So the baby daddy decided to pop up..

Options

Comments

• mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    mryounggun wrote: »
    Kat don't sound "bitter" at all this time... that child don't need a relationship with a deadbeat ass loser type dude.

She doesn't sound bitter all the time. Far from it. And that kid doesn't NEED a relationship with that deadbeat ass loser. But if the opportunity presents itself for a daughter to know her father, even if it's a remote opportunity or even if it's to get to know him on the most basic, surface level...you gotta let that happen.

For what? Why waste the time on a couple hours for him to disappear again for a few years?

Not worth the energy.

Not worth it to Kat? Of course not. But that's not the main person in this, is it? Even if the kid is like, 'I'm cool. Tar is my daddy!', she's 6 years old, B. What the ? she know about life as it relates to this sort of thing? And how you know he ton disappear for another few years? Sure it's likely and I'm not saying he won't. But for all we know, ? coulda had an epiphany and decided he needed to be a constant in her life.

IMO it don't really matter one way or the other, even if he wants to see her for 5 minutes once a year...let him see her.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I hate to see kids toyed with by adults... he shouldn't b allowed to get that child's hopes up...
    she gonna b sitting on the porch waiting for a meatball sub that aint never coming...
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    obnoxiouslyfresh Members Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    ? might be hard to hear, since the ? up and bounced on you...but that's ain't YOUR daughter. That's Y'ALL daughter. Point blank.

Interpret that how you will.
    But he isnt her parent...

wt93ic.jpg

Went full Hallmark. You never go full Hallmark.

@s2j ? you been dying to use this gif
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    if she doesn't know him but knows OF him then she needs to meet him..
    ESPECIALLY if he's making the attempt..
    i grew up not knowing my father but knowing of him and spent most of my childhood trying to figure out who i was...

once i met him i understood who i was..
    why i was the way i was..
    why i did the things i did.. it all came together..

my mom hated it.. and my stepdad respected it..
    my father passed away shortly after and in hindsight even my mother now admits that was the best decision she ever made was allowing me to see my father.. and get to know him..

i know i can't stand u.. but on some real ? .. ? what the boyfriend has to say.. its about ur daughter..
    and if he can't see and respect that and is only thinking about himself.. that aint the type of ? u want around u or her anyway..
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Did someone already say he wants the POO-SAY?
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kat don't sound "bitter" at all this time... that child don't need a relationship with a deadbeat ass loser type dude.

That kid doesn't NEED a relationship with that deadbeat ass loser. But if the opportunity presents itself for a daughter to know her father, even if it's a remote opportunity or even if it's to get to know him on the most basic, surface level...you gotta let that happen.

I don't even disagree with this, just not at the age of six.

• MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    Options
    If there is no court order technically he has no rights

The fact that your daughter is 6 now and he has done nothing should send a big red flag

Meet with him first .... Feel out the situation . Do not bring your daughter until you are comfortable with his intentions

If he truly wants to be a part of your daughters life .... He will man up and do the whole dad thing. Not just when it's convenient for him ......
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? might be hard to hear, since the ? up and bounced on you...but that's ain't YOUR daughter. That's Y'ALL daughter. Point blank.

wt93ic.jpg

You aint neva lied.

giphy.gif
  • Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ReppinTime wrote: »
    Moral of this story is

Dont ever be some broads step daddy. Tartarus bout to be in the corner with a sweet onion teriyaki and a broken heart watching as a family forms without him
    VWJKQr6.gif
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    correct me if I'm wrong, but wasnt Kat the one to mention the kid first?
    Hero-Charles-Ramsey-Dead-Giveaway-Reaction-Gif.gif
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trillfate wrote: »
    kat thread = plat thread
    because we know kat...she's like all of ours best friend....

tar shares that girl......and there's nothing weird about it
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Options
    If we've been followin the kat story correctly, im guessing Tartar is the safe one, and the baby daddy is the thug...Kat may be fearful all this online pent up frustration may come to a head (double entendre) when she meets back up with Laphonse. If i'm wrong, i stand corrected.
  • nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Members Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He Probably Wants To Get You A 6 Inch Before He Gives The 6 Inch nh
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    obnoxiouslyfresh Members Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

wt93ic.jpg

You aint neva lied.

giphy.gif

I aint mad.

& I watched the battle finally this week
    ;))
  • Kat
    Options
    i grew up not knowing my father but knowing of him and spent most of my childhood trying to figure out who i was...

my father passed away shortly after and in hindsight even my mother now admits that was the best decision she ever made was allowing me to see my father.. and get to know him..

i know i can't stand u.. but on some real ? .. ? what the boyfriend has to say.. its about ur daughter..
    and if he can't see and respect that and is only thinking about himself.. that aint the type of ? u want around u or her anyway..

How old were you?

And just for the record, the bf hasn't had anything negative to say about it.

• mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ReppinTime wrote: »
    Moral of this story is

Dont ever be some broads step daddy. Tartarus bout to be in the corner with a sweet onion teriyaki and a broken heart watching as a family forms without him

If he got an issue with this, he a ? ? . Point blank.
  • Kat
    edited April 2014
    Options
    DWO wrote: »
    you can't protect her from everything kat,

and one day she will challenge the way you handled this.....just know no matter what you do, at some point she will question all of it....

so just go with the decision you know in your heart you'll be able to defend the most honest when it really comes down to it.....

when we're kids we think our parents can do no wrong....

when we're teenagers we're disgusted that they don't get it...

when we're adults we feel like jerks, cuz we finally get it.....

when we're parents...we try too hard to be perfect and make mistakes our damn selves.....

just know you're doing what you feel in your heart is the best thing for her, and when it's all said and done, you can't really be mad about it

lol..that's real. Thanks Dubear.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    <<parent of the year
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kat wrote: »

How old were you?

my mother was always trying to get my father to see me..
    even tho she had moved on wit her life..
    i think that was my father's biggest issue.. it would never be the three of us.. and thought maybe if he held out my mom would come back for the "sake of me" ..but the only person more stubborn then my mother is me. lol

i seen him a few times when i was real young couldn't tell u.. i was like in 2nd or 3rd grade or some ? ..
    but it wasn't until i was goin into high school that i started to see him.. i was 14..
  • Rasta.
    Rasta. Members Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kat wrote: »

How old were you?

Not my story but similar situation, i was 18....met him and i'm 30 now only seen him about 5 times my whole life. Let your daughter grow up and willingly ask to see him...don't entertain him unless you want him around.