The HELLCAT is here!!

Options

Comments

• wilberdmillz
    wilberdmillz Members Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Will how many miles on your 06

Just changed my oil today, 97,417 exactly lol.
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Mannn you know i told you my co-worker got a r/t magnum dat boi hittin 147k on the dash same engine.... ran into him today his ? still run/ sound good
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

whats holding you back from getting a 14 Charger SRT?
  • Lurker6
    Lurker6 Members Posts: 4,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yo @will they say the horses in that damn hellcat WAS 707......but it's really 825HP! bruh!!!!

I read about that too, but it said originally it had 825hp, they had to dial it back to make it smog legal because at that level they couldnt get it there
    MENACE... wrote: »
    add an Exhaust/cold air intake/and a some headers you can push at least 1000HP.

LMAO, HELL NAW. Like @Lurker6 said this is comical. I do believe tho that a pulley/intake/exhaust/tune Hellcat will put down close to 800 to the wheels, which would equate to over 900hp at the crank. Add E85 and a ported blower for even more power.
    @wilberdmillz
    naw when they were testin they cranked the boost up just to do it. But they're havin a hard time makin it smog legal now at 707
  • wilberdmillz
    Options
    I'm rocking it till the wheels fall off.
    MENACE... wrote: »

Not interested in the 14 SRT even tho i know it's better than my 06 in every way.........except looks lol. I'm gonna look into a hellcat in a few years.

• Chef_Taylor
    edited October 2014
    Options
    @Wilberdmillz
    @Menace

Hellcat running down a cadillac Cts-V on the track

http://youtu.be/Vmit1lNXwFA
  • Rampage12
    Rampage12 Members Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    _Menace_ wrote: »

Never understood why anyone would want a Charger, hell them ? shouldn't even be called Chargers, they're Dodge Sedans. It ain't a Charger unless that ? got 2 doors.
  • wilberdmillz
    Options
    Rampage12 wrote: »

Never understood why anyone would want a Charger, hell them ? shouldn't even be called Chargers, they're Dodge Sedans. It ain't a Charger unless that ? got 2 doors.

You buy a car for the name or what its capable of?
  • Chef_Taylor
    Options
    Damn if its two door or not...but if you gonna call it the charger atleast supercharge it....the 2015 charger hellcat will be supercharged, it should be a no brainer that the charger should be one of the faster cars on the road even with out "modifying" it.
  • _Menace_
    Options
    copping one next week.

posting pics
  • wilberdmillz
    Options
    Damn if its two door or not...but if you gonna call it the charger atleast supercharge it....the 2015 charger hellcat will be supercharged, it should be a no brainer that the charger should be one of the faster cars on the road even with out "modifying" it.

Not really sure I follow you here. The SRT Charger IS one of the fastest cars on the road without modifying it. Sure it's not THE fastest but on a daily I only come across a few other sedans that I think will beat me. But I'm in Arkansas so it's rare to se AMG's, M's and such. I see CTSV's a few times a week though. If I had a 392 boy I'd act more of a fool than I already do lol. The only cars that are comp are Mustangs and Camaros and they're in a different class than a Charger IMO.

They better not let me get my hands on a Hellcat Charger, I'm gonna turn into a car snob lol. Cruising in the slow lane ignoring everybody.
  • Chef_Taylor
    Options
    Yeah im saying prolly cause i see sports cars and exotic ? all the time where i live. BUT the hellcat charger will be the fastest sedan on the streets without a question. I was saying you know they make that v6 chargers...which i know everybody cant afford the SRT8 model but i was hoping the v6 models would be a lil faster... just like with the v6 challengers they got the camaro's v6 models running alot faster ....i want dodge to be king of the streets out here...thats why its a shame what they're doing to the viper brand that car could be so much better than what it is.
  • B_A
    B_A Members Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah im saying prolly cause i see sports cars and exotic ? all the time where i live. BUT the hellcat charger will be the fastest sedan on the streets without a question. I was saying you know they make that v6 chargers...which i know everybody cant afford the SRT8 model but i was hoping the v6 models would be a lil faster... just like with the v6 challengers they got the camaro's v6 models running alot faster ....i want dodge to be king of the streets out here...thats why its a shame what they're doing to the viper brand that car could be so much better than what it is.

I agree, im a chevy man but have been down with dodge since the financial crisis.
  • Lurker6
    Lurker6 Members Posts: 4,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rampage12 wrote: »

Marketing decided to call it the charger
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    copping one next week.

posting pics

It's next week
  • _Menace_
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    copping one next week.

posting pics

It's next week

gonna hold back...till they got deals on em. that car is 70k i rather cop a crib...
    nothing wrong with my current car
  • wilberdmillz
    Options
    BBgOMSu.img?h=484&w=728&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f

Despite its 4,562-pound curb weight, those tires hindered the Charger Hellcat's performance at the dragstrip. The 2015 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat reached 60 mph in 3.7 seconds and finished the quarter mile in 11.8 seconds at 124.3 mph. The 113-pound-lighter two-door 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat matched the Charger to 60 mph and finished the quarter mile one-tenth quicker and 1.1 mph faster.

Dodge claims the Charger Hellcat can run the quarter mile in 11.0 seconds flat. Although that might be possible on a specially prepped dragstrip, our testing is done on a street-style surface. For comparison, several 488-550-hp Jaguar F-Type V8 S roadsters and Coupe R models we've tested hit 60 mph in 3.4-3.9 seconds and ran the quarter mile in 11.6-12.1 seconds at speeds of 120.2-122.3 mph. The Hellcat's 4,562-pound curb weight, compared to 3,873-3,965 pounds for the F-Type models, and its relatively narrow tires (the Jaguar has wider 295/35R20 tires) keep the Hellcat from reaching its true potential.

In fact, the Hellcats' (Charger and Challenger) trap speed is closer to the all-wheel-drive Nissan GT-R. With 545-600 hp, the last three Nissan GT-R models we tested (Black Edition, Track Pack, Nismo) hit 60 mph in 2.7-2.9 seconds and finished the quarter mile in 11.0-11.1 seconds at 124.8-125.3 mph. The 3,880-3,887-pound GT-R models benefit greatly from the added grip of all-wheel drive (and short transmission gearing), indicating that the Hellcat's tires hamper its acceleration numbers. Although the supercharged V-8 Jaguar models claw for traction at speed, the Hellcat takes that experience to a whole new level. Stomping the right pedal at a 60-mph roll can easily produce black stripes and smoke as the Hellcat fishtails into ludicrous speeds even with traction control set at its most oppressive setting. At full throttle, the tires chirp on each upshift regardless of transmission setting.

msn.com/en-us/autos/autospassenger/2015-dodge-charger-srt-hellcat-first-test/ar-BBgOZIK
  • B_A
    Options
    BBgOMSu.img?h=484&w=728&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f

Despite its 4,562-pound curb weight, those tires hindered the Charger Hellcat's performance at the dragstrip. The 2015 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat reached 60 mph in 3.7 seconds and finished the quarter mile in 11.8 seconds at 124.3 mph. The 113-pound-lighter two-door 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat matched the Charger to 60 mph and finished the quarter mile one-tenth quicker and 1.1 mph faster.

Dodge claims the Charger Hellcat can run the quarter mile in 11.0 seconds flat. Although that might be possible on a specially prepped dragstrip, our testing is done on a street-style surface. For comparison, several 488-550-hp Jaguar F-Type V8 S roadsters and Coupe R models we've tested hit 60 mph in 3.4-3.9 seconds and ran the quarter mile in 11.6-12.1 seconds at speeds of 120.2-122.3 mph. The Hellcat's 4,562-pound curb weight, compared to 3,873-3,965 pounds for the F-Type models, and its relatively narrow tires (the Jaguar has wider 295/35R20 tires) keep the Hellcat from reaching its true potential.

In fact, the Hellcats' (Charger and Challenger) trap speed is closer to the all-wheel-drive Nissan GT-R. With 545-600 hp, the last three Nissan GT-R models we tested (Black Edition, Track Pack, Nismo) hit 60 mph in 2.7-2.9 seconds and finished the quarter mile in 11.0-11.1 seconds at 124.8-125.3 mph. The 3,880-3,887-pound GT-R models benefit greatly from the added grip of all-wheel drive (and short transmission gearing), indicating that the Hellcat's tires hamper its acceleration numbers. Although the supercharged V-8 Jaguar models claw for traction at speed, the Hellcat takes that experience to a whole new level. Stomping the right pedal at a 60-mph roll can easily produce black stripes and smoke as the Hellcat fishtails into ludicrous speeds even with traction control set at its most oppressive setting. At full throttle, the tires chirp on each upshift regardless of transmission setting.

msn.com/en-us/autos/autospassenger/2015-dodge-charger-srt-hellcat-first-test/ar-BBgOZIK

Now imagine if the hell cat dropped weight, it would be am even bigger monster on the street.
  • B_A
    Options
  • Chef_Taylor
    Options
    Yo my lil cousin copped a charger. (3.5) what are the best mods for a v6 because i have no clue....i aint even wanna lie to him.
  • _Menace_
    Options
    Yo my lil cousin copped a charger. (3.5) what are the best mods for a v6 because i have no clue....i aint even wanna lie to him.

my condolences.
  • _Menace_
    Options
    first mod he should do is an engine swap

5.7L_hemi_V8_engine.jpg

then go from there
  • Chef_Taylor
    Options
    LoL...man ? cant afford that right now.
  • _Menace_