DC: Rebirth

Options

Comments

• Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Amazing send off to the Flashpoint Batman.
  • HundredEyes
    HundredEyes Members Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wanted him to join but yeah...

The button conludes tomorrow...

Hypuuuuuuuu
  • Broddie
    Options
    Never knew how much I wanted a "Lois Lane uses the batmobile to kick ass" sequence until I read it.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I caught up on Detective Comics because I like the League of Shadows, but I see Batman has this army of underlings and I don't see their purpose.

Maybe its me but I hate this whole "Batfam" ? , it comes across as DC just too lazy to make fresh characters that aren't tied into Batman or superman.

Its like half of Gotham got a bat symbol on their chest now.
  • Broddie
    Options
    Batfamily been around since the golden age. If you don't like that aspect then you probably shouldn't read Batman comics.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    I caught up on Detective Comics because I like the League of Shadows, but I see Batman has this army of underlings and I don't see their purpose.

Maybe its me but I hate this whole "Batfam" ? , it comes across as DC just too lazy to make fresh characters that aren't tied into Batman or superman.

Its like half of Gotham got a bat symbol on their chest now.

Other than the two Brothers in the Bat Family Luke Fox/Batwing and Duke Thomas

Everyone else been part of Bat Family for decades, its pretty common knowledge.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I didn't say anyone was new. Seeing all those people in the same book just made ? look dumb to me.
  • nujerz84
    Options
  • nujerz84
    edited May 2017
    Options
    DC Sets 'Wonder Woman Day' Celebration for June 3

10p526c.jpg

The first weekend in June will belong to Wonder Woman.

Not only does the iconic superhero have her own Warner Bros. movie opening June 2, but DC Entertainment has declared the following day "Wonder Woman Day," with more than 2,000 comic book stores, bookstores and libraries participating in a celebration of the beloved character. DC will partner with outlets including Barnes & Noble, Books-A-Million, Walmart, Costco and Amazon for exclusive in-store and digital promotions, while Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and Warner Bros. Consumer Products will also push the event.

Comic book creators who have worked on the character, including Greg Rucka, Cliff Chiang, Marc Andreyko, Shea Fontana and Cat Staggs, will be participating in special Wonder Woman Day events to talk about their love for Diana, with details to be announced soon.

To mark Wonder Woman Day, DC will release two special issues to be given away free by partners — a reprint of the first issue of the current Wonder Woman series by Rucka and Liam Sharp, and DC Super Hero Girls Wonder Woman Day Special Edition, featuring an excerpt of the upcoming third book in Fontana and Yancey Labat's series of young reader graphic novels. Additionally, a Wonder Woman Day Activity Kit, including coloring pages and games, will be released digitally for download.

Ahead of June 3, DC's online DC All Access series will launch a weeklong Wonder Woman Week of programming on May 29, highlighting the character's history with interviews with comic book and movie talent. A sale of digital comics centering around the character will also begin on May 30.

Wonder Woman Day concludes DC's yearlong celebration of the 75th anniversary of Wonder Woman's first appearance. The hero debuted in 1941's All-Star Comics No. 8. In addition to the release of her first solo movie, June 2017 also marks the 75th anniversary of the first solo Wonder Woman comic book.

• Broddie
    Options
    My boy Manchester Black finally returns.
  • HundredEyes
    Options
    Suicide squad is kinda cool now...general Zod is gangsta but why did they have to write him like an idiot constantly babbling in 3rd person?
  • nujerz84
    Options
    Daimen Wayne is a bastard.
  • Broddie
    Options
    Aye what came out this week besides Superman?
  • nujerz84
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    Aye what came out this week besides Superman?

Teen Titans Annual conclusion of Lazarus Contract Daimen Wayne deserves to die again for good.
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    Daimen Wayne is a bastard.

He needs to be put down again smh
  • Broddie
    Options
    What'd he do? I don't read this volume of Teen Titans.
  • nujerz84
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Deathstroke was able to take the Speedforce from both Wally West's. He took all of it from black wally. He used that as way to enter the Time Stream to stop his son Grant Wilson from dying as result of Hive when he fought the Teen Titans.

Wally and rest of the team met up with the young versions of the teen titans who fought Grant Wilson.

Damien Wayne did some sort of punch to younger White Wally West heart to disrupt Deathstroke connection to the Source of the Speedforce, leaving him dead for few seconds breaking his link to the Flash.

What it did was prevent Deathstroke from Saving Grant as he was taken out of the time stream he was so ? he said "I quit Deathstroke is finished" and it left the older Wally West with dehabilitating heart condition requiring a Pacemaker he never had before and he could die continuing being a speedster.

Damien Wayne also fired and kicked out the Black Wally West from the Teen Titans because he was captured and allowed Deathstroke to take his powers.

In closing Damien Wayne is an ? .

• nujerz84
    Options
  • HundredEyes
    Options
    Deathstroke was able to take the Speedforce from both Wally West's. He took all of it from black wally. He used that as way to enter the Time Stream to stop his son Grant Wilson from dying as result of Hive when he fought the Teen Titans.

Wally and rest of the team met up with the young versions of the teen titans who fought Grant Wilson.

Damien Wayne did some sort of punch to younger White Wally West heart to disrupt Deathstroke connection to the Source of the Speedforce, leaving him dead for few seconds breaking his link to the Flash.

What it did was prevent Deathstroke from Saving Grant as he was taken out of the time stream he was so ? he said "I quit Deathstroke is finished" and it left the older Wally West with dehabilitating heart condition requiring a Pacemaker he never had before and he could die continuing being a speedster.

Damien Wayne also fired and kicked out the Black Wally West from the Teen Titans because he was captured and allowed Deathstroke to take his powers.

Yeah plus, in Batman Beyond
    Damian is the new Ra

Which is kinda cool though
  • Broddie
    Options

Sorry but I laughed. Damian's coldness is why I like him. He takes his father's paranoid vigilance to another level lol.
  • Broddie
    Options
    Last issue of DKIII was great. Complete ether to the "Frank Miller hates Superman" crowd.
  • HundredEyes
    Options
    Yeah that was a beautiful ending man. Eventhough Im personally bonded with Bats - I know that sounds weak - my core is bonded with supes character n what he stands for. A true role model, positive energy regardless of the circumstances, something I will try to pass down to my son.
  • HundredEyes
    Options
    I wasn't looking forward to read about the joker cause I thought I was tired of his ? but they've re introduced him quite intriguingly, war of jokes n riddles seems promising.

Even though bats looks like ? now lol
  • nujerz84
    edited July 2017
    Options
    The Next Big DC Comic Event Dark Knight Metal

2m6qvwn.jpg
  • Broddie
    Options
    Will skip. I heard it ties to the hawks which is cool but I read enough Batman centric ? as it is. Will check out which ever Hawkman book spins out of it by the end.