Clippers Owner Donald Sterling To GirlFriend - Don't Bring Black People To My Games (AUDIO/PIX)

Options

Comments

• BarryHalls
    BarryHalls Members Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »
    MoneyLuver wrote: »
    Anybody else catch Steven A. Smith telling the Clippers to sell their soul for a Championship?

Steven A. Is a confused ass ? with a large vocabulary.
    That ? be battling himself on live t.v.
    Today, one minute, He said they should play, the next minute they shouldn't ...I'm like dude..

Forreal tho. Steven A would say one thing then say the complete opposite later into his argument. Like when he said "im not gonna be disrespectful and call mayweather scared." A couple minutes later he says "I believe mayweather is ducking." lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-ftw9XzmPc
  • zerocool
    zerocool Members Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It would have been great if CP3 and his team didn't play sundays game. ........that ? would have gotten so much attention.......

I think d nba should buy the clips ...get sterling out....then sell it like how they did with new orleans
  • TalaNight
    TalaNight Members Posts: 54 ✭✭
    Options
    I don't understand why he didn't just date a White girl
    it's like his horniness beat out his racism
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bormani jones a real ? , he gave me a different perspective on this issue that people should be focusing on
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    one game would not have hurt any of them ?
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Keep your nignog ass out his games. ? ain't rocket science.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    Damn he bought the team for $20 million? That's a steal

If you look back at how much some nba and nfl teams had been bought and sold for before the late 80s/90s you'd be shocked
  • Knock_Twice
    Knock_Twice Members Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kenny Smith was on point last night..Charles tried to cover it up just a bit..just a bit he was (at first) cooning but once Kenny went into his spill he got on the bandwagon...? is crazy..I been said them dudes should have stopped playing altogether as a whole...? a trophy...where's 3 years down the line you aint go remember the ? anyway..holds no weight, but this will be ink in our society...
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think some people on here need to get out of their emotions and use their logic for second.

The first, foremost, and most important issue here is that Donald Sterling is a blatant racist and he has no place holding a high position in a league that runs largely on the labor of black people. That should be something that everyone can agree on.

With that out of the way, there are other issues here. One is the proposed legislation of beliefs and thoughts. One is the public vs private issue. And to a much less extent another is the unsavory way this information comes out. As long as a person acknowledges that first point up there, there should be no issue with them addressing the other issues. I don't understand why people in here feel like they have to knock someone because they believe that people shouldn't be punished for their thoughts or private actions. That's a completely different issue as to whether or not they believe Donald Sterling is a racist ? . You can believe that Sterling has no place in the NBA and also believe that people shouldn't be punished for their private actions. Those two things aren't mutually exclusive.
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jesus...Bo Jones for the win.
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »

What he say?
  • mryounggun
    Options
    T. Sanford wrote: »

What he say?

Scroll up. Playmaker got the vid in his post.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea whoever dropped that first bomani joint props here it is again
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=g6bLKe9-Mto
    Bomani article at the time

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=jones/060810

As well as Jemelle Hills
    http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=hill/110905&sportCat=nba

this is how you change the convo...
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Oh I just got finished reading another article dated 2009 by Peter Keating

This is a very detailed scathing report of the things he did, said..and the compilicity of people at many levels from players to owners, the league it self...to the people who relented.. very long but necessary read here posr your commentary

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4187729
  • Knock_Twice
    Knock_Twice Members Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    IMO, if Adam S suspends dude for the remainder of the season and gives him 1 million dollar fine that will be a slap in the face to me as a black man...just me...
  • mryounggun
    Options
    Now the real question, in terms of what Bo Jones is talking about:

I've said earlier in this thread that Donald Sterlings feelings about blacks and hispanics are well known and not new. How many of us were upset about it back then? Or made threads about it back then? If not, why are we doing it now?

Very interesting questions.
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I've said earlier in this thread that Donald Sterlings feelings about blacks and hispanics are well known and not new. How many of us were upset about it back then? Or made threads about it back then? If not, why are we doing it now?

Wasn't as covered
  • Meta_Conscious
    Options

I was, so whats your point? now is the time when ppl are ready to address it. for whatever reason... how long were black ppl forced to sit in the back of the bus before something was done? history remembers that something was done.
  • CHICAGO_BREED
    CHICAGO_BREED Members Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The players have the power. Nothing operates without them. Keith Olbermann ,on espn, was even low key motivating them to boycott. He went on to give example in sports where players refused to play because of certain racial situations and how the league was forced to do by their demands. So in all the clippers players are being cowards by not making a stand. If the clippers are that good they'll be back next year.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Options
    DonPePe wrote: »

Wasn't as covered

That, and let's be a real. A lot of the fools in here get more riled up by people saying racist ? than people doing racist things. Go back in the earlier part of this thread. Half these dudes in here were experts on Sterling's past. They knew all the racist ? that he did and continues to do, but had no problem with CP3 or Blake playing then. Now all of a sudden Sterling gets caught saying some racist ? at home, they want to be all up in arms and start calling everyone ? for every damn thing. FOH
  • Meta_Conscious
    Options
    i think the take away from Bomani is that we should expand the discussion to include the actual harm that Don and ppl like him are doing... not "lets point fingers at everyone who ignored it until now"...
    link his racist ideology to his actual behavior, duh...
    but y'all go ahead and question the attention its getting now instead of using it to shed light on other misdeeds...
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DonPePe wrote: »

Wasn't as covered

Anyone involved in the nba or fan who even casually followed the nba knew about this stuff. It's been covered for years. Obviously this new stuff is easier to pass judgement on since it's right in our face, but people make judgements based on much less. Kobe and Ben are viewed as ? even tho neither were guilty of anything. Barry Bonds is viewed a cheater even tho it's all hearsay.

This is a problem that the league and the players have avoided for years, unfortunately for them, it took something like this for them to react.
  • mryounggun
    Options

I was, so whats your point? now is the time when ppl are ready to address it. for whatever reason... how long were black ppl forced to sit in the back of the bus before something was done? history remembers that something was done.

There is no point, fam. Not one of these cats with thinly-veiled ether attempts. I'm legitimately curious as to the answers to those questions.
This discussion has been closed.