• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In before.he's coastin......
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In before.he's coastin......

That's a funny one to me. Nikkas constantly mimic and compare themselves to Jordan -- but I never seen him "coast." Dude took every game personal. That's how 72-10 happens.

I honestly don't think Lebron would co-sign that ? myth that his stans cooked up. At least I hope not...
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    He's not even top 6 right now. MJ, Magic, Bird, Kareem, Oscar Robinson, Zeke ahead of him right now

One of the best athletes to play the game but let his career finish first.

The fact he's making those statements when he has a good 6-8 seasons left to play is what people will hold him to when Wade is done and Bosh leaves.

He'll never play with less than 2 other all-stars near their prime again. Trust.
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    Parallel wrote: »
    He's not even top 6 right now. MJ, Magic, Bird, Kareem, Oscar Robinson, Zeke ahead of him right now

The fact he's making those statements when he has a good 6-8 seasons left to play is what people will hold him to when Wade is done and Bosh leaves.

He'll never play with less than 2 other all-stars near their prime again. Trust.

He hasn't been the last 2 seasons either...Wade has dropped off significantly. Doesn't appear to be turning anything around this season either.

It's called a contract + winning. He came there because of two all-stars and wherever else he goes it'll be the same scenario.

• Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2014
    Options
    LeBron been poppin off lately. I guess its because he know Durant is coming.
  • ericb4prez
    ericb4prez Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cant call it right now
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    You Kobe stans ? me with that LBJ vs the Spurs finals can't be overlooked ? .

Like y'all completely forgot about that Detroit finals.

And like Shaq didn't own whatever team they played in the finals every year.

aneed123 wrote: »
    Typical
    naw u gotta be consistent if u bring up one players playoff failures u do the same for the other

But nobody mentions Boobie dropping 31 in the close out game vs Detroit I've seen ? try to play Kobe for goin 6/24 and grabbing 14 boards but nobody clown bron goin 3/11 and grabbing 14 boards
  • ericb4prez
    ericb4prez Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cant call it right now

Wade been done since that finals against Dallas.

Bosh? Really? Every ten games he pulls out good one.

LBJ been dragging Wade corpse to straight finals.

? , do you even watch the games?

So you sayin he has taken 3 teams to the final by himself
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Hell yea, he right
    Ultimately his likeability and statistically obsessed culture as well as the hype factor will put him there
    I feel about him how I feel about Brady hes great but overrated in terms of the reverence
    Ye shrug

You sure do mention your hatred for stats a lot. Hate to tell ya but thats the only thing that will stand time. That and rings.

No one remembers Oscar Robertson's weaknesses, whether he could go left, etc. They remember he avg a triple double. No one remembers how Wilt scored 50/game. They just know he did it.

So years down the line...no one will remember how Bron scored his points...but what they will see is

27...7...and 7. And his absurdly high fg%'s will look like a typo compared to his peers. HE'S SHOOTING 57%. HE SHOT 40% FROM 3 LAST YEAR

Thats why I'm genuinely perplexed w/ yall little hang ups and snobbiness (not you per say) toward Bron.

It. Doesnt. matter. His numbers, in additon to the MVPS and rings, override any opinion.

Men lie.....women lie.....numbers dont.

• S2J
    Options
    Hell yea, he right

Irelevant. He has no rings so he cant speak on what Lebron does.

They tried the same 'we love him b/c he's so humble' route with Derrick Rose.

To the victor goes the spoils. Lebron can say whatever the ? he wants. KD's humble ass gon stay ringless.
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    lol @ the girlfriend-esque feels.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hell yea, he right
    S2J wrote: »

To the victor goes the spoils. Lebron can say whatever the ? he wants. KD's humble ass gon stay ringless.

and how you know that?
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hell yea, he right
    ericb4prez wrote: »
    You Kobe stans ? me with that LBJ vs the Spurs finals can't be overlooked ? .

Like y'all completely forgot about that Detroit finals.

And like Shaq didn't own whatever team they played in the finals every year.

aneed123 wrote: »
    Typical
    naw u gotta be consistent if u bring up one players playoff failures u do the same for the other

But nobody mentions Boobie dropping 31 in the close out game vs Detroit I've seen ? try to play Kobe for goin 6/24 and grabbing 14 boards but nobody clown bron goin 3/11 and grabbing 14 boards

Who got boobie those wide open spot up 3s I'll wait ...
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hell yea, he right
    ericb4prez wrote: »

Wade been done since that finals against Dallas.

Bosh? Really? Every ten games he pulls out good one.

LBJ been dragging Wade corpse to straight finals.

? , do you even watch the games?

So you sayin he has taken 3 teams to the final by himself
    Wade balled out the first finals after that he been a play when I feel like it hurt role player.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cant call it right now
    Just now seeing how the question was asked and answered.

Nikkas made it like he went off on a Mike Tyson/Richard Sherman roid-rant. He named 4-names (that weren't him) and then Smitty asked him if he'd be up there someday. The ? he 'sposed to do? Say no and defer?

It's a interview not the 4th qua.... Nah. I'm better than that.

He can say what he wants, but the best answer would have been, "I'm going to be the best player I can be, and leave it up to the basketball gods or the fans to decide where I rank."
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S\O big bro KD always keeping it trill like a PG ? should
  • playmaker88
    Options
    Lol should shut this ? aneed down but I aint bout to write a book

However, he went to miami because he had threats in bosh and wade clown

Hes the only one of the 3 to not give anything up in terms of the way they played the game lebron is the headliner bosh and wade ddont have to put up 25 a game then you add the shooters to the mix all these factors enable bron just as much as he enables them stop trying to cleveland the heat to boost up bron its not necessary.. ..
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ckfree wrote: »
    'lebron is hiding the fact he cant make a last shot by blowing his opponents out' smh
    Who the ? would say this?

'if lebron was really clutch he wouldve let the spurs get ahead and hit a last second game winning shot'

its just an exaggeration on the proverbial moving of the goal posts and the new standards for satisfaction that are established every day for him by the people who try to disguise their hate like the skip bayless of the worlds

truth is bron really at a disadvantage compared to other players with how intense the media is, online outlets, 87 cameras, still pictures, google earth etc i think people really think mj shot 80 percent from the field in all his playoffs games lol some games he stunk up the joint

no other player has ever had to deal with that microscope (he brought some of that on to himself too) but as i said earlier when the going is good its good when the going is bad its bad so it all evens out
  • playmaker88
    Options
    You gotta be kidding me. Bron has his detractors but the adoration of media types has been incessant ...
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    im done defending this dude i even took a shot at the ? smh

so im just gonna say history is always hard to see as its being written

and with that yall enjoy your all star weekends
  • S2J
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Hell yea, he right
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    S2J wrote: »

and how you know that?

Now...we wait.

I like KD, dont get me wrong. But just watch when the tide turns. It might be this year b/c everybody assumed they got next but what if they get bumped out of line and lose to SA or LAC, or Indy in the finals.

Then the doubt creeps in. Then the narrative changes. Then that title creeps in: 'best player never to win a ring'

Unfortunately D Rose got hurt again, but my prophesy on that was comin true. We all knew---sorry, I knew---they were nowhere near a title...now u got rumblings that he's 'not really that humble'. They turned on him.

Will KD still be that 'humble'? Will he still get more respect in the streets than Bron (as he inexplicably does now) if, say, Bron gets a 3rd ring before KD gets 1?The fans still gon love me man?
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    mike06 wrote: »
    so wait?....(HYPOTHETICALLY) if his career is over today....he's already placed ahead of a guy with 5 rings and top 5 in scoring history?

ok...gotcha

He said "I'm going to be" as in when he's done playing. Not presently as in if he were to retire today. Not that hard to comprehend.
This discussion has been closed.