Mark Cuban: "If I see a Black Kid with a Hoody and it's late at night, I'm Crossin the Street..."

Options

Comments

• Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    since u accept "everyone is a bigot", will u also accept "so don't hold us accountable"?
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »
    Real ? , I ain't even mad at him. The realist ? he mentioned was that fact that EVERYBODY is bigoted and/prejudiced in some way. The only difference is that some of us are maliciously so and some of us aren't. Pretty clear which one Sterling is. Not really sure about Cuban though.

Bomani Jones had a great little debate with him on twitter this morning ..... essentially what he said was that using this whole "everybody has flaws" ? is a copout .... ? dont put your flaws on me ... own your ? by urslef

Of course it's a copout. And of course he's defending Sterling. But that doesn't change that his statement is accurate. W

there is no accuracy to the statement ... there is no way for you to legitimize that comment ....so ...lets stop

Just like the is no way to legitimize the opposite opinion. Doesn't mean it's not accurate.

so basically you have no legitimacy to your claim and you're just talking to talk at this point

....got ya

• VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tymoney19 wrote: »
    Why y'all fronting like y'all never seen a ? wit a hoodie robbing a convenient store in store camera footage or never seen a movie where ? in hoods doin ? ? . Next y'all gonna tell me ski mask aren't associated with robbery

People period use hoodies for crime but people also rob and steal with a hat,cap,shades,wig and just their bare head.A hoodie means nothing.
  • VulcanRaven
    Options
    Real ? , I ain't even mad at him. The realist ? he mentioned was that fact that EVERYBODY is bigoted and/prejudiced in some way. The only difference is that some of us are maliciously so and some of us aren't. Pretty clear which one Sterling is. Not really sure about Cuban though.

No this is wrong.Everybody has stereotyped which is different.I can only speak for myself when I say that I am ans never been prejudice and only those in power can be a bigot.

You know the definition of prejudice, my G?

Prejudice is hatred and dislike.Thats my definition.No one.goes by the dictionary definition for anything.
  • Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    its a self preservation issue if you're dumb enough to believe that displaying cowardice will deter a predator...

So if I'm walking down the street and I see a group of people walking my way in Chicago ( I know y'all love that city) with Latin king color's on I should just walk through them? I can't cross the street?

what do u think crossing the street will accomplish? use your head for more than a hatrack.

Give me space so if they on some other ? I can get outta there...

Also shows that you don't want problems. ..

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2naAgcSnyMDymQSwad3QQZqTMKO7cF8D2fLVsaxcCxiAmeps0
    He Larry Us
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    since u accept "everyone is a bigot", will u also accept "so don't hold us accountable"?

Negative. Never said anything along those lines. Or even implied it. Everybody should be held accountable for their bigotry and/prejudice: Cuban, Sterling, me, everyone.
  • mryounggun
    Options

Bomani Jones had a great little debate with him on twitter this morning ..... essentially what he said was that using this whole "everybody has flaws" ? is a copout .... ? dont put your flaws on me ... own your ? by urslef

Of course it's a copout. And of course he's defending Sterling. But that doesn't change that his statement is accurate. W

there is no accuracy to the statement ... there is no way for you to legitimize that comment ....so ...lets stop

Just like the is no way to legitimize the opposite opinion. Doesn't mean it's not accurate.

so basically you have no legitimacy to your claim and you're just talking to talk at this point

....got ya

Its a discussion board, B. I'm discussing *shrug*

There's no way to prove my statement or a contrary statement.
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options
    there's no way some of you cats have actually been around black people with these comments ...lol
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Man, though I've posted a couple times already, I've held back from really breaking down because the IC is becoming more intolerant of different opinions, not to mention common sense.

First off, just because someone engages in racial profiling doesn't mean that he or she is a racist. If that were true, then a lot of black women are racist too. It could just mean that they perceive a higher risk to themselves in the situation and think that it would be prudent to take anticipatory action. (And just because racial profiling in a particular case isn't racist, doesn't mean that it is not wrong.)

Second, do you -- I mean you yourself -- think it would be justified, in certain situations, to be a little more cautious when around strange young black men dressed a certain way, as opposed to young white men? (Let me say that, no, that doesn't mean following them around, before some idiot says that I'm justifying what GZ did.) Forget, for a moment, about whether it would be rational to do that; all I am asking if whether it would be justified to be a little more cautious. If your answer is yes, that's because you recognize that young black men and young white men, at least in many places, aren't equally likely to rob you. That narrows the distance between you and Cuban, and you should be little more understanding of where he is coming from.

What dude said is nowhere near the ballpark of what Sterling said, though I disagree with him and think they should force Sterling to sell.
  • mryounggun
    Options

No this is wrong.Everybody has stereotyped which is different.I can only speak for myself when I say that I am ans never been prejudice and only those in power can be a bigot.

Prejudice is hatred and dislike.Thats my definition.No one.goes by the dictionary definition for anything.

Word. We're making up our own definition to fit our own narrative. Good to know. Salute.
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    some disgusting ? is being said in here
  • mryounggun
    Options
    Tymoney19 wrote: »
    Why y'all fronting like y'all never seen a ? wit a hoodie robbing a convenient store in store camera footage or never seen a movie where ? in hoods doin ? ? . Next y'all gonna tell me ski mask aren't associated with robbery

because ive seen ? in hoodies ........................................................................... not committing crime...?

Word. Couldn't even bring myself to type up this amazingly simple reply. This ? has seen THOUSANDS of ? wearing hoodies and not commuting crime. But took the few examples off hoodied criminals to condemn hoodies. Smh.
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What is the solution to all of this?????
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options

....got ya

you sound silly ... i can prove ..historically ... empirically ... that in this country people of the dominant society have not only overwhelmingly held bigoted,prejudice views towards others on a personal level but also in practice and in policy ... you cannot do that the other way around ... you have 0 ability to substantiate your claim in that way ... so no ...my comment and your comment are not on the same level.... and yes your comment is based on nothing ...
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ... THE WHITE GUY HAD TO LOOK LIKE A FREAK SHOW FOR HIM TO BE AFRAID. .. THE BLACK GUY JUST HAD TO BE BLACK

one of the realest posts in this thread is by dro?? wtf

That sums it up.Whites fear black skin.

Slavery and the the civil rights says otherwise. ..

Slavery and the civil rights era confirm the fact.

I dissagree... you don't ? / ? things you are scared of..
  • mryounggun
    Options

....got ya

you sound silly ... i can prove ..historically ... empirically ... that in this country people of the dominant society have not only overwhelmingly held bigoted,prejudice views towards others on a personal level but also in practice and in policy ... you cannot do that the other way around ... you have 0 ability to substantiate your claim in that way ... so no ...my comment and your comment are not on the same level.... and yes your comment is based on nothing ...

You really should at least to to pay attention. I said on page one that everyone has bigotry and/or prejudice.

At this point, we're just talking in circles. So you win, B.
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options
    some disgusting ? is being said in here

? are really sad in this ? mayne ....
  • VulcanRaven
    Options

Word. We're making up our own definition to fit our own narrative. Good to know. Salute.

I guess so.Prejudice is hatred.Racism is a form of prejudice.Its not fitting my narrative its pointing out the obvious cause of prejudice.
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options

....got ya

You really should at least to to pay attention. I said on page one that everyone has bigotry and/or prejudice.

can you not read ? ?

i said everybody IS NOT a bigot or prejudice

i said prove your claim that "everyone is" .... which clearly you cannot do

then you started blabbering about how ... "well you cant prove everybody ISNT a bigot either ...sooooooo really there's no way to prove it on either side" smh

bruh ...go take a nap ... your hurting your head
  • mryounggun
    Options

....got ya

can you not read ? ?

i said everybody IS NOT a bigot or prejudice

i said prove your claim that "everyone is" .... which clearly you cannot do

then you started blabbering about how ... "well you cant prove everybody ISNT a bigot either ...sooooooo really there's no way to prove it on either side" smh

bruh ...go take a nap ... your hurting your head

As of now, you haven't proved your opinion. I haven't proved mine. Cuz neither can be proved. Not sure what's so hard to understand about that. But again, you got it, B.
  • mryounggun
    Options

I guess so.Prejudice is hatred.Racism is a form of prejudice.Its not fitting my narrative its pointing out the obvious cause of prejudice.

Cool.
  • IAmDopeSmoke
    IAmDopeSmoke Members Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    White people never know when to ?