• a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BarryHalls wrote: »
    JerryNoir wrote: »
    We need to stay out and find new sources of oil

910-USA-Oil-Production.jpg

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/10/15/us-oil-pira-idUSL1N0I51IX20131015

this meme should add a disclaimer,stating that the oil produced is sold on the world market

than I guess another disclaimer may needed to explain exactly what that means(?)
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    a.mann wrote: »
    And to be honest here
    one really shows their ignorance and lack of worldly experience

if he or she can not see why an all out war
    between sunni vs shia is bad not just for the U.S. interest but inevitably the entire world's

I agree that an all out sunni vs shia war would be horrible for the world economy and from a humanitarian stand point. What I don't see is how United States involvement would make it less bad. Not like we have a history of coming to the middle east and cleaning ? up.
  • Stiff
    Options
    zombie wrote: »
    Stiff wrote: »
    as good as it might sound to say just leave them alone and let them fight it out i don't think that would be a good idea because this could turn into a sunni vs shia religious war real quick. This group does not just want to take iraq they want syria also. Iran will back the shia and the arabia states will back the sunni.

this ? could get real ugly.

Sound like a win-win to me. Let them squab it out and whoever come out on top send them a gift basket and call it a day.

No because it's just going to spread to other places in the middle east and who ever comes out on top might be worse than the people we have to deal with now and not only that they will be much stronger. What the people who follow this islamic fundamentalist ideology want is basically a kaliphate which would be a another islamic super state like the ottoman empire used to be. The world does not need that ? now things are to unstable

Whoever comes out on top would most likely be weaker because of years of warfare. I doubt any involved party would completely and definitively crush opposition and completely consolidate power. United States has the most powerful and well funded military in the world and we couldn't even do that. Western world should be more concerned about them uniting than them fighting if anything.

They won't be weaker they would have battle hard veterans and ? control of almost all of the worlds oil this group for the most part has already crushed iraq if someone does not stop them they are not going to stop. we can't consolidate power there because we are not muslims and we are not of there world.

The atrocities that ISIS have unleashed thus far are bound to create a bitter divide even worse than what's present now between Shiites and Sunnis. I can't imagine Shiites accepting rule under these Sunni extremists. Iran has a relatively sophisticated military and they're getting involved on behalf of the Sunni dominated Iraqi government so that'll be an added dimension. This won't be a quick war by any means if it pops off. There's a ton of division now even between these various jihad groups. That doesn't even bring the heavily armed Kurds into the equation who have quietly been watching the chaos unfold but ready for battle to pop off if need be.

The United States getting back in at least overtly won't help us at all. The chances of a united Caliphate on the scale of the Ottoman Empire emerging out of this are extremely slim. None of those guys get along with each other enough for that to happen. The Jihad movement over there is getting more splintered by the day.

The caliphate is a long term goal of those people, and if someone does not step in soon the war will be over they have almost the entire country already. I doubt they will ? with the kurds now but if they overthrow this government it's only a matter of time. Their goal is to get iraq and syria if they can do that then get the other sunni states to recognize them as a legitimate government. IRAN won't be able to get involved without causing a major incident with the other sunni states. and until i read something credible about various jihad groups fighting each other the fact that they don't always agree on every little thing is meaningless.

Clashes between ISIS, Al-Qaeda affiliates (Al-Nusra), and Hezbollah are well documented especially in the Syrian civil war. Here are just a couple articles

http://english.al-akhbar.com/content/hezbollah-fighters-and-jihadis-mad-drugged-homicidal-and-hungry

http://www.dailystar.com.lb/News/Middle-East/2014/Jun-18/260556-isis-rebel-clashes-resume-in-deir-al-zor.ashx#axzz358EoAI1P

These guys are past just minor misunderstandings with each other. They are at a level of overt hostility and even bloodshed.

Hezbollah is a shia organization so they should be fighting isis and any sunni group anyway and at this point i really don't think isis needs to be worried by al nusra for very long IF they can take over a whole nation i don't think al nusra will pose much of a problem very long

If ISIS wants to gain control of Syria they would have to contend with Al-Nusra and ultimately Al-Qaeda. A power struggle between Al-Qaeda and ISIS is emerging because ISIS started as a branch of Al-Qaeda but now is growing in influence. It's even been reported that ISIS has become the wealthiest Jihad group in the world with a value of around 4 Billion in us dollars. Al-Qaeda has already disavowed them and they're supposed to be on the same side (both anti-west Sunnis). Like I said, things are getting splintered over there. I don't think there's anything for the U.S. to do in this at this point. It's becoming a mess and the U.S. has no true allies over there. Any alignment would be a "less of two evils" scenario. We don't even have faith in the Iraqi government that WE established, which is now allied with Iran.

The way I see it the worse case scenario would be for ISIS to topple the Iraqi government and have control over Iraq in a similar fashion the Taliban had control over Afghanistan prior to the U.S invasion. Then again, I don't see Iran allowing that to happen as they've already committed to assist the Iraqi government. U.S doesn't need to take the lead on this one.

Sunnis, Shiites, and Kurds could never be united under a single Caliphate led by ISIS because ISIS is 100% anti-shia. They have no tolerance for them at all as evidenced by these mass executions that have been reported by ISIS of Shia Iraqi government forces. And it won't be long before Kurds enter the fray and that guarantees even further bloodshed.

The vast majority of the shia live in iran and the rest of the muslim world is sunni and they would love a kailphate most of these arab nations are under kings or dictators anyway. So you can leave OUT iran and turkey they are too powerful to take over but the rest of it could fall if isis is not stopped.

If iran goes into iraq and does the wrong thing it's going twist of of control and this could become a proxy war between saudi arabia and iran.

So what do you think U.S. should do? Reinvade Iraq? Airstrikes? To what extent do you believe U.S be in the picture here
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is between the shiites and sunnis in iraq. Isis isnt gonna touch the kurds cause the kurds are the only group with a well trained battle proven and independent army in iraq. I think eventually the US and Turkey are gonna ask the Kurds to get involved in Iraq. Problem with that is Turkey and Iran dont want the Kurds to gain anymore power in the middle east.

The kurdish militia in Syria already ? Isis up when they tried to cross over to the Kurdish part of Syria.

Its very interesting to see what happens. I wonder what the Kurds are gonna try to gain out of this. In syria Assad gave them control of the Kurdish populated area to take care of these ? and they did. I wonder whats gonna happen to Iraq, with 2 sides killing eachother, and the Kurds who are the stronger side, especially since their backed by the US sitting back and watching, itll be interesting if they get involved.
  • Stiff
    Options
    AZTG wrote: »
    This is between the shiites and sunnis in iraq. Isis isnt gonna touch the kurds cause the kurds are the only group with a well trained battle proven and independent army in iraq. I think eventually the US and Turkey are gonna ask the Kurds to get involved in Iraq. Problem with that is Turkey and Iran dont want the Kurds to gain anymore power in the middle east.

The kurdish militia in Syria already ? Isis up when they tried to cross over to the Kurdish part of Syria.

Its very interesting to see what happens. I wonder what the Kurds are gonna try to gain out of this. In syria Assad gave them control of the Kurdish populated area to take care of these ? and they did. I wonder whats gonna happen to Iraq, with 2 sides killing eachother, and the Kurds who are the stronger side, especially since their backed by the US sitting back and watching, itll be interesting if they get involved.

Yep ur right because so far the Kurds have already used this conflict as an opportunity in Iraq to quietly expand their territory into disputed areas. They're like the sleeping giant right now and kind of an x-factor in the whole thing.
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AZTG wrote: »

Yep ur right because so far the Kurds have already used this conflict as an opportunity in Iraq to quietly expand their territory into disputed areas. They're like the sleeping giant right now and kind of an x-factor in the whole thing.

Problem is the kurds are divided between 4 countries, iraq, syria, turkey and iran. Now in iraq they got autonomy and syria they beat back the syrian oppisition and took control of their land and oil. So now the kurds are in control of the oil in iraq and syria.

Problem is the biggest kurdish population is in Turkey and in turn they have lots of internal conflicts. Now the US is backing the Kurds but Turkey and Iran dont want them to get stronger.

So its interesting to see what will happen here.
  • brown321
    brown321 Members Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Y'all muthafuckas must get your headlines from facebook. They don't have any damn Chemical weapons.

I bet y'all think the drinking age was just raised to 25 too.

Did you know 31 soldiers were killed yesterday & the media completely ignored it?

Y'all probably believed this one too

It is official it was even on the news. Facebook will start charging due to the new profile changes. If you copy this on your wall your icon will turn blue and facebook will be free for you. please pass this message on if not your account will be deleted if you don't pay

It would be breaking news everywhere if these dudes got chemical weapons.

Signs of the times........

The hook is being laid out and the trap is being set. Amen.

The 874200134th sign since the beginning of human history.

Select signs from the past:

#637 The first meteor shower "The lawwd is mad at us! You can see his sparks of rage."
    #597996071 "They let them damn slaves be free? The lawwd is a comin"
    #874186699 " He swiped a credit card thru that girls behind on national tv? Better repent now the lawwd's tiis near."
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You sound upset
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    brown321 wrote: »
    Y'all muthafuckas must get your headlines from facebook. They don't have any damn Chemical weapons.

Did you know 31 soldiers were killed yesterday & the media completely ignored it?

It is official it was even on the news. Facebook will start charging due to the new profile changes. If you copy this on your wall your icon will turn blue and facebook will be free for you. please pass this message on if not your account will be deleted if you don't pay

#637 The first meteor shower "The lawwd is mad at us! You can see his sparks of rage."
    #874186699 " He swiped a credit card thru that girls behind on national tv? Better repent now the lawwd's tiis near."

Your soul, not mine. So if you get caught with your pants down, SOL for you. Can't say I didn't warn you. Amen.
  • brown321
    brown321 Members Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    brown321 wrote: »

Your soul, not mine. So if you get caught with your pants down, SOL for you. Can't say I didn't warn you. Amen.

You might be right but y'all way of mentioning it anytime something happens given thinking people "boy cried wolf" syndrome.

Y'all to guess on right & then everyone will listen to what you have to say.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    as good as it might sound to say just leave them alone and let them fight it out i don't think that would be a good idea because this could turn into a sunni vs shia religious war real quick. This group does not just want to take iraq they want syria also. Iran will back the shia and the arabia states will back the sunni.

this ? could get real ugly.

Sound like a win-win to me. Let them squab it out and whoever come out on top send them a gift basket and call it a day.

No because it's just going to spread to other places in the middle east and who ever comes out on top might be worse than the people we have to deal with now and not only that they will be much stronger. What the people who follow this islamic fundamentalist ideology want is basically a kaliphate which would be a another islamic super state like the ottoman empire used to be. The world does not need that ? now things are to unstable

Whoever comes out on top would most likely be weaker because of years of warfare. I doubt any involved party would completely and definitively crush opposition and completely consolidate power. United States has the most powerful and well funded military in the world and we couldn't even do that. Western world should be more concerned about them uniting than them fighting if anything.

They won't be weaker they would have battle hard veterans and ? control of almost all of the worlds oil this group for the most part has already crushed iraq if someone does not stop them they are not going to stop. we can't consolidate power there because we are not muslims and we are not of there world.

The atrocities that ISIS have unleashed thus far are bound to create a bitter divide even worse than what's present now between Shiites and Sunnis. I can't imagine Shiites accepting rule under these Sunni extremists. Iran has a relatively sophisticated military and they're getting involved on behalf of the Sunni dominated Iraqi government so that'll be an added dimension. This won't be a quick war by any means if it pops off. There's a ton of division now even between these various jihad groups. That doesn't even bring the heavily armed Kurds into the equation who have quietly been watching the chaos unfold but ready for battle to pop off if need be.

The United States getting back in at least overtly won't help us at all. The chances of a united Caliphate on the scale of the Ottoman Empire emerging out of this are extremely slim. None of those guys get along with each other enough for that to happen. The Jihad movement over there is getting more splintered by the day.

The caliphate is a long term goal of those people, and if someone does not step in soon the war will be over they have almost the entire country already. I doubt they will ? with the kurds now but if they overthrow this government it's only a matter of time. Their goal is to get iraq and syria if they can do that then get the other sunni states to recognize them as a legitimate government. IRAN won't be able to get involved without causing a major incident with the other sunni states. and until i read something credible about various jihad groups fighting each other the fact that they don't always agree on every little thing is meaningless.

Clashes between ISIS, Al-Qaeda affiliates (Al-Nusra), and Hezbollah are well documented especially in the Syrian civil war. Here are just a couple articles

http://english.al-akhbar.com/content/hezbollah-fighters-and-jihadis-mad-drugged-homicidal-and-hungry

http://www.dailystar.com.lb/News/Middle-East/2014/Jun-18/260556-isis-rebel-clashes-resume-in-deir-al-zor.ashx#axzz358EoAI1P

These guys are past just minor misunderstandings with each other. They are at a level of overt hostility and even bloodshed.

Hezbollah is a shia organization so they should be fighting isis and any sunni group anyway and at this point i really don't think isis needs to be worried by al nusra for very long IF they can take over a whole nation i don't think al nusra will pose much of a problem very long

If ISIS wants to gain control of Syria they would have to contend with Al-Nusra and ultimately Al-Qaeda. A power struggle between Al-Qaeda and ISIS is emerging because ISIS started as a branch of Al-Qaeda but now is growing in influence. It's even been reported that ISIS has become the wealthiest Jihad group in the world with a value of around 4 Billion in us dollars. Al-Qaeda has already disavowed them and they're supposed to be on the same side (both anti-west Sunnis). Like I said, things are getting splintered over there. I don't think there's anything for the U.S. to do in this at this point. It's becoming a mess and the U.S. has no true allies over there. Any alignment would be a "less of two evils" scenario. We don't even have faith in the Iraqi government that WE established, which is now allied with Iran.

The way I see it the worse case scenario would be for ISIS to topple the Iraqi government and have control over Iraq in a similar fashion the Taliban had control over Afghanistan prior to the U.S invasion. Then again, I don't see Iran allowing that to happen as they've already committed to assist the Iraqi government. U.S doesn't need to take the lead on this one.

Sunnis, Shiites, and Kurds could never be united under a single Caliphate led by ISIS because ISIS is 100% anti-shia. They have no tolerance for them at all as evidenced by these mass executions that have been reported by ISIS of Shia Iraqi government forces. And it won't be long before Kurds enter the fray and that guarantees even further bloodshed.

The vast majority of the shia live in iran and the rest of the muslim world is sunni and they would love a kailphate most of these arab nations are under kings or dictators anyway. So you can leave OUT iran and turkey they are too powerful to take over but the rest of it could fall if isis is not stopped.

If iran goes into iraq and does the wrong thing it's going twist of of control and this could become a proxy war between saudi arabia and iran.

So what do you think U.S. should do? Reinvade Iraq? Airstrikes? To what extent do you believe U.S be in the picture here

reinvade strategic areas and use airstrikes to help the Iraq army fight isis everywhere else
  • zombie
    edited June 2014
    Options
    BOMB THEM OR NOT these people are going to hate the west no matter what we do so we might as well bomb them. leaving these people alone would be like leaving a wound alone until maggots start eating you alive.

we leave them alone they fight amongst each other until someone comes out on top and is even more powerful.
  • zombie
    edited June 2014
    Options
    BOMB THEM OR NOT these people are going to hate the west no matter what we do so we might as well bomb them. leaving these people alone would be like leaving a wound alone until maggots start eating you alive.

we leave them alone they fight amongst each other until someone comes out on top and is even more powerful.

"They hate us for bombing them and selling bombs to other countries that bomb them... so let's bomb them some more!"

Put a pile of newspaper in your room. Light it. Then keep spraying lighter fluid on it every 30 seconds. That's the small scale version of what American has been doing for the last 30 years. Iran Contra, Gulf War, Israeli conflict, Gaza Strip, Tomahawk missiles after the failed assassination of George Bush Sr, the unsanctioned invasion of Afghanistan and Iraq, martyring their leaders who now mean more in death as symbols of the struggle and victims for the cause... do you not understand this has not helped?

You are not built for this thinking, your reductive logic is basic as ? .

Lay off the geopolitics if it's beyond you.

Go watch some VICE on HBO at the very least about how this ? is not helping. The Fallujah Fallout is the unspoken of Hiroshima the US committed in the Middle East. Children are being born without legs, eyes and organs, you think their parents are going to forgive and forget or should we bomb them to death so the problem doesn't exist?

Jesus, you're an idiot.

they hate us for bombing them but it's too late to cry about that now they are not going to stop hating us now matter what we do.

WHAT america should do is burn them till they can't burn any longer, i study a lot of history and for some people there is only one way to bring your order to them, you have to ? them into submission. IF THE parents of the children killed and mutilated want to have any children left they would except the new order. It's what the romans would do it's what the british empire would do. America however seems to be lacking the correct conviction to to what's needed and that's why we keep having this problem every 30 years america is not going hard enough and that;s why the problems in the middle east don't get solved

AND can you ? off with your superiority complex i've already told you i am not impressed by you.
  • zombie
    Options
    It's too late to think we can just pack up and leave the middle east to take care of it's on problems, in the hopes that by doing so those nut jobs won't do something to ? up the worldwide economy up or worse we could have conflict sprawl. America is look weak as ? right now
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's too late to think we can just pack up and leave the middle east to take care of it's on problems, in the hopes that by doing so those nut jobs won't do something to ? up the worldwide economy up or worse we could have conflict sprawl. America is look weak as ? right now

So you feel we Americans should hammer them and obliterate them off of the map?
  • zombie
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Mr.LV wrote: »

So you feel we Americans should hammer them and obliterate them off of the map?

Unless we can think of a better way yes, this ? is not going away until the world deals with fundamentalist islam we need to defeat this ? head on with no mercy the same way we dealt with communism. innocent people will die but tuff ? for them it would be bad business for world if we just allow these people to do what they do.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    The Middle East were fighting long before the USA got involved, the only reason they continue to intervene is because Dubai, Saudi Arabia and the UAE get worried now and then the terrorists will expand their plans, so they call up America to do the clean up jobs because they'd rather build mansions and leisure ships.

Western intervention at this point empowers the terrorists, they see Saudi weapons with American branding, they blame America. America bombs them directly, they curse the Western Devils.

We are not heroes to them. We are the folks who invaded them, bombed the ? out of them, sold weapons to their enemies, drone strike their towns and villages... ever since Iran Contra the sentiment has only been getting worse and worse.

Can we intervene? Sure. Is it sensible to intervene? No. Between 9/11 and the Boston bombings I think it is clear we're pouring gasoline on the fire at this point. The extremist are getting so extreme, other extremists are denouncing them. That's how ? crazy it is and they are fighting with each other over Allah's true intent but unite like Voltron against America and coalition forces.

They will keep fighting as they have for centuries now. Getting involved on some World Police ? if the UN aren't asking for a coalition of the willing is just a waste of time and money, it just leads to even more hatred.

You speaking all this truth, can't you see that we are approaching the END!!!!!!
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options

The hook is being cast. Babylon will fall hook, line, and sinker. Amen
  • zombie
    Options

The hook is being cast. Babylon will fall hook, line, and sinker. Amen

Babylon is mecca, it will be destroyed just like islamic prophecy and bible prophecy says it will eventually ushering in what christians will call the anti-christ and who muslims will call the mahdi, the person they will call jesus christians will know him as the false prophet.

if you study their prophecies and you study ours from a middle eastern perspective you will see this because it's clear as day .
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    Can't wait until they start using them.

The US will be in Iraq again before next year, more Bechtel and Lockheed Martin contracts....

More soldiers coming back with scrambled brains and a diminished national infrastructure.

Should be a fun news cycle.

If you stay in America, this will mean higher taxes, horrible traffic and maybe another recession.

You cool with that?
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Most of you posters talk like you want anarchy but have no idea the outcome.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    caddo man wrote: »
    Most of you posters talk like you want anarchy but have no idea the outcome.

Tell us how another American invasion will fix things
  • zombie
    Options

"They hate us for bombing them and selling bombs to other countries that bomb them... so let's bomb them some more!"

Put a pile of newspaper in your room. Light it. Then keep spraying lighter fluid on it every 30 seconds. That's the small scale version of what American has been doing for the last 30 years. Iran Contra, Gulf War, Israeli conflict, Gaza Strip, Tomahawk missiles after the failed assassination of George Bush Sr, the unsanctioned invasion of Afghanistan and Iraq, martyring their leaders who now mean more in death as symbols of the struggle and victims for the cause... do you not understand this has not helped?

You are not built for this thinking, your reductive logic is basic as ? .

Lay off the geopolitics if it's beyond you.

Go watch some VICE on HBO at the very least about how this ? is not helping. The Fallujah Fallout is the unspoken of Hiroshima the US committed in the Middle East. Children are being born without legs, eyes and organs, you think their parents are going to forgive and forget or should we bomb them to death so the problem doesn't exist?

Jesus, you're an idiot.

they hate us for bombing them but it's too late to cry about that now they are not going to stop hating us now matter what we do.

WHAT america should do is burn them till they can't burn any longer, i study a lot of history and for some people there is only one way to bring your order to them, you have to ? them into submission. IF THE parents of the children killed and mutilated want to have any children left they would except the new order. It's what the romans would do it's what the british empire would do. America however seems to be lacking the correct conviction to to what's needed and that's why we keep having this problem every 30 years america is not going hard enough and that;s why the problems in the middle east don't get solved

AND can you ? off with your superiority complex i've already told you i am not impressed by you.

So the solution to bring peace to the Middle East is to ? everyone that lives there who happen to be fighting an unending religious driven conflict even though America really only has interests there because of the Saudi investment element? Because America's only business there is because of oil magnates worried about their lands getting caught up in the conflict.

You do realise those empires died out, right? Rebellion forced the collapse of them. They were not successful, so why repeat the mistakes made in history? Those who don't learn from it are doomed to repeat it and you're advocating that. How stupid are you?

You know who else thought genocide was an answer? ? . Congratulations, you want America to act like ? Germany with the Jews replaced by Muslims. Bomb them to death? Brilliant idea, I guess gas chambers do take a while and Guantanamo is already kind of full. Stack them like they did in Abu Gharib too, shall we? They did in Auschwitz so why not?

I hope no one let's you operate heavy machinery.

I'm not here to impress you, your simple mind can't grasp the basics so how could you appreciate something greater? Ants don't give a ? about the Louvre either.

those empires died out but after hundreds of years. the way America is going it won't last as long. can you stop the straw man and red hearing argument I never advocated ? style genocide. only the genocide of those who fight us. if you pick up arms you die. if you don't submit you die. if you submit you and your family can live to the fullest.

the problem with American policy is we keep pretending to be peacekeepers when we should be conquers then we can bring peace