The HELLCAT is here!!

Options

Comments

• IgnorantSole
    IgnorantSole Members Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @_menace_ what ? talk? that's straight facts. i know mopar heavy on the forum, but don't talk like the cars don't have their weak points. i'm a chevy boy to the core but i know what our cars can and can't do, and i won't talk myself into a corner.

as far as my SS you can run with her anytime you want, either with me or the new owner, she's proven street and track. but humor me this an R/T weigh 4253 lbs dry, 370 horses, rear wheel drive, on street tires; my truck is just under 5000 wet, almost twice your horses, all wheel drive, on race wheels. who wins?
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LINE EM UP!

I dont care if you got 1000HP line em up
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I did the dash tonight that ? did every bit of 160.....stick was right on the zero.My baby stock if i modify that thang its go be a scary site.
  • wilberdmillz
    wilberdmillz Members Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You'll care about it when you punch around a corner and get too many of those 707 started. If you've never gunned it out of a stoplight or stop sign, into a turn, and let the ass slide out a little is take you for a liar.

I'm a car guy of course a ? gone "nit pick" on "best car" claims. Say most powerful muscle car, that's what it is, best in a straight line, that's what it is. But you can't claim best by 0-60 and ET, with a sorry ass lap time, slalom time, and cross times, that's how cars are tested, and that's how they're rated, like it or not, she a one trick pony in a class of talented dancers

Dude, do you know something we don't? Besides drag time no other numbers for this car has been released. What are you basing your statements on? Tell me how many G's the Hellcat has pulled? What's the 60-0 braking distance? Whats the slalom speed? I mean, you seem to know all these thing while nobody else does. @ignorantsole
    _Menace_ wrote: »
    @IgnorantSole talking all this ?

come bring that ss and line em up!

Wait, this the dude that has the Built SS truck that can't even out trap a stock SRT? @_Menace_‌
  • _Menace_
    Options
    You'll care about it when you punch around a corner and get too many of those 707 started. If you've never gunned it out of a stoplight or stop sign, into a turn, and let the ass slide out a little is take you for a liar.

I'm a car guy of course a ? gone "nit pick" on "best car" claims. Say most powerful muscle car, that's what it is, best in a straight line, that's what it is. But you can't claim best by 0-60 and ET, with a sorry ass lap time, slalom time, and cross times, that's how cars are tested, and that's how they're rated, like it or not, she a one trick pony in a class of talented dancers

Dude, do you know something we don't? Besides drag time no other numbers for this car has been released. What are you basing your statements on? Tell me how many G's the Hellcat has pulled? What's the 60-0 braking distance? Whats the slalom speed? I mean, you seem to know all these thing while nobody else does. @ignorantsole
    _Menace_ wrote: »
    @IgnorantSole talking all this ?

come bring that ss and line em up!

Wait, this the dude that has the Built SS truck that can't even out trap a stock SRT? @_Menace_‌

Yup if I modify my RT it's a wrap
    ? I'll go head tot head with it stock
  • Chef_Taylor
    Options
    Read on a charger website...the 2015 SRT8 will be the fastest 4-door sedan ever produced.Hellcat powered as with the challenger.

I can't wait to see this.
  • _Menace_
    Options
    T.Taylor wrote: »
    Read on a charger website...the 2015 SRT8 will be the fastest 4-door sedan ever produced.Hellcat powered as with the challenger.

I can't wait to see this.

I hope its not the new body style
  • _Menace_
    Options
    bruh....

this looks like a damn mustang. these dodge designers ? up. They hit it on the head with the 10-14 models. these 15's looked ugly af

2015-dodge-charger-srt-hellcat-rendered-most-powerful-sedan-in-the-world-84361-7.jpg
  • Chef_Taylor
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Thats not the official look @menace
  • Chef_Taylor
    Options
    It may look simular to this

2015-dodge-charger_600x0w.jpg

Which dont look to bad but if it will be the fastest 4-door sedan as they say it will be the performance and upgrades under the hood outweigh what the exterior lookin like.I want that hellcat.
  • _Menace_
    Options
    no spoiler?

still not a fan of that body style. it might have to grow on me
  • Chef_Taylor
    edited July 2014
    Options
    OK..iight @Menace that 2015 hellcat SRT8 charger will prolly have to grow on you..i think my view has changed on it...... ill cop one.I'd definitely trade mine in for one of the 2015 R/T chargers which will prolly boost that 392 engine if not the 470.

dodge_charger_r_t_12.jpeg

Read up on the article on the website.... challenger/charger will just feature the "hellcat" jeep/chrysler probably won't..... as of now the charger/challenger will be.
  • _Menace_
    Options
    T.Taylor wrote: »
    OK..iight @Menace that 2015 hellcat SRT8 charger will prolly have to grow on you..i think my view has changed on it...... ill cop one.I'd definitely trade mine in for one of the 2015 r/t which will prolly boost that 392 engine if not the 470.

dodge_charger_r_t_12.jpeg

Read up on the article on the website.... challenger/charger will just feature the "hellcat" jeep/chrysler probably won't..... as of now the charger/challenger will be.

23.gif

ima have to drive one first before I judge any further. I mean the wheels are nice

I dont like that lip spoiler tho
  • Chef_Taylor
    Options
    I need to see it and hear it in person...picture prolly does it no justice.The other mourning i was on my way to work i spotted a 2015 challenger.I caught the tail end of it on a service road come to think of it it was a dodge jeep chrysler dealership on that same service road...the new challengers are dope as ? .I seen them taillights and got excited as ? ...i started to follow it but i was already on the ramp headed towards the freeway.They got the demos on the showroom floor.
  • wilberdmillz
    edited July 2014
    Options
    First "real" test of the Hellcat.....
    BASE PRICE $60,990
    VEHICLE LAYOUT Front-engine, RWD, 5-pass, 2-door coupe
    ENGINE 6.2L/707-hp/650-lb-ft supercharged OHV 16-valve V-8
    TRANSMISSION 8-speed automatic
    CURB WEIGHT (F/R DIST) 4449 lb (57/43%)
    WHEELBASE 116.2 in LENGTH x WIDTH x HEIGHT 197.5 x 75.7 x 55.7 in 0-60 MPH 3.7 sec
    QUARTER MILE 11.7 sec @ 125.4 mph
    BRAKING, 60-0 MPH 109 ft
    LATERAL ACCELERATION 0.94 g (avg)
    MT FIGURE EIGHT 24.7 sec @ 0.85 g (avg)
    EPA CITY/HWY/COMB FUEL ECON 15/25/18 mpg
    ENERGY CONS., CITY/HWY 225/135 kW-hrs/100 miles
    CO2 EMISSIONS 1.06 lb/mile

motortrend.com/roadtests/coupes/1407_2015_dodge_challenger_srt_hellcat_first_test/

@ignorantsole Thoughts?
  • IgnorantSole
    Options
    Statements based on
    BASE PRICE $60,990
    WHEELBASE 116.2 in LENGTH x WIDTH x HEIGHT 197.5 x 75.7 x 55.7 in 0-60 MPH 3.7 sec
    BRAKING, 60-0 MPH 109 ft

motortrend.com/roadtests/coupes/1407_2015_dodge_challenger_srt_hellcat_first_test/

@ignorantsole Thoughts?

At first I thought it was going to be a straight line monster, but with an 11.7 ET I'm thinking they wanted the "most powerful" crown? I'm not bashing the car at all, but like I said launching all that weight down the track isn't an easy feat. I say it's a good first shot, but they're engineers are gonna have to go hard, because even with 707 horses the hellcat is barely competitive. @wilberdmillz
  • wilberdmillz
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Statements based on
    BASE PRICE $60,990
    BRAKING, 60-0 MPH 109 ft

@ignorantsole Thoughts?

At first I thought it was going to be a straight line monster, but with an 11.7 ET I'm thinking they wanted the "most powerful" crown? I'm not bashing the car at all, but like I said launching all that weight down the track isn't an easy feat. I say it's a good first shot, but they're engineers are gonna have to go hard, because even with 707 horses the hellcat is barely competitive. @wilberdmillz

I think for the size of the vehicle that the skidpad and braking numbers are very good, some have even said surprising. If you read the article they even say on an actual prepped track that they expect the car to do ~11.2 bone stock like Dodge claims. The tested the car on an unprepped surface FYI. 0-60 in 3.7 seconds while launching in 2nd gear is crazy too. Barely competitive against what? @ignorantsole
  • IgnorantSole
    Options
    all i'm saying is for the power I expected a 10 second car maybe even a high 9 on radials. with the competition, zl1 @ 11.9 and gt500 @ 11.6, it just needs refining because the numbers don't seem to add up. even 0-60, gt500 sits @ 3.5 and the zl1 close at 3.8. those times a taken at optimum with pro drivers.

every review I read said "ability to spin the tires in any gear", drivability for average guys gonna be a ? . picture trying to grab traction from a second gear roll if you can spin the tires in 7th? AVERAGE dudes trying to correct a pulling car the wrong way causes a lot of grief, that's all I'm saying. much respect to the car and the team at dodge though, it's a great first step. @wilberdmillz
  • wilberdmillz
    Options
    10 second? high 9 on a D/R? Thats not being realistic at all lol. I wonder how many of these will be made, I've read anywhere from 500 to 1200. I hope they flood the market so the price will drop faster if they only produce 1200.
  • IgnorantSole
    Options
    With the right tune I bet that car would run high 10s. Zl1s and 500s run in the same range as the hellcat with down 100 horses. Strip some weight and add a optimized tune it's nothing to shave a second off the ET, factory tunes are usually conservative.

Makes me want my next toy lol
  • wilberdmillz
    Options
    I mean, it's allready ran 10's on a D/R. 9's were a little unrealistic.
    Of course, it's faster than any of those. Dodge is trumpeting its NHRA-certified 10.8-second quarter-mile time on drag radials, and we understand it ran 11.2 in the quarter on street tires. Anything you can drive off the lot, to the tire shop, and then to the drag strip and turn in a sub-11-second pass is impressive by any standard. And for around $60,000, a deal, too.

roadandtrack.com/go/news/2015-dodge-challenger-srt-hellcat-pricing

ZL1 is barely faster than a regular 392 SRT. Looks like the Hellcat is on par with the GT500 in straight line speed, which is amazing when you condider the fact it weighs 600lbs more and only has 45 more HP.

Just wait til they Pulley/tune this thing.......we'll see some 9's then I think.
  • Chef_Taylor
    Options
    I seen a yellowjacket SRT8 at the track here where i go come within bumpers length with a ZL1 corvette but who ever was driving the dodge was a beginner with the manual shift.... it ran the vette down had it not been for that bad jump it may have finished in front of that corvette.
  • wilberdmillz
    Options
    ^you meant ZL1 Camaro right?
  • Chef_Taylor
    Options
    No..it was a corvette@ will
  • Chef_Taylor
    edited July 2014
    Options
    The srt8 motor was rebuilt..it was tuned up pretty nice. Some white guy brought it in on the back of a truck.So you know only time he prolly drive is at the track.