fans know they wan't that lil cracka.

That's alot of pressure on Houston's GM tho. If he takes anybody else and they fail - AND Manziel goes somewhere else and ? -- he'll never live that down.

Better be glad Reggie Bush didn't meet expectations and Vince Young fizzled out, 'cause that Mario Williams pick had texas nikkas bout to buck too.
  • Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Got a feeling Dimitroff gonna try and trade up to get Clowney but I wouldn't mind staying at 6 and getting a OT

As far as FA targets I'd say

Jarius Byrd
    Mike Mitchell
    Willie Colon
    Brandon Albert
    A vet LB

I only expect them to get Colon anything else would be extra
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i don't think buffalo will let byrd go?
  • Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That's why I put Mike Mitchell on the list too. I think buffalo gives him the tag but until it happens he's on the list
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cardinals, Larry Fitzgerald agree to restructured contract
    Posted by Michael David Smith on February 4, 2014, 5:09 PM EST

Larry Fitzgerald is one of the best players in the history of the Cardinals franchise, but his $18 million salary cap number for 2014 is so high that there was talk of Arizona getting rid of him.

Now that talk can be put to rest.

Fitzgerald revealed on Twitter today that he and the Cardinals have worked out a restructured deal that provides the team with some salary cap relief. Fitzgerald wrote that he returned to Arizona today after spending last week in New York for the Super Bowl, and his first order of business was signing the new contract.

Back in AZ from #SB48 & the 1st order of business this AM was signing a restructured contract to help the @AZCardinals get better for 2014!

Larry Fitzgerald (@LarryFitzgerald) February 04, 2014

It’s unclear whether Fitzgerald has taken a pay cut or whether he has just agreed to change the structure of his contract to lessen this year’s cap hit. Either way, it indicates that Fitzgerald and the Cardinals wanted to be proactive about getting something done that would keep Fitzgerald in the fold and leave the Cardinals enough cap space to improve a team that was strong last year, but not quite strong enough to make the playoffs in the most competitive division in the NFL.
  • RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Buffalo said they were gonna tag Byrd before the season ended. Dude said he expected it
  • texasdaking88
    texasdaking88 Members Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2014
    Options
    http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/02/jared-lorenzen-nky-river-monsters/

Jared Lorenzen got a Super Bowl ring as Eli Manning’s backup in Super Bowl XLII, and the former University of Kentucky quarterback is now playing for the Northern Kentucky River Monsters of the CIFL.

He’s also, uh, not quite in the shape he was as an NFL quarterback. The River Monsters list him at 320 pounds on the roster, which is probably generous.

Here he was on the Giants:

59910jr022_new_york_gian.jpg?w=640&h=464

He can still move, though!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UQa0YpjP9o
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^^^ JaMarcus Russell can't get a run?
  • texasdaking88
    Options
    I played a lil qb in high school. Dude was my inspiration.. Him and jamarcus.. Lol.. Punk ass coach excuse was I threw side armed.. I was like that's ur job to fix it
  • RawAce
    Options
    Speaking of backups gettin SB rings,
    Tavaris Jackson got a ring and he not happy about it.
    Dude say he'd rather be starting somewhere else
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If a better team comes with the better contract his ass is gone from buffalo
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RawAce wrote: »
    Speaking of backups gettin SB rings,
    Tavaris Jackson got a ring and he not happy about it.
    Dude say he'd rather be starting somewhere else

Playing > sitting the bench
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    Plus, a "ring" does very little for a bench player career wise. Especially a clipboard holder. At least a backup DB or WR, RB, etc can say they contributed and laid it on the line on special teams or the scout team. But even backup QBs can't be touched at practice.

I'm sure he's happy for his team and he got something to tell his grandkids about, but for a QB it's all about gettin' live reps to show what you got and contribute.
  • RawAce
    Options
    I completely agree but it's laff able to me cause dude ain't gettin another shot.
    He said as he look around the league ,
    He should be starting .

I don't think he got a fair shake in MN but ? , as far black qb's go, he done. He should jus get ready to get them Charlie batch, Seneca Wallace checks
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    But nah, Jackson need to GTFOH thinkin' he "should" be starting somewhere. "Wanting" to start -- I get it. "Should" start? Foh, Tarvaris. He had a gang of chances to start.
  • RawAce
    Options
    Autocorrect spares no one. iPhone's only drawback IMO
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Autocorrect spares no one. iPhone's only drawback IMO

autocorrect to what?? laff isn't a word. but laughable is
  • Young Gunner
    Young Gunner Members Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's like nikkas don't try anymore lol
  • texasdaking88
    Options
    But nah, Jackson need to GTFOH thinkin' he "should" be starting somewhere. "Wanting" to start -- I get it. "Should" start? Foh, Tarvaris. He had a gang of chances to start.

He's better than anyone in Jacksonville or Cleveland not named Campbell and possibly better than him too with the fact he can run.. Or better than anyone on Oakland
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I completely agree but it's laff able to me cause dude ain't gettin another shot.
    He said as he look around the league ,
    He should be starting .

I don't think he got a fair shake in MN but ? , as far black qb's go, he done. He should jus get ready to get them Charlie batch, Seneca Wallace checks

garnett.gif
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    only good thing chris clemons did in an eagles uniform

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4UvKrdafqY
  • RawAce
    Options
    If I wanna spell it laff instead of laugh, I can do that.
    This is the NFL offseason thread not the Scripps Howard National Spelling Bee thread