The HELLCAT is here!!

Options

Comments

• wilberdmillz
    wilberdmillz Members Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Oh, Ok @ttaylor. It was probably a Z51 corvette, Camaros are the only ZL1s. I could see that depending on the year model, the Ls3 Vettes trap between 115-120, well within a bolt on cammed SRT range.

Have you heard of the r/t charger will be available with the 392 like the challenger will be?
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I need to get a camera so i can youtube ? man. On fridays and saturday nights royal purple racetrack in baytown aint no tellin what you bound to see out there. ? race on the freeways everyday tho but when you really tryna hit a real track we go to royal purple.
  • IgnorantSole
    IgnorantSole Members Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    T.Taylor wrote: »
    The srt8 motor was rebuilt..it was tuned up pretty nice. Some white guy brought it in on the back of a truck.So you know only time he prolly drive is at the track.

I need video evidence. I can't see anything less than a viper running down a corvette... on the track... let alone a Z car.... by a beginner? the only cars to carry the z moniker are the Z06 which since 97 came with at least an LS6 and has always been tuned to for track enthusiasts, or the ZR1 that carried the LS9 or better.

when you say rebuilt I think run down motor built back to stock or do you mean race built. you kinda make it seem like the dodge is just taking top of the line vettes out for a walk with ill experienced drivers. I can talk cars all day, know most from the pony era cars up to the current fore runners, I ain't stirring up ? , but some ? needs clarification
  • wilberdmillz
    Options
    I somewhat agree with you @ignorantsole but I couldn't outright say the story is BS without knowing more about the vette. Like you said there are so many possible engine combos from those years and it could have been stock, who knows. Believe it or not but the stock 05(LS2) and 99-04(LS1) Vettes and stock 6.4/Bolt-on 6.1 SRT8's run about the same times at the drag strip.

Bottom line we need more details on both cars.
  • IgnorantSole
    IgnorantSole Members Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I somewhat agree with you @ignorantsole but I couldn't outright say the story is BS without knowing more about the vette. Like you said there are so many possible engine combos from those years and it could have been stock, who knows. Believe it or not but the stock 05(LS2) and 99-04(LS1) Vettes and stock 6.4/Bolt-on 6.1 SRT8's run about the same times at the drag strip.

Bottom line we need more details on both cars.

That's why I'm saying if it had a Z badge (Z06/ZR1). Those cars never came with anything less than an LS6 and a proper tune. A stock vette I can believe, they run LS3s, but they aren't marked in any way.
  • Chef_Taylor
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Oh, Ok @ttaylor. It was probably a Z51 corvette, Camaros are the only ZL1s. I could see that depending on the year model, the Ls3 Vettes trap between 115-120, well within a bolt on cammed SRT range.

Have you heard of the r/t charger will be available with the 392 like the challenger will be?

Yes.... some but not all. The charger will make the same changes as the challenger did with its 392 into the R/T models. Thats why i believe the "hellcat" 707's will probably just be the chargers and challengers.
  • Chef_Taylor
    edited July 2014
    Options
    @GAclay i was going by what one of the guys who was with the man who owned the car mentioned. Not my words, now i did see the actual race and that yellowjacket got off with a bad start but gained ground in the end... but you know when it comes to tunes and different mods guys tend to add some numbers.lol
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    that ? looks nice

tho I never really been a fan of Dodge like that

I'm more of a foreign car man myself..........rather have a Dodge truck than a Dodge car
  • Chef_Taylor
    Options
    Since the hellcat challengers and chargers will prolly be rare finds.... you better off getting a 392 and
    Installing a edelbrock...my potna went from 470hp to 660hp he hooked up his superbee.
  • CHICAGO_BREED
    CHICAGO_BREED Members Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yo I'm in love with this ? . After watching that video I want one G
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • _Menace_
    Options
    Bruh I want that challenger hellcat!

I guess I gotta wait til i pay my car off before I get one. I'm not gonna be upside down on my trade but i will definitely cop the SRT HellCat next
  • Chef_Taylor
    Options
    @Menace.... get a 392 and mod it out youll get simular results. I spoke with a salesman at My dealership...about trading up...they had 3 superbee's on the lot told me with the value of my car, i could just do a sign and trade...given my car note would be a lil more but it would still be affordable... might wanna go that route.
  • _Menace_
    Options
    Why mod it out when its all done in the hellcat™?

Let me live! Im gonna cop a hell cat
  • Chef_Taylor
    Options
    Thats if you wanna come out paying less but do yo thang man.... just a suggestion.
  • wilberdmillz
    Options
  • Chef_Taylor
    Options
    Giiiiiiiiiiiiiiii damn.Mann that damn engine is music to my ears.
  • wilberdmillz
    Options
    Dodge has officially lost their mind!!

xyi7x56v4vywfsrpsf6i.png
    It defines itself by a 204 mph top speed, an 11 second quarter mile time on street tires, and the ability to drain its fuel tank in just 13 minutes........

Update 1: Dodge says the car has an eight-speed automatic, so it sounds like the Charger won't get a manual gearbox like the Challenger does. A ? , but not surprising. No all-wheel drive, either, but we can live with that. P

Update 2: Zero to 60 mph in 3.7 seconds, apparently. P

Update 3: The Hellcat engine is not going into the Dart. I'm still holding out for the Fiat 500 myself. P

Update 4: No fuel economy ratings yet. I'm gonna go ahead and assume "not great." At 4,560 pounds, it's about 100 pounds heavier than the Challenger Hellcat. Also, pricing will be announced later. P

http://jalopnik.com/the-707-hp-dodge-charger-srt-hellcat-the-worlds-most-p-1620758434
  • _Menace_
    Options
    just sold my r/t

so when does this hellcat hit the lots?
  • Chef_Taylor
    Options
  • Chef_Taylor
    Options
    You sold yo ? menace.....

• _Menace_
    Options
    pics of the hell cat will be posted in a couple of hours.

I'm talking to some dealers right now, might go with a Challenger.

Hold Up
  • Chef_Taylor
    Options
    So the hellcat charger will be faster than that turbo panamera porsche that left me in the wind.... **birdman hand rubs**