Clippers Owner Donald Sterling To GirlFriend - Don't Bring Black People To My Games (AUDIO/PIX)

Options

Comments

• jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He was talking about coming from a "culture" so yeah it's deeper than niño brown but ain't much you can do.

• MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Alex Kennedy ‏@AlexKennedyNBA · 1h
    Rockets owner Leslie Alexander says NBA should "let [Clippers] become free agents." Adam Silver says he'll consider: http://sulia.com/my_thoughts/03121484-29e1-4c2b-b7e9-89af00f5789c/?source=tw&action=prop&form_factor=desktop

• Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol who would play for the clippers then? they'd be looking like Penn State football
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ghost313 wrote: »
    Magic gonna end up buying the Clippers. I wonder if he set that shot in motion. ... Muahhahah Magic the Mastermind.

Hell yeah it was a set up, Magic is a Laker for life....after the way Lakers got they ass handed to them from the Clippers, ? I wouldn't be shock to see Doc Rivers coaching the Lakers next year, with Kobe coming back, all those draft picks and a run for Love....
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »

I don't think anyone called that man a ? .

As far as the bolded, that's all well and good. And very true. But you can say that without seemingly trying to absolve Donald Sterling of his ignorant comments, as well. I think that's what people's issue is. That's MY issue, anyway.

PS: Eh, maybe ? did call him a '? '. But those the same ? who randomly talk out their neck about anything anyway.

How can anyone read Kareem's writing and believe he was absolving Sterling. He basically called him an idiotic racist like 5 different times in the article. I agree the use of "poor guy" was a bit odd, but it seemed to me like it was sarcasm that didn't come through very well.
    I disagree with what he said but id never call him a ? .. I wonder what they would say about jim brown if he has the same sentiment..mind you kareem was rollin with that coalition

These ? arebtrendy clown new bpp ass ?

Ya'll got to read the article instead of commenting on that one line. It was an odd choice or words, and I agree there wasn't much reason for him to address the fact that Sterling was set up, but that was only two sentences out of the whole article. The rest of the article was a scathing indictment of Sterling and racism in general. I have to believe people didn't read the article because if they did and came out calling him a ? or acting like he was supporting Sterling, this forum has reached a new low.
  • Ghost313
    Ghost313 Members Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    For those new to Donald Sterling, he is a pure.to heart racist. Google his lawsuits that he settled, .and what he has said ON OATH in court about Mexicans, Blacks, and Koreans.

This is the same dude who asked a coach why he wanted.to coach a bunch of ? .

No sympathy for this ? , his chickens have come home to roost.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You surprised by the tenor of some of these cats
  • ReppinTime
    ReppinTime Members Posts: 4,760 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cuban almost had me fooled. After seeing his ? interview he a typical cac too. scust.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Arash Markazi@ArashMarkazi The LA City Hall press conference with Kevin Johnson, Eric Garcetti and NBA players will take place at 11:45am PST.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kenny was speakin that real
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Where's Elgin Baylor, I wanna hear his take on this. Heard him say Sterling would bring women in to watch the players shower and comment on their "beautiful black bodies" nh
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    On a totally random note, Sterling's cool wit ? his girl behind Magic. Keep telling ppl Magic ain't got ? ...
  • BarryHalls
    BarryHalls Members Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wanna hear Paul Mooneys take on this.
  • Rahlow
    Rahlow Members Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Sterling didn't ? this woman, I think he loved her spring neck chicken style.
    Magic is actin brand new knowing gatdamn well he knew Sterling was a racist while he was being coy and ? with him.

the Clippers are a relevant team now. Unfortunately, Sterling has done/said much worse things than this. He once said black people and Hispanic (specifically Mexicans), are vermin and they smell and shouldn't be allowed to live in his buildings.. one of his buildings burned down because he was too cheap to put in fire detectors, he celebrated black history month in the wrong month... he said he wants his team to have a plantation mentality, etc.
  • Purr
    Purr Members Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Donald Sterling
    NEW AUDIO RELEASED
    I Put Food on Black People's Tables
    4/27/2014 9:03 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
    breaking news

042714_donald_sterling_launch
    More Donald Sterling audio has been released ... this time, you can hear the Clippers' owner explaining that he doesn't think he's racist because he puts food on the tables of his his black employees.

The audio -- just released on Deadspin -- appears to pick up where the clip published on TMZ Sports leaves off ... with Sterling's girlfriend V. Stiviano challenging him on April 9th about why she can't post photos of black people on her Instagram page.

GF: "I don't understand, I don't see your views. I wasn't raised the way you were raised."

Sterling: "Well then, if you don't feel -- don't come to my games. Don't bring black people, and don't come."

GF: "Do you know that you have a whole team that's black, that plays for you?"

Sterling: "You just, do I know? I support them and give them food, and clothes, and cars, and houses. Who gives it to them? Does someone else give it to them? Do I know that I have—Who makes the game? Do I make the game, or do they make the game? Is there 30 owners, that created the league?"

Sterling also objects when Stiviano compares his attitude toward black people to the Holocaust.

During the conversation, Stiviano says she didn't remove a photo of L.A. Dodgers star Matt Kemp from her Instagram page because he's mixed race and light-skinned and she thought Sterling would be OK with it.

She was wrong.

Sterling also threatens to replace Stiviano with another girl in his life for not getting behind his world views on race.
  • Purr
    Options

V: I don't understand, I don't see your views. I wasn't raised the way you were raised.

DS: Well then, if you don't feel—don't come to my games. Don't bring black people, and don't come.

V: Do you know that you have a whole team that's black, that plays for you?

DS: You just, do I know? I support them and give them food, and clothes, and cars, and houses. Who gives it to them? Does someone else give it to them? Do I know that I have—Who makes the game? Do I make the game, or do they make the game? Is there 30 owners, that created the league?

Poor Los Angeles Dodgers outfielder Matt Kemp is also dragged into the conversation, having appeared in an Instagram photo with V. Stiviano. It was her photo with Magic Johnson that had apparently started the fight.

V: Honey, if it makes you happy, I will remove all of the black people from my Instagram.

DS: You said that before, you said, "I understand."

V: I DID remove the people that were independently on my Instagram that are black.

DS: Then why did you start saying that you didn't? You just said that you didn't remove them. You didn't remove every—

V: I didn't remove Matt Kemp and Magic Johnson, but I thought—

DS: Why?

V: I thought Matt Kemp is mixed, and he was OK, just like me.

DS: OK.

V: He's lighter and whiter than me.

DS: OK.

V: I met his mother.

DS: You think I'm a racist, and wouldn't—

V: I don't think you're a racist.

DS: Yes you do. Yes you do.

V: I think you, you—

DS: Evil heart.

And there is also this baffling exchange about black Jews in Israel:

DS: It's the world! You go to Israel, the blacks are just treated like dogs.

V: So do you have to treat them like that too?

DS: The white Jews, there's white Jews and black Jews, do you understand?

V: And are the black Jews less than the white Jews?

DS: A hundred percent, fifty, a hundred percent.

V: And is that right?

DS: It isn't a question—we don't evaluate what's right and wrong, we live in a society. We live in a culture. We have to live within that culture.

V: But shouldn't we take a stand for what's wrong? And be the change and the difference?

DS: I don't want to change the culture, because I can't. It's too big and too [unknown].

V: But you can change yourself.

DS: I don't want to change. If my girl can't do what I want, I don't want the girl. I'll find a girl that will do what I want! Believe me. I thought you were that girl—because I tried to do what you want. But you're not that girl.

They close by essentially invoking ? and closing down the thread, comparing Sterling's viewpoints to the Holocaust:

V: It's like saying, "Let's just persecute and ? all of the Jews."

DS: Oh, it's the same thing, right?

V: Isn't it wrong? Wasn't it wrong then? With the Holocaust? And you're Jewish, you understand discrimination.

DS: You're a mental case, you're really a mental case. The Holocaust, we're comparing with—

V: Racism! Discrimination.

DS: There's no racism here. If you don't want to be... walking... into a basketball game with a certain... person, is that racism?

Dead spin has the unedited audio

http://deadspin.com/exclusive-the-extended-donald-sterling-tape-1568291249
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Purr
    Options
  • MoneyLuver
    MoneyLuver Members Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anybody else catch Steven A. Smith telling the Clippers to sell their soul for a Championship?
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so from what some of yall saying the people should not stand up to the owner the owner should be forced out.

but what does that change?

it just means he'll make his money to leave an then watch what he says.

an if the players still play at their top level....that makes his team worth more when he sells...so more money in his pocket.

but yet.....asians, jews, and ? can boycott and get ? done.

but these black players cant?
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Matt- wrote: »
    lol who would play for the clippers then? they'd be looking like Penn State football

You can take yo cracka ass over there and play proudly for yo daddy ...
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so none of the players said nothing yet huh?
This discussion has been closed.