DC: Rebirth

Options

Comments

• Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dope ill try going through them to catch up on what idont have if my shop doesnt have back issues. I see Midtown comics advertised a lot on FB. Comixology is another one that sounds like they have a lot of sales on books pretty often. Pullbox is cleared so hopefully i will have the new issues pulled this week and not slack off on my purchasing haha.
  • HundredEyes
    HundredEyes Members Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol at nightwing being the side kick in his own books haha, story is awesome though and this Raptor dude has been cool so far...theyre taking on the court of owls for those interested...Raptor thinks hes better than Batman, wonder if he has his own books...

Got lucky and got Aquaman and ? official, one of the better books out there.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    COMICS: It Sounds Like Retailers Are Beginning To Get Seriously Sick Of Marvel Due To Poor Sales

Marvel comic books frequently find a spot in the Top 10 list of monthly sales, so it's not like they're going to go bust any time soon, but something people have been noticing in recent months is that they're not doing anywhere near as well as they used to. The launch of DC Rebirth has hurt them, while even the once much smaller Image Comics manages to regularly beat the Disney-owned company.

Bleeding Cool has been keeping track of Marvel's sales, and with DC Comics dominating another week with eight out of the ten best-selling comics, the site caught up with retailers from all over the US.

As you can see below, they're not happy with the way Marvel is handling their comics, especially as the endless new #1 issues and big events are clearly hurting their shops in terms of their overall sales.

Spider-Man Deadpool was our bestselling Marvel ongoing for a while, mostly outselling Civil War and other events, but the over-saturation of Deadpool has caused it to finally calm down, dropping off a lot these last two or three months.

DC Rebirth continues to sell to new fans, returning fans and casual fans while Marvel still isn’t bringing in any new customers with their Marvel Now books, and their long time customers seem to be enjoying DC a lot more these days.

"Let’s hope Marvel can turn things around in 2017 as all stores need the big two to be leaders, and while DC has stepped up to the plate, Marvel has some major issues to look over when it comes to pricing, content and who’s actually buying their books. The customers that actually purchase these books from stores has shrunk more than ever this last year and it’s going to take a miracle for Marvel to recover from this one."

"We just closed out our best year of all time, best month, and our best sales week in history leading up to Christmas, but Marvel sales have never been this low in our store in the last 15 years. Things were a little worse for Marvel in themid 1990’s, but the rest of the publishers seem to be doing their part."

Marvel took two spots in our store’s top ten–one with Civil War II #8 (4th place) and the other with Star Wars #26 (9th place). Everything else was all DC, as usual. Marvel had two more titles in our store’s top twenty, with DC taking the other eight places there. Anyone who thought that Rebirth was going to be a New-52-esque flash in the pan will have to re-evaluate in light of continued reader excitement over these books.

That's hardly a glowing review from comic book store owners then, and you can find more comments from them by heading over to the site. The top ten list can also be found below, and as always, be sure to share your thoughts on this news in the usual place. Have you stopped reading Marvel's comics?

Top 10 Books (8 outta 10 are DC)

1. Dark Knight III: The Master Race #7
    2. Civil War II #8
    3. All Star Batman #5
    4. Justice League Suicide Squad #2
    5. Detective Comics #947
    6. Star Wars #26
    7. Flash #13
    8. Wonder Woman #13
    9. Titans #6
    10. Harley’s Little Black Book #5
  • HundredEyes
    Options
    Lol I havent read any of the top 10 books lol, still havent read any Flash....maybe I should check out detectibe comics for what happens with Tim Drake, Im a big batman fan but really dont care for the batfam - batgirl, batwoman, batwing etc
  • HundredEyes
    Options
    There is a Green lanterns/star trek crossover out for those interested
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Detective is really good imo from the ones i have. I like it more than the main bat story. Orphan is a beast.

Its sad how far behind i am. I think the main books are on issue 15 or higher, last book i got in the series is 9. Lot of back issues im gonna have to buy, but atleast the shop is pulling my books again haha. Gonna stay on top of it now that im all moved and settled.
  • nujerz84
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Titans and Batman Detective Comics are the titles that thus far have the most Watchmen connections

Tempest was reading Kadabra's Mind and says she only got one word Manhattan

2v8r120.jpg

307yhl3.jpg

Batman Detective Comics

Everyone thinks Tim Drake is dead, right before he supposedly died he was captured and inprisioned by Ozymandias several issues ago.

Well at the end of the latest issue Tim Drake Breaks out of the cell only to transported right back into the cell.

2ngg4jq.jpg

xm973d.jpg

n6rrlx.jpg
  • HundredEyes
    Options
    Suicide Squad vs JL is also hinting at some manipulation, time missing etc. First 2 issues are cool...? waller though, hope they get her

And batman beyond is fiya aswell, epic cliffhanger.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Has anybody been reading the Hawkman Mini Series? Art looks really dope and the character is interesting to me. I dont know much about him though. I followed his New 52 series up until issue 8 but it wasnt all that.

Started reading Red Hood and the Outlaws. Red Hood, Artemis, and Bizarro lol. Such an odd team but i really enjoy that book so far. Only up to issue 4 though, gotta go get the rest on payday next week.

I like how they referenced the old origin for the other bizarro then named this bizarro after him.
  • HundredEyes
    Options
    I read detective comics and yall are right, ? is fiya, read the batmen arc....batwoman still wack af though lol...red robin the goat...orphan is cool...
    lmao at batman callin the president on pops Kane
  • HundredEyes
    Options
    Barely noticed it but sans the beginning of the batman solo books, we havent seen Gordon...

What are some changes yall like/dislike from the rebirth sagas so far? I like that Bats is the same bro from Zero year but he might aswell lose the secret id cause everybody and their madres know who the batman is lol smh....except slade haha...
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Barely noticed it but sans the beginning of the batman solo books, we havent seen Gordon...

What are some changes yall like/dislike from the rebirth sagas so far? I like that Bats is the same bro from Zero year but he might aswell lose the secret id cause everybody and their madres know who the batman is lol smh....except slade haha...

Lol wow i didnt notice gordons absence.

I dont like the whole New 52 Supes, Pre New 52 Supes, and Brand New Clark situation they got going. Its a bit confusing but i dont have the most recent 4 issues yet so I dunno if they revealed wtf is going on with that or not. I really cant think of anything i dont like at the moment. If there is anything, its so minor that i dont really care. Rebirth has been a great experience for me so far on almost every book i follow.
  • HundredEyes
    Options
    Yo justice league v suicide squad is fiya man, dont sleep! Got Lobo going all in lol
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Ugh i just went to the shop this last weekend, dropped 70 bucks on some books. I have up to issue 9 of the original bi weekly releases, the only one i am caught up on is Aquaman, I purchased the most recent 2 issues of everything i follow, but it looks like the shop didnt pull any of my books this month even though they were supposed to lol. Bummed out im missing SS vs JL. I will catch up through Comicstorian though.

Excited af for Batman and flash
  • HundredEyes
    Options
    Mannnnnnnnn

Batman right now

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

Hope yall aint missing out!
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Mannnnnnnnn

Batman right now

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

Hope yall aint missing out!

Picking up my missing issues after work!
  • nujerz84
    Options
    Deathstroke and Titans two best titles out

2nc2yb4.jpg

Deathstroke to Crossover with Titans, Teen Titans in May Event

Tim Adams

Deathstroke to Crossover with Titans, Teen Titans in May Event

A new DC Comics crossover called “The Lazarus Contract” will see “Deathstroke,” “Teen Titans,” and “Titans” investigate one of the lingering questions spinning out of DC Rebirth: Slade Wilson’s connection to the former Teen Titans.

The four-part event will focus on Deathstroke attempting to resurrect his son Grant, the original Ravager, by hunting Titan member Wally West.

With Wally’s connection to the pre-New 52 DC Universe there is potential for larger secrets surrounding his return to be answered. “The Lazarus Contract” will be written by Dan Abnett, Benjamin Percy, and Christopher Priest, with art by Brett Booth, Khoi Pham, Carlo Pagulayan, and Paul Pelletier.

The event’s name is a callback to the classic “Judas Contract” storyline from Marv Wolfman and George Perez. Unfolding in “Tales of the Teen Titans” #42-44 and the Annual #3, “The Judas Contract” brought together long-brewing threads involving Deathstroke’s contract to deliver the Titans to the villainous organization H.I.V.E., and the betrayal of the team by new member Terra, who was working with the mercenary from the very beginning. The arc also marked the debut of ? Grayson as Nightwing.

The word “Lazarus” is also tied to Batman villain Ra’s al Ghul, which raises the question of whether the event involves Deathstroke in search of a Lazarus Pit in order to bring Grant back to life.

Below are the covers and solicitation text for “Titans” #11, “Teen Titans” #8, “Deathstroke” #19, and “Teen Titans Annual: The Lazarus Contract” #1, along with combined cover art.

• nujerz84
    Options
    Batman and Flash will also crossover

n5scv5.jpg

DC has revealed that the Batman and The Flash ongoing series are launching a four-part crossover storyline in April called “The Button.” According to DC’s description, “the two greatest detectives in the DC Universe unite to unravel the mystery behind a certain blood stained smiley face button stuck in the Batcave wall. However, what begins as a simple investigation soon turns deadly when the secrets of the button prove irresistible to an unwelcome third party, and it’s not who anyone suspects. This is a mystery woven throughout time, and the countdown starts here!”

There’s something everyone should consider about the button: neither Batman nor the Flash have any idea what it’s real significance is. The Comedian’s logo looks just like a smiley face to them, and they’re more interested in figuring out how it came to be in the Batcave. Since Doctor Manhattan has apparently been responsible for the changes in their history, he’s got to be considered the main suspect. However, it seems just as equally possible that the button was left by someone else who meant for Batman to find it. The question now is who would do that and why? Perhaps Doctor Manhattan isn’t the only ? -like being playing games with the lives of the DC heroes.

“The Button” will run through Batman #21 & #22 and The Flash #21 & #22. Tom King and artist Jason Fabok will handle the Batman issues, while Joshua Williamson and artist Howard Porter will be the creative team on The Flash‘s contribution to the crossover. Each issue of the crossover will also have “special lenticular covers.”
  • HundredEyes
    Options
    Superman crossing over with action comics now...I have a son myself and Im not saying I got emotional but damn, that was some heartbreaking ? . Latest Batman issue was also kinda sad, bruce and bane's backstories..

Deathstroke a bastard though lmao, cliffhanger will have you disgusted....

This whole erasing time ? is a bit weird - ? might get or already is to incoherent - but Im hyped as hell for the watchmen to enter the fray....

• Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gonna have to just cop trades going forward. Double ship is too overwhelming for me. Especially with the non-DC ? I buy being factored in.
  • HundredEyes
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    Gonna have to just cop trades going forward. Double ship is too overwhelming for me. Especially with the non-DC ? I buy being factored in.

Any non DC ? you can recommend?

Saw this the other day:
    igx8jirdq0du.jpeg

And this lol:
    lyow6fpeu8m3.jpeg

Basically my youth in a book, havent checked it out yet though
  • HundredEyes
    Options
    For you game nerds out there, both Deus ex n Dark souls actually have comics out there aswell
  • Broddie
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »

Any non DC ? you can recommend?

Saw this the other day:
    igx8jirdq0du.jpeg

And this lol:
    lyow6fpeu8m3.jpeg

Basically my youth in a book, havent checked it out yet though

I mean that stuff is still DC even though it's outside the DCU though Wildstorm was part of the old multiverse. I do buy the Hanna-Barbera stuff as floppies (Future Quest and The Flinstones) but I'm just gonna trade wait the Rebirth stuff.

I meant stuff like IDW, Image and Archie books. I buy TMNT, BTTF, Saga and the Archie relaunch book by Mark Waid. Those are good if you care for any of those properties or in Saga's case just good sci-fi. Judge Dredd and Ghostbusters International too.
  • Broddie
    Options
    This Superman Reborn arc is dope.
  • HundredEyes
    Options
    9sgn8maz66uk.jpeg

tj95jf9rjfbt.jpeg

That 'all yours gentleman...and dont worry about reading them their rights' ? with the salute cracked me the ? up lol