should single moms remain single until their kids are older?

Options

Comments

• jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SugaBuga wrote: »
    Kwan Dai wrote: »
    Everybody doesn't need a certificate to validate their bond, marriage is man made...so with out being introduced to "marriage" you wouldn't know what that is

I agree there is no need for a certificate.

Explain how you came about this concept of couples validating their bond and it's purpose?

Well "marriage" ....imo..

is jus a word used to be publicly known as or publicly recognized by, if me and my partner have a mutual understanding about our situation, the only need for marriage would be to prove to the public that we are a union(ego) or the benefits,even though I believe you can still file joint taxes if it's a common law marriage, so you can still receive the same benefits as a legally joined couple but my concept of couples validating their bond by observing what each couple chooses to signify their bond with whether it be rings, tattoos, necklaces, ceremonies like weddings, how people talk about their marriage, social media, the sick part is that people are so sick and caught up in trying to 1 up the next person, we've lost ourselves....most people don't want what they want, they want what the next person wants just to be able to say told you so or what ever, the purpose tho, I believe is up to the person, like stated earlier, you have some people that don't need to show pda to have a good marriage, some people don't need a wedding ceremony or rings or a symbol, I know that there are more people who want to have a symbol than not, but I think that number is evening out As Time Goes On, I think the validation though is more so for the female, they love to keep up with ? like that, but there are some guys that every other sentence is, my ol lady or the wife or the misses this and that

Hope I wasn't all over the llace4

I think you missed my point. Validating a bond between two people is a marriage. So, regardless of what the title is, it is what it is. However, my overall point is, I don't understand how or why people want long term, monogamous relationships but not marriage or as you put it a Validation of their bond. I didn't marry through the courts and will never marry through courts because, the validation for me was to my creator, self, then my partner not the world. So, I am 100% on board with how one validates their union should be their own. But at that point they could easily say we are married.

• zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    how many jail inmates came from single mothers
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cain wrote: »
    Honestly believe you ? type just to type

• jetlifebih
    Options
    Everybody doesn't need a certificate to validate their bond, marriage is man made...so with out being introduced to "marriage" you wouldn't know what that is

Explain how you came about this concept of couples validating their bond and it's purpose?

is jus a word used to be publicly known as or publicly recognized by, if me and my partner have a mutual understanding about our situation, the only need for marriage would be to prove to the public that we are a union(ego) or the benefits,even though I believe you can still file joint taxes if it's a common law marriage, so you can still receive the same benefits as a legally joined couple but my concept of couples validating their bond by observing what each couple chooses to signify their bond with whether it be rings, tattoos, necklaces, ceremonies like weddings, how people talk about their marriage, social media, the sick part is that people are so sick and caught up in trying to 1 up the next person, we've lost ourselves....most people don't want what they want, they want what the next person wants just to be able to say told you so or what ever, the purpose tho, I believe is up to the person, like stated earlier, you have some people that don't need to show pda to have a good marriage, some people don't need a wedding ceremony or rings or a symbol, I know that there are more people who want to have a symbol than not, but I think that number is evening out As Time Goes On, I think the validation though is more so for the female, they love to keep up with ? like that, but there are some guys that every other sentence is, my ol lady or the wife or the misses this and that

I think you missed my point. Validating a bond between two people is a marriage. So, regardless of what the title is, it is what it is. However, my overall point is, I don't understand how or why people want long term, monogamous relationships but not marriage or as you put it a Validation of their bond. I didn't marry through the courts and will never marry through courts because, the validation for me was to my creator, self, then my partner not the world. So, I am 100% on board with how one validates their union should be their own. But at that point they could easily say we are married.
    So a 5 year relationship to you isn't as "validating" as a 5 year marriage?

Why does a relationship need to be proven or validated?

I may be reaching but it sounds like you wouldnt believe the relationship is real or proven until or unless married, which is malarkey because marriage doesn't make a person act different better or worse, so what would be the point of "validating" to people who should already know???? Sounds retonto

what's understood don't need to be spoke on

• jetlifebih
    Options
    Your creator you and your partner should know how you feel so what would marriage do outside the 3 involved? ?? Feelings didn't change, situation or circumstance didn't change, so who or what are you validating your relationship to???
  • Ol Jay's
    Ol Jay's Members Posts: 8,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol @ getting to know someone 1st, that means absolutely ? , I know a chick that was molested by her step pops 10 years later after marrying her moms

If a chick make the poor decision of having a kid by a ? that bounce then she should sacrafice having a serious relationship until her child is grown
  • Kwan Dai
    Options

So a 5 year relationship to you isn't as "validating" as a 5 year marriage?

Why does a relationship need to be proven or validated?

I may be reaching but it sounds like you wouldnt believe the relationship is real or proven until or unless married, which is malarkey because marriage doesn't make a person act different better or worse, so what would be the point of "validating" to people who should already know???? Sounds retonto

what's understood don't need to be spoke on

No it isn't. That's juvenile and immature. We do that in high school.

Two people to commit to each other with witnesses to confirm.

You need a more solid foundation to live by homie. True men look people in the eye, say what needs to be said, and then handle their business accordingly.

• Kwan Dai
    Options
    Your creator you and your partner should know how you feel so what would marriage do outside the 3 involved? ?? Feelings didn't change, situation or circumstance didn't change, so who or what are you validating your relationship to???

I know I am spitting in wind here but that's what Humans being do. They communicate, they celebrate, they acknowledge. It's called being civilized, having class, honoring people as they should. More importantly you are holding each other to a standard, a code of conduct if you will.

I bet you expect a birthday gift every year or the in the very least acknowledgement. But perhaps you don't because, you are telepathic.
  • Kwan Dai
    Options
    @SugaBuga‌

You never answered my question though or spoke to my point.

What is the point of having a long term monogamous relationship if, marriage or validation isn't the end result. Why not just date, and screw who like? I would think that's much easier to do. Why play married or dance around the idea with half baked rhetoric?
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    pp; don't know whats right tho... thats a myth...

People know whats "right"
    They just don't give a ?
  • jetlifebih
    Options
    So because of my view on marriage I need a better foundation to live off? ?

One size don't fit all "homie"

Again forgive me if I already know what's good with the people I surround myself with, forgive me if I hold somebody to a standard before considering even speaking with them let alone marrying, it seems like you need something to bring up in an argument. .... "but you said you vowed to...." again all that ? means nothing because a female can go through the motions just to be apart of something, I lastly apologize if I don't need your idea of marriage to know what my relationship means and what it's worth, your supposed to honor your partner way before that altar comes into play, everything you said needs to be done before the commitment

Getting married to me is like somebody knowing I'm high and asking me...

"Are you high?"....? you think? ?

• a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And that's not a myth
  • Kwan Dai
    Options
    a.mann wrote: »
    pp; don't know whats right tho... thats a myth...

People know whats "right"
    They just don't give a ?

Real ? right here!!!!

• snakebite
    snakebite Members Posts: 15
    Options
    They should know what they want and accept what it takes to get and maintain it, either or.
  • jetlifebih
    Options
    @SugaBuga‌

What is the point of having a long term monogamous relationship if, marriage or validation isn't the end result. Why not just date, and screw who like? I would think that's much easier to do. Why play married or dance around the idea with half baked rhetoric?

Doggy there was human existence before marriage, the point of having a long term monogamous relationship could be what ever the person wants it to be, maybe you have some preconceived notion that everybody is supposed to get married, there are stds out here, it's a headache trying to juggle a line up of ? , there's just that complication of marriage in general, that's why you don't wanna date and ? who ever you want....do you think marriage was created with the human existence ?? Or man made??

Every reason you stated you wanted to get married is personal....doesn't make you a better or worse person so it's not a right or wrong it's a preference, some prefer to spend their life with somebody without complicating or compromising their items(prenup)...
    In this day and age the divorce rate is sky high, so why become a statistic

You talkin to a single child who parents divorced when I was 3 and my pops second marriage failed, so wtf is a marriage? ?
  • Kwan Dai
    Options
    So because of my view on marriage I need a better foundation to live off? ?

One size don't fit all "homie"

Again forgive me if I already know what's good with the people I surround myself with, forgive me if I hold somebody to a standard before considering even speaking with them let alone marrying, it seems like you need something to bring up in an argument. .... "but you said you vowed to...." again all that ? means nothing because a female can go through the motions just to be apart of something, I lastly apologize if I don't need your idea of marriage to know what my relationship means and what it's worth, your supposed to honor your partner way before that altar comes into play, everything you said needs to be done before the commitment

Getting married to me is like somebody knowing I'm high and asking me...

"Are you high?"....? you think? ?

No because you typed, "what's understood don't need to be spoke on"

This is ridiculous. In order to come to an understanding some type of communication had to have happened. Whether it was written, spoken or signed.

So, you deal with people based on perception, race, choice of clothing? What? Again you need a more solid foundation in life. You speaking in circles because, you think it sounds fly.

How would it seem anyway when I never said such a thing? So you are now resorting to pulling things out of the sky?

I didn't vow anything. I am not a christian.

You don't care about marriage, have never been married, and have no intentions of marrying but you know it means nothing and it's only done so a female can be a part of something? Fam I am urging you to summon more brain power regarding this subject.

No need to apologize. I see folks like you all day everyday. They exist in my family even. Yall want to talk, walk and play married. Yall even speak down on it all the while trying to create some fantasy relationship that mimics the exact thing you say you don't want or care about. It's pathetic.

• mryounggun
    Options
    Man, y'all two ? had a nice, civil conversation going on and ? . Lol. Well that's over now.
  • goldenja
    goldenja Members Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    good thread..... good thread
  • Kwan Dai
    Options
    @SugaBuga‌

Doggy there was human existence before marriage, the point of having a long term monogamous relationship could be what ever the person wants it to be, maybe you have some preconceived notion that everybody is supposed to get married, there are stds out here, it's a headache trying to juggle a line up of ? , there's just that complication of marriage in general, that's why you don't wanna date and ? who ever you want....do you think marriage was created with the human existence ?? Or man made??

Every reason you stated you wanted to get married is personal....doesn't make you a better or worse person so it's not a right or wrong it's a preference, some prefer to spend their life with somebody without complicating or compromising their items(prenup)...
    In this day and age the divorce rate is sky high, so why become a statistic

You talkin to a single child who parents divorced when I was 3 and my pops second marriage failed, so wtf is a marriage? ?

And there you have you it. You are a scorned child and I am truly sorry you had to endure that.

My father has been married 3 times and has 10 children. And guess what? That's his life. Not mine.

So, marriage is what you make it. If, the creator blesses you with a sister that's strong where you are weak then you honor that sister with marriage, grind it out till it's time to move on.
  • Kwan Dai
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »
    Man, y'all two ? had a nice, civil conversation going on and ? . Lol. Well that's over now.

Don't instigate. The brothers are hashing it out.

• mryounggun
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »

Don't instigate. The brothers are hashing it out.

Lol. Not instigating at all. We need MORE cordial debate on here and less ? propaganda Gestapo tactics. ? was all happening...til y'all ? started getting aggravated.

Go back to the good ? .
  • jetlifebih
    Options
    Bruh I thought actions spoke louder than words? ?oh iight argue that...or you've never met a liar?? Ok you keep holding on to those words that sound so "civilized" and "honorable" and "classy"

You reaching for something, I chill with people based on them fitting and acting under that standard, if u don't then we ain't kickin it...simple as that, if i meet you at work and you on some sup bruh ? all over the work place I can't kick it with you seriously....

I didn't pull anything out of the air, as far as marriage goes. ..again I'm a only child witnessed 2 failed marriages, I was using a female going through the motions as to how you discuss things in a "civil" manner mean nothing because her actions can go against everything yall discussed 'civilly...

Not a Christian but sound jus like one....you don't believe in marriage??? Your wrong you need a better foundation to live off. ...

And you didn't answer my question, was marriage man made or was it there day 1??? It's man made so how could something like living unmarried be copying off something that came after? ?? You got it twisted "homie"
  • jetlifebih
    Options
    ? can't discuss ? without getting disrespectful
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so Thot Pilgrim just gonna instigate this topic full of feelings and then bounce from the thread?...lol