So the baby daddy decided to pop up..

Options

Comments

• mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What does your man say about it?

Might be a long shot but if you plan on doing the screening process thing maybe both of yall could meet him together to feel him out...show him that he's not necessarily needed as far as providing for your daughter goes. So if he plans on sticking around it'll strictly be because he really cares about building and maintaining a relationship. But if not....? wasn't there anyway so he won't be missed. There will be a void naturally but yall know what I mean...

I never understood why this doesn't happen in every single relationship when one person comes in with a kid. But I guess it's different when the other parent is MIA and clearly don't really care much about his seed.
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kat wrote: »
    mryounggun wrote: »
    ? might be hard to hear, since the ? up and bounced on you...but that's ain't YOUR daughter. That's Y'ALL daughter. Point blank.

Interpret that how you will.

Oh really? Was it OUR daughter when she needed diapers and formula? Is it OUR daughter when she needs new clothes? Is it OUR daughter when it's time for daddy daughter dates at the park or when she needs help with her math homework? Has it been OUR daughter for nearly seven years now?

Nah man...don't get me started.

If we're going by daddy duty, that's more my bf's child than his...and that's just the honest truth.

You gotta leave all that in the past. She got a whole life ahead of her where he could end up doing a lot more than diapers and all that other stuff.

That's that grudge ? . He probably has a whole lot to say about you when you were pregnant with her too.

Truth is - Who's standing in the way now ?
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Now that I think about it, if he really wanted in that girl's life he'd of picked Panera Bread. Panera Bread >>> Subway
    chipotle>>>>>

• Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @7

Don't take this thread so personally.

You may be able to relate to some of it, but I'm sure there are also plenty of differences as well.
  • mryounggun
    Options
    ? might be hard to hear, since the ? up and bounced on you...but that's ain't YOUR daughter. That's Y'ALL daughter. Point blank.

Oh really? Was it OUR daughter when she needed diapers and formula? Is it OUR daughter when she needs new clothes? Is it OUR daughter when it's time for daddy daughter dates at the park or when she needs help with her math homework? Has it been OUR daughter for nearly seven years now?

If we're going by daddy duty, that's more my bf's child than his...and that's just the honest truth.

I'm not arguing with any of that. I get it. But you sound mad bitter, ya know? Do you have the right to be, if you are? Definitely. But you gotta put that ? aside. If that ? wants to act right finally, you gon' stand in the way of that? Even if he don't want to act right and just wants to pop up and will disappear for a year or two before she sees him again...that's her daddy. Maybe not her Father or her parent, but that's still her daddy. You don't want to do some ? ? just because he did some ? ? .

Do you really want to be the person who stands in the way of your daughter having interactions with her father? If your man is as engrained in her life as you say, then this won't affect their relationship at all. And hopefully it don't make him feel any sort of way.
  • Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm sure buddy didn't even know Kat was his baby momma tho

? thought she was an ole cut buddy til said she said 'our daugther'
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DWO wrote: »
    Now that I think about it, if he really wanted in that girl's life he'd of picked Panera Bread. Panera Bread >>> Subway
    chipotle>>>>>

True, but in the sub world, Firehouse Sub > Panera Bread >>>>> Subway
  • shit happens
    shit happens Members Posts: 10,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • mryounggun
    Options
    I sat down with my ex's boyfriend probably 3 weeks ago for the first time and hashed some ? out. ? was cool.
  • ReppinTime
    ReppinTime Members Posts: 4,760 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If he want to meet his flesh and blood for the first time standing under a 5 dollar footlong sign, i don't think you need to worry about him getting joint custody
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    7figz wrote: »

You gotta leave all that in the past. She got a whole life ahead of her where he could end up doing a lot more than diapers and all that other stuff.

That's that grudge ? . He probably has a whole lot to say about you when you were pregnant with her too.
    Truth is - Who's standing in the way now ?

No he really couldn't..I've never even filed child support on the man.

I don't hold any grudges against him, I own my role in the situation and I owned it when I made the choice to have her.

I've even used the fact that he had no real example of a father to excuse some of it.

At this point it's all about her. I'm scared she's going to be hurt and confused and for what?

• Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? showed up with a subway $5 gift card.....

? around and ask if she brought money for taxes n ?
  • mryounggun
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Kat don't sound "bitter" at all this time... that child don't need a relationship with a deadbeat ass loser type dude.

That kid doesn't NEED a relationship with that deadbeat ass loser. But if the opportunity presents itself for a daughter to know her father, even if it's a remote opportunity or even if it's to get to know him on the most basic, surface level...you gotta let that happen.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kat don't sound "bitter" at all this time... that child don't need a relationship with a deadbeat ass loser type dude.

She doesn't sound bitter all the time. Far from it. And that kid doesn't NEED a relationship with that deadbeat ass loser. But if the opportunity presents itself for a daughter to know her father, even if it's a remote opportunity or even if it's to get to know him on the most basic, surface level...you gotta let that happen.

For what? Why waste the time on a couple hours for him to disappear again for a few years?

Not worth the energy.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Es-Bee wrote: »
    dead beat dudes are the worst type of human. ? that "his" daughter ? . thats sucka ? . how u show up after how many years empty handed? stopitfive

lol how you advocate for prison inmates but ? on dead beat dads, ? you just fight to fight on here I see

what the ? is u talking about? u ? have the cognitive skills of mayonnaise.
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    stop being a punk and talk to him MFer
  • LPast
    LPast Members Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That's why a screening process is necessary. She need to meet up with him a few more times to make sure he had good intentions.

IMO Kat is taking it easy on him with the no child support take. All he had to do is spend time with her, and he is not even doing that.

Sounds like Kat kept the for open and he doesn't use it. At the end of the day he had himself to blame not Kat.
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    kat thread = plat thread
  • shit happens
    shit happens Members Posts: 10,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

blessa heart

yall pray fora

35nuvbJ.gif