Mortal Kombat X - 4/14/2015

Options

Comments

• Stomp Johnson
    Stomp Johnson Members, Writer Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I got a feeling Liu Kang is making a heel turn.
  • OmegaConflict
    OmegaConflict Members Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blu197 wrote: »
    I gotta pass on this one although the fatalities are better and I dig the interactive environments n ? but when I see ? like this [img]https://scontent-a-lax.? .fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/t31.0-8/1462790_10152590525891756_5673474227772721005_o.jpg[/img]
    Wtf is that? wasp ? . Nah im not ? with that

Also there's a chance my ? Lui Kang might not be in this ? b/c it's 25 years after the last MK.. I think it's a guarantee that Cage isn't in it

Well a lot of the cast did die in MK9 but Boon said some will reappear, they'll just be older. Also some how sub-zero is back...so I guess that means someone from the Lin Kuei took up the mantle or somehow he got revived.

I got a headache reading this confusing ?
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • afro thunder
    afro thunder Members Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blu197 wrote: »
    I gotta pass on this one although the fatalities are better and I dig the interactive environments n ? but when I see ? like this [img]https://scontent-a-lax.? .fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/t31.0-8/1462790_10152590525891756_5673474227772721005_o.jpg[/img]

Also there's a chance my ? Lui Kang might not be in this ? b/c it's 25 years after the last MK.. I think it's a guarantee that Cage isn't in it

They could bring back zombie Liu Kang.
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Alkinduz
    Alkinduz Members Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hopefully og Havok is making a comeback.
  • Phantom Pain
    Phantom Pain Members Posts: 678 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://youtu.be/31ve-SKVow8

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wonder if it's really a good move to make three versions of each character. If they could squeeze all of those moves into one version and basically make it so that every character has a tekken/soul calibur level move list, it would make the game a lot more interesting in the long run.
  • blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A ? that masters Raiden will be lethal af
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah raiden got some nice combos
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Shut yo ass up you complaining about one character you still gonna get the game anyway
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I dunno. I was a big fan of MK9, but something about X...I'm just not sold yet.
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's next gen the x ray ? should be permanent
    If you break a ? jaw that ? should be hanging off

Or if you break arms they should be dangling which would make the damage reduced

If that was to happen they should be harder to pull off and I understand it's a game but it should serve a bigger purpose than just looking good
  • The Lonious Monk
    edited July 2014
    Options
    J-Breezy wrote: »

Or if you break arms they should be dangling which would make the damage reduced

If that was to happen they should be harder to pull off and I understand it's a game but it should serve a bigger purpose than just looking good

That's interesting. Permanent damage isn't new to fighting games either. For example, in Bushido Blade if you cut their leg then they had a limp or if you cut their arm, they couldn't use their weapon properly.

That said, most of those X-ray moves are basically Fatalities, so any attempt to implement permanent effects would probably seem kinda silly.
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    J-Breezy wrote: »

That's interesting. Permanent damage isn't new to fighting games either. For example, in Bushido Blade if you cut their leg then they had a limp or if you cut their arm, they couldn't use their weapon properly.

That said, most of those X-ray moves are basically Fatalities, so any attempt to implement permanent effects would probably seem kinda silly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFZSzjSkaiE

Loved that game
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I used to play Bushido Blade all the time against my high school friends back then. One hit kills were GOAT. No ? just a lot of evading.

Can't front I'm feeling the chain lightning combo ability they gave Raiden now. Seems like such an obvious gameplay mechanic in retrospect it makes you wonder how it took them so long to come up with it.
  • OmegaConflict
    Options
    One thing I didn't like about mk9 is that you couldnt use any of the bosses. I wanted to do some damage with that ? Hammer. I hope hes in mkX if not ? this game.
  • OmegaConflict
    Options
    So liu kang is the final boss in this one. Coo
  • freshb651
    freshb651 Members Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Raiden looks unstoppable
  • Alkinduz
    Options
    So wait you pick a fighting style before the fight? Cant switch styles during ala mk deception? That seems weak af maaaayne

whats the point of having multiple arts per character but arent able to switch up during kombat?
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Alkinduz wrote: »
    So wait you pick a fighting style before the fight? Cant switch styles during ala mk deception? That seems weak af maaaayne

whats the point of having multiple arts per character but arent able to switch up during kombat?

It doesn't sound that bad. They did the same thing in Samurai Shodown IV, and it was kinda tight.
  • blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

B/c it'll make ? like Raiden and Shang Tsung (hasn't been announced yet but should be in b/c he's immortal) damn near unbeatable...
  • Alkinduz
    Options

It doesn't sound that bad. They did the same thing in Samurai Shodown IV, and it was kinda tight.

yeah I liked that you could switch up styles during mk deception, creates more depth in game imo, since its mk, I thought they went the deception route for a min...

shiiiiit, changing stance midgame was the ? , played deception on and off for a couple years with my bro on xbox