_Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    co sign.

the 11-14 body style are GOAT.

2015 looks like a damn dart only nice thing about it are the wheels
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Aint nothing more than some viper wheels...which we could buy to put on our chargers, make it look even better.I was talking ? to my co-worker today he drive a camaro....i said ? you go be getting that recall letter in the mail from gm you keep talking ? , he hushed real quick... Mopar or no car baby!!
  • _Menace_
    Options
    lol he about to get that recall letter soon for the lack of performance.

I want those viper wheels so damn bad but I got other ? I need to pay for but i rather get an exhaust first before new wheels
  • Chef_Taylor
    Options
    You doing the flowmasters huh?
  • _Menace_
    Options
    Yup..

They sound pretty good to me I done the research

It's in my budget I like borlas but I'm not paying 1200 for em
  • Chef_Taylor
    Options
    My lil cousin put some magnaflows on his charger...he go a 3.5 but that ? sound good as ? inside and out.
  • King_MOEbra
    King_MOEbra Members Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They should "Hellcat" the Chrysler 300, as well!
  • King_MOEbra
    King_MOEbra Members Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Oh, and "Hellcat" the Jeep Grand Cherokee, too!
  • banginscrew901
    banginscrew901 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 7,148 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hellcat neon/dart? ?
  • Chef_Taylor
    Options
    Maybe the 300 maybe....but throwing that engine in the challenger/charger is enough.
  • Chef_Taylor
    Options
    Those 2014 Challenger R/T's with the shacker pack aint no ? either...The gt-r is out the picture if im going to upgrade ill do so with a challenger.
  • wilberdmillz
    wilberdmillz Members Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2014
    Options
    HELLCAT STARTS AT $59K!! I WILL HAVE ONE IN A FEW YEARS!!
    attachment.php?attachmentid=20007&d=1405509781
  • Chef_Taylor
    Options
    Yo will......you think that 707 a give a GTR a run.
  • Chef_Taylor
    Options
    I was binding for a GTR in the future but with the news of this hellcat pricing, i just might be looking forward to trading in for one.
  • wilberdmillz
    Options
    T.Taylor wrote: »
    Yo will......you think that 707 a give a GTR a run.

Yes, I'd be surprised if the 8-speed auto isn't faster then the gtr on the highway. Hell they go be very close at the drag strip too. We'll see when mags start testing them. A stock gtr traps ~124 I fully expect the Hellcat to trap higher than that, which would indicate that on the highway it'll be faster.
  • IgnorantSole
    IgnorantSole Members Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://oppositelock.jalopnik.com/hot-laps-around-pir-in-the-707-horsepower-hellcat-1606823999/+pgeorge

that car body rolls like an obese ? . i don't know where the niche for this car is at all. dodge is heading the opposite direction of everybody else.

spending 60k on a car today that lacks the ability to finesse the corners properly is a complete failure.

-Chevy ZL1, 55k, lapped the ring in 7:41, well balanced weapon on AND off the track
    -Ford GT500, 60k, lapped the ring in 7:39, monster on and off the track
    -Chevy Z/28, 85k, lapped the ring in 7:31, taken out super cars on the TRACK

don't get me wrong the car is sexy, but for 60 grand you can get so much more for your money. and if you just wanna go fast at the strip why not get serious and cop the cobrajet or copo camaro. dodge has not one answer for chevy of ford's top dawgs.
  • wilberdmillz
    Options
    @IgnorantSole, There hasnt even been any track times released for this car yet and you've come to that conclusion? Don't get me wrong, I don't expect this car to lap track as fast as the cars you mentioned but I'm sure the numbers will be closer than we think. As I said in another post though, ANYBODY buying the Challenger to take it to a autox/roadcourse is doing it wrong anyway. This car will be a beast on the street, and thats where I have my fun.
  • IgnorantSole
    Options
    Did you watch the video? Do you know what proper corner temperament looks like? I just sharedYou don't have to show me a time to be able to see poor entry speed, horrible body roll, understeer, inability to make the apex, and latent acceleration out of the corner. You can close your eyes and HEAR the car understeer. Like I said it's a beautiful car, in a straight line. But but sleeping in the corners and only being able to bulldog the straights when the car is razor straight, doesn't cut it for ME. The whole muscle car argument has always been "too big, won't turn" and what did dodge make? A car that's overweight, and can't turn.

It was said in this thread that it will best the ZL1, GT500, and GTR. That it's competition is in those cars. If you can justify spending 60k to get speeding tickets on the freeway then that's fine. I ain't hating or bashing the car, it is what it is. But you can't tell sell me on it being a better car because they strapped a rocket on it and said it can go straight. @wilberdmillz
  • wilberdmillz
    Options
    Yes, I've watched the video, it was posted on another site I post on. Most seem to think that for its size it was well mannered, I'd agree. I'm going to wait til more test are done and we actually have some numbers to base this off of since you brought up numbers. I'm not into corner carving so I'd concede that argument to you since it seems thats what you like.

As far as your last paragraph, yeah those cars were brought up as competition...........on the street. I know thats where I have my fun so thats what I'm concerned about. Got to youtube and type in Mustang vs Camaro vs Challenger, I bet 99% of the videos will be drag or street racing. If you like the Autox/road racing I'd advise you not to buy a Mustang, Camaro, or Challenger. That hustling backwards. Also I haven't seen anybody in this thread say the Hellcat is a better car than any of the comp, just that it will/should be faster on the street/highway. Well maybe @menance has said it better but you gotta excuse him lol. @Ignorantsole
  • IgnorantSole
    Options
    i can respect the street and strip, that's where i started when i was younger. but when somebody put my "fast in a straight line" ass behind the wheel of a Z06 at 17 and said "take that corner", i put that car ass backwards in the grass, but was hooked.

i've seen camaros and mustangs at track days that scare the ? outta euro cars ZL1s, 1LEs, 302s, GT500s, etc so i know the new cars with the new tech and some shop time can move. built not bought @wilberdmillz
  • Chef_Taylor
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Who cares about ? corners tho... ? nit pick.Bottom line is the 2015 hellcat challenger is the best muscle car that has been made yet......deal with it. #MOPAR
  • IgnorantSole
    Options
    You'll care about it when you punch around a corner and get too many of those 707 started. If you've never gunned it out of a stoplight or stop sign, into a turn, and let the ass slide out a little is take you for a liar.

I'm a car guy of course a ? gone "nit pick" on "best car" claims. Say most powerful muscle car, that's what it is, best in a straight line, that's what it is. But you can't claim best by 0-60 and ET, with a sorry ass lap time, slalom time, and cross times, that's how cars are tested, and that's how they're rated, like it or not, she a one trick pony in a class of talented dancers
  • Chef_Taylor
    Options
    True...im seeing alot of burnout videos of the car i have yet to see it in a straight line or doing corners. I thought corvette owned the best times you're talking @gaclay
  • IgnorantSole
    Options
    Corvettes are halo cars, complete different monsters
  • _Menace_
    Options
    @IgnorantSole talking all this ?

come bring that ss and line em up!