should single moms remain single until their kids are older?

Options

Comments

• Mike.
    Mike. Members Posts: 304 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Kwan Dai wrote: »
    I don't think Men or Women should be introducing BF and GF to their children. Soon to be spouses or spouses only.
    why do say that my moms been with the same ? since i was eight and they'll never be married and i met him the same day she met him

Reread what you typed and you tell me.

its not that he wont marry her she wont marry him if thats what you mean

and they just a longstanding relationship not everyone gets married

im 23 now and i met him a 8
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't think Men or Women should be introducing BF and GF to their children. Soon to be spouses or spouses only.
    why do say that my moms been with the same ? since i was eight and they'll never be married and i met him the same day she met him

Let's just leave it at, it's my opinion. That's peace. I'm glad things worked out for moms and yourself.

• whatevathehell
    whatevathehell Members Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    some ? in here be so anxious to get co-signs from female posters they come off sounding like ?

so what you really expect these broads to do, just sit around and play with themselves till the child grow up or die?

you ? ? me with this petty ? . Man, these ? aint did nothing to you. If they aint ya thang then dont be bothered with em. Its like crucifying crackheads, what the ? for, let em live.
  • whatevathehell
    whatevathehell Members Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DNB1 wrote: »
    Sounds stupid to me.

So yo life stops because the father of yo kids left you so no more dating until there 18?

However, single mothers shouldn't be so desperate to settle with the first ? that wants to beat and don't mind the fact she got kids. This also is stupid but is happening every day.

I agree with everything except the bolded....come on now, if ya credit aint perfect then you gotta take whateva ride you can get ya dig?
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Exactly.

The point of all this is, make a smart choice and don't be having various dudes running through your house in front of your kids.

Get to know him first, then introduce the kid/kids.

Waiting till you're damn near married to meet the kids? That's ? .
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    Options
    No there not....

I know 3 people personally that left their kids with their new man and in one case the man beat the child to death the other two was sexually abused..

nothing happened to them except a pity party

Maybe it's different on Texas

And WTF ??? Three people you know personally ??? I hope you don't associate yourself with them anymore
  • Kwan Dai
    Options
    Probably off topic. But what is the purpose of staying with a person long term if the intent isn't marriage. I find rather idiotic to not want marriage but want a long term relationship. Especially from a Man's perspective.
  • MsSouthern
    Options
    Marriage isn't for everyone ....
  • Kwan Dai
    Options
    Kat wrote: »

Exactly.

The point of all this is, make a smart choice and don't be having various dudes running through your house in front of your kids.

How is this ? when children have nothing to do with your relationship? If, it's something you want fine but I find it rather selfish dragging people in that don't have a choice in the matter.

• Kat
    Options
    Probably off topic. But what is the purpose of staying with a person long term if the intent isn't marriage. I find rather idiotic to not want marriage but want a long term relationship. Especially from a Man's perspective.

And that's your right to feel that way, just know that everybody is different.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Fear
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    some ? in here be so anxious to get co-signs from female posters they come off sounding like ?

so what you really expect these broads to do, just sit around and play with themselves till the child grow up or die?

you ? ? me with this petty ? . Man, these ? aint did nothing to you. If they aint ya thang then dont be bothered with em. Its like crucifying crackheads, what the ? for, let em live.
    funny b/c I didn't name names
    nowhere did I say they should wait till the child grows up...but I expect them to put their kids b4 busting a nut and act like responsible individuals with kids to raise....
    animals don't leave their kids around someone they don't know ..yet these hoes
    MsSouthern wrote: »
    No there not....

I know 3 people personally that left their kids with their new man and in one case the man beat the child to death the other two was sexually abused..

nothing happened to them except a pity party

Maybe it's different on Texas

And WTF ??? Three people you know personally ??? I hope you don't associate yourself with them anymore

1 was a classmate from back in the day
    1 is a cousin actually ( she actually checked her kid out of school to see this man after he molested her and was on his was back to prison)
    and the other was my mothers co-worker
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes, the safety of children is petty as ? ...
    The mothers ? is what really matters...

:))

this guy..........
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah they ain't got nothing but baggage and another ? kid to bring to the table, who would sign up for that? ?
  • Kwan Dai
    Options

And that's your right to feel that way, just know that everybody is different.

Really? You think? Now could you be so kind as to explain the want for a long term monogamous relationship but not marriage?

• mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Fear

This is what it really boils down to.
  • Kat
    Options

Exactly.

How is this ? when children have nothing to do with your relationship? If, it's something you want fine but I find it rather selfish dragging people in that don't have a choice in the matter.

You seem like the type of dude that would get with a single mother but you ain't trying to "play daddy".

It was very important to me how my daughter interacted with him and how he interacted with her.

Why would I invest all that time up to the point of engagement, just to find out he's not who I envision as a father figure? She may drive him crazy..he might want out.

I'm not saying introduce them right away, but IMO if you're going to be with me it's a package deal and I need to see that interaction.

• Kwan Dai
    Options

Fear

Of what though?

• Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this remind me of that time when damobb2deep was like

"best way to a woman's heart is to win the kids over first"

or some ? like that.....
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Fear

Of what though?

-Divorce
    -Lunch ?
    -Her taking half
    -Being labeled a SFLAN (sucka for love ass ? )
    -Running into some ? in the street who tell you they used to gang bang her raw
    etc.

A lot of these ? are terrified.
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    <--- no belief in religion and no respect for the law..

so get married for what!!?

<--- married to The Game..
  • Kwan Dai
    Options

Exactly.

You seem like the type of dude that would get with a single mother but you ain't trying to "play daddy".

It was very important to me how my daughter interacted with him and how he interacted with her.

Why would I invest all that time up to the point of engagement, just to find out he's not who I envision as a father figure? She may drive him crazy..he might want out.

I'm not saying introduce them right away, but IMO if you're going to be with me it's a package deal and I need to see that interaction.

I just don't believe that a Man or Woman needs to meet the children to find out if they are in fact father or mother material. I believe a man or woman of sound mind could come to healthy conclusion through conversation and time spent.

Well I am not that type. I am the type that wouldn't get involve with a woman who has children without marriage being the intended outcome.

• atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    <--- no belief in religion and no respect for the law..

so get married for what!!?

<--- married to The Game..

you talkin like a pisces right now

oh wait..

;)
  • MsSouthern
    Options
    SugaBuga wrote: »
    Yeah they ain't got nothing but baggage and another ? kid to bring to the table, who would sign up for that? ?

Same opinion on single dads I assume ?