How Will People Remember The 2000's & 2010's? (It's Real Annoying When People Only Mention The 90's)

Options
1235»

Comments

• GorillaWitAttitude
    GorillaWitAttitude Members Posts: 3,566
    Options
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    2000 babies be like "mannnnn summer break was fun ass hell, I was just chilling in the house from sunrise to sunset, playing Xbox one, watching Netflix movies & browsing the Internet & social media"

I remember in the 90s when we had to "check in" just to let our parents or grandparents know that we was still alive. I think everybody i know check in time was at 12pm. A ? will be like "I be back I gotta go check in" Go home to check in, eat for about 10 minutes & go right back out the day. Shooting ball at the center or someone might have a movable basketball goal to play on then might go play flag football & at the same time, messing with the local bops in our hood.

Like I previous stated, its crazy how we had to check in but parents these days tell their kids to go outside

Bruh kids are still active.... trust..
    Active wit their fingers on a touch screen or on xbox sticks.

I honestly couldn't tell u da last time I seen lil girl's outside playing double dutch, hop scotch, playing hide n seek with da boys. I don't see boys playing 2 hand touch football in da street or tackle football on da neighborhood grass no more. I could go on and on but I'll stop.

That's why obesity in children is at an all time high, they not active.

Man as I kid I used to play all that ? . Plus I hardly used to be in the house. Now that's all you see these young kids doing. I guess since i'm a 94' baby I had the experience of doing that ? .
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ya'll ? ain't lying. I remember when I was a lil kid, ? from the neighborhood used to go on adventures. We'd hop on the bikes and just be gone the whole damn day getting into ? . These kids nowadays get on their bikes to go down two houses to play a multiplayer game locally instead of online.
  • GorillaWitAttitude
    Options
    Ya'll ? ain't lying. I remember when I was a lil kid, ? from the neighborhood used to go on adventures. We'd hop on the bikes and just be gone the whole damn day getting into ? . These kids nowadays get on their bikes to go down two houses to play a multiplayer game locally instead of online.

? I did the same thing. Also, my friends and I would play PS2 and ? .
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Was learning how to do backflips big for anyone else coming up? When we were kids we damn near break our necks trying to them. Eventually cats was doing them off walls and all kinda crazy ? .
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I see kids hooping everyday in my neighborhood

Shrugs
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Shrugs

these ? must stay in the suburbs cuz in the hood all the same ? I usta see kids do when I was a kid they still doing some variation of it..

lol I just saw a Lil boy that stay in my apartment complex try and run game 2 a Lil ? his bike the other day...
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Outside of technological advancements, 2000s ain't really been poppin like that. Which is a stark contrast to the goofy muffuckas on here that swear Armageddon is approaching because a teenager didn't say thank you when he opened the door for her.
  • memphis2sacnicc
    memphis2sacnicc Members Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Shrugs
    Yea but for how long? ? hoop for 45 min then start talking bout its too hot I'm going home. Hahaha

We used to hoop from sun up to sun down in da summa.

• deemula420
    deemula420 Members Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was born in 89 so I remember a good portion of the 90's and I can honestly say although the technology has advanced the 00's aint got ? on the 90's.

Who remember when ? used to buss open the fire hydrant and flood the whole block in my case it was the circle. ? used to be goat in the summer time, seeing as how we aint had no community pools in my hood. Co-sign going in the store with 3 dollars coming out with 4 debbie cakes the biggest bag of chips and 2 different kinds of pop these kids will never know that feeling. Waking up watching the old power rangers, TMNT, Dinosaurs, Amazing Spiderman, X-Men, ? tunes, Rockos Modern life,SOUL TRAIN, Living Single, Martin, WWF & WCW etc etc >>>> Watching any of the ? they show on tv now. I remember having to turn the channels on my ? with some pliers cuz I broke the ? off on my tv, Nowadays these lil ? ? if they tv aint mounted to the wall or some ? smh.

and you don't even wanna compare the music
  • GorillaWitAttitude
    Options
    deemula420 wrote: »
    I was born in 89 so I remember a good portion of the 90's and I can honestly say although the technology has advanced the 00's aint got ? on the 90's.

Who remember when ? used to buss open the fire hydrant and flood the whole block in my case it was the circle. ? used to be goat in the summer time, seeing as how we aint had no community pools in my hood. Co-sign going in the store with 3 dollars coming out with 4 debbie cakes the biggest bag of chips and 2 different kinds of pop these kids will never know that feeling. Waking up watching the old power rangers, TMNT, Dinosaurs, Amazing Spiderman, X-Men, ? tunes, Rockos Modern life,SOUL TRAIN, Living Single, Martin, WWF & WCW etc etc >>>> Watching any of the ? they show on tv now. I remember having to turn the channels on my ? with some pliers cuz I broke the ? off on my tv, Nowadays these lil ? ? if they tv aint mounted to the wall or some ? smh.

I remember mid 97 and up. However, I was that kid watching Blues Clues and playing video games and ? . Being born in 94' i'm shocked I remember mid 97' and Plus I remember when I used to visit Boston a lot too.
  • deemula420
    Options
    and yeah people still come outside but not as much like back in the 90s when thats the only thing you had to do was go outside. Now you got the internet involved in everything at home from tvs to phones to laptops to tablets. Sometimes you can contact a person better on a social media website then by simply trying to call them. You basically can access the world and never have to leave your doorstep.
  • deemula420
    Options

I remember mid 97 and up. However, I was that kid watching Blues Clues and playing video games and ? . Being born in 94' i'm shocked I remember mid 97' and Plus I remember when I used to visit Boston a lot too.

I remember 93' and up was born in chicago and still living up there at the time I remember mike winning that last chip and retiring & then coming back to go on the 3peat, Watching OJ run in the white bronco, watching the news and seeing that pac had been shot the 2nd time ? was crazy
  • GorillaWitAttitude
    Options

I remember 93' and up was born in chicago and still living up there at the time I remember mike winning that last chip and retiring & then coming back to go on the 3peat, Watching OJ run in the white bronco, watching the news and seeing that pac had been shot the 2nd time ? was crazy

Damn man yeah I will say the 90's were good. Sometimes I wish I was born earlier, but that's life.
  • s3nterocks
    s3nterocks Members Posts: 249 ✭✭
    Options
    Alkinduz wrote: »
    From 87,

obviously your money was worth more and privacy/social interaction was better in the past but hey....not like I really know any better then these last 26 something years...

its been continous, during highschool, early 2000s, the Whole week(end), year cycle etc faded for me. Living abroad now, where my money is worth more then in the 90s, with all the luxury from today...

but yeah, feeling as ? Gandalf now when Im typing this, but western society has changed for the worst.

right now, scientists in Holland(and also in Canada I believe). Have the Cure for cancer....for ? real. A Charity org is trying to get enough money for funding(insurance companies want a patent/money, Dutch government n EU ain't funding ? )...

nobody gives a ? .

we live in an egocentric era, an era of indifference. Were consumerism/whatever petty ? that occupies Peoples lifes is more important then human advanced.

and it was the freedom and prosperity of the 90s that got us here.

I came in here to post pretty much this, especially the bolded. And yea, kids still go outside but not like us 90s kids did. Ain't no manhunt, Touch/rough football being played in the streets. Ain't no ? trying put up they hands like that. Internet is goat when used for the purpose bettering yourself, for there is unlimited info on here. But these new age ? let their lives be dictated by it. Instead of knowing how to fight, pull ? , snap and be good at a given sport, they need to have likes, e-personas, simp and followers. Our old method of socializing built character.

• twizza 77
    twizza 77 Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Only things I can think off for 00's. Technology has improved and so many media outlets. But pop culture and sports are watered downed. In the 90's people were more active, sure you had video games, but we weren't locked up in the house all day to play them.