DC: Rebirth

Options

Comments

• Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Massive spoiler for tomorrows Superman book. Click at your own risk.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/03/20/major-action-comics-976-spoilers-means-dc-universe-rebirth-superman-lois-lane/

Personally I'm cool with what they did. Works much better for me than just straight up new 52. Also we can finally just go back to calling him Superman not Superdad or New 52 Superman.
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So this mean the rest of the characters are going to merge with their "other selves"? Or is it Lois and Superman since they were the only ones that seemed to have both New 52 and pre-52 versions running around? Wonder if it's specific to both the New 52 Lois and Supes dying in that weird energy ? .
  • Broddie
    edited March 2017
    Options
    With Superman and Lois the 10 yrs that were robbed from them manifested as a twin identity (Superdad and wife). He was split into both Superman Red (New 52) and Superman Blue (Superdad) as a nod to a classic Superman story trope that goes all the way back to the 60s and was explored as recently as the late 90s.

That makes him an exception and hasn't been proven to be the case with anybody else.

Anyway the Superman that came out of the merge is like a new character. A lot more familiar than New 52 in a sense but still a new ultimate version of Supes.

So while he certainly has a lot in common with Pre-Flashpoint he also has traces of the New 52 history thoughout his career. When Barry came back from Flashpoint younger 10 years had been robbed then and there.

But in the case of Supes since he is the beacon of hope in DC it seems like Doc Manhattan split him up in order for the collective DCU to never realize this.

Making him think he was an exile from another earthr when technically he was always on his earth and dimension just split in 2. With one half (Superdad) containing most of the memories and the other containing a lot his brashness (New 52).

In order to reconcile with the merge and Superman being one again after his blue half had a son his history has been tweaked because the universe had to make sense of the paradoxes. Like Jon was now born not long after the marriage and everybody knows about him being the son of the Kents instead of being born in thw batcave of the Flashpoint Batman like how it originally was.
  • HundredEyes
    HundredEyes Members Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yo Im late af but I got my hands on some All Star Batman, 3 issues in its the gottdamn truth, could make the goat straightforward/no non sense batman movie from this...

Premises is basically Dent wants Bats to help cure him from his evil ? Two Face predicament, ? can be done at a 'house' 500 miles outside of Gotham...but before they go on their roadtrip together Two Face promises riches to anyone who can stop Bats from delivering him or he will unleash all the dirt he got on everyone....and this ? really has dirt on everyone, yall wont believe that ? lol.

So its Bats v. The world lmao, highly recommend ed man
  • Broddie
    Options
    Nah the best Batman ? out right now in comics is DK III. The twist it took the last couple of issues was ? awesome.
  • HundredEyes
    Options
    Thanks @Broddie , I caught up with DKIII aswell, superb ? ...loved how they did Superman and the references to classic/first Supes with the costume and that 'more powerfull than a locomotive etc' ? .

I love batman and I only came into comics the last fast years but gottdamn, I understand the folk that where complaining about him being oversatured/everywhere lol, including his own books, that bro is all over Superman n JL now lmao. By the end of the latest Supes issue I thought I was reading a Batman book....
  • HundredEyes
    Options
    Batman vs. Bane was awesome though!
  • HundredEyes
    Options
    And this is coming this month:

5l6v9j069czc.jpeg
  • lord nemesis
    Options
    I'm still all Scott Snyder'ed out and I haven't ? with Tom King's run since the "I Am Gotham" arc. I need a new voice on my favorite character. I was liking Detective but that's more of an ensemble book.
  • Broddie
    Options
    And this is coming this month:

5l6v9j069czc.jpeg

I been waiting years for this crossover. Too bad it's written by Scott Snyder :( can't stand his Batman.
  • Broddie
    Options
    I'm still all Scott Snyder'ed out and I haven't ? with Tom King's run since the "I Am Gotham" arc. I need a new voice on my favorite character. I was liking Detective but that's more of an ensemble book.

I don't mind King. It's nowhere near his Grayson work but I'll still give him till this Button arc wraps before I want to see him move on. Still enjoy his actual characterization of Bruce more than Snyder's.
  • HundredEyes
    Options
    Trinity is goat man, lex, ra n circe(dont know her) but hopefully theyll make more issues with the 3 of em, the lex n ra exchanges are cool as ?
  • HundredEyes
    Options
    Latest all star batman with the mad hatter is also well written, mad hatter allmost had me doubting aswell, go check it out
  • HundredEyes
    Options
  • HundredEyes
    Options
    Yoyoyoyoy btw, was that dr. Manhatten in tje latest Action comics?
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options
    IDK how he was able to do it Chuck Dixon was writing nearly All of Batman Solo Titles, Nightwing, Robin, Catwoman, Birds of Prey and Azarel at the same time in mid to late 90's. Crazy writers struggle to make deadlines for one book he was writing all these tittles.
  • Broddie
    Options
    I don't really care about Bane outside of what his creators did with him and Secret Six (pre-Flashpoint). Good to see his creators back.
  • lord nemesis
    Options
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Reading DC's Odyssey of The Amazon (Long Before Wonder Woman) issue 4 I couldn't help but notice the Amazon's from Themyscira are in Valhalla where they not only meet the Valkyries (they find out they are sisters) but also Thor Prince of Asgard and Odin. Looks like Amazons and Valkyries will have to stop.. Ragnarok...

Couldnt help but notice coincedence of the timing. and I wonder if DC wanted could they have a Thor comic of its own... Thor and his hammer had appeared a few times in DC before Marvel's Thor debuted.

• Broddie
    Options
    Thor and Norse Gods are in the public domain. So theoretically they can but he'll be nothing like Marvel's version. Just like Hercules.
  • Broddie
    Options
    Even if they did a book like that I'd rather see them use The Thunderer.
  • HundredEyes
    Options
    First batman part of 'the button' is fiya
  • HundredEyes
    Options
    So any thoughts about the button? We're two issues in, tomorrow they drop part 3...dont wanna spoil anything so only read this ? if u dont give a ? :
    da ? bruce meets his pops flashpoint style? ? will break his heart once he finds out the gun in the cave was used by his own mum lol...little bit dissapointed they went flashpoint cause after what happeneed to reverse flash seeing '? ' and all that ? ...we might finally see dr. Manhatten
  • HundredEyes
    Options
    The Wild Storm is also quite an interesting series btw, first 3 issues (of 24) are out...I also checked out 'The Shadow', was the latest I guess - on readcomiconline - and that was some straight scooby doo ? lmao, only thing the 'villains' forgot to say was 'and I would have gotten away with it, if it wasnt for the shadow and that meddling blond hoe'
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wild Storm is pretty good.
    I read Batman's part pf the button. I haven't seen Flash's part yet.