Mortal Kombat X - 4/14/2015

Options

Comments

• MorganFreemanKing
    MorganFreemanKing Members Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    once it went 3d it got wack. the stiffness of the gamplay was magnified. but i think 9 brought it back.
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Y'all delusional if y'all think mk > sf. I'll give you mk 1 cause it was new and mk 2 cause it improved on first but that's it. It didn't get good again til mk 9 and ppl don't even play that anymore. SSf2 turbo still get burn at tournaments and that game is old as ?

This. 20 years later people are still playing Super Turbo. Who still playing MK2? Hell you can barley find people playing MK9 online
  • Alkinduz
    Alkinduz Members Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MK Deception was a superb (3d) fighter, the different martial art styles per character(2 styles n 1 weapon style) and interactive levels were the ? .
  • Alkinduz
    Options
    SF fell of gameplay wise after 3rd strike, part 4 has a smaller player field(which is ? up for a 2d fighter) and less moves(parry/sprint n dash).
  • Alkinduz
    Options
    Those fellas still playing super sf turbo probably still rock walkmens lol.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The only SFs I play are the Ps1 alphas and occasionally the hd version of Turbo
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    can't wait for this. I wonder who'll be included in this game from the 3D series?
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RajaMonyet wrote: »
    SF fell of gameplay wise after 3rd strike, part 4 has a smaller player field(which is ? up for a 2d fighter) and less moves(parry/sprint n dash).

This isn't true on any account. 3rd Strike had 20 characters. The original SFIV had 19 and USFIV is up to 44. As far as moves, the original SFIV kept the dash and replaced the Parry system with the Focus system. It also added in Ultras to go along with Supers. So, the game mechanics were about even between 3rd Strike and Vanilla SFIV. Once again, SFIV had continuously evolved and had more things added, so in USFIV we see a game with more options than 3rd Strike. Even if you don't want to include USFIV, AE still had more characters and mechanics options than 3rd Strike.
  • genocidecutter
    Options
    The world needs another Samurai Shodown
  • Alkinduz
    Options

This isn't true on any account. 3rd Strike had 20 characters. The original SFIV had 19 and USFIV is up to 44. As far as moves, the original SFIV kept the dash and replaced the Parry system with the Focus system. It also added in Ultras to go along with Supers. So, the game mechanics were about even between 3rd Strike and Vanilla SFIV. Once again, SFIV had continuously evolved and had more things added, so in USFIV we see a game with more options than 3rd Strike. Even if you don't want to include USFIV, AE still had more characters and mechanics options than 3rd Strike.

Capcom dudes actually came out and said they down graded the combat compared to third strike. To make it more casual friendly lol.

having more characters doesnt make the combat better perse btw, the focus system isnt as game changing as the parry system(was). Compare fights between Hugo and Dudley(or Makoto/Akuma) with their counter parts in 4, completly different Dynamics, lack of space/sprinting(and smooth high jumps),airblocks n parries.

I had part 4 and the arcade edition, none of then was as complex as third strike was, fighting genre is One of my favourite genres, I know sf4 brought it back mainstream(Thank ? lol). If you played sf on the dreamcast like me(alpha 3,double impact, third strike, dont even mention capcom vs snk. Kof etc) sf 4 brought nothing new to the table really.

think about it, you say gameplay wise theyre fairly even....fam 3rd strike was released a decade or something like that before the AE....
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2014
    Options

Back when I was still really into fighting games (over a decade ago) I would always say that SNK fighters were superior to Capcom's. Sadly I just don't have the time to figure out 60+ moves & chain combos per character on both sides of the stage anymore.

I would say I'm more of a button masher now and MK and Smash Bros. is good enough for me when it comes to that. Sure I still have to worry about counters and air strikes and timing but not to the complex extent of Street Fighter III or King of Fighters. I still only do play fighters with joystick controllers though. That old habit dies very hard. You don't get the same fluidity with any game pad.
  • Alkinduz
    Options

exactly g, a new darkstalkers, project justice/rival schools(the proof capcom can make a solid 3d fighter).

? , we need new IPs
  • Broddie
    Options

exactly g, a new darkstalkers, project justice/rival schools(the proof capcom can make a solid 3d fighter).

? , we need new IPs

muthafuckas act like they forgot about Power Stone.
  • Alkinduz
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »

? , we need new IPs

muthafuckas act like they forgot about Power Stone.

powerstone was more of a party fighter. Im talking 3d fighter as in Soul Calibur/vf/doa etc
  • Alkinduz
    Options
    And if youre more of a button masher now, you have no bidness playing MK fam.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Alkinduz
    Options
    Lol this is serious Business Jamel, you know this maaaayne.
  • Broddie
    Options

MK9 wasn't all that complex. I'll be ok.

I could handle myself better than a casual fighting game fan I just don't have the same dedication to the genre or it's games anymore. More things to do now or even games to play with my time instead of always just practicing & observing against people online and using training mode all day.

• Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MK always has great single player modes
  • genocidecutter
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »

MK9 wasn't all that complex. I'll be ok.

I could handle myself better than a casual fighting game fan I just don't have the same dedication to the genre or it's games anymore. More things to do now or even games to play with my time instead of always just practicing & observing against people online and using training mode all day.

MK9 would have been the best if they didn't ? it up with all the patches
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Capcom dudes actually came out and said they down graded the combat compared to third strike. To make it more casual friendly lol.

having more characters doesnt make the combat better perse btw, the focus system isnt as game changing as the parry system(was). Compare fights between Hugo and Dudley(or Makoto/Akuma) with their counter parts in 4, completly different Dynamics, lack of space/sprinting(and smooth high jumps),airblocks n parries.

I had part 4 and the arcade edition, none of then was as complex as third strike was, fighting genre is One of my favourite genres, I know sf4 brought it back mainstream(Thank ? lol). If you played sf on the dreamcast like me(alpha 3,double impact, third strike, dont even mention capcom vs snk. Kof etc) sf 4 brought nothing new to the table really.

think about it, you say gameplay wise theyre fairly even....fam 3rd strike was released a decade or something like that before the AE....

1) Capcom came out and said they made the fighting more accessible. They didn't say they downgraded the combat.

2) You were the one that implied that fewer fighters were part of the downgrade. And go look at the matchup charts for SFIV. It's considered one of the most balanced fighting games out there, so I'm not sure what point you're trying to make.

3) It's fine that you have the opinion that Third Strke is so much more complex than IV. Just know that it's your opinion and not some kinda undisputed fact. If it was, IV would be forgotten as far as the competitive scene goes and 3rd strike would still be big. The fact that IV is always tops at the fighting game tournaments means that the pro players gravitated to the new game. That wouldn't have happened if IV was as inferior as you're suggesting.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    3rd strike is NOT as deep as sf4, people stopped saying that after Vanilla sf4
  • Alkinduz
    Options
    3rd strike flopped, allmost killed the franchise, only a handfull of people were playing it and it wasnt exactly new anymore when part 4 dropped, after 10 years people wanna play something else lol. Game was released in 99...

Ono and other Capcom heads(and most people that actually played the games) claimed that 3rd strike is/was more complex then 4.

I meant playing field/level space monk, there is less space in 4,hence why you cant sprint etc.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wouldn't be surprised if that's actual game footage.