Iraq crisis: Isis jihadists 'seize Saddam Hussein's chemical weapons stockpile'

Options

Comments

• kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zombie wrote: »
    people keep talking that America can't beat Taliban bull. the real enemy in Afghanistan is the terrain not the Taliban

Not a good excuse at all. America has strong air power, and we're still losing there. Lack of moral authority and extreme hatred against America = neverending wars that goes in circles.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2014
    Options
    the problems of the middle east can only be solved by force. until the ideology of fundamentalist islam is totally des
    @zombie‌

We tried approaching as conquerors. We killed one million Iraqi civilians and thousands of Saddam's troops. It got us nowhere long term. As Sun Tzu said, a conqueror can only truly win if he has moral authority over his enemies. America doesn't have that. I say let the Sunnis and Shiites fight it out and we either work with the winner or fight them, without using troops in any capacity (for now). Too early to get in there now in my opinion. If you're that terrified of ISIS, we should just protect the homeland better.

no we did not approach Iraq as conquers we tried to help them set up a democratic government when what they needed was a military governor. I think you're delusional if you think after such failure we would be able to work with either side. the only way this ends good for America is to ? more. and Sun Tzu never knew the threat of islam

Killing and bombing more won't solve the problem according to military advice Obama and John Kerry are listening to, it's beyond drones and soldiers. Realistically, the American public will NOT accept more troops to Iraq. It's not going to happen, not anytime soon. Even a Republican president would have an extremely difficult time sending American troops there, there is no will to fight battles for cowardly Iraqi soldiers. If cowardly Iraqi soldiers can't fight battles for us after 1.7 trillion wasted dollars, then ? them. We gotta build up homeland security and hope we can stop any terror attacks from coming our way. It's cheaper then another war.

it's takes more than just killing and bombing to fix the whole situation but when it comes to isis killing and bombing has to be done. The united states military is not a democracy so what the American people want is of less importance than you seem to think it is. what we do In Iraq should be for our own direct interest. Building up the homeland is a waste of time unless we maintain the power to affect threats on the outside. America is not an island.

Look there is no peaceful way out of this, if you get what you want we run the risk of a more powerful iran which would just increase sunni shia tension all over the middle east.

or we could get a sunni chaliphate which is just as bad no worse.
  • zombie
    Options
    people keep talking that America can't beat Taliban bull. the real enemy in Afghanistan is the terrain not the Taliban

Not a good excuse at all. America has strong air power, and we're still losing there. Lack of moral authority and extreme hatred against America = neverending wars that goes in circles.

AIR POWER or not afganistan is called the graveyard of empires for a reason and it's the terrain. it has nothing to do with moral authority.
  • zombie
    edited June 2014
    Options
    I hope that americans would learn from history that war appeasement only leads to greater war and bloodshed. Some people you just cannot talk to and isis is one of those people. dissolve the Iraq government and set up a long lasting military governship. Meanwhile we should be sucking as much resources as we can get out of Iraq, we have to also affect cultural change amongst the people.
  • kingblaze84
    edited June 2014
    Options
    I hope that americans would learn from history that war appeasement only leads to greater war and bloodshed. Some people you just cannot talk to and isis is one of those people. dissolve the Iraq government and set up a long lasting military governship. Meanwhile we should be sucking as much resources as we can get out of Iraq, we have to also affect cultural change amongst the people.

I have no problem with dissolving Iraq's failed govt and maybe helping to install another Saddam Hussein type character, I bet even American govt is willing to do that at this point. That's why I want ISIS to fight it out with the Iraqi govt, whoever wins btw them, we can divide and conquer enough with luck and get a strongman to take charge. If we're lucky we can find a Sunni Iraqi to do this but realistically the country known as Iraq is gone now. Even Britain, known for its love of wars, has said it wouldn't send ANY troops to Iraq, and Britain is way closer to ISIS then we are. It's very telling NATO doesn't want to get involved in this........

If we can suck more resources then we already have out of Iraq, ? it I guess. It will be hard to do since ISIS has so many people on the ground now, and neither Shia or Sunnis like us much. Changing the culture of Iraq will be impossible. They don't respect us enough to listen to us, and we gave them 9 years to change their culture, hasn't worked at all. The British and Ottoman Empires also didn't do much to end the Shia and Sunni divide, so America damn well can't. It sucks but in the end, one cannot fight a war if there isn't public will to do so. Your plan requires 100K troops or more in Iraq and probably another few thousand in Syria. It sounds like a recipe for disaster. Your plan would end in a huge failure because America can't win against guerilla warfare, it just cannot. ESPECIALLY against Iraqi Sunni tribes, Shia militias who rightly hate America, Al-Qaeda, ISIS, and Syrian Sunni tribes. And did I mention the avg Syrian who hates America? It would be a gargantuan disaster, just like the war in Afghanistan is now. Your faith in America's military is WAYYYYYYYYYYY too high and frankly, I have NO idea why.
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    It's funny how NATO was so anxious to take on Ghaddafi in 2011 but now that a true big dog like ISIS is popping up, suddenly NATO is as quiet as a mouse.....
  • kingblaze84
    edited June 2014
    Options

AIR POWER or not afganistan is called the graveyard of empires for a reason and it's the terrain. it has nothing to do with moral authority.

The terrain ISIS is hiding in within Syria and Iraq is just as tough, why? Because they are mostly hiding out IN THE CITIES of Syria and Iraq. If we bomb the ? out of ISIS in Syria and Iraq, it means bombing the ? out of women and children all over Syria and Iraq. And YAH, that will go over very well.....nothing creates thousands of terrorists easier then thousands of men seeing their mothers and children blown up with missles that say "Made in the USA".

Here's a video on Yemen and how terror movements are growing by the second there because men and women constantly see dead civilians next to Made In USA missiles

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=owqes-Vvg48

• zombie
    Options

The terrain ISIS is hiding in within Syria and Iraq is just as tough, why? Because they are mostly hiding out IN THE CITIES of Syria and Iraq. If we bomb the ? out of ISIS in Syria and Iraq, it means bombing the ? out of women and children all over Syria and Iraq. And YAH, that will go over very well.....nothing creates thousands of terrorists easier then thousands of men seeing their mothers and children blown up with missles that say "Made in the USA".

Here's a video on Yemen and how terror movements are growing by the second there because men and women constantly see dead civilians next to Made In USA missiles

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=owqes-Vvg48

WELL OBVIOUSLY I AM advocating we fight isis because I know we can win and if women and children die well that's too bad but that's war. You think that somehow the creation of mass amount of terrorist comes from our bombing and our presence their. I don't believe so because isis is made up of people from other nations that we currently are not at war with and what remains of saddams boys.

? them or not they are still going to war with us because it's religiously driven.
  • zombie
    edited June 2014
    Options

I have no problem with dissolving Iraq's failed govt and maybe helping to install another Saddam Hussein type character, I bet even American govt is willing to do that at this point. That's why I want ISIS to fight it out with the Iraqi govt, whoever wins btw them, we can divide and conquer enough with luck and get a strongman to take charge. If we're lucky we can find a Sunni Iraqi to do this but realistically the country known as Iraq is gone now. Even Britain, known for its love of wars, has said it wouldn't send ANY troops to Iraq, and Britain is way closer to ISIS then we are. It's very telling NATO doesn't want to get involved in this........

If we can suck more resources then we already have out of Iraq, ? it I guess. It will be hard to do since ISIS has so many people on the ground now, and neither Shia or Sunnis like us much. Changing the culture of Iraq will be impossible. They don't respect us enough to listen to us, and we gave them 9 years to change their culture, hasn't worked at all. The British and Ottoman Empires also didn't do much to end the Shia and Sunni divide, so America damn well can't. It sucks but in the end, one cannot fight a war if there isn't public will to do so. Your plan requires 100K troops or more in Iraq and probably another few thousand in Syria. It sounds like a recipe for disaster. Your plan would end in a huge failure because America can't win against guerilla warfare, it just cannot. ESPECIALLY against Iraqi Sunni tribes, Shia militias who rightly hate America, Al-Qaeda, ISIS, and Syrian Sunni tribes. And did I mention the avg Syrian who hates America? It would be a gargantuan disaster, just like the war in Afghanistan is now. Your faith in America's military is WAYYYYYYYYYYY too high and frankly, I have NO idea why.

We cannot do any deals with isis we have no leverage over them, Most of the so called nations in nato are weak they barely protect themselves nato is largely just an American funded organization. Not to mention some of the most radical muslims outside of the middle east are in Europe. Leaders of the world are just being ? they don't want to address this problem with the answers needed.

WE have not sucked any resources out of Iraq and it's a lie that we profit from their oil. the culture of Iraq can be changed it's just going to take a long time, WE ARE NOT GOING TO GO TO WAR in Syria just Iraq. I rather spend 100k troops no than spend 1 million later. You don't seems to have a viable solution all you are really advocating is that we move this problem into another generation, cause I can bet you 1 million dollars that in 20 or less years there will be another American war in the middle east.

• zombie
    Options
    @kingblaze84 what are you going to do if after isis takes Iraq and Syria they want to take Lebanon and Jordan?? just let them have it?? How do you think Israel is going to feel about that?? hell how would our allies in sensitive areas of the world feel seeing us basically abandon our closes ally.
  • zombie
    Options
    It's funny how NATO was so anxious to take on Ghaddafi in 2011 but now that a true big dog like ISIS is popping up, suddenly NATO is as quiet as a mouse.....

If takes more effort to totally deal with groups like isis.
  • kingblaze84
    Options

We cannot do any deals with isis we have no leverage over them, Most of the so called nations in nato are weak they barely protect themselves nato is largely just an American funded organization. Not to mention some of the most radical muslims outside of the middle east are in Europe. Leaders of the world are just being ? they don't want to address this problem with the answers needed.

WE have not sucked any resources out of Iraq and it's a lie that we profit from their oil. the culture of Iraq can be changed it's just going to take a long time, WE ARE NOT GOING TO GO TO WAR in Syria just Iraq. I rather spend 100k troops no than spend 1 million later. You don't seems to have a viable solution all you are really advocating is that we move this problem into another generation, cause I can bet you 1 million dollars that in 20 or less years there will be another American war in the middle east.

There's a problem with your approach to ISIS in Iraq.....their headquarters is in SYRIA lol. In fact, just today, they named their capital somewhere in Syria. Allegedly, it's not that well fortified but it still has anti aircraft weaponry.

You can't take out ISIS without a war in Syria, which ironically, would help out Assad, the anti-American dictator Obama claims supports terror himself haha. We could bomb ISIS all day and ? a bunch more women and kids doing so but ISIS will just bring more recruits from Syria. It would easily turn into another long war.

I further stated my solution already to this problem, boost up homeland security. Going into another long and wasteful war that will only create more terrorists helps nobody. If anything, let the world make its efforts to take care of ISIS, we can't babysit the world. It's too expensive and 17 trillion in debt is already crushing the avg American already. Your ideas would crush the avg American even more via more terrorism and higher debts that will ? the worth of the dollar. America hasn't financially recovered from the war in Iraq, no way can we do this again.
  • kingblaze84
    edited June 2014
    Options
    @kingblaze84 what are you going to do if after isis takes Iraq and Syria they want to take Lebanon and Jordan?? just let them have it?? How do you think Israel is going to feel about that?? hell how would our allies in sensitive areas of the world feel seeing us basically abandon our closes ally.

Simple, let Lebanon and Jordan take care of it. We can't babysit people, America is getting ZERO RETURN for all its efforts. Maybe Russia or China can take care of ISIS for all I care, we protect the homeland FIRST. Like other nations do. Babysitting everyone is a disaster of foreign policy, changing culture there is impossible. ISIS wants a version of the Ottoman Empire it seems. Why should America be the only ones to do something? We're broke, 17 trillion in debt has destroyed the American dream for most at this point. Most American youth in the long run are gonna have a hard ass time. Sad but true.

As far as Israel? ? Israel. They're one of the reasons America is so hated in the Middle East. They have an apartheid state that is very unpopular worldwide, and America protecting Israel so much has been one of the biggest blunders in American history. As far as our other allies in the region, again, we can't babysit people. America has to protect its homeland and interests first. Babysitting the world has gone nowhere for us. Ask Bush. And ask Obama how that war in Afghanistan is going.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    Why else do you think Obama is so hesitant to attack ISIS now?
    there's an election coming up?
    America's military SUCKS at fighting against guerilla warfare. It's why we lost so horribly in Vietnam, and apparrently Iraq.
    see, now this isn't even true. we didn't "lose horribly" in Vietnam because we couldn't fight guerrillas (leaving aside the whole NVA thing), it's that our ability to hammer the ? out of NVA forces couldn't solve South Vietnam's political problems. take the Tet Offensive: big propaganda move, but militarily? we SMASHED the Vietcong.

Iraq's a similar problem in that it doesn't matter if we ? insurgents if the problem is political. which it seems to be.
  • kingblaze84
    edited June 2014
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    Why else do you think Obama is so hesitant to attack ISIS now?
    there's an election coming up?
    America's military SUCKS at fighting against guerilla warfare. It's why we lost so horribly in Vietnam, and apparrently Iraq.
    see, now this isn't even true. we didn't "lose horribly" in Vietnam because we couldn't fight guerrillas (leaving aside the whole NVA thing), it's that our ability to hammer the ? out of NVA forces couldn't solve South Vietnam's political problems. take the Tet Offensive: big propaganda move, but militarily? we SMASHED the Vietcong.

Iraq's a similar problem in that it doesn't matter if we ? insurgents if the problem is political. which it seems to be.

I can dig this. The solution to the problem is POLITICAL. And with that, a must see video on why what you said and what John Kerry and Obama are saying is actually mostly accurate when it comes to Iraq

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ey9tExYbjm8
  • kingblaze84
    edited June 2014
    Options
    As the video above implies, word on the street is that ISIS militants were trained with American money, aid, and weaponry as they were fighting Assad in Syria back in 2011 and 2012. This is why getting too involved in the Middle East is a bad idea when you're a nation that's already hated there. It further makes sense, considering ISIS was born in Syria and many of the weapons they brought from Syria were extremely advanced, and their tactics very skilled compared to others.....

http://www.wnd.com/2014/06/officials-u-s-trained-isis-at-secret-base-in-jordan/#FbVf4WaKP8OLX3j4.99

Blowback! U.S. trained ISIS at secret Jordan base

Described as covert aid to insurgents targeting al-Assad

JERUSALEM – Members of the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant, or ISIS, were trained in 2012 by U.S. instructors working at a secret base in Jordan, according to informed Jordanian officials.

The officials said dozens of ISIS members were trained at the time as part of covert aid to the insurgents targeting the regime of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad in Syria. The officials said the training was not meant to be used for any future campaign in Iraq.

The Jordanian officials said all ISIS members who received U.S. training to fight in Syria were first vetted for any links to extremist groups like al-Qaida.

In February 2012, WND was first to report the U.S., Turkey and Jordan were running a training base for the Syrian rebels in the Jordanian town of Safawi in the country’s northern desert region.

That report has since been corroborated by numerous other media accounts.

Last March, the German weekly Der Spiegel reported Americans were training Syrian rebels in Jordan.

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2014/06/officials-u-s-trained-isis-at-secret-base-in-jordan/#3pkxTydGbtiOPrcU.99
  • zombie
    edited June 2014
    Options

Simple, let Lebanon and Jordan take care of it. We can't babysit people, America is getting ZERO RETURN for all its efforts. Maybe Russia or China can take care of ISIS for all I care, we protect the homeland FIRST. Like other nations do. Babysitting everyone is a disaster of foreign policy, changing culture there is impossible. ISIS wants a version of the Ottoman Empire it seems. Why should America be the only ones to do something? We're broke, 17 trillion in debt has destroyed the American dream for most at this point. Most American youth in the long run are gonna have a hard ass time. Sad but true.

As far as Israel? ? Israel. They're one of the reasons America is so hated in the Middle East. They have an apartheid state that is very unpopular worldwide, and America protecting Israel so much has been one of the biggest blunders in American history. As far as our other allies in the region, again, we can't babysit people. America has to protect its homeland and interests first. Babysitting the world has gone nowhere for us. Ask Bush. And ask Obama how that war in Afghanistan is going.

The homeland is already protected, FOR THE 1 MILLIONTH TIME AMERICA IS NOT broke yeah we spend a lot of money in iraq but we have the money to spend all that money spent is not going to break us. The american distribution of wealth is bad that's why people are having a hard time economically but that has nothing to do with the government having the funds to fight a war or not.

And once again we don't have a choice saying we have to fight them sooner or later. Saying you would allow A revived ottoman empire is no different from saying you would let nazis germany come back. and in 15 years another generation american youth will have to fight again anyway.

Maybe Russia and china should take care of isis great suggesstion you want russia and china to gain more power and influence in the world??? the 2 nations we could soon be having another cold war with.

Israel must be protected unless you want a nuclear and chemical war??? IF we adandon israel our allies ALL OVER THE WORLD would lose confidence in us. if we can abandon israel the same goes for japan, south korea, and all the other nations that depend on us for defense.
  • zombie
    Options
    It's going to take ww2 levels of commitment to defeat fundamentalist islam but the world won't see that until it's too late.
  • zombie
    Options
    highly doubtful isis has nukes
  • kingblaze84
    edited June 2014
    Options

The homeland is already protected, FOR THE 1 MILLIONTH TIME AMERICA IS NOT broke yeah we spend a lot of money in iraq but we have the money to spend all that money spent is not going to break us. The american distribution of wealth is bad that's why people are having a hard time economically but that has nothing to do with the government having the funds to fight a war or not.

And once again we don't have a choice saying we have to fight them sooner or later. Saying you would allow A revived ottoman empire is no different from saying you would let nazis germany come back. and in 15 years another generation american youth will have to fight again anyway.

Maybe Russia and china should take care of isis great suggesstion you want russia and china to gain more power and influence in the world??? the 2 nations we could soon be having another cold war with.

Israel must be protected unless you want a nuclear and chemical war??? IF we adandon israel our allies ALL OVER THE WORLD would lose confidence in us. if we can abandon israel the same goes for japan, south korea, and all the other nations that depend on us for defense.

America is 17 trillion in the hole, you think that's not being bankrupt? Every dollar we spend in Iraq, Afghanistan, and the other lands we're bombing is DEFICIT SPENDING. The more deficit spending we do, the more worthless the dollar becomes. This is simple economics. If America spent 3 trillion on the war against ISIS the next decade, America's dollar would become even more worthless. Inflation and deficit spending is DESTROYING America and the American Dream. The cost of living is going up and up, and meanwhile the deficit of 17 trillion goes higher, you think that's a coincidence? Research on what deficit spending does to a nation's economy in the long run. HINT: The British Empire was able to print dollars at one point too. They can't anymore, since their currency outspent itself. Don't think America cannot end up the same way, it happened to Rome and other great empires.

Regarding Israel, why the ? should America protect an apartheid state that is among the top 3 hated nations in the world according to most polls? Israel is the most hated country in the Middle East, America is either tied for first or second place. Israel's policies of evil towards its neighbors has gotten America into so much trouble, and you want us to protect Israel? FOH, HELL NO. As far as stopping the spread of ISIS, YES, let Russia and China deal with it. Americans are tired of neverending wars that are indeed BANKRUPTING America's future. AGAIN, PLEASE research what deficit spending does to a nation's currency worth. You don't seem to understand America can't do this ? forever, time for someone else to pick up the challenge.

You admit the homeland is protected? GREAT! So I can sit back, chill in the beach this weekend without any worries. Playing world police has gotten us nowhere, time for nations to start learning to protect themselves, and time for the Iraqi soldiers to stop being little ? and fight for their own country. The American people, including myself, have had enough.
  • kingblaze84
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Judah Back wrote: »

ISIS is getting lots of those supplies from when Americans and some in the west provided arms to the rebels in Syria, they got lots of their training from the west too. The New York Times had an article on the private help rebels were getting from the west back in 2012 or 2011, other reports say the same.

And it also helps many millionaire princes in Qatar, Kuwait, and Saudi Arabia are providing moral and financial support to them. American/western aid + millions of funding from Sunnis + extreme hatred of America and anything associated with America = the most powerful terror army the world has probably ever seen. Not sure if ISIS really has nukes though but with Pakistan right around the corner.......I wouldn't be surprised if they do now.
  • zombie
    edited June 2014
    Options

America is 17 trillion in the hole, you think that's not being bankrupt? Every dollar we spend in Iraq, Afghanistan, and the other lands we're bombing is DEFICIT SPENDING. The more deficit spending we do, the more worthless the dollar becomes. This is simple economics. If America spent 3 trillion on the war against ISIS the next decade, America's dollar would become even more worthless. Inflation and deficit spending is DESTROYING America and the American Dream. The cost of living is going up and up, and meanwhile the deficit of 17 trillion goes higher, you think that's a coincidence? Research on what deficit spending does to a nation's economy in the long run. HINT: The British Empire was able to print dollars at one point too. They can't anymore, since their currency outspent itself. Don't think America cannot end up the same way, it happened to Rome and other great empires.

Regarding Israel, why the ? should America protect an apartheid state that is among the top 3 hated nations in the world according to most polls? Israel is the most hated country in the Middle East, America is either tied for first or second place. Israel's policies of evil towards its neighbors has gotten America into so much trouble, and you want us to protect Israel? FOH, HELL NO. As far as stopping the spread of ISIS, YES, let Russia and China deal with it. Americans are tired of neverending wars that are indeed BANKRUPTING America's future. AGAIN, PLEASE research what deficit spending does to a nation's currency worth. You don't seem to understand America can't do this ? forever, time for someone else to pick up the challenge.

You admit the homeland is protected? GREAT! So I can sit back, chill in the beach this weekend without any worries. Playing world police has gotten us nowhere, time for nations to start learning to protect themselves, and time for the Iraqi soldiers to stop being little ? and fight for their own country. The American people, including myself, have had enough.

The american economy will be fine we have the best in the world, and our only competition china is sitting on a house of sand their economy will collapse within the next 10-20 years becuase of their inflated real estate market. the cost of living was going up before this war and will continue to go up for economic reasons. I have an mba i know what deficit spending does i also know what appeasing fundamentalist islam will do. Have you looked at the stock market lately or looked at the job numbers? and compared them to where we were a few years ago?? america will be fine. any war we launch against isis right now is not going to last a decade, lol the war against saddam did not even last that long and he had a real army.

Once again you underestimate exactly how powerful and rich the usa is in comparison to rome or britian. When was the last serious foreign planned terror attack in america???? we are as safe from terrorism as we are ever going to be so you can chill and go to the movies this weekend nothing is going to happen.

I've already told you why america has to protect israel if we don't the chance that israel will use wmd's is too high to risk. Not to mention leaving israel will send a sign to all our allies that we cannot be trusted and i'm not just talking about those in the middle east, but asia, africa and eveywhere else. if that happens then you have more nations doing whatever they have to protect themselves which only means more war.

People keep crying that american bombing of innocents only creates more terrorist, but isis is killing innocent also so those people will ally with us. In any event, it's It's too late to back out now nothing we do in the middle east will make them hate us less because their will always be a religiously driven hate for israel and america, deal with that. All you want to do is leave these people alone because you think it cost to much, Being a coward is not the way to peace your children or grandchildren are going to have to go to war in the middle east because we are too ? to do what needs to be done now.
  • Black Boy King
    Black Boy King Members Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Well they got chemical weapons, that is confirmed
  • zombie
    Options
    Judah Back wrote: »

Well they got chemical weapons, that is confirmed

YEAH, but that's not nukes and much of the confirmed chemical weapons that they got is unusable.
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    @Zombie

America is rich but not invincible, the Romans had no competition for a long time and neither did the British. And guess what? The British outspent themselves and so did the Romans. They went bankrupt with neverending wars and created so many enemies it became a drain to the national economy. Which is exactly what is happening in America now, despite you being in denial about it.

You're failing to learn the lessons from history, which is that deficit spending in the long term ruins nations. You have an MBA so I'm shocked you're not understanding the dire situation America is in. I've talked to people like you who have on rose colored glasses and I assume you are very well off, which is good. I'm doing pretty good for myself too. But the avg American is suffering in many ways, the cost of living is going up more then it needs to due the dollar decreasing in value due to so much debt and deficit spending. You say America will be fine, not if we keep spending trillions on wars LOL. ? Cheney said deficits don't matter, but he was dead wrong. The avg American knows how devastating the debt is. When rent and basic costs are increasing higher and higher and wages remain stagnant for the avg person, it is NOT a sign America is doing fine. Polls show 60% of Americans believe the American Dream is dead or out of reach. Think about that before you say "America will be fine". It won't be fine if we bankrupt ourselves again with another wasteful war, when protecting the homeland better is a cheaper option.

As far as Israel, well if they wana use WMDs because they feel so threatened, then so be it. AGAIN, we can't babysit everybody. WMD use would be devastating in the region but the ? Cheney attitude in life has been a disaster, and you seem to be thinking like ? Cheney now. Neverending wars creates.....neverending wars. Enough.