Comments

• white715
    white715 Members Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We need

Linebackers
    Defensive backs
    Tightend

I think everyone else on the team is good they are just young and need more experience.
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NEW YORK – The National Football League will team with long-time broadcast partner CBS to produce and televise Thursday Night Football for the 2014 season, it was announced today by NFL Commissioner ROGER GOODELL and LESLIE MOONVES, president and CEO of CBS Corp., and SEAN McMANUS, Chairman, CBS Sports.

CBS will air eight early season games that also will be simulcast on NFL Network. NFL Network will also televise eight late-season games in the run-up to the playoffs. The mix of games will include 14 on Thursday nights and two late-season games on Saturday.

The full slate of 16 regular-season games will be produced by CBS with its lead broadcasters and production team, including JIM NANTZ and PHIL SIMMS, on all Thursday night games. In a new twist, NFL Network hosts and analysts will be featured in the pregame, halftime and postgame shows along with CBS Sports announcers.

The agreement is for the 2014 season with an additional year at the NFL’s option.

“NFL Network built Thursday into a night for NFL fans,” said Commissioner Goodell. “Our goal is to bring these games to more fans on broadcast television with unprecedented promotion and visibility for Thursday Night Football on CBS.”

“We are very pleased to build on our outstanding partnership with the NFL by expanding our coverage to Thursday nights,” said Moonves. “CBS is a premium content company and the NFL represents the best premium content there is. I look forward to all this new deal will do for us not only on Thursday nights, but across our entire schedule.”

“The NFL is the most powerful programming in television,” said McManus. “To add a primetime NFL package to our successful Sunday AFC package further strengthens our position in the sports marketplace.  We look forward to having Jim and Phil and our top production team showcased in prime time on Thursday nights.”
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The offseason purge has begun..

Falcons cut Asante Samuel and Stephen Nicholas.
  • Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BDB wrote: »
    The offseason purge has begun..

Falcons cut Asante Samuel and Stephen Nicholas.

Hate it had to be Asante. He was doing work before he broke down but that cap number was too high

loloakland.gif
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea, Asante was just a warm body with pads on last year.

I'm glad we got'em for cheap tho.

Lol @ Nicholas. The Kendrick Perkins of linebackers is no more.
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ppl wondered why the Eagles Gave up as asante for nothing.

Turns out that 7th rounds pick was Byrce Brown..... hum...... Nice back up rb for an now released cb...... ...........
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheBossman wrote: »
    Ppl wondered why the Eagles Gave up as asante for nothing.

Turns out that 7th rounds pick was Byrce Brown..... hum...... Nice back up rb for an now released cb...... ...........
    Cool....
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Who needs a run stopping DT?

Green Bay Packers: Time For B.J. Raji To Leave Dom Capers, Cheese State

January 6, 2014 1:04 am EST by Devin O'Barr gplus
    B.J. Raji
    Benny Sieu – USA TODAY Sports
    All good things must come to an end. Green Bay Packers fans will always have a fond memory of B.J. Raji as his unforgettable size, smile and overall demeanor are all unique. However, it’s time for the All-Pro defensive tackle to leave Green Bay and the team’s defensive coordinator Dom Capers in the dust.
    Raji clearly isn’t nearly as involved as he used to be in Green Bay. In fact, as of Week 16 the nose tackle had been seeing right around 50% of the defensive and finally voiced his frustrations just a tad when he said: “I don’t label myself as a two-down defensive lineman…I’m just a two-down defensive lineman for us this year.”
    Well, now that the Packers are eliminated from postseason play it’s time to see if Raji has the guts to leave the only NFL team he has ever known. Of course, Raji’s decision will depend a lot on what kind of money Green Bay is willing to offer, but it’s rather safe to say the Packers are already working toward his replacement. At the end of the day: this “break-up” is best for both parties as Raji can now restart in a new town, where he can hopefully get to the quarterback a tad more — No. 90′s last sack came in November of 2011.
    Although Raji’s time in Green Bay might have ended sour, the defensive tackle still has a lot to be proud of and can be reminded every time he looks down at his Super Bowl ring.

Read more at http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2014/01/06/green-bay-packers-time-for-b-j-raji-to-leave-dom-capers-cheese-state/?j5ETqiQSeRbL8Fkz.99
  • Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So one of Ware, Suggs, Clemons, or Peppers could possibly get cut??

dvv1Te9.gif
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    eastbay510 wrote: »
    S.jR. wrote: »
    The NFC Championship game was the Super Bowl... and with that said.. this is why I couldn't say ? since that game...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEp4r2q9tTA

Go ahead... feelings... I know.... 49ers fans don't watch.

Was definately a good amount of funny ? that happened in the NFC Championship game but iono if I'd go as far as to say it was rigged. At this point it is what it is though. They're the champs we just gotta kick their ass next year.

I personally don't agree with that videos narrative but it was some pretty obvious/devastating ? being missed.
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Suggs and ware aren't going anywhere
  • white715
    Options
    Is it just me or is Ware a little overrated I don't remember him doing much in any of those games the Cowboys needed to win
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    white715 wrote: »
    Is it just me or is Ware a little overrated I don't remember him doing much in any of those games the Cowboys needed to win

LEBRON22.gif
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    white715 wrote: »

yincNU8.gif
  • smittysmith
    smittysmith Members Posts: 8,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Need another safety to go along with Vaccaro to solidify the backend of the defense, draft a solid OLB and playmaking WR to take some stress off of Brees. We should use the later rounds to find some gems on OL like we usually do.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Need another safety to go along with Vaccaro to solidify the backend of the defense, draft a solid OLB and playmaking WR to take some stress off of Brees. We should use the later rounds to find some gems on OL like we usually do.

If the Bills don't let Byrd go we should trade Jenkins for him

So they can get something for him.

Wishful thinking though.
  • smittysmith
    smittysmith Members Posts: 8,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »

Wishful thinking though.

That would be highway robbery lol.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Wishful thinking though.

Jenkins is a starter in this league IMO. Above average S to me.

But KV can do what he do.
  • white715
    Options
    Last year in the game against the Eagles to win the division he had

4 tackles
    0 sacks
    0 pass defends
    0 INTs

The year before that he had

1 tackle
    0 sacks
    0 pass defends
    0 INTs

The year before that he balled out the whole year including the final game but the last two seasons have been lackluster and he hasn't had big games when his team has needed him the most.
  • ZydecoShawty
    ZydecoShawty Members Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Wishful thinking though.

Jenkins is a starter in this league IMO. Above average S to me.

But KV can do what he do.

Ahhahahahahahaha...

• O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Young Gunner
    Young Gunner Members Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tony G the new Brett Farve?

from nfl.com:

We might not have seen the last of Tony Gonzalez, after all.

The prolific tight end "consistently confessed" during Atlanta's 4-12 season that he was uncertain about retirement, according to a profile by Seth Wickersham in the latest edition of ESPN The Magazine. Wickersham shadowed Gonzalez during what was believed to be the future Hall of Famer's NFL farewell in 2013.

During a dinner with (non-elite) quarterback Matt Ryan, Gonzalez said, "Maybe, if the team is hot in November, 9-2 or something, I could come back for the last two months."

Gonzalez and retirement have been synonymous for two years now. Back in 2012, he repeatedly stated he was 95 percent certain he'd call it quits following that season. He came back in 2013, skipped most of training camp and was typically productive in what became a lost year in Atlanta. Publicly, he never acknowledged he was again having second thoughts about retirement.

Also from Wickersham's profile: Gonzalez was more open to a midseason trade than he let on. Shortly before the deadline, Gonzalez met with coach Mike Smith and general manager Thomas Dimitroff and expressed his openness to a deal. He did not formally ask to be traded. When the deadline came and went without a move, Gonzalez was not happy.

Moving Gonzalez certainly made a lot of sense at the time and it's unclear why he chose to play it passive as the deadline approached. There were plenty of contenders -- his old team in Kansas City included -- that could have used his services.

We'll see if Gonzalez can resist the itch to return. That might end up being an upset