Lebron say's "Im going to be 1 of the top 4 thats ever played this game"

Options

Comments

• Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Cant call it right now
    Well damn. U ? crazy If you dont think the whole hand-checking thing doesnt make a difference.
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Can't truly be "ranked" until your career is over or almost over given that all of the all time greats all dominated or played at a high level well into their 30s.

But I wouldn't put it past him. There's never really been anyone like him physically as far as his body type and agility, so... Yeah, that.

The "ring" count ? is obsurd tho. If Jordan would've never came back when he retired the first time he should've STILL been considered the goat. And if you erased all 6 rings but kept all of his individual stats, he would still be top 3. Team sport, not boxing.
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lebron do be making comments that make you just scratch your head its not enough that hes trending towards being possibly the greatest player ever he needs some type of reassurance that people know hes still good--still relevant

always seeking attention and affirmation hes like these women that grew up without fathers in their life that enjoys fighting for attention more then they do actually getting it
  • blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Attention ?
    Lbj will never be in my top 4, ? love to brush off 07,11' and even games 1-5 in 13' finals like it never happened, dude is the Peyton of the NBA
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    ckfree wrote: »
    lebron do be making comments that make you just scratch your head its not enough that hes trending towards being possibly the greatest player ever he needs some type of reassurance that people know hes still good--still relevant

always seeking attention and affirmation hes like these women that grew up without fathers in their life that enjoys fighting for attention more then they do actually getting it

Three words: Slim Reaper Effect.

Ever seen one of those kids that start actin' out when they see another kid gettin all the attention? Yeah, that's Lebron.
  • ckfree
    Options

Ever seen one of those kids that start actin' out when they see another kid gettin all the attention? Yeah, that's Lebron.

yup

i saw some ? yesterday with lebron saying kd will go down as one of the greatest scocers ever

scorer not player

maybe its me reading in to it too much but its not the first time hes veiled some ?

i hope kd takes notice
  • greenwood1921
    edited February 2014
    Options

yup

i saw some ? yesterday with lebron saying kd will go down as one of the greatest scocers ever

scorer not player

maybe its me reading in to it too much but its not the first time hes veiled some ?

i hope kd takes notice

Yeah, I saw that too. One thing I've figured out about Durant is that he's a low-key snake. lol. He's all politically correct and humble in his interviews, but he's reaching in nikka's chests in-game. He don't need no extra motivation from anyone.

But nobody can really judge Bron for being so sensitive and "aware" of his legacy -- we made him. ESPN was showing his ? ' junior-year high school games. Everybody was on his ? in his first few years when he was the "new flavor of the month."

He been the talk of the local and international sports world since before he was old enough to drive - so nobody can get mad that now that he's almost 30, he's obsessed with people seeing him in a certain light.
  • ckfree
    Options

yup

scorer not player

i hope kd takes notice

Yeah, I saw that too. One thing I've figured out about Durant is that he's a low-key snake. lol. He's all politically correct and humble in his interviews, but he's reaching in nikka's chests in-game. He don't need no extra motivation from anyone.

But nobody can really judge Bron for being so sensitive and "aware" of his legacy -- we made him. ESPN was showing his ? ' junior-year high school games. Everybody was on his ? in his first few years when he was the "new flavor of the month."

He been the talk of the local and international sports world since before he was old enough to drive - so nobody can get mad that now that he's almost 30, he's obsessed with people seeing him in a certain light.

thats what i liked best when kd was yanking bron left and right in their last game he was not even celebrating like most people who one upped lebron would he was just business as usual like he was any other opponent and that in itself is as etherous as it gets

lebron is the first true superstar of the 24-hour social media age where nothing is no longer personal and if you keep something for yourself people think you hiding ? lol but it goes both ways though when the going is good the media will only act to cement his status and further his legend

yea you gotta give credit to how lebron has handled himself imagine if he ever had a moment like richard sherman had smh wow
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hell yea, he right
    S2J wrote: »
    Some of yall are a special breed i swear lol Yall get so selective n cautious regarding Lebron. its weird.

Do yall realize he's 10 yrs in?! We can stop the 'he gotta show me______' act now.

He's been puttin up 27,7, and 7 since yr 3. The ngga been in his 'prime' stat-wise for 8 years! 8 years!??! Lol smh

The only thing most them dudes got on Bron is nostalgia. Only Mike is out his reach.

People just don't like Lebron , it has nothing to do with actual basketball. They act like they know these cats personally

? ... I don't like Lebron. I never was a fan of Jordan eiher. But damn a ? gotta keep it real.

I do gotta agree tho, I think he feelin some kinda way about Kevin Durant showin out right now.
  • greenwood1921
    Options

yup

scorer not player

i hope kd takes notice

thats what i liked best when kd was yanking bron left and right in their last game he was not even celebrating like most people who one upped lebron would he was just business as usual like he was any other opponent and that in itself is as etherous as it gets

lebron is the first true superstar of the 24-hour social media age where nothing is no longer personal and if you keep something for yourself people think you hiding ? lol but it goes both ways though when the going is good the media will only act to cement his status and further his legend

yea you gotta give credit to how lebron has handled himself imagine if he ever had a moment like richard sherman had smh wow

The bold is a good point.
  • Undergroundraplegend
    Undergroundraplegend Members Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cant call it right now

I agree with this
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hell yea, he right
    Once you get more than 1 ring, the ring count thing is irrelevant. 1 ring might mean you just got hot at the right time on some fluke ? . 2 as the alpha is enough to put you right there with the all time greats I your stats match up.

Three peats and multiple championships I feel like that speaks more to your organization. Competent ownership, a good GM who finds the right complimentary players, great coaching, players that buy into the system, etc...

The last truly great dynasty was the Shaq/Kobe/Phil Lakers. And I think the days those kind of dynasties are over. This version of the Heat is kinda close but you don't have the same confidence/resentment of knowin they gon pull this ? out like any of the teams before.

The new model of success should be like how the Spurs are. They don't win every year but they stay contending year in and year out.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cant call it right now
    Once you get more than 1 ring, the ring count thing is irrelevant. 1 ring might mean you just got hot at the right time on some fluke ? . 2 as the alpha is enough to put you right there with the all time greats I your stats match up.

Three peats and multiple championships I feel like that speaks more to your organization. Competent ownership, a good GM who finds the right complimentary players, great coaching, players that buy into the system, etc...

The last truly great dynasty was the Shaq/Kobe/Phil Lakers. And I think the days those kind of dynasties are over. This version of the Heat is kinda close but you don't have the same confidence/resentment of knowin they gon pull this ? out like any of the teams before.

The new model of success should be like how the Spurs are. They don't win every year but they stay contending year in and year out.

That's your opinion though. General consensus is the whole thing is about ring count. Magic was all over the radio talking about his ? kit recently and when asked about the players of today he said it's all about the rings.

Jordan was in the media a few months back and when comparing Kobe and Lebron, he said 5 is more than 2.

Fans are bullshitters and they know this, which is why they revert back to the ring count. Once you get to a certain level of greatness, the bias sets in on who's better and ? start coming up with silly ass theories (see your post) which is why ring count is the deal breaker that everyone uses.

... That's what the basketball kings judge everything on, so that's what it is. If Lebron wants to be in the top 4 conversation, he NEEDS to match the other wing players' ring count.

His peers ain't going for that new rules ? . The legends before definitely ain't going for that "change the rules so I come out looking better ? " either.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hell yea, he right
    All I know is he took a team with Eric snow and urs newble to the finals and instead if props he gets criticized cuz they lost to Duncan.
  • blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Attention ?
    aneed123 wrote: »
    All I know is he took a team with Eric snow and urs newble to the finals and instead if props he gets criticized cuz they lost to Duncan.

It's that he lost but how ? he played
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hell yea, he right
    blu197 wrote: »

Dont matter... They wasn't spose to be there. He had no help vs spurs who zoned and doubled him. ? took the Cavs to the finals that's greatness...
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cant call it right now
    I actually think LeBron is a great player but like somebody else stated in this thread if his career stopped today he wouldn't be top 4 All-Time. That's what the whole conversation is about. Not what he is gonna keep doing because tomorrow is promised to nobody.

He is no doubt top 15 or 10 all-time, right now. But top 4 already?????

No ? way!
  • FlightKing
    FlightKing Members Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Attention ?
    Parallel wrote: »
    FlightKing wrote: »
    lmao @ couldn't do this in the 80s or 90s though

lmao @ thinking his numbers in an offensive driven era can be duplicated in defensive eras where hand checking was allowed and the ? can't dribble for real, gets rattled by contact and has the heart of a Carebear. You fantasy basketball, basketball PER average ass ? ? me with these numbers. NUMBERS DO LIE for these flopping ass ? who get more calls than a little.

FOH. McGrady, Bean and AI was iller than him with more talented ? competing with him. Paul George, Durant and Melo are competition now. Aight...top 4 tho?

Top 10.

Lebron's size/athleticism alone could allow him to thrive in any era.

You old ass YMCA "I coulda made it in the league if I hadn't blew my knee out in 10th grade" muh fuckas ? me.

Playing in the league was never one of my goals. Knowing the game is just something I do. Guess those dunks impress you. You prolly thought the crab dribble was legal too. Yo ol' "He's top 2, when the headband comes off tho!!!" ass ? .

You're a tomato.

Dwight Howard got size and athleticism but he's a ? ? too and it wouldn't translate. You keep thinking what you think though. Put LeBron in your top 4 and sleep at night.

Miss me with the water fountain YMCA jokes though. You're better than that.

Top 10.
  • FlightKing
    FlightKing Members Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Attention ?

Dont matter... They wasn't spose to be there. He had no help vs spurs who zoned and doubled him. ? took the Cavs to the finals that's greatness...

Iverson took Eric Snow, Aaron McKie, Theo Ratliff, George Lynch, Tyrone Hill, Todd MacCulloch, Kevin Ollie, Pepe Sanchez and malnourished Mutombo to the Finals and won a game against the Lakers in their prime in one of the most dominant title runs ever.

The Cavs came out of a rabbit ? East that year. Its an accomplishment but it ain't impossible.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hell yea, he right
    Lebron like I'm tired of being humble
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Talent level in pretty much every sport right now >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Talent level in the same sport in the 80s/90s...stop.

Word? So the Centers of today could outplay the Centers of the past decades? Who? Dwight, Noah, and Hibbert? LMAO! FOH! They would get embarrassed. Ewing, Shaq, Hakeem, Robinson etc. would ? them.

You really think the wing players of today are better than the past decades? So Lebron, Durant, Melo are better than Jordan, Dominique, Clyde, Julius, Reggie, Scottie, Bird etc.? Nope! Try again.

PG? LMAO! Chris Paul is the only official PG of this era and he ain't even in the same realm as Magic, Isiah, Stockton, Payton etc.

PF? You really think LA, Love, Bosh > Malone, Barkley, Mchale, Moses M etc? LMAO! Once again. Not close.

.... Yeah bruh you're way off. The previous eras have this era beat out in every single position.

IMO you can be more talented than someone and still not be a better overall player. For example Paul George is more talented than Bird but that does not mean he is an overall better player. Keep in mind that today's players are working on completely different skill sets than the old school players. You got seven footers jackin up 4 three pointers a night. Back then seven footers were not even shooting 4 three pointers a season. It's a different game now. Talent,skill,physical gifts or what ever you want to call it, Today's ballers can do more than ballers of my generation. The advantage the old school had was they were fundamentally sound. Today's ballers use athleticism to cover up for their lack of fundamentals. Just my opinion.
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    FlightKing wrote: »

Iverson took Eric Snow, Aaron McKie, Theo Ratliff, George Lynch, Tyrone Hill, Todd MacCulloch, Kevin Ollie, Pepe Sanchez and malnourished Mutombo to the Finals and won a game against the Lakers in their prime in one of the most dominant title runs ever.

The Cavs came out of a rabbit ? East that year. Its an accomplishment but it ain't impossible.

Sixers had the MVP,Coach of the year,DPOY and Sixth man of the year. The perfect storm.
  • smittysmith
    smittysmith Members Posts: 8,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    O.G. wrote: »
    Talent level in pretty much every sport right now >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Talent level in the same sport in the 80s/90s...stop.

Word? So the Centers of today could outplay the Centers of the past decades? Who? Dwight, Noah, and Hibbert? LMAO! FOH! They would get embarrassed. Ewing, Shaq, Hakeem, Robinson etc. would ? them.

You really think the wing players of today are better than the past decades? So Lebron, Durant, Melo are better than Jordan, Dominique, Clyde, Julius, Reggie, Scottie, Bird etc.? Nope! Try again.

PG? LMAO! Chris Paul is the only official PG of this era and he ain't even in the same realm as Magic, Isiah, Stockton, Payton etc.

PF? You really think LA, Love, Bosh > Malone, Barkley, Mchale, Moses M etc? LMAO! Once again. Not close.

.... Yeah bruh you're way off. The previous eras have this era beat out in every single position.

IMO you can be more talented than someone and still not be a better overall player. For example Paul George is more talented than Bird but that does not mean he is an overall better player. Keep in mind that today's players are working on completely different skill sets than the old school players. You got seven footers jackin up 4 three pointers a night. Back then seven footers were not even shooting 4 three pointers a season. It's a different game now. Talent,skill,physical gifts or what ever you want to call it, Today's ballers can do more than ballers of my generation. The advantage the old school had was they were fundamentally sound. Today's ballers use athleticism to cover up for their lack of fundamentals. Just my opinion.

Different Era governed by different rules and standards. Past era's revolved around the concept of team and getting the best shots possible. I remember an interview from Larry Bird (one of the greatest shooters ever) where he said his 1st year in the league he took 3 pointers and Red Aubach would tell him to never take that shot and try to get is close to basket as possible, always feed the post. Now in the instagram age, the game is dominated by iso/pick and roll due to rule changes. No coincidence the best passing teams of this decade have had the most success.

No way to tell where Lebron will end up, guys 11 yrs in with countless minutes on his legs he can fall off in a heartbeat for all we know.
This discussion has been closed.