Lebron say's "Im going to be 1 of the top 4 thats ever played this game"

Options

Comments

• TrillRussell
    TrillRussell Members Posts: 594 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hell yea, he right
    DaBull wrote: »
    bosh numbers as the 3rd option are equal to a 2nd option of other title teams. check pippen with MJ and Gasol with Kobe

19 n 9 are excellent numbers

Bosh averaged 13 ppg in The Finals the last 2 years they've won...Those are average 3rd option numbers dog..

• DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hell yea, he right
    the Hiphopjunki guy said 19 n 9

I went off that
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hell yea, he right
    Tha ? yall laughin for? Did I stutter? Lol

Dwayne Wade---the CURRENT Wade---is the equivalent of James Worthy, Scottie Pippen, Tony Parker, Pao gasol, Kevin Mchale...

And Chris Bosh is a slighty better than normal 3rd option on a elite team. Robert Parish, Manu Ginobli, Cornbread Maxwell (he was the FOURTH option, and won FINALS MVP in 81) Horace Grant (an all star the 1 yr Mike left and he could actually shoot) ,etc

Yes, everyone asumed Lebron's feats would be tainted when he left, but the other guys arent as good anymore

And you dont even wanna start lookin at elite HOF players and the fellow elite HOF players they played with. Magic ,Brid, Wilt , Russell, Kareem, Oscar, West, Shaq, Kobe.etc.
  • S2J
    Options
    Hell yea, he right
    there is no easy way to win a championship

until lebron does it....

Hilarious and 100% true.
  • CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hell yea, he right
    Can people please explain when Chris Bosh was on the same level as Bron/Wade/Bean/Durant etc... since he was a Superstar at some point in his career.
  • ericb4prez
    ericb4prez Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cant call it right now
    ? gon downplay wades and bosh contributions to big up bron then over exaggerate Bynum and gasol presence to downplay Kobe lol I've seen it all
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hell yea, he right
    its funny when folk say Bron left and his ring dont count cuz of his help.... yet Cleveland he had horrible help in comparison to all the other greats.... folk woulda been happy had he stayed there and lost foreva with Newble and Snow and Boobie. While Magic could have Cooper Worthy Kareem or Bird with Mchale Parish etc or Kobe with Shaq.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hell yea, he right
    I wished hada stayed in Cleveland a couple more years tho cuz he was on the cusp but hind sight being 20/20 he got 2 rings and 3 more finals appearances with his choice so he did what was best
  • TrillRussell
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Hell yea, he right
    ericb4prez wrote: »
    ? gon downplay wades and bosh contributions to big up bron then over exaggerate Bynum and gasol presence to downplay Kobe lol I've seen it all

Nobody's downplaying what they are to the team bruh...We talking strictly from A numbers stand point..Opinions are opinions..numbers and history are facts...How are Wade's 20 ppg as A 2nd option and Bosh's 13 ppg in the Back to Back NBA Finals any more than what Any other All Time Great got from their teammates?Y'all ? get too geeked off reputations and names..go deeper into the numbers and the history of the game..
  • God_Yunn
    God_Yunn Members Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nah Son wrote: »
    Lebron is one of the GOATs but his legacy would be even better if he hadnt run away to get them rings. I'm just saying

Thats what'll probably always put Jordan above him for me cause he took a sorry team and made them a dynasty

Jordan didn't build the team , GM and Phil Jackson did.

versus that ? Cleveland Cavalier organization
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LeBron will finish statistically as one of the top 4 or 5 players to ever play the game.

He's already in my top 8-12 players imo.

He gets another ring and a few more individual accolades he probably moves into that to top 5-8 players.

In the eyes of many that decision debacle will always somewhat tarnish his legacy with it being perceived that he left Cleveland to play with another superstar and all star level player in Wade and Bosh.

Say what you want about Wade being washed he's still a damn good second option not to mention Bosh at the third option who would be more of a second option on many other championship caliber teams.

Wade may not be able to consistently put up big numbers anymore due to decline and injuries but in big games he comes to play and I've seen him hit timely shots in crucial situations in these Heat title runs the last couple of years.

Same can be said for Bosh to a far lesser degree people forget that he was a 20-10 guy in Toronto, but he doesn't put up those type numbers anymore because he plays with two other players who need the ball to be effective.

It's amazing how people will stretch the facts to suit their argument, but the truth is numbers tell a story but they don't always tell the entire story.
  • TrillRussell
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Hell yea, he right
    Everything I said was facts and can be backed up by simply going to look at the numbers yourself..it's not A personal opinion...I aint saying Bosh and Wade aint important..i'm just saying They are about as important as every 2nd and 3rd option to championship teams..no more no less..and when you check the numbers..About 95% of championship teams have the top dog getting that 25 to 30 ppg,The 2nd option getting 15 to 20 ppg the 3 option getting his 10 to 15 ppg and the key role players getting about 6 to 8 and knocking down timely shots..That's the formula for ALL championship teams..so why ? acting like What Lebron is getting from his teammates is so different and so much more of a lift than what Any other Superstar/legend has gotten from his teammates and it's detrimental to his legacy?..that's all i'm saying
  • ericb4prez
    Options
    Cant call it right now
    Lebron is one of the GOATs but his legacy would be even better if he hadnt run away to get them rings. I'm just saying

Thats what'll probably always put Jordan above him for me cause he took a sorry team and made them a dynasty

That same ? organization was a favorite to win the ring his last few years and had been to as many finals as the beloved thunder organization ? gotta chill wit actin like he didn't have talent that was tailor made to play with him
  • WhoisDonG???
    WhoisDonG??? Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hell yea, he right
    ? also forget in Cleveland Lebron wasn't in his prime yet like he is now. I still say if he stayed in Cleveland he'll have a ring. Lebron is a totally different player skill wise as he was in Cleveland. He added range has improved along with post game and more efficient . Just imagine those improvements why still on Cleveland with shooters he had to spread teams out. Teams beat Lebron in Cleveland by staying on shooters and forcing him to shoot. The team was built around him.
  • ericb4prez
    Options
    Cant call it right now
    Parallel wrote: »

That same ? organization was a favorite to win the ring his last few years and had been to as many finals as the beloved thunder organization ? gotta chill wit actin like he didn't have talent that was tailor made to play with him

This speaks far more about Lebron than the team/organization...

Would you mind clarifying
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hell yea, he right
    The Bulls dynasty teams weren't garbage. They may not have won when Jordan left, but they were still a bell of a team with one of the greast coaches ever.

The the fact that the Cavs got so close has mostly everything to do with LeBron's talent and tenacity and almost nothing to do with the coach/GM/rest of the team. Same goes for Iverson and the 76'ers and Dwight and the Magic.
  • S2J
    Options
    Hell yea, he right
    Nggas are dense.

People are still attached to the Jordan model where you're expected to carry a team. Outside of the Billups Pistons, you'll be hard pressed to find a championship team with less than TWO HOFers...theres more championship teams with THREE than there are with 1! So Lebron should be any different?

And please, please, believe me that no one will remember 'the decision'. Lol On everything. He'll finish with 6 or 7 MVPs, top 3 in scoring AND maybe in assists. And unlike what people thought, he's the unquestioned leader of the team. I swear that petty ? yall talkin will fade.
  • CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hell yea, he right

? do the opposite as well....
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Hell yea, he right

This speaks far more about Lebron than the team/organization...

Would you mind clarifying

Cleveland was worst team in the league when he got drafted. Somewhat of a championship contender with him, immediately back to the #1 pick without him.

In the 7 years with Lebron they won 8 playoff series.
    In the entire history of the Cavs, without Lebron, they've won 4 playoff series.

That's why he says it's more about Lebron than the team.
  • ericb4prez
    Options
    Cant call it right now
    Are these the numbers of a terrible team and organization that isnt improving

07-08 08-09 09-10
    ppg 24th 13th 9th

oppg 9th 1st 6th

reb 3rd 7th 11th

ast 25th 20th 6th

3p% 16th 2nd 2nd

fg% 28th 6th 3rd
  • ericb4prez
    Options
    Cant call it right now
    he always had 3 double digit scorers in the starting lineup those years as opposed to just two in miami until ray came
  • ericb4prez
    Options
    Cant call it right now
    bruh you can nitpick all you want to make it seem like we was trash, fact of the matter is our TEAM stats say differently who cares who the next closest scorer or assist person was, and you didnt answer my question
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hell yea, he right
    bruh you can nitpick all you want to make it seem like we was trash, fact of the matter is our TEAM stats say differently who cares who the next closest scorer or assist person was, and you didnt answer my question

? ain't making it seem like anything, it's fact.

You are just seriously biased cuz you're a cavs fan.

How can you think the team was NOT trash before and after Lebron came? How is having the worst and second worst record in the league not trash.
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hell yea, he right
    Lmfao ericb4prez needs to be thrown in the bushes
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You can look at 2 stats and see the picture easily:

07-08 Lebron: 30 ppg, next closest Ilgauskas with 14.1
    08-09 Lebron: 28.4 ppg, next closest Mo Williams 17.8
    09-10 Lebron: 29.7 ppg, next closest Mo Williams 15.8

Assists
    07-08 Lebron: 7.2 apg, next closest Delonte West 4.5
    08-09 Lebron: 7.2 apg, next closest Mo Williams 4.1
    09-10 Lebron: 8.6 apg, next closest Mo Williams 5.3

Lebron was the team...it wasn't getting better for him...he left and the fact people hold it against him is beyond stupid.

These numbers did not prove your point, quite the opposite
This discussion has been closed.