THE OFFICIAL 2014-2015 CHICAGO BULLS THREAD

Options

Comments

• Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S.jR. wrote: »
    S.jR. wrote: »
    It's early but I think McFresh should start, not because he's leaps and bounds already better than Dunleavy but I'd rather have an extra veteran on the second team Bench Mob instead of Snell, Dougie and Niko.

And even if they go small in the back court with Brooks and Kirk and not Snell, Mirotic won't have as much pressure on him to find his shot.

I'm glad this is really being considered...
    Bulls Undecided Between Dunleavy, McDermott For Starting SF

Doug McDermott has looked comfortable with both units for the Chicago Bulls while Mike Dunleavy Jr. has filled a reserve and starting role in his two seasons with the team.

The Bulls are undecided on the permanent starter at small forward.

"Mike has shot the ball extremely well, so I think he helps that first unit function very well," Thibodeau said. "I'm not locked into it, but Mike's team defense is outstanding and I don't want to overlook that either.

"That's the great value in Mike, that he's comfortable in both roles. He doesn't need a long time to warm up. But I liked the way he played as a starter, so I don't want to make that decision yet."

I don't know man mcbuckets be lookin shakey out there on both ends.I'd prefer dunleavy jr start until mcbuckets is ready cuz dunleavy jr can at least understand the team defense
  • twizza 77
    twizza 77 Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think McBuckets should start and Dunleavy coming off the bench while getting more minutes like Taj does. McBuckets seems to play better and benefits with the starting group, he can get open looks with Rose and Pau getting the opposing teams Defense attention.
  • BoogaSuga
    BoogaSuga Members Posts: 4,000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    whether its doug or mike running with the 2nd unit taj better pick up his awareness and develop how to pass out the post

seen him pass only once to a cutting doug that hit him in the face almost because he didnt expect taj to pass

this team has so many options
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ckfree wrote: »
    whether its doug or mike running with the 2nd unit taj better pick up his awareness and develop how to pass out the post

seen him pass only once to a cutting doug that hit him in the face almost because he didnt expect taj to pass

That frustrates the hell out me when he's double teamed and still tries to muscle his way to the basket or just throws up a shot
  • ckfree
    Options

That frustrates the hell out me when he's double teamed and still tries to muscle his way to the basket or just throws up a shot

ive noticed lol i appreciate taj tenacity but cmon man if the fans are tired of it you know the players are too

pretty soon everyone is just gonna stop moving when he gets the ball
  • just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    if Rose gets injured again they're ? for another year, Kirk Hinrich is a ? they should've gotten rid of him a while ago.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    edited October 2014
    Options
    ^ Look at this guy pretending to be a Bulls fan lol.
    Jesus ? christ d rose goong for that penny hardway status.
    ? ? too, they should get rid of him asap.
    Derrick shouldnt even be there, i keep dreaming he's gonna throw his t mac suit away to reveal his uniform under it.
    I beeeelieeeve i caaaaan flyyyyy

Claims to be a bulls fan but makes fun of derrick roses injury and dreams about rose like some female.Shut your ? ass up and stay off the bulls ? you aint from chicago.Oxymoron is trash get over that ?
    Noah cant save y'all
    You can keep that bull ? to yourself bro, i dont swing it like you do, im just a fan of the team.
    Dj agustin is a ?

tammy hates west coast hip hop overall, her opinion is irrelevant
    hell even in ieastcoast/midwest hip hop threads, ? ? cant enjoy music for ? , i'd slap him anyday, keep cryin over D-Rose lil girl, he's still penny hardway status now, had a spark when he started but now he just garbage.
  • just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    you cant say anything bad about a team you like

ok?
  • BoogaSuga
    Options
    if Rose gets injured again they're ? for another year, Kirk Hinrich is a ? they should've gotten rid of him a while ago.

10723977_644678898980729_53506987_n.jpg
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    in honor of my folks i will no longer be taking females out to places where they cant pronounce at least one thing on the menu here go a couple excerpts from the story they did on d rose its a long read but its good

Thompson visited with Rose’s brother Reggie at Harold’s Chicken Shack in Englewood and said Rose will never be the
    player he once was:

“His thing is wanting to be the same,” Reggie says. Reggie finishes lunch and drives away, eventually making his way east on West 63rd Street. Thirteen years older, his domineering presence kept Derrick from being picked apart by the Gangster Disciples who controlled their neighborhood, then the parasitic runners and gatekeeping NCAA officials who controlled the avenues and mechanisms of escape. Nothing, not drug dealers or money-hungry basketball pimps or amateurism-guarding schoolmarms, would keep his brother stuck in Englewood. Traffic is thin as he crosses Halstead Street, with Kennedy-King College looking modern and alien at the intersection. Everything else is plywood and blight.

“You know what?” Reggie says, turning thoughtful, surrounded by reminders of his past. He thinks about Derrick, and how three years ago, his then-22-year-old brother was innocent and unafraid, the most valuable player in the NBA.
    “He knows that he will never get back to that,” Reggie says.

That’s the admission everyone has been digging for, but that’s not what he means: The new Derrick Rose is explosive and aggressive, but he’s coming back like Eve came back from the apple, mining intellectual and emotional depths he couldn’t have imagined when he first hurt his knee. He’s different now, for sure, maybe for better, maybe for worse. The old Derrick Rose is a casualty of the two injuries and the knowledge that came with them.

“He’s gone,” Reggie says, and he sounds a little melancholy.

Thompson also goes into detail about how Rose appeared at the funeral of Endia Martin, a 14-year-old girl who was murdered in April.
    Before the service, Rose drove down and quietly went inside the sanctuary to pay respects to the parents, leaving again just as quietly, not wanting to create a scene. He just wanted them to know he too was mourning the loss of their little girl. When they looked up and saw Derrick, their eyes widened, because 13 miles south from his new life, he isn’t a person but an idea, proof that better days might be ahead.

His mere presence embodies the idea of escape.

Rose, despite having all the money he could ever need, orders a grilled cheese from fancy restaurants.
    Although he made it, he and his family still carry the marks of Englewood. In expensive restaurants, with foie gras and lobster on the menu, Derrick will order a grilled cheese, ignoring the raised eyebrows and laughs of his brothers and friends, because there was a time when the comfort of a grilled cheese was the finest thing he could imagine.

John Calipari, Rose’s coach at Memphis, talks about his star player’s toughness — something Bulls fans questioned during Rose’s time away.
    In front of the television, John Calipari watched the injury and knew the road ahead. He had reason to worry because, of the many things he’d learned about his former star guard at Memphis, one was Derrick’s low tolerance for pain. One memory stuck out for the coach. Shortly after Derrick started practicing as a freshman, the Tigers scrimmaged against Saint Louis University, and going hard to the rim, Rose was forced to the ground by contact.

“He yelled like he was shot by a sniper,” Calipari says, still remembering the stretcher. “I was literally physically ill.” He pauses, a savvy storyteller, waiting to deliver the most important detail. “He practiced the next day,” Calipari says

http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/11694655/derrick-rose-new-player-new-man-ready-end-cycle-injuries

heres the full article

read the ? earlier ... good fluff piece ... i think the most valuable portion of this article as it pertains to on court results was that Rose stated that he plans on slowing the tempo down and that he essentially alluded to watching more tape while he was hurt to better understand the nuances of the game as oppose to relying so heavily on his athleticism ...hopefully this allows him to be more efficient PG and floor general in running a half court offense outside of simple "ISO ISO ISO" ..because this year he actually has a lot of potential offensive fire power surrounding him ...

and if we being real

he still cant shoot especially off the dribble
    theres no pick and pop ability to his game
    no consistent step back jumper ability
    no come off the pick and pump fake step to the side
    or two steps inside and shoot

the only thing he does is go to the hole with his jumping ability -- and take the ball from one end to the other which i hate seeing because that ? just looks like he puts so much stress on his knees

with me thinking his injuries would limit his physical game along with him saying how much better his bball iq has gotten the last couple years by having to sit and watch i too was hoping he would adapt to a more fundamental playing style and for the time being it seems he hasnt

but thats only if we being real though

im still glad hes just playing instead of sitting on the bench eating gummy bears and lifesavers

Yeah I agree ... I just don't know if he can get that jump shot to a point where it's consistently reliable ...and that's what precipitates a lot of his isolation work ...It's much easier to guard the pick n roll when the ball handler isn't a good jump shooter ..All the ball defender has to do is sag off..flash help with on the roll man and since derrick shot is still shaky he can't make the defender pay for cheating off on him and going under the screen ... that's why he goes iso ...less clutter he can just beat his man off the dribble that way one on one ...but at the same time that makes you easier to guard ..that's what San Antonio would do to lebron until he started hitting his Just

What I would love to see is for derrick to develop that bully ball style post game that other physical guards before him have utilized ...guys like Chauncey ..Kidd...GP would abuse smaller less physical guards with post moves ...nothing crazy just a little up now under or a drop step is all he needs ...it would make him more dynamic that's what those other guys used to mask their shaky jumps hots ..I'd love to see derrick developed something like this on a consistent level

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XF-dNkPDTTA
  • 9TRAY
    9TRAY Members Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hope Jimmy consistently shows this aggressiveness in the regular season. If he does that's a problem.

Stacey King was trippin' with that Jimmy Jordan ? though
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? ass Solomon Jones been giving the boot. In the games he played all I seen him do was stumble and fall to the ground
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    To be honest even with Rose injured again.....I think Hinrich and Brooks can pick up the slack
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I know it's early but I get the feeling Brooks is ready to pull a Nate/DJ if "it" happens again.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    Mirotic gradually gettin better each game once he gets adapted to the nba and puts on some weight he's gonna be a nice player.I think he'll impact this team more next year He still passes up way too many open shots
  • ckfree
    Options
    the boy niko been struggling with his shot to be used as a stretch 4/pick and pop guy right now they gotta throw him in the post some

here i am thinking kirk aint got ? but agitation and 6 fouls left in him and he gonna go off for 26 pts on 11 of 14 shooting smfh rather than think less of jimmy performance because of what kirk did im just gonna chalk it up as a cause and effect of playing alongside of rose and pau
  • ckfree
    Options
    9TRAY_93EB wrote: »
    I hope Jimmy consistently shows this aggressiveness in the regular season. If he does that's a problem.

stacey never met a catchphrase he didnt run into the ground i hope this not another one and he was just hyped that night
  • BoogaSuga
    Options
    Can all yall stop talking bout Rose getting injured again.. why would yall even say that? cut that out man....
    post-41349-jonah-hill-oscars-cut-it-out-g-w5Tc.gif
    Bulls Cavs bout to go down right now btw
  • BoogaSuga
    Options
    9TRAY_93EB wrote: »

stacey never met a catchphrase he didnt run into the ground i hope this not another one and he was just hyped that night

Yea im pretty sure Stacey just meant that it was a Jordan type move. The media overreacted and ran with it. We all know its Jimmy Buckets never Jimmy Jordan
  • BoogaSuga
    Options
    Rose was lookin like hes back to MVP form tonight.
  • BoogaSuga
    Options
    Butler's MRI on his thumb confirmed sprained thumb ligaments. Will not practice this week and will sit out last preseason game. To be re-evaluated after that.

Dr.-Who.gif
  • ckfree
    Options
    FrightenedIllfatedItalianbrownbear.gif

blocks k love starts the break and feeds snell for the dunk theres nothing niko cant do he even tried a pass between his legs to taj a couple of games ago on the break lmao just goes to show no matter where you come from if you can ball you gonna feel comfortable on that court wherever its at

i had two fears going into the season

1. the obvious
    2. the mirotic ticket being cashed in and him sucking after hearing about him for years and no longer having that hope for the future insurance card

he plays long out there on d (with good instincts) and is more athletic and skilled than i originally thought -- the one thing he has yet to show is his shooting but with that aspect of his game being billed as his best skill smart money says it will come around

if this guy fulfills his potential its gonna change how this bulls team is viewed in the near and medium term future and with thibs coaching him i have no doubt he will its just a matter of time
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    It's good jimmy isn't seriously hurt cuz they way he reacted I thought he tore a ligament or fractured his finger or somethin,besides rose he's the player the bulls can least afford to lose.I wish the bulls could be collectively healthy for at least one season it seems like they never are.I think they gonna start off kinda slow like that year rose won mvp they were 9-8 then it'll start to click
  • ckfree
    Options
    It's good jimmy isn't seriously hurt cuz they way he reacted I thought he tore a ligament or fractured his finger or somethin,besides rose he's the player the bulls can least afford to lose.I wish the bulls could be collectively healthy for at least one season it seems like they never are.I think they gonna start off kinda slow like that year rose won mvp they were 9-8 then it'll start to click

word

every defender the bulls had last night laid off lebron and he was just casually facilitating

without that kyrie and dion did a lot of isolation which really minimizes the effectiveness of their team talent -- that game pretty much sold me on signing jimmy at any cost now just to guard lebron and happy to pay the price for just that valuable skill