Hulk vs. Superman

Options

Comments

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    waterproof wrote: »
    That "steps" feat is just stupid. It should be dismissed because it's one of those things that the writer does because it sounds cool, but makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Then you might as well throw out Rune Thors, ? of ? 's Hercules, and every powerhouse feats out also, come on now really? Every character got a max Power set level.

Take this sniffling to Joe Quesada and see what he think, lol....

I'm not saying throw it out because it's a top level feat. I said throw it out because it's a stupid feat. It would be one thing if he was stomping on the planet and threatening to destroy it. That would make sense. However, his steps threatening to destroy the planet makes no sense. Unless, his anger increases his mass exponentially, there is no reason why the act of him walking should be that damaging.

You keep on asking what other character can destroy a planet by walking. Well no other character has been shown to be able to do that because no other writer has written anything dumb like that.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This thread just reminded me of how great Planet Hulk really was.
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • veikuri
    veikuri Members Posts: 371 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Lets use common knowledge information given by comics. Hulk and Superman have similar strength...neither ahead of the other enough to warrant an advantage.

Superman has better speed and reaction. Though Banners calculations give Hulk a great chance at hitting faster guys...(see hit encounters with surfer, Thor, etc)

Superman has more abilities...flight, heat vision, freeze breath give him distance attacks that cause hulk problems. Although thunderclap and hulk smashes can be considered distance attacks, Superman still holds the advantage.

Intelligence Banner has an advantage. He is a top 5 intellectual in marvel. Superman isn't stupid but lacks genius level intellect.

Fighting ability both guys are sluggers..bricks. Even match

Hulk wins: Thor, Loki, Abomination
    Clear superior: Silver Surfer

Supes wins: Cap Marvel, Black Adam, Wonder Woman
    clear superior: Martian Manhunter

This is as even a match as there is lol.

Also Thanos would beat any incarnation of Hulk. And Thanos has begged for his life in fights Galactus before. He isn't on that level

Since when is Hulk above Loki and Thor?
  • veikuri
    Options
    jaxn wrote: »
    veikuri wrote: »
    Someone said strongest versions of supes vs strongest version of hulk.

Its common knowledge that Savage Hulk cannot stand up to Post-Crisis Supes. Hes outclassed in every category. This fight is ONLY fair if Supes holds back.

say whaaaaa?????? Maybe you meant Pre-Crisis Superman.

No, he said normal Superman vs normal Hulk which is usually Post-Crisis Superman vs Savage Hulk. I guess I should start saying New 52.
    I'm contesting your assertion that Post-Crisis Superman outclasses Hulk in every category. Post-Crisis Superman was killed by someone inferior to the Savage Hulk during that period. DoS Doomsday would get his ? pushed in by Savage Hulk. I assumed you meant Pre-Crisis Superman, since that's the only incarnation of Superman, without getting into the alternate versions of Supes, that outclasses Hulk

I'm contesting your knowledge of Superman. I thought it was common knowledge that DoS Doomsday fought a weaker Superman. There is Byrne's run of Superman which is a weaker Superman and there is Post-Crisis Superman which is everything after Byrne's run up to New 52. Obviously we aren't talking about Byrne's much weaker Superman who couldn't even go into outer space without a oxygen mask.
    Again, are you being serious here? There's Pre-Crisis Superman, There's Post-Crisis Superman and there's the nu52 Superman..now which Superman do you think fought DoS Doomsday? It sure as hell wasn't Pre-Crisis Superman. *ALL* Versions of Superman after Pre-Crisis are weaker unless you're getting into alternater versions of Superman..
    Simply replace Galactus with World Breaker Hulk. This discussion is pointless.
    [IMG]https://scontent-a-lga.? .fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/t31.0-8/1048262_651628954850561_418778237_o.jpg[/IMG]

um, Galactus nearly killed Thanos with one blast after this. This was a Thanos with ALL of his shielding up.

Are you implying that Hulk would ? Thanos with all his shields up?

Again, I don't know if you guys are being serious or what, but no. Showing an image of Thanos getting a shot off on Galactus when not giving context to the story isn't a great idea. Thanos isn't anywhere near Galactus' level in power. That entire arc was about how Galactus was effected by the entity Hunger..As soon as he got that shot off, Thanos damn near died from a casual blast from Galactus. He doesn't just show up on Galactus' door trying to fight him. Everything in that arc involved prep. In fact, everytime Thanons fights guys above his weight class it involves some form of prep. He has plenty of showings against guys on Hulk's level and greater, who he casually dismisses.
    Go read that story again please. Galactus only broke Thanos's shields, nothing more. He was fine for the rest of the story and even teleported Galactus away when they teamed up. How on earth did he die by a casual blast from Galactus when GALACTUS himself said he never had to exert himself just to break a shield. Thanos did nothing prep-worthy, just stop.

He only broke his shields? The ? ? Thanos was out of the fight at that point. Done. A wrap. Thanos had absolutely no chance of doing anything to Galactus. Galactus casually went through Thanos' defenses..The ? you think he had shields up in the first place if prep wasn't involved..Thanos was getting his ? pushed in by Tyrant and yet, you're somehow implying he stands a chances against Galactus? That entire arc involved prep on Thanos' part because Thanos knew Galactus was being influenced by Hunger...you are the one who needs to stop with this nonsense..
    Read the stories, not just respect threads. You're starting to sound like waterproof

hahaha ok..If you actually read the stories then you know everything you're saying is pure nonsense, but continue on.

What exactly is your argument? Are youjust talking to talk?
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That "steps" feat is just stupid. It should be dismissed because it's one of those things that the writer does because it sounds cool, but makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Then you might as well throw out Rune Thors, ? of ? 's Hercules, and every powerhouse feats out also, come on now really? Every character got a max Power set level.

I'm not saying throw it out because it's a top level feat. I said throw it out because it's a stupid feat. It would be one thing if he was stomping on the planet and threatening to destroy it. That would make sense. However, his steps threatening to destroy the planet makes no sense. Unless, his anger increases his mass exponentially, there is no reason why the act of him walking should be that damaging.

You keep on asking what other character can destroy a planet by walking. Well no other character has been shown to be able to do that because no other writer has written anything dumb like that.

Blame Greg Pak huh? First of all you should know nothing get pass Joe Quesada desk when it comes to Marvel big events, he gives the ok.

Yes Hulk in World Breaker mode can't take multiple steps with out cracking the planet in half. He's a world breaker, that's what he does and Marvel don't have a problem with it because HULK is the strongest there is. There's no stronger character in marvel than the hulk. Marvel celebrates that. Just a few years ago marvel celebrate that hulk is the strongest there is by releasing a DVD of his feats.

If marvel had a problem with HULK power as the world breaker they would never mentioned his name again or buried the world breaker never to be used again. But if you read the Avengers Tony asked Bruce Banner which Bruce he's talking to, meaning if the Bruce who's one with the world breaker is the person who's he's talking to and at the end he told Bruce your the World Breaker.

Marvel have no problem so why everybody is losing their minds
  • evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Veikuri I was noting some of his wins. @broddie you are actually right!
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cain wrote: »
    Broddie wrote: »
    This thread just reminded me of how great Planet Hulk really was.

It was............WWH was just ok MO had some good spots but for the most part it was subpar compared to Planet Hulk

World War Hulk was a huge disappointment. It was a big reason why I stopped reading Marvel comics.
  • veikuri
    Options

Thor generally holds back quite a lot when he fights Hulk.

• waterproof
    Options

That's because there's nothing he can do, Thor even said he can't even ? or beat Hulk in Thor #365
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    Thor does hold back. Just naming some hulk victories. Nothing more. Thor>>>>>>Hulk
  • veikuri
    Options

That's because there's nothing he can do, Thor even said he can't even ? or beat Hulk in Thor #365
    Thor has said on numerous occasions he will not use his full strength on a mortal and made an oath he will not ? one. I assume Sentry is a special case in that oath seeing as I dont think Void is a mortal and what he did to Asgard.

Thor also does not generally use the Odin Force when going up against Hulk. When he does he had a flash back about how he almost killed Hulk in one hit, using his full strength because he didn't pull his punch back enough.

You'll also notice that Thor doesnt take Hulk seriously seeing as how how would put his Hammer down and go H2H with Hulk or contest him in a strength contest with he deadlocked a character who is supposed to get stronger the angrier he is.

Add that all together and that ? on your random comic issue #616x6.
  • waterproof
    Options
    veikucri wrote: »

Thor has said on numerous occasions he will not use his full strength on a mortal and made an oath he will not ? one. I assume Sentry is a special case in that oath seeing as I dont think Void is a mortal and what he did to Asgard.

Thor also does not generally use the Odin Force when going up against Hulk. When he does he had a flash back about how he almost killed Hulk in one hit, using his full strength because he didn't pull his punch back enough.

You'll also notice that Thor doesnt take Hulk seriously seeing as how how would put his Hammer down and go H2H with Hulk or contest him in a strength contest with he deadlocked a character who is supposed to get stronger the angrier he is.

All that typing for nothing The ? of Thunder said in his own comic book in Thor #365 that he can't defeat the Hulk.

The ? is Cannon, get over it ? . Don't get mad with me take it up with your thunder ? .
  • veikuri
    Options

You go to sleep with that issue at night? :-)
    All that typing for nothing The ? of Thunder said in his own comic book in Thor #365 that he can't defeat the Hulk.

The ? is Cannon, get over it ? . Don't get mad with me take it up with your thunder ? .

• veikuri
    Options

Do you go to sleep with that issue at night? :-)

• DarkRaiden
    DarkRaiden Members Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Lets use common knowledge information given by comics. Hulk and Superman have similar strength...neither ahead of the other enough to warrant an advantage.

Superman has better speed and reaction. Though Banners calculations give Hulk a great chance at hitting faster guys...(see hit encounters with surfer, Thor, etc)

Superman has more abilities...flight, heat vision, freeze breath give him distance attacks that cause hulk problems. Although thunderclap and hulk smashes can be considered distance attacks, Superman still holds the advantage.

Intelligence Banner has an advantage. He is a top 5 intellectual in marvel. Superman isn't stupid but lacks genius level intellect.

Also Thanos would beat any incarnation of Hulk. And Thanos has begged for his life in fights Galactus before. He isn't on that level

Hahahaha no. Loki and Thor stomp Hulk. Black adam and Marvel can easily beat Supes at any time, as can Wonder Woman (she also has).

....? . Right after Thor said that he literally oneshotted a stronger/amped Hulk aka Nul.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Blame Greg Pak huh? First of all you should know nothing get pass Joe Quesada desk when it comes to Marvel big events, he gives the ok.

Yes Hulk in World Breaker mode can't take multiple steps with out cracking the planet in half. He's a world breaker, that's what he does and Marvel don't have a problem with it because HULK is the strongest there is. There's no stronger character in marvel than the hulk. Marvel celebrates that. Just a few years ago marvel celebrate that hulk is the strongest there is by releasing a DVD of his feats.

If marvel had a problem with HULK power as the world breaker they would never mentioned his name again or buried the world breaker never to be used again. But if you read the Avengers Tony asked Bruce Banner which Bruce he's talking to, meaning if the Bruce who's one with the world breaker is the person who's he's talking to and at the end he told Bruce your the World Breaker.

I don't think you understand my point. I have no problem with them giving Hulk top tier power. The point is, you keep on asking who else is powerful enough to ? the planet with his steps. I'm saying that's a dumb question to ask because the feat itself is stupid. It doesn't matter how long you are, unless you're stomping with the intent to cause damage, simply taking steps will not damage the planet. It's a silly feat, so using it to say how Hulk would compare against other powerful characters is pointless.

• waterproof
    Options

I don't think you understand my point. I have no problem with them giving Hulk top tier power. The point is, you keep on asking who else is powerful enough to ? the planet with his steps. I'm saying that's a dumb question to ask because the feat itself is stupid. It doesn't matter how long you are, unless you're stomping with the intent to cause damage, simply taking steps will not damage the planet. It's a silly feat, so using it to say how Hulk would compare against other powerful characters is pointless.

I respect your opinion, you are civil with your rebuttal
  • waterproof
    Options
    DarkRaiden wrote: »

Hahahaha no. Loki and Thor stomp Hulk. Black adam and Marvel can easily beat Supes at any time, as can Wonder Woman (she also has).

....? . Right after Thor said that he literally oneshotted a stronger/amped Hulk aka Nul.

And that might be true but tell me what the ? it got to do with Thor sayin he can't be the Hulk.

I mean Damn it's straight from his mouth that's the ? I'm talking about. Now y'all trying to change things that is Canon.

If Thor says He can't beat the Hulk than why can't y'all except it, oh I know it's the writer fault right?

Get over it, Thor said he can't beat the Hulk there's nothing further to discuss
  • veikuri
    Options

And that might be true but tell me what the ? it got to do with Thor sayin he can't be the Hulk.

I mean Damn it's straight from his mouth that's the ? I'm talking about. Now y'all trying to change things that is Canon.

If Thor says He can't beat the Hulk than why can't y'all except it, oh I know it's the writer fault right?

Get over it, Thor said he can't beat the Hulk there's nothing further to discuss

Because he contradicted himself in the next page and one-shot Hulk. That's why.
  • Alkinduz
    Alkinduz Members Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ok....Starbrand(or whatevr his name is)>>>>> savage hulk.

*puts feet on the table n waits for waterproof
  • Alkinduz
    Options
    Anyway, I think Supes wins if he takes it to Space.
  • Alkinduz
    Options
    But lets keep it real though : Batman would prep the ? outta both of em.

at the sametime.

on darkseid's homeplanet.

with no kryptonite.

just a cup of java arabica coffee from the exelso and a good discussion.
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    @darkraiden I was only naming people abovebthembthst they have beaten bro
  • waterproof
    Options

Because he contradicted himself in the next page and one-shot Hulk. That's why.

JUST stop it already, so what he one shot hulk, everybody in comics got hit with some powerful blows.

DId the shot killed hulk?, Did hulk gave up?

So how's that contradict what he said. Just except the facts that Thor said he can't be hulk.

To be more precise he said something of sorts as a worn down, tired, spirit broken ? .

Hulk I know that I cannot defeat you. It's Canon out of Thor mouth and Thor can accept it why can't y'all