Clippers Owner Donald Sterling To GirlFriend - Don't Bring Black People To My Games (AUDIO/PIX)

Options

Comments

• Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm glad he brought up issues like white flight, I love how white people act like they're cool with being around blacks when they move as soon as they see a bus-full of black kids heading to their kids school
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm glad he brought up issues like white flight, I love how white people act like they're cool with being around blacks when they move as soon as they see a bus-full of black kids heading to their kids school

Nah, that means it's gameday
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i think the take away from Bomani is that we should expand the discussion to include the actual harm that Don and ppl like him are doing... not "lets point fingers at everyone who ignored it until now"...
    link his racist ideology to his actual behavior, duh...
    but y'all go ahead and question the attention its getting now instead of using it to shed light on other misdeeds...

All this.. should be a moment to rehash reexamine......or examine donald sterling and the nba willful acceptance
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I think some people on here need to get out of their emotions and use their logic for second.

The first, foremost, and most important issue here is that Donald Sterling is a blatant racist and he has no place holding a high position in a league that runs largely on the labor of black people. That should be something that everyone can agree on.

With that out of the way, there are other issues here. One is the proposed legislation of beliefs and thoughts. One is the public vs private issue. And to a much less extent another is the unsavory way this information comes out. As long as a person acknowledges that first point up there, there should be no issue with them addressing the other issues. I don't understand why people in here feel like they have to knock someone because they believe that people shouldn't be punished for their thoughts or private actions. That's a completely different issue as to whether or not they believe Donald Sterling is a racist ? . You can believe that Sterling has no place in the NBA and also believe that people shouldn't be punished for their private actions. Those two things aren't mutually exclusive.

Once your private becomes public then all bets are off and anyone who stands as an enemy to black people should be made to suffer in some way I don't care about being fair, if you don't uses his private actions as a grounds for his removal from the nba then on what basis should he be punished???
  • cobbland
    cobbland Members Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »
    Now the real question, in terms of what Bo Jones is talking about:

I've said earlier in this thread that Donald Sterlings feelings about blacks and hispanics are well known and not new. How many of us were upset about it back then? Or made threads about it back then? If not, why are we doing it now?

Very interesting questions.

Many people on this site have been discussing his actions and former commissioner David Stern's refusal to "punish" him for years.

http://community.allhiphop.com/search?Page=p1&Search=Donald+Sterling
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    i think the take away from Bomani is that we should expand the discussion to include the actual harm that Don and ppl like him are doing... not "lets point fingers at everyone who ignored it until now"...
    but y'all go ahead and question the attention its getting now instead of using it to shed light on other misdeeds...

Similar to what Charles Barkley said when he said the real problem isn't the people who say racist ? , it's the people who have the economic power to make their racist beliefs affect the lives of those they hate. It's clear in his housing practices how he feels about anybody not white. Too many caught up in "I saw it first" as opposed to how can we minimize the power people like him are able to acquire in the first place being this openly racist for as long as he has
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Darxwell wrote: »
    T.Taylor wrote: »
    They on cnn tap dancing around the main question that need to be asked on national televison.

Is what sterling said to his girlfriend in the comfort of his own home how most white americans view black people? ...i already know the answer i just wanna see the whites cry foul.

A thing a lot of us are missing is the fact that half the stuff Sterling was saying he made clear at many points that HE didn't think this way but the people he is surrounded by did. His business partners did. And in the case of Israel the Israelis in general did.

Some of the backlash against him are just us killing the messenger. Why nobody trying to get to the bottom of who these "business partners" and "friends" are of his that keep calling him about blacks on her instagram? Old white billionaires dont exactly hang out with random people. So you know who ever it is is well-known in the business community.

I'd love a list of the crackers that called up telling him to control his HOuse ? .

Fam...50+ pages ago I called you out on this and you backtracked. Now you doin it again.

My eyes never lie: You a ? ngga (c) Eyeronic1
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think some people on here need to get out of their emotions and use their logic for second.

The first, foremost, and most important issue here is that Donald Sterling is a blatant racist and he has no place holding a high position in a league that runs largely on the labor of black people. That should be something that everyone can agree on.

With that out of the way, there are other issues here. One is the proposed legislation of beliefs and thoughts. One is the public vs private issue. And to a much less extent another is the unsavory way this information comes out. As long as a person acknowledges that first point up there, there should be no issue with them addressing the other issues. I don't understand why people in here feel like they have to knock someone because they believe that people shouldn't be punished for their thoughts or private actions. That's a completely different issue as to whether or not they believe Donald Sterling is a racist ? . You can believe that Sterling has no place in the NBA and also believe that people shouldn't be punished for their private actions. Those two things aren't mutually exclusive.

One of the measures of intelligence is having the capability to have 2 different thoughts at the same time

• BarryHalls
    BarryHalls Members Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    IMO, if Adam S suspends dude for the remainder of the season and gives him 1 million dollar fine that will be a slap in the face to me as a black man...just me...

yea, 1 milli is pocket change to sterling. He's worth over a billion. I say the players sit out until the NBA forces him to sell the team. Which we all know aint gonna happen.
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ReppinTime wrote: »
    Cuban almost had me fooled. After seeing his ? interview he a typical cac too. scust.

What did he say?

Also, I remember when he told that one basketball player's mom that he was "thug" To me, that is a euphemism for the word ? .
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    a.mann wrote: »

One of the measures of intelligence is having the capability to have 2 different thoughts at the same time

while attempting to be intelligent, one should not be foolish enough to believe that "private actions" have no link to "public actions"... it is clear that in this case they do.
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Adam Silver will speak today at 2pm.

Also, I watched 1st take this morning. They were talking about what Chauncey Billups said about he couldn't have gone out on the court
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lets see what happens in 2 hours
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Options

The problem with that is if you don't point out the wrongness and hypocrisy, it won't change. It's fine to use this incident to spark a movement against Sterling. But it's also worthwhile that we point out that it shouldn't have taken this long. And it's fair to point out that we should spend more time fighting racist actions than getting mad and trying to punish racists for being who they are.
    zombie wrote: »

Once your private becomes public then all bets are off and anyone who stands as an enemy to black people should be made to suffer in some way I don't care about being fair, if you don't uses his private actions as a grounds for his removal from the nba then on what basis should he be punished???

This is a perfect example of the points I've made. The dude has been caught doing real racist ? , not simply thinking racist thoughts. That's really all you need to remove him from the NBA. They have people who have already come out and said that he paid blacks poorly because of their race. They have people who have already come out and said that he antagonizes and harasses black employees. He's already caught heat for racist practices in his other businesses. This whole fiasco with his private conversation can be what sparks the NBA to take action against him, but ultimately it's all those racist acts that should be used to take him down not his racist ranting on a private phone call.

And let's get something straight. I'm not saying that you as a a Black man and proponent of the Black community are wrong for wanting his head over his comments. I'm just saying that people should stop attacking other people because they believe that you need to go about this in a legal and fair manner. Once again, you can believe that Sterling needs to be done away with and also believe that a person's private thoughts and words are off limits for legislation.
  • twizza 77
    twizza 77 Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bomani is the truth, like he and others said this current Sterling situation is NOTHING compared to the housing discrimination. He affected a lot people, and the NBA and Media didn't do anything about it then.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That chick looks less and less attractive in every pic.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Cain want to be Vlad sooooo bad...lol
  • twizza 77
    Options
    She looks like she's addicted to plastic surgery.
  • twizza 77
    Options
    You guys think Silver will make the players free agents? I think that will be the most effective move, if owners can't come up with 75% bylaw vote.
  • stilldat_dude
    stilldat_dude Members Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cain wrote: »
    video-189212.jpg

The gf with Bishopn Don Juan

hahahaha thats the first time I seen him without his clown suit on...he look like a simp ass ? lol
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kudos to Bomani for THIS: pointing out how Donald Sterling been racist for years without bein called out

HOWEVER (please read)

I dont get moved by passion alone. B/c NO, this story IS important.

1) I do not agree with the 'why we talkin bout this but not that' POV. People Im TIRED, TIRED, TIRED of every argument ending with BUT WHY WE NOT TALKIN BOUT CHICAGO!!!' Man...? Chicago...and i'm not makin light of the victims, but wtf u wanna do!?!? How long do we blame systemic racism for NGGAS actin a fool. Tha ? does Chicago have to do w/ this!?!? So these arent 2 mutually exclusive events? So CNN, Social media, etc hasnt talked and discussed Chicago numerous fukin times? So i dont see the 'Gunland' advertisement everytime i come on this site or onto Yahoo?! But then if we continue to show the murders, we gon complain about 'all they show is us in a negative light." ? that ? man.

2) Donald Sterling, a man at the highest level of power, stating that even HE "has to follow how the world works" is a problem. Why? B/c he largely dictates how the world goes, atleast sports-wise. So we shouldnt be mad b/c he's just looking at an existing perception??

So is the Barneys thing a non-issue as well bc they just "followin how the world goes" and dont want us seen in their stores? Foh Bomani.

He also didnt address (maybe he wasnt aware) Sterling's comments about him 'GIVING' us food, shelter, etc.

So nah, im not moved by pasion alone. He was right on some things but I disgaree w/ him basically bein on some contrarian ? .

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Did yall read that peter keating piece..

Read it, and yea and Stern has been deafly silent
    He was all for shining the logo upholding the values, being judge jury and executioner when it came to the players.. he passed the buck on Sterling he needs to be crucified and villified in the media
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    a.mann wrote: »

while attempting to be intelligent, one should not be foolish enough to believe that "private actions" have no link to "public actions"... it is clear that in this case they do.

It does.

Which is why programs like the NSA are conducting are so important...... :-B
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    state farm cut ties with the cilppers.. smh no more chris/cliff paul commercials... which makes me wonder did those commercials really make people say "hey chris and cliff make me wanna be insured by state farm"
  • JusDre313
    JusDre313 Members Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea whoever dropped that first bomani joint props here it is again
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=g6bLKe9-Mto
    Bomani article at the time

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=jones/060810

As well as Jemelle Hills
    http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=hill/110905&sportCat=nba

crazy.. lebetard said Bomani wrote that article 8 years ago.. and its gotten my reads in the last 24 hours than it did when it was originally wrote smh
This discussion has been closed.