should single moms remain single until their kids are older?

Options

Comments

• Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I completely disagree with you...that's insane.
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    <--- no belief in religion and no respect for the law..

so get married for what!!?

<--- married to The Game..

you talkin like a pisces right now

oh wait..

;)

they aint knowin! ;)
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »
    Kwan Dai wrote: »
    Probably off topic. But what is the purpose of staying with a person long term if the intent isn't marriage. I find rather idiotic to not want marriage but want a long term relationship. Especially from a Man's perspective.

Fear

Of what though?

-Divorce
    -Lunch ?
    -Her taking half
    -Being labeled a SFLAN (sucka for love ass ? )
    -Running into some ? in the street who tell you they used to gang bang her raw
    etc.

A lot of these ? are terrified.

Say word?

But what about dudes that's been with a chick for years and all the same things are happening to them minus the divorce of course.

• jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MsSouthern wrote: »
    SugaBuga wrote: »
    Yeah they ain't got nothing but baggage and another ? kid to bring to the table, who would sign up for that? ?

Same opinion on single dads I assume ?

Dam right, I be tellin my right hand to leave them females alone for now and focus on your business at hand, he got 1 child, paying 500+ per month, plus a headache, ? ain't worth it, once you get in a situation where a life is involved as a parent your ? should come secondary in every sense, the child didn't ask to be here, and the parent could of avoided the child being here, contraceptives, abortion, etc
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Probably off topic. But what is the purpose of staying with a person long term if the intent isn't marriage. I find rather idiotic to not want marriage but want a long term relationship. Especially from a Man's perspective.

Fear

Of what though?

facing reality... some ppl like the mirage of being able to leave whenever with little resistance...
    they scared to fully commit... scared to get hurt AND have to deal with the legal/religious aspects...
  • Kwan Dai
    Options
    kai wrote: »
    Kat wrote: »

And that's your right to feel that way, just know that everybody is different.

Really? You think? Now could you be so kind as to explain the want for a long term monogamous relationship but not marriage?

well in a long term relationship sans marriage you have no legal obligations, this can be seen as a pro or a con depending on one's motivations.

Agreed. I am really only asking because, you have ass loads of people trying to play married but don't want or aren't getting married. That's seems rather juvenile to me. Why don't people who don't want to marry just date, screw and play multiple people? Seems more truthful and upright to me.

• jetlifebih
    Options
    Everybody doesn't need a certificate to validate their bond, marriage is man made...so with out being introduced to "marriage" you wouldn't know what that is
  • Meta_Conscious
    Options
    lol@thinking that because u introduce the dude to your kids he won't molest them at a later date... its your thinking that is the issue ladies...
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Fear

Of what though?

-Divorce
    -Lunch ?
    -Her taking half
    etc.

Say word?

But what about dudes that's been with a chick for years and all the same things are happening to them minus the divorce of course.

Don't ask me, my ? . ? still feel like it's easier to swallow if they just find out foul ? about their GF, not their WIFE. So I dunno.

In the interest of full disclosure, I don't really give a ? about marriage one way or the other. Like if 4 -5 years from now, my girl wants to get married...if ? is going like it's supposed to go, I'd have no issue with that. If she doesn't, I got no issue with that either.
  • Kwan Dai
    Options

What's insane? Remember we are all different. Right? It's just a conversation. I don't think lessor or more of folks regarding their life choices. All I know is, our decisions right, wrong or indifferent carry various consequences.
  • Kat
    Options
    lol@thinking that because u introduce the dude to your kids he won't molest them at a later date... its your thinking that is the issue ladies...

lol @ thinking cause you DON'T introduce the kids he won't molest your kids at a later date.

Matter of fact, LOL @ having a child with a man at all and thinking he may not molest them at a later date.

Most cases of molestation are incestuous.

Pay attention to your kid..you know when something isn't right.
  • mryounggun
    Options
    Everybody doesn't need a certificate to validate their bond, marriage is man made...so with out being introduced to "marriage" you wouldn't know what that is

I agree with this 100%. But there is a difference between people like this who don't care about marriage one way or the other because they don't need to del validated by the church or the law...and people who are actively opposed to marriage.

I got no issue with either of them, but let's not pretend they're the same.
  • Kat
    Options

What's insane? Remember we are all different. Right? It's just a conversation. I don't think lessor or more of folks regarding their life choices. All I know is, our decisions right, wrong or indifferent carry various consequences.

That's fine. I just said I disagree..in my opinion, that's insane.

Better?
  • Kwan Dai
    Options

I agree there is no need for a certificate.

Explain how you came about this concept of couples validating their bond and it's purpose?

• Meta_Conscious
    Options

lol @ thinking cause you DON'T introduce the kids he won't molest your kids at a later date.

Matter of fact, LOL @ having a child with a man at all and thinking he may not molest them at a later date.

u basically saying that there is an equal chance that the child biological father will molest/abuse them as some dude...
    I don't know the stats... but I do recall reading that step parents are more likely to abuse kids that aint theirs...
  • Kwan Dai
    Options

Fear

Of what though?

-Divorce
    -Lunch ?
    -Her taking half
    etc.

Say word?

Don't ask me, my ? . ? still feel like it's easier to swallow if they just find out foul ? about their GF, not their WIFE. So I dunno.

In the interest of full disclosure, I don't really give a ? about marriage one way or the other. Like if 4 -5 years from now, my girl wants to get married...if ? is going like it's supposed to go, I'd have no issue with that. If she doesn't, I got no issue with that either.

What I just read was way to confusing. I wish you the best homie.

• mryounggun
    Options

Fear

Of what though?

-Divorce
    -Lunch ?
    -Her taking half
    etc.

Say word?

too*

Good looking out, bro.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    boogie in here tapdancing on feelings of mothers...stop it five
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Single mothers don't need to bring any ? around their kids until they are for sure know they are getting married. Then you let the kids be around them and get to know them.

New laws should be in effect.

1) Adultery like in various countries for example South Korea should be illegal and 30 days to 90 days jail time for first time offense.

2) Divorce should be only available if there is abuse and if there is the one that is causing it should be in prison for 5 years or more.

3) If you get a woman pregnant and you do not violate it and you are the father after DNA test you are forced to marry her and vice versa.

Stiff penalities for all parties.

My ? got his law degree from the Great State of Deuteronomy...

Tell us brotha, when do we stone the ? at the city gates in the name of Jesus?
  • jetlifebih
    Options

I agree with this 100%. But there is a difference between people like this who don't care about marriage one way or the other because they don't need to del validated by the church or the law...and people who are actively opposed to marriage.

I got no issue with either of them, but let's not pretend they're the same.
    Oh of course but Idk why ? would be scared to lose a sofa bed, losing half your ish is the only downside I see to a marriage, but I've never really thought about marriage or a wedding, I jus feel like ima be good reguardless, I'll always have a option or chance if my life partner don't work out
  • Kwan Dai
    Options

Fear

Of what though?

-Divorce
    -Lunch ?
    -Her taking half
    etc.

Say word?

too*

Good looking out, bro.

alert tcp any any -> any 80 (content:"ABC"; content:"GET"; http_method;)

For sure.
  • Kat
    Options

u basically saying that there is an equal chance that the child biological father will molest/abuse them as some dude...
    I don't know the stats... but I do recall reading that step parents are more likely to abuse kids that aint theirs...

That's believable, but your child could be molested by ANYBODY.

A teacher, a family member, a neighbor, a friend...you just have to be aware of the stats and be an objective thinker. Don't let your emotions and greed stop you from seeing what's right in front of you.

Like I said, you know when something isn't right. Far too many choose to just overlook it and hope it's not the truth.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Options
    pp; don't know whats right tho... thats a myth...
  • texasdaking88
    texasdaking88 Members Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Me personally, I don't like sharing my time with a kid that ain't mine...imo if she a good mom, her focus should be on the kid..i don't feel right if I'm taking time from her paternal duties.. Especially if I know im just bullshitting to get some ? ... Raise the little man right... Plus all the females I know that's single moms still ? their baby daddy.. And I ain't tryna play stepdaddy
  • jetlifebih
    Options

I agree there is no need for a certificate.

Explain how you came about this concept of couples validating their bond and it's purpose?

Well "marriage" ....imo..

is jus a word used to be publicly known as or publicly recognized by, if me and my partner have a mutual understanding about our situation, the only need for marriage would be to prove to the public that we are a union(ego) or the benefits,even though I believe you can still file joint taxes if it's a common law marriage, so you can still receive the same benefits as a legally joined couple but my concept of couples validating their bond by observing what each couple chooses to signify their bond with whether it be rings, tattoos, necklaces, ceremonies like weddings, how people talk about their marriage, social media, the sick part is that people are so sick and caught up in trying to 1 up the next person, we've lost ourselves....most people don't want what they want, they want what the next person wants just to be able to say told you so or what ever, the purpose tho, I believe is up to the person, like stated earlier, you have some people that don't need to show pda to have a good marriage, some people don't need a wedding ceremony or rings or a symbol, I know that there are more people who want to have a symbol than not, but I think that number is evening out As Time Goes On, I think the validation though is more so for the female, they love to keep up with ? like that, but there are some guys that every other sentence is, my ol lady or the wife or the misses this and that

Hope I wasn't all over the llace4