Iraq crisis: Isis jihadists 'seize Saddam Hussein's chemical weapons stockpile'

Options

Comments

• kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Even John Kerry, who like a ? ? voted for the war in Iraq, is admitting that bombing ISIS now would be a huge mistake without an Iraqi force that can back us up. He rightly says we can't do everything alone....

And 75% of Americans now state the war in Iraq wasn't worth the costs. And 77% of Americans state America SHOULD NOT send American troops back to that ? forsaken place known as Iraq

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/most-americans-say-iraq-war-wasnt-worth-the-costs-poll/

Discussions of U.S. involvement in stemming the violence in Iraq are occurring amid a backdrop of highly negative views of the Iraq war, a new CBS News/New York Times poll out Monday reveals.

Just 18 percent of Americans think the result of the war in Iraq was worth the loss of American lives and other costs of attacking Iraq, the lowest percentage ever recorded in CBS News Polls. Seventy-five percent do not think the Iraq War was worth it, up eight percentage points since 2011

Large majorities (77 percent), however, oppose sending U.S. ground troops into Iraq -- something President Obama has said the U.S. will not do.

77% of Americans and Obama agree with me....thank ? . I can really relax on the beach this weekend now. I still feel sad that America lost so much and gained so little from all the blood, money, and tears we spent, same with the million Iraqi civilians who died due to American greed and ? for power. And now, we have people who are angrier at America worldwide then ever before....good job Bush.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2014
    Options
    @Zombie

America is rich but not invincible, the Romans had no competition for a long time and neither did the British. And guess what? The British outspent themselves and so did the Romans. They went bankrupt with neverending wars and created so many enemies it became a drain to the national economy. Which is exactly what is happening in America now, despite you being in denial about it.

You're failing to learn the lessons from history, which is that deficit spending in the long term ruins nations. You have an MBA so I'm shocked you're not understanding the dire situation America is in. I've talked to people like you who have on rose colored glasses and I assume you are very well off, which is good. I'm doing pretty good for myself too. But the avg American is suffering in many ways, the cost of living is going up more then it needs to due the dollar decreasing in value due to so much debt and deficit spending. You say America will be fine, not if we keep spending trillions on wars LOL. ? Cheney said deficits don't matter, but he was dead wrong. The avg American knows how devastating the debt is. When rent and basic costs are increasing higher and higher and wages remain stagnant for the avg person, it is NOT a sign America is doing fine. Polls show 60% of Americans believe the American Dream is dead or out of reach. Think about that before you say "America will be fine". It won't be fine if we bankrupt ourselves again with another wasteful war, when protecting the homeland better is a cheaper option.

As far as Israel, well if they wana use WMDs because they feel so threatened, then so be it. AGAIN, we can't babysit everybody. WMD use would be devastating in the region but the ? Cheney attitude in life has been a disaster, and you seem to be thinking like ? Cheney now. Neverending wars creates.....neverending wars. Enough.

You know how you stop never ending wars?? by totally destroying the enemy not by backing down when a fight is inevitable and a fight with islam is inevitable, That's the lesson we need to learn from history. we went through this ? in ww2, no one wanted to fight but we had to do it. The situation is not as dire as you think it is we have the tools to fix the problems. Just look at where we were a few years ago, things are not as bad as you think it is, the stock market is up jobs numbers are up meanwhile everyone else is not doing as good. these are good long term signs for the american economy and the deficit is falling

The average american is not an macroeconomist they can only see what they can feel, our leadership has to see the wider picture so while things may not be the best for the man on the street, we still have to do what we have to do, now we can adapt and change how we do it but it must be done, so that later on down the line we can give that man and his children the chance for a better life. The use of wmd in the middle east would be the worst thing for the world wide economy, because best believe mecca will be hit and muslims world-wide would go insane.
  • zombie
    Options
    Even John Kerry, who like a ? ? voted for the war in Iraq, is admitting that bombing ISIS now would be a huge mistake without an Iraqi force that can back us up. He rightly says we can't do everything alone....

And 75% of Americans now state the war in Iraq wasn't worth the costs. And 77% of Americans state America SHOULD NOT send American troops back to that ? forsaken place known as Iraq

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/most-americans-say-iraq-war-wasnt-worth-the-costs-poll/

Discussions of U.S. involvement in stemming the violence in Iraq are occurring amid a backdrop of highly negative views of the Iraq war, a new CBS News/New York Times poll out Monday reveals.

Just 18 percent of Americans think the result of the war in Iraq was worth the loss of American lives and other costs of attacking Iraq, the lowest percentage ever recorded in CBS News Polls. Seventy-five percent do not think the Iraq War was worth it, up eight percentage points since 2011

Large majorities (77 percent), however, oppose sending U.S. ground troops into Iraq -- something President Obama has said the U.S. will not do.

77% of Americans and Obama agree with me....thank ? . I can really relax on the beach this weekend now. I still feel sad that America lost so much and gained so little from all the blood, money, and tears we spent, same with the million Iraqi civilians who died due to American greed and ? for power. And now, we have people who are angrier at America worldwide then ever before....good job Bush.

Yeah but the average american is not very bright and had very little knowledge of the world, just give them a map and you will see what i mean
  • kingblaze84
    edited June 2014
    Options
    zombie wrote: »
    @Zombie

America is rich but not invincible, the Romans had no competition for a long time and neither did the British. And guess what? The British outspent themselves and so did the Romans. They went bankrupt with neverending wars and created so many enemies it became a drain to the national economy. Which is exactly what is happening in America now, despite you being in denial about it.

You're failing to learn the lessons from history, which is that deficit spending in the long term ruins nations. You have an MBA so I'm shocked you're not understanding the dire situation America is in. I've talked to people like you who have on rose colored glasses and I assume you are very well off, which is good. I'm doing pretty good for myself too. But the avg American is suffering in many ways, the cost of living is going up more then it needs to due the dollar decreasing in value due to so much debt and deficit spending. You say America will be fine, not if we keep spending trillions on wars LOL. ? Cheney said deficits don't matter, but he was dead wrong. The avg American knows how devastating the debt is. When rent and basic costs are increasing higher and higher and wages remain stagnant for the avg person, it is NOT a sign America is doing fine. Polls show 60% of Americans believe the American Dream is dead or out of reach. Think about that before you say "America will be fine". It won't be fine if we bankrupt ourselves again with another wasteful war, when protecting the homeland better is a cheaper option.

As far as Israel, well if they wana use WMDs because they feel so threatened, then so be it. AGAIN, we can't babysit everybody. WMD use would be devastating in the region but the ? Cheney attitude in life has been a disaster, and you seem to be thinking like ? Cheney now. Neverending wars creates.....neverending wars. Enough.

You know how you stop never ending wars?? by totally destroying the enemy not by backing down when a fight is inevitable and a fight with islam is inevitable, That's the lesson we need to learn from history. we went through this ? in ww2, no one wanted to fight but we had to do it. The situation is not as dire as you think it is we have the tools to fix the problems. Just look at where we were a few years ago, things are not as bad as you think it is, the stock market is up jobs numbers are up meanwhile everyone else is not doing as good. these are good long term signs for the american economy and the deficit is falling

The average american is not an macroeconomist they can only see what they can feel, our leadership has to see the wider picture so while things may not be the best for the man on the street, we still have to do what we have to do, now we can adapt and change how we do it but it must be done, so that later on down the line we can give that man and his children the chance for a better life. The use of wmd in the middle east would be the worst thing for the world wide economy, because best believe mecca will be hit and muslims world-wide would go insane.

You can't destroy every single terrorist in the world, just like you can't destroy every ? or serial killer in the world. As far as Islamists, yes many are threats and if any try to hurt the homeland, boom we ? them. But America's financial house is not in order, so long wars will be hard to sell to people now. In fact, it will be impossible. America's deficit has fallen a bit but our DEBT is GROWING. NOT SHRINKING, it's 17 trillion now, up 3 trillion just 2 years ago. It's a slow moving disaster that is already ruining lives all across America, hence why 60% of Americans think the American Dream is dead. I know a Jamaican woman who moved here not long ago and she said it's a nightmare living here. I told her that's what happens when a nation is 17 trillion under debt, cost of living is ridiculous. Benefits are being cut to the poor and elderly, this is all getting out of hand.

If Israel is stupid enough to use WMD and they hit Mecca, HAHAHA!!!!! Then the Arabs will go nutty and chase Israelis to the seas. Jews who live anywhere NEAR Arab nations or neighborhoods will face pogroms that haven't been seen since the 1400s. If that's what they want to do, fine. I would then fear home grown terror increasing in American shores but HEY!!! That's what America and its stupid ? govt gets for protecting and defending everything Israel does all the time. You lay with germs, you get ? .......
  • kingblaze84
    edited June 2014
    Options

Yeah but the average american is not very bright and had very little knowledge of the world, just give them a map and you will see what i mean

True but it would still be AMERICANS who would die and shed blood in another wasteful and neverending war. You and ? Cheney want Americans to do ALL the hard work and ALL the fighting. ? THAT. It's someone else's turn. We protect the homeland, which you admit is safe. Enough. So yes, the American opinion counts.
  • zombie
    Options
    @Zombie

You can't destroy every single terrorist in the world, just like you can't destroy every ? or serial killer in the world. As far as Islamists, yes many are threats and if any try to hurt the homeland, boom we ? them. But America's financial house is not in order, so long wars will be hard to sell to people now. In fact, it will be impossible. America's deficit has fallen a bit but our DEBT is GROWING. NOT SHRINKING, it's 17 trillion now, up 3 trillion just 2 years ago. It's a slow moving disaster that is already ruining lives all across America, hence why 60% of Americans think the American Dream is dead. I know a Jamaican woman who moved here not long ago and she said it's a nightmare living here. I told her that's what happens when a nation is 17 trillion under debt, cost of living is ridiculous. Benefits are being cut to the poor and elderly, this is all getting out of hand.

If Israel is stupid enough to use WMD and they hit Mecca, HAHAHA!!!!! Then the Arabs will go nutty and chase Israelis to the seas. Jews who live anywhere NEAR Arab nations or neighborhoods will face pogroms that haven't been seen since the 1400s. If that's what they want to do, fine. I would then fear home grown terror increasing in American shores but HEY!!! That's what America and its stupid ? govt gets for protecting and defending everything Israel does all the time. You lay with germs, you get ? .......

We don't have to ? them all we just have to ? enough of the right ones, If we wait until our financial house is in order we will be waiting forever because no economy will ever be perfect, our house was not in order when we decided to get into ww2 but we did it anyway because it had to be done. The debt will be dealt with it's not as catastrophic as the average person thinks it is MOST people are just scared by the big numbers.

I am jamaican that women need to shut the ? up jamaica has an unempolyment rate high as ? , You over rate the arabs israel defeat six arab nations back in the 1960's and since then israel has only gotten stronger your anti-americanism is clouding your logic. If israel's back hits the wall there is no arab state that can stop them and they will not allow themselves to be scattered all over the earth again. The powerful militaries in the middle east are

Israel
    turkey
    iran
    egypt.

We will not be able to just protect the homeland and hide like some ? in america, the world does not operate like that anymore a problem in one part of the world if left unchecked will spread And by the way islamic endtimes prophecy says mecca has to be destroyed so they will be expecting this they just can't do anything about it.
  • zombie
    edited June 2014
    Options

True but it would still be AMERICANS who would die and shed blood in another wasteful and neverending war. You and ? Cheney want Americans to do ALL the hard work and ALL the fighting. ? THAT. It's someone else's turn. We protect the homeland, which you admit is safe. Enough. So yes, the American opinion counts.

America won't do all the fighting by itself we can regroup the iraq army those willing to fight and together help them clean iraq of isis, and the opinion of the general public should have little influence this is not vietnam we have a fully volunteer force.

Anti-americanism is for students, it sounds cool to say ? america for the wrongs it has done in your 20's but in reality without america the world becomes a much more dangerous place as the innocent people in iraq will soon be learning if people like you get your way.
  • kingblaze84
    edited June 2014
    Options
    @Zombie

We don't have to ? them all we just have to ? enough of the right ones, If we wait until our financial house is in order we will be waiting forever because no economy will ever be perfect, our house was not in order when we decided to get into ww2 but we did it anyway because it had to be done. The debt will be dealt with it's not as catastrophic as the average person thinks it is MOST people are just scared by the big numbers.

I am jamaican that women need to shut the ? up jamaica has an unempolyment rate high as ? , You over rate the arabs israel defeat six arab nations back in the 1960's and since then israel has only gotten stronger your anti-americanism is clouding your logic. If israel's back hits the wall there is no arab state that can stop them and they will not allow themselves to be scattered all over the earth again. The powerful militaries in the middle east are

Israel
    turkey
    iran
    egypt.

We will not be able to just protect the homeland and hide like some ? in america, the world does not operate like that anymore a problem in one part of the world if left unchecked will spread And by the way islamic endtimes prophecy says mecca has to be destroyed so they will be expecting this they just can't do anything about it.

17 trillion in debt is not catastrophic? Okay we'll just agree to disagree there lol.....

As far as Israel, if you think they are THAT powerful, then ISIS shouldn't scare them right? So why should America be so scared of them? Israel is a big boy, great. So we don't have to worry about them, they can keep up their little apartheid game and fend for themselves. And there's nothing wrong with isolating ourselves a little bit now, playing Bombs Away for 12 years there has been a huge disaster. Advocating more of the same, except in a more brutal manner according to your strategy won't work. Instead of killing one million Iraqi civilians, how many should we ? this time? 5 million? Ten million?

And if ISIS is SOOOOOO big a threat and SOOOO dangerous, how come NATO isn't doing ? ? I notice only the warmongers like Cheney and very few others support your ideas. Let Iran, Russia, or China handle ISIS, those nations are a LOT closer to ISIS then we are.
  • zombie
    Options
    @Zombie

Israel
    turkey
    iran
    egypt.

17 trillion in debt is not catastrophic? Okay we'll just agree to disagree there lol.....

As far as Israel, if you think they are THAT powerful, then ISIS shouldn't scare them right? So why should America be so scared of them? Israel is a big boy, great. So we don't have to worry about them, they can keep up their little apartheid game and fend for themselves. And there's nothing wrong with isolating ourselves a little bit now, playing Bombs Away for 12 years there has been a huge disaster. Advocating more of the same, except in a more brutal manner according to your strategy won't work.

And if ISIS is SOOOOOO big a threat and SOOOO dangerous, how come NATO isn't doing ? ? Why does America have to do all the sacrificing?

No it's not we will slowly shrink that 17 trillion over time isis should not scare israel now and israel can destroy isis if it puts it's mind to it, what you don't seem to be getting is that we hold israel back always have since the 6-days war because we know how much of a slaughter the arabs would suffer and how that would effect the entire world. isis is not a big threat NOW but if we don't stop them they will become one.
  • zombie
    Options
    america has not just been bombing we have tried to set up a democracy in iraq and that i believe was a huge mistake
  • kingblaze84
    edited June 2014
    Options
    If Israel can slaughter so many Arabs with ease, then maybe Israel can stop ISIS!!!!! WOW!!! Less work for America to do I guess???

Israel slaughtering Arabs by the millions OF COURSE would be a public relations disaster for Israel. But it would hurt America's reputation too, considering America provides Israel with so much funding, weapons, aid, and intelligence. That's why America, as Ron Paul has said, should CUT ALL FUNDING and DISAVOW any relationship with Israel. If Israel is that dangerous according to you, maybe we should consider Israel a threat to the Middle East? You want beef with Israel and ISIS?

If ISIS becomes a bigger threat and sets up their version of the Ottoman Empire (which is very realistic), AGAIN, the world can take care of it. If not, ah well. Life goes on. Of course, if ISIS strikes our homeland, then the American people will rally and terrorize ISIS. There is no appetite to wage another long and costly war against ISIS now, time for Iraqis to solve this problem amongst themselves. Regarding our debt, I see ZERO evidence it will shrink over time. With the wars you're advocating? LOL the debt would rise faster then ever.
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    america has not just been bombing we have tried to set up a democracy in iraq and that i believe was a huge mistake

Going into Iraq to begin with was a huge mistake.....
  • zombie
    edited June 2014
    Options
    If Israel can slaughter so many Arabs with ease, then maybe Israel can stop ISIS!!!!! WOW!!! Less work for America to do I guess???

Israel slaughtering Arabs by the millions OF COURSE would be a public relations disaster for Israel. But it would hurt America's reputation too, considering America provides Israel with so much funding, weapons, aid, and intelligence. That's why America, as Ron Paul has said, should CUT ALL FUNDING and DISAVOW any relationship with Israel. If Israel is that dangerous according to you, maybe we should consider Israel a threat to the Middle East? You want beef with Israel and ISIS?

If ISIS becomes a bigger threat and sets up their version of the Ottoman Empire (which is very realistic), AGAIN, the world can take care of it. If not, ah well. Life goes on. Of course, if ISIS strikes our homeland, then the American people will rally and terrorize ISIS. There is no appetite to wage another long and costly war against ISIS now, time for Iraqis to solve this problem amongst themselves.

Any american war against isis won't be very long, israel can stop isis but they won't have our restraint they would mostly likely want to keep the land they take AND only cause more long term problems. Ron paul wants america to go back to pre ww2 policies but the world is to connected for that now. if you would rather fight ww3 than fight a much smaller battle against isis due to cowardice then that's on you but i hope our leaders do what's right and fight isis using the most brutal and cost effective methods.

we cannot hide from problems forever, you have advocated no solution except kicking the problem down the road when it's going to be even harder to solve.
  • zombie
    Options
    You know what iran will probable get rid of isis if america gets ? about iraq, which will mean iran will get stronger which will mean more tensions with sunni saudi arabia which will mean more war which will be a threat to the oil driven economy of the world. WHICH means more poverty in the world and less production. which will effect america.
  • kingblaze84
    edited June 2014
    Options
    You know what iran will probable get rid of isis if america gets ? about iraq, which will mean iran will get stronger which will mean more tensions with sunni saudi arabia which will mean more war which will be a threat to the oil driven economy of the world. WHICH means more poverty in the world and less production. which will effect america.

If Iran takes out ISIS, becomes more powerful, and it causes tension btw the Sunni and Shia communities, so be it. Your solution of brutal warfare will cause tensions within the Arab community anyway LOL. No matter the military solution, it will still cause its own set of problems. That's why I keep saying a stronger military response won't solve anything, this is a political problem for the most part. We'll have no choice but to negotiate with ISIS and hope there's a way we can contain them. If not, then maybe you can volunteer to ask Russia, the United Nations, NATO or Iran to help contain them, while America recovers from the blunders of the Iraq War.

If civil wars in the Middle East mean less oil for America and the world, so be it. The world survived without oil for a long time. Will it make our economy weaker and maybe make us live a less advanced lifestyle? Perhaps, but it's something most of the world gets by on. No big deal. America's economy is ? long term anyway.
  • zombie
    edited June 2014
    Options

If Iran takes out ISIS, becomes more powerful, and it causes tension btw the Sunni and Shia communities, so be it. Your solution of brutal warfare will cause tensions within the Arab community anyway LOL. No matter the military solution, it will still cause its own set of problems. That's why I keep saying a stronger military response won't solve anything, this is a political problem for the most part. We'll have no choice but to negotiate with ISIS and hope there's a way we can contain them. If not, then maybe you can volunteer to ask Russia, the United Nations, NATO or Iran to help contain them, while America recovers from the blunders of the Iraq War.

If civil wars in the Middle East mean less oil for America and the world, so be it. The world survived without oil for a long time. Will it make our economy weaker and maybe make us live a less advanced lifestyle? Perhaps, but it's something most of the world gets by on. No big deal. America's economy is ? long term anyway.

You can't be ? serious you want to go back to an oil less world???? have you ever lived for a long time in a nation without modern technology?? Our economy is not ? now you don't know what the ? you are talking about you just hate america so now you are just talking. This is a political and military problem No amount of talking is going to stop isis because we have no leverage over them. what are we going to offer them to make them stop??

SO ONCE again you don't have a solution, YOU don't want war because you are under the faulty impression that our economy can't take it, you have no problem with the long term effect of a hugh war in the middle east possibly causing poverty all over the world including america and us in the next generation having to go over there and fight another war.
  • zombie
    edited June 2014
    Options
    The economy is getting better it's not getting worse, the american economy has been through worse things will be fine.
  • Black Boy King
    Black Boy King Members Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How can the economy be getting better if illegals are being flooded in by the thousands????? How can that give our economy a good outlook???
  • zombie
    Options
    Judah Back wrote: »
    How can the economy be getting better if illegals are being flooded in by the thousands????? How can that give our economy a good outlook???

I did not say it was perfect no economy is but in comparison to how it was a few years ago things are better.
    there are many different factors and not everything is going to be the way you want it to, that is a fact
  • kingblaze84
    edited June 2014
    Options

You can't be ? serious you want to go back to an oil less world???? have you ever lived for a long time in a nation without modern technology?? Our economy is not ? now you don't know what the ? you are talking about you just hate america so now you are just talking. This is a political and military problem No amount of talking is going to stop isis because we have no leverage over them. what are we going to offer them to make them stop??

SO ONCE again you don't have a solution, YOU don't want war because you are under the faulty impression that our economy can't take it, you have no problem with the long term effect of a hugh war in the middle east possibly causing poverty all over the world including america and us in the next generation having to go over there and fight another war.

I didn't say I want to live in an oil less world. I did say I'm willing to negotiate with ISIS right? Same with any country that has oil we want to buy.

But again we have to be realistic, we can't dictate everything in the Middle East when we are very hated there and the wars have costed us trillions already. We've been doing the warpath for 12 years and counting, with beyond horrible results. Did you know the military centers around the nation are so backed up taking care of vets some never see a doctor? Many die before they even get taken care of by doctor. And you think America needs another long war when we can't even take care of the vets in our hospitals already?

You believe America can do another expensive war but we truly cannot. Cutbacks are being seen in state and city govts around the country, ask Chicago and Detroit how those cuts feel. Ask families in rent assistance programs how the govt cutbacks feel. Ask old people living on SS how it feels to have checks grow by tiny amounts each year while cost of living gets higher. It seems you live in an alternate universe in which 17 trillion dollars isn't enough for you. It's enough for the avg American who feels the American Dream is dead, 60% and counting. More then 68% of the nation thinks America is on the WRONG PATH, I can put up several polls that say that. It's a sign Americans want the nation to take care of home now, good luck convincing most people on your dreams of a new war in Iraq lol.

And I've posted my solution to the ISIS problem already, boost up homeland security and let the world take care of ISIS for now. Whoever wins or gets the most power btw them, we negotiate some kind of terms, and ask the winner to work with other groups in Iraq and Syria. If they want the caliphate to build up, well, ummmm, let the nations who don't wanna join the caliphate do something. Let Iran, China, and Russia have fun with ISIS, and we can work with the winners.
  • kingblaze84
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Zombie, you said earlier it's going to take WW2 commitment levels for America to take on ISIS

How many American troops you want to put in Iraq? 300K?

How many trillions you willing to spend? Be straight up. This will be fun to hear.
  • Black Boy King
    Options

I did not say it was perfect no economy is but in comparison to how it was a few years ago things are better.
    there are many different factors and not everything is going to be the way you want it to, that is a fact

The point is the economy is about to take a serious down turn as a result.
  • Black Boy King
    Options
    The economy is getting better it's not getting worse

This guy
  • zombie
    Options

I didn't say I want to live in an oil less world. I did say I'm willing to negotiate with ISIS right? Same with any country that has oil we want to buy.

But again we have to be realistic, we can't dictate everything in the Middle East when we are very hated there and the wars have costed us trillions already. We've been doing the warpath for 12 years and counting, with beyond horrible results. Did you know the military centers around the nation are so backed up taking care of vets some never see a doctor? Many die before they even get taken care of by doctor. And you think America needs another long war when we can't even take care of the vets in our hospitals already?

You believe America can do another expensive war but we truly cannot. Cutbacks are being seen in state and city govts around the country, ask Chicago and Detroit how those cuts feel. Ask families in rent assistance programs how the govt cutbacks feel. Ask old people living on SS how it feels to have checks grow by tiny amounts each year while cost of living gets higher. It seems you live in an alternate universe in which 17 trillion dollars isn't enough for you. It's enough for the avg American who feels the American Dream is dead, 60% and counting. More then 68% of the nation thinks America is on the WRONG PATH, I can put up several polls that say that. It's a sign Americans want the nation to take care of home now, good luck convincing most people on your dreams of a new war in Iraq lol.

And I've posted my solution to the ISIS problem already, boost up homeland security and let the world take care of ISIS for now. Whoever wins or gets the most power btw them, we negotiate some kind of terms, and ask the winner to work with other groups in Iraq and Syria. If they want the caliphate to build up, well, ummmm, let the nations who don't wanna join the caliphate do something. Let Iran, China, and Russia have fun with ISIS, and we can work with the winners.

What you proposed is not a solution the definintion of a solution is that it solves a problem fundamentalist islam is a problem and protecting the home land and letting others deal with islam does not solve the problem. Why would isis negotiate with the nation that it is their stated goal to destroy?? we are not dealing with logical thinking people as far as isis is concerned allah is on their side and iran already has a history of not giving a ? about any threats the usa sends. China won't get involved and you know it, THEY did not get involved in sudan and that was a clear ? genocide.

the destruction of isis in iraq at this juncture will not be expensive nor will it be long what will be expensive and long is destroying any caliphate 20 years from now. The money that we would spend on the military in destroying isis won't be going to chicago or detroit anyway so you can forget about that dream. The average american can only see their own circumstances they lack the sight to see the big long term picture, public opinion polls mean ? , it's the facts that count and the facts are our economy is actually doing better.

The stock market is up, unemployment while not perfect is down compared to previous levels, and the deficit is shrinking. What we have been doing in iraq for the past 12 years is attempting to set up democracy that was our mistake the vet system does need to be fixed i will give you that.
  • zombie
    Options

The point is the economy is about to take a serious down turn as a result.

Yeah, you don't know what the ? you are talking about as usual