Comments

• IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kanye did about 5 tracks on MNIMN. Dre did about 0 tracks on GKMC
  • Kellmill
    Kellmill Members, Writer Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dre didn't produce anything on GKMC, not even Compton or The Recipe. The "executive producer" title often times doesn't mean ? just like on a movie set. But anyways I don't think people really associate Kendrick with Dre all that much just as they don't associate Cole with Jay like that
  • xxCivicxx
    xxCivicxx Members Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That's not what "exec-produced" means. He mostly likely chose the album tracks as well as their order. He also most likely helped Kendrick pick beats(meaning he probably got beats for Kendrick that Kendrick couldn't afford).

How do you not know what an executive producer does? I thought this was a music discussion forum lol
  • Kellmill
    Options
    xxCivicxx wrote: »

That's not what "exec-produced" means. He mostly likely chose the album tracks as well as their order. He also most likely helped Kendrick pick beats(meaning he probably got beats for Kendrick that Kendrick couldn't afford).

How do you not know what an executive producer does? I thought this was a music discussion forum lol

Bro if you really believe that I got a Detox cd I'll sell you for 1,000 dollars. They put his name on there as a marketing tool.
  • xxCivicxx
    Options
    I believe that cuz it's the truth. Section 80 and OD sound absolutely nothing AT ALL like GKMC. Use your brain lol. Dre has proven himself to be a musical genius across multiple era's of hip hop. Of course he spearheaded Kendrick's Interscope freshman release
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    is kendrick considered aftermath too?
  • Kellmill
    Options
    I believe that cuz it's the truth. Section 80 and OD sound absolutely nothing AT ALL like GKMC. Use your brain lol. Dre has proven himself to be a musical genius across multiple era's of hip hop. Of course he spearheaded Kendrick's Interscope freshman release

“I couldn't tell you what type of sound or where I’ma be in the next five years as far as music,” he said. “It’s a big difference from the next project compared to the last. And that’s what happened with this album. Going back to the neighborhood and going to different spots, chilling with my homeboys, put me back in that same space where we used to be, bringing back them thoughts, reminiscing how I was feeling. I got myself right back in that mode and I got inspired by that. So this album won’t sound like Section.80. Completely nothing like it"
  • Kellmill
    Options
    I love Dre but the fact that you think the "executive producer" title is definitive of certain duties is really naive. Like I said the "exectuive producer" title doesn't always amount to anything and is often times a promotional tool to get hype up for a project. Have you ever seen a commercial for a movie where it says "From the producers of..." and the movie is nothing like the last project? I'm sure he helped out a little but I doubt he was the major guiding force at all. That's the last I'm gonna speak on it tho
  • IceBergTaylor
    Options

?

I'm not talking about Dre being the executive producer.

You compared Dre's role on GKMC to Ye's role on MNIMN and I'm pointing out it wasnt remotely the same because Ye was more involved.

How do you not know that? I thought this was a music discussion forum lol
  • xxCivicxx
    Options
    Kellmill wrote: »
    I love Dre but the fact that you think the "executive producer" title is definitive of certain duties is really naive. Like I said the "exectuive producer" title doesn't always amount to anything and is often times a promotional tool to get hype up for a project. Have you ever seen a commercial for a movie where it says "From the producers of..." and the movie is nothing like the last project? I'm sure he helped out a little but I doubt he was the major guiding force at all. That's the last I'm gonna speak on it tho

Ya'll truly are delusional about Kendrick wow

?

I'm not talking about Dre being the executive producer.

You compared Dre's role on GKMC to Ye's role on MNIMN and I'm pointing out it wasnt remotely the same because Ye was more involved.

How do you not know that? I thought this was a music discussion forum lol

And you completely wasted your energy typing that because it doesn't prove me wrong at all. Dre exec produced GKMC. Fact. Kanye exec produced MNIMN. Fact. That's all I said and it's the truth. Nothing else you said really means anything, all that extra stuff about Kanye was unnecessary
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like Cole that's my dude ...but bottom line is as a rapper he is not on the same level as Kendrick ...not from a technical standpoint at all .... I think they are similar in regards to being able to deliver impactful content and having a certain level of conciousness to the music ..and that's why you have threads like this.....but comparatively speaking Cole just has not been able to deliver an album on Par with Sec.80 or GKMC ...that's just what it boils down to ...so there's no way that I can put him in front of Kendrick when #1 he's not as good from a technical standpoint in regards to spittin and #2 His albums haven't been as good as Kendrick's
  • xxCivicxx
    Options
    I like Cole that's my dude ...but bottom line is as a rapper he is not on the same level as Kendrick ...not from a technical standpoint at all .... I think they are similar in regards to being able to deliver impactful content and having a certain level of conciousness to the music ..and that's why you have threads like this.....but comparatively speaking Cole just has not been able to deliver an album on Par with Sec.80 or GKMC ...that's just what it boils down to ...so there's no way that I can put him in front of Kendrick when #1 he's not as good from a technical standpoint in regards to spittin and #2 His albums haven't been as good as Kendrick's

Ok then since you feel kendrick is the better technical rapper(lol @that) then u should be able to help me out by breaking down his control verse for me

Explain it like you're talking to a 5th grader
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol @ dr dre being the reason why gkmc is dope. Despite the fact that Kendrick released two other projects that were just as good
  • IceBergTaylor
    Options
    Y'all ? continue to overrate Kendrick
  • xxCivicxx
    Options
    Lol @ dr dre being the reason why gkmc is dope. Despite the fact that Kendrick released two other projects that were just as good

Lol no neither mixtape is as good as GKMC and neither one really comes close tbh. And I have all 3.

How many people have Dre put on? The number is double digits at the very least. Dre has exec produced tons of critically acclaimed albums

If he really contributed nothing then why do people keep asking him to exec produce their albums?
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tf is a technical rapper ?

? be reacccccchhhhhhing
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

• nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Ok then since you feel kendrick is the better technical rapper(lol @that) then u should be able to help me out by breaking down his control verse for me

Lol
  • onthafly
    onthafly Members Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GetoBoy wrote: »
    I kinda see what sion means. Cole reminds me exactly where jay was before vol. 2 dropped. Has some respect and is considered great by fans and artist alike, but just a huge hit away from becoming J COLE if u know what i mean. JAY Z became JAY Z after hard knock life (song) and vol. 2 dropped. Just like T.I. became T.I. after bring em out blew up. Hell u can even use Ross as an example. Ross had hits and successful albums before Teflon Don (similar to Cole), but he really became who he is today after he dropped bmf. Coles gonna get there watch. This 3rd album is gonna be his breakthrough album.

See that's where we differ I guess cuz I don't believe bring em out or bmf are huge hits.. Or at least any huger then what j cole has already done they just had the momentum of their prior albums and singles behind them but whether you say forced or not can you say bmf and bring em out was bigger then work out or power trip??? I mean power trip went 2x plat so that in itself proves that he doesn't need a big hit he just needs to continue building that momentum that the others built and put together a big album that can match his big hits

You crazy if you don't think bring em out was a huge hit. Maybe it's regional differences or something but down here in FL that ? was big. Urban legend as a whole blew T.I. up. Get loose, you don't know me, ASAP, motivation and bring em out.
  • ericb4prez
    ericb4prez Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this ? funny so dre gets credit for snoop's debut but not kendricks lmao
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options

Lol.... You a big fan of that verse?
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    Tf is a technical rapper ?

? be reacccccchhhhhhing

Rap fans out here losing ...lol
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options

Name a rapper over the past 3 years who have put out 3 better projects than OD,Sec.80,GKMC

.........ill Wait
  • ericb4prez
    ericb4prez Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Name a rapper over the past 3 years who have put out 3 better projects than OD,Sec.80,GKMC

.........ill Wait

what does that have to do with overrating him
  • xxCivicxx
    Options

This is me stalling instead of answering the question just like everyone else