Clippers Owner Donald Sterling To GirlFriend - Don't Bring Black People To My Games (AUDIO/PIX)

Options

Comments

• mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lazypakman wrote: »
    sterlings daughter after the last game

535fca3100371.jpg

'We gon' run this train on you and record the ? . Then it's going on Worldstar. It's the only way to clear your father's name. You love your daddy, right?'
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Matt- wrote: »
    Na
    mryounggun wrote: »
    But no one is telling Donald Sterling he can't be racist. The problem came when he made comments displaying that racism and they became public.

It's fair game at that point.

Yes, but it's more fair game because of the overall affect it's having on the league. They can act based on them, but they can't really punish him for being a racist. If that was the case they could have acted a long time ago which honestly they might have done if they could have given that he's not only a racist but a ? owner in general.

Sure they can. If me and a coworker were going to eat lunch and I told him/her they couldn't invite a black person or not to bring a black person in my office- I wouldn't even last the rest of the day

Yes, you can absolutely punish discriminatory behavior. That's different from trying to punish racist views that are only expressed in private away from the workplace or any arena where you'd be conceivably be representing your employer or affecting your employees.

So if an employer found out that I an employee was in the KKK via an anonymous video tip, they couldn't do anything because it's away from work, they couldn't do anything

Wrong...if your employer is at will he can fire you for no reason at all...now if your employer is an just cause employer than he couldn't fire you for that unless he could tie it into a hostile work environment or another legitimate reason.

What the hell did you just say? lol
  • theBlackbeard
    theBlackbeard Members Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lazypakman wrote: »
    sterlings daughter after the last game

535fca3100371.jpg

They prolly ? the soul out her body
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    let's be real, ain't nothing gonna happen , to Donald sterling.
    in the end, black people would get thrown a bone to nibble , and WE WILL nibble it.
    however, the same ? , was going in, on Lupitas personal success. Calling it "thrown a bone."
    I just find it ironic, but you know, at the end of the day, ain't nothin gonna happen...commisoner SilvA is a Jew .Sterling is a Jew , they going to look out for each other,
    Sterling is a billionaire ,White and knows the law.
    I hope im wrong.
    a boycott from the players would of sent a statement, that would of shook white supremacy.
    doc looked weak, I mean your boss is telling a black girl ,to stay away from black folks .
    I wonder what he's telling white girls ???
    aNd Doc wife is white. His house was burn because of his interracial marriage.
    "just focous on winning a game."
    ? 2 make Ya soul burn slow
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Once your private matter is made public an employer can fire you under grounds of hostile work environment. If you are in the kkk and no one knows I can't fire you but if I know and especially if your co-workers know I can fire you.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    companies have moral clauses in contracts, rules and guidelines all the time
    People get fired for what they post on Facebook all the time

Why is this ? so hard to understand?

There is a difference between you doing something immoral or illegal, capturing the act, and then putting it on a public forum and simply holding unpopular and/or wrong beliefs. Lots of companies have policies about how you have to represent yourself in public, but I don't know of any companies that have rules that dictate what kind of beliefs you can and cannot hold. A company can say you can't promote racist ideology. They can't say you can't be racist.

He's done all that in the public eye for a long time
    But keep ignoring the facts though
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well here we go word is 5 million fine..and indefinite suspension
  • stilldat_dude
    stilldat_dude Members Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Na
    mryounggun wrote: »
    But no one is telling Donald Sterling he can't be racist. The problem came when he made comments displaying that racism and they became public.

It's fair game at that point.

Yes, but it's more fair game because of the overall affect it's having on the league. They can act based on them, but they can't really punish him for being a racist. If that was the case they could have acted a long time ago which honestly they might have done if they could have given that he's not only a racist but a ? owner in general.

Sure they can. If me and a coworker were going to eat lunch and I told him/her they couldn't invite a black person or not to bring a black person in my office- I wouldn't even last the rest of the day

Yes, you can absolutely punish discriminatory behavior. That's different from trying to punish racist views that are only expressed in private away from the workplace or any arena where you'd be conceivably be representing your employer or affecting your employees.

So if an employer found out that I an employee was in the KKK via an anonymous video tip, they couldn't do anything because it's away from work, they couldn't do anything

Wrong...if your employer is at will he can fire you for no reason at all...now if your employer is an just cause employer than he couldn't fire you for that unless he could tie it into a hostile work environment or another legitimate reason.

What the hell did you just say? lol

I can't dumb it down any further for you, but trust me if your employer is an at will employer (which most US employers are) then they don't need a reason to fire you (trust me I'm 5 classes away from my MA in HR Management and see it done several times and had it done once to me)
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^^doesnt that vary by state though?
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    His ? V.Stephaoncofnja or whatever is ugly as ? .
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So glad that I had the courage at my lil 2 dollar job to stand up to our bosses and say "NO" when they wanted to add more duties without a significant pay increase. They were mad at us and in response, they took our vending machines away, but we didn't care. Just walked into the office one day and our vending machines were gone from the halls. But some things are more important than snacks.

@Assatafresh
  • stilldat_dude
    stilldat_dude Members Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Options
    No but wit everything in life there are exceptions...wtf you think employers HATE unions (especially US employers)...but if your employer is at will he could come in the office and say I hate your green socks ? you fired and could actually put that as the reason he fired you and you couldn't do a mfer thing unless you can prove it was discriminatory (he didn't fire another ? wearing green socks)....you ? better find out if your employer is at will or not lmao
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zombie wrote: »
    Once your private matter is made public an employer can fire you under grounds of hostile work environment. If you are in the kkk and no one knows I can't fire you but if I know and especially if your co-workers know I can fire you.

actually an employer can fire you because he doesn't like your shirt.

so long as they don't fire you because of your race, gender, religion or ethnicity they can fire you for whatever they want...

Fair or not
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Darxwell wrote: »
    zombie wrote: »

actually an employer can fire you because he doesn't like your shirt.

so long as they don't fire you because of your race, gender, religion or ethnicity they can fire you for whatever they want...

Fair or not

Yeah I know but was talking under fair circumstances.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    His ? V.Stephaoncofnja or whatever is ugly as ? .

She does look trannyish
    The voice is off to... sounds like a man trying to be feminine
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol. You can't be fired simply because you are in the KKK.
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Oh, ? they banned him for life.
  • freshb651
    freshb651 Members Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BANNED FOR LIFE !
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • atribecalledgabi