Mark Cuban: "If I see a Black Kid with a Hoody and it's late at night, I'm Crossin the Street..."

Options

Comments

• damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Honestly, this is not a race issue, this is a self preservation issue. He did not just say a black kid in a hoody but also a white bald guy with tats.

But they want 2 crucify him cuz he said the word black in a negative way.. that's all this thread is about..
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »
    Real ? , I ain't even mad at him. The realist ? he mentioned was that fact that EVERYBODY is bigoted and/prejudiced in some way. The only difference is that some of us are maliciously so and some of us aren't. Pretty clear which one Sterling is. Not really sure about Cuban though.

No this is wrong.Everybody has stereotyped which is different.I can only speak for myself when I say that I am ans never been prejudice and only those in power can be a bigot.
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Honestly, this is not a race issue, this is a self preservation issue. He did not just say a black kid in a hoody but also a white bald guy with tats.

That was so weak.
  • tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think the NBAPA should grow a set a ? and boycott the whole next season or better yet form their own league. Why should they play for white men that clearly have no respect for them. Adam silver has the NBA looking like a ? joke right now.
  • damobb2deep
    Options
    its a self preservation issue if you're dumb enough to believe that displaying cowardice will deter a predator...

So if I'm walking down the street and I see a group of people walking my way in Chicago ( I know y'all love that city) with Latin king color's on I should just walk through them? I can't cross the street?
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    I think the NBAPA should grow a set a ? and boycott the whole next season or better yet form their own league. Why should they play for white men that clearly have no respect for them. Adam silver has the NBA looking like a ? joke right now.

That won't happen.This generation of black men isnt strong enough.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    its a self preservation issue if you're dumb enough to believe that displaying cowardice will deter a predator...

So if I'm walking down the street and I see a group of people walking my way in Chicago ( I know y'all love that city) with Latin king color's on I should just walk through them? I can't cross the street?

what do u think crossing the street will accomplish? use your head for more than a hatrack.
  • VulcanRaven
    Options
    I read the whole quote.. he also said that if he crossed that street and saw a white guy with tattoos there he would cross the street again...

I don't see the problem with what he said now...

Thats a smoke screen be smarter than that.I doubt any white person would cross the street seeing another white person unless its the Hell's Angels.
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "at least he has the ? to admit to being a ? racist ? " is lowering the bar... but whatever...
    i feel like that attitude is meeting an already low bar

i mean, u had Sterling, his wife and mistress saying he's not racist, ? what u heard.

Noone likes to admit their faults publicly.

giving Cuban credit is conforming to bigotry in a way..
    but on the other hand its recognizing his half step forward vs white america's collective 2 steps back
  • damobb2deep
    Options

what do u think crossing the street will accomplish? use your head for more than a hatrack.

Give me space so if they on some other ? I can get outta there...

Also shows that you don't want problems. ..

• Meta_Conscious
    Options

Give me space so if they on some other ? I can get outta there...

Also shows that you don't want problems. ..

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2naAgcSnyMDymQSwad3QQZqTMKO7cF8D2fLVsaxcCxiAmeps0
  • VulcanRaven
    Options
    DWO wrote: »
    EmM HoLLa. wrote: »
    DWO wrote: »
    EmM HoLLa. wrote: »
    sully wrote: »
    why are billionaires walking down streets late at night tho??
    he been actin funny as ? ever since this ? wit Sterling hit the fan..

? probably best friends wit dude and share the same sentiments..
    but this goes to what i was saying in that thread.. all them cats are on the same page.. Sterling jus got caught..

Cuban and Sterling are both Jews. And if you listen to Sterling's tape, the pressure to not be associated with black people and to be racist is from the people Sterling is around.

B/c Cuban is a relatively new billionaire compared to other rich billionaire Jews, i wouldn't be surprised if those same people are pressuring him to vote against banning Sterling. After all, those are probably the same guys who are putting Cuban in rooms with people he can make the deals with that keep him a billionaire.

Bruh the truth is always much more sinister...

I don't want to sound green here.. But there is so much irony in this perceived hate Jews have for blacks.. Like if Jewish folks really feel this way deep down inside the irony of that would be almost too much for me to comprehend..

and that's why people needa be called out on ? when they start talking wreckless.....

there's no need to make excuses for people or try to justify ? they say when they come out the mouth wreckless....

it is what it is......now are you gonna react...or respond?

You see.. My whole thing is this... I don't necessarily think Cuban is 100% wrong for what he said.. What he said is something that all of us do as humans.. The issue lies with what his intentions may or may not be..

Im from the hood.. And although I don't cross the street when I see shaky people cuz those type of folks can smell fear.. I keep an eye on them until i'm out of their vicinity.. Chi town ? call it no lackin... Same principle here..

Again.. is Cuban on some funny ? .. Or are we to take what he is saying at face value.. And believe he is on his no lackin ? ?.. Thats the question..
    with cuban, it's an absurd statement....

he's not walking no streets at 2am....he's a ? billionaire......everyone knows that if he was outside of his element in a situation like that ....he'd be nervous......infact.......it would be expected

but that's not what he said....

he's directly patronizing people with this black person ? , hes bringing race into a situation just to show he has prejudice views, but is trying to justify it under the guise of his "person safety" and insecurities..... it's so ridiculous it shouldn't even be dignified with a legitimate response.....

you wouldn't be scared of a person with a hoody outside at 2am because they're black....ou'd be scared of anyone cuz you'd be an obvious mark....

you just threw black in there to prove a point....a point that deserves to adressed

The dumb thing about the hoodie comment is they are assuming somwone with dark skin is black.

With my complexion you could not tell if I am black or white whilw im wearing a hoodie.So people that think that way fear black.skin period - whiich is the "real" issue and their own ignorance.

So if the white guy with tats has on a hoodie he is no threat because you cannot see the tats? This whole thing exposes the ignorance of rich whites.in power.
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    what does the "accuracy" of his statement mean?
    again, if a dude says "I just ? a puppy", u guys go "I respect your honesty and accuracy"?

Can't speak for anyone else, but all I ever commented on what the accuracy of his statement. No more. No less. ? can't get outta their own way and view other posters comments for what they are.

I'm not debating the morality or whatever of the comments.
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ... THE WHITE GUY HAD TO LOOK LIKE A FREAK SHOW FOR HIM TO BE AFRAID. .. THE BLACK GUY JUST HAD TO BE BLACK

one of the realest posts in this thread is by dro?? wtf
  • Meta_Conscious
    Options
    again, if a dude says "I just ? a puppy", u guys go "I respect your honesty and accuracy"?

Can't speak for anyone else, but all I ever commented on what the accuracy of his statement. No more. No less. ? can't get outta their own way and view other posters comments for what they are.

so a dude says "i like ? "... u say "that's accurate"... why? why do u say that?
  • mryounggun
    Options
    Real ? , I ain't even mad at him. The realist ? he mentioned was that fact that EVERYBODY is bigoted and/prejudiced in some way. The only difference is that some of us are maliciously so and some of us aren't. Pretty clear which one Sterling is. Not really sure about Cuban though.

Bomani Jones had a great little debate with him on twitter this morning ..... essentially what he said was that using this whole "everybody has flaws" ? is a copout .... ? dont put your flaws on me ... own your ? by urslef

Of course it's a copout. And of course he's defending Sterling. But that doesn't change that his statement is accurate. W

there is no accuracy to the statement ... there is no way for you to legitimize that comment ....so ...lets stop

Just like the is no way to legitimize the opposite opinion. Doesn't mean it's not accurate.
  • VulcanRaven
    Options
    ... THE WHITE GUY HAD TO LOOK LIKE A FREAK SHOW FOR HIM TO BE AFRAID. .. THE BLACK GUY JUST HAD TO BE BLACK

That sums it up.Whites fear black skin.
  • mryounggun
    Options

No this is wrong.Everybody has stereotyped which is different.I can only speak for myself when I say that I am ans never been prejudice and only those in power can be a bigot.

You know the definition of prejudice, my G?
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And WTF is up with all these "At least he's honest" posts?

Ya'll ? sounding real docile. Giving crackers a pat on the back for publicly expressing their hatred for us. SMH.
  • damobb2deep
    Options

Slavery and the the civil rights says otherwise. ..
  • harry knucklez
    harry knucklez Members Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I read the whole quote.. he also said that if he crossed that street and saw a white guy with tattoos there he would cross the street again...

I don't see the problem with what he said now...

I'm not buying it tho. White folks always say something racist and then try and say something else to offset it.
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Dr.Chemix wrote: »
    Wow...you see this is what I get for just going by the headline of the thread. After reading the below quote, I see the OP does the same ? as newspapers do with their suggestive thinking headlines
    S2J wrote: »
    That’s an internal battle as well, he acknowledges: "If I see a black kid in a hoodie and it’s late at night, I’m walking to the other side of the street. And if on that side of the street, there’s a guy that has tattoos all over his face--white guy, bald head, tattoos everywhere--I’m walking back to the other side of the street," he says.

Dude said black guy, white guy...basically anybody. Smh.

Wow, you're stupid enough to post a comment without even reading the OP.
  • mryounggun
    Options

so a dude says "i like ? "... u say "that's accurate"... why? why do u say that?

You smarter than this, my G. 'I like ? !' is a statement about his personal likes. I'm in no position to have an opinion on if it's accurate or inaccurate. Nor would I care to since he's only referring to himself.

If he said 'We all like ? , in some form or fashion!' I'd have no problem commenting on the accuracy of his statement in a thread about his statement.
  • mryounggun
    Options

Slavery and the the civil rights says otherwise. ..

Slavery and the civil rights era confirm the fact.
  • Tymoney19
    Tymoney19 Members Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why y'all fronting like y'all never seen a ? wit a hoodie robbing a convenient store in store camera footage or never seen a movie where ? in hoods doin ? ? . Next y'all gonna tell me ski mask aren't associated with robbery