Comments

• StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Thibs ain't high on snell
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If he shows the same aggression he did in summer league he could take the step needed to be a reliable 3-D guy off the bench. Still needs to put in work in the weight room though.
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thibs ain't high on snell

Dude play too passive, he showed aggressiveness in summer league and need to play that way this season
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Options
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Duke needs to utilize the depth.There's no reason why the bulls shouldn't play everyone and spread the mins out

That's my only knock on thibs is his stubbornness with rotations
    Tom Thibodeau thought Nikola Mirotic had a strong first day of training camp on Tuesday.

Then, the Chicago Bulls' coach reviewed the tape in advance of Wednesday's sessions.

"It was even better than I thought," Thibodeau said. "He has a great attitude. He’s going to be a good player. He has a lot to learn. But he has a lot of pride and great work ethic."

Known mostly as a shooter from his days playing professionally in Europe, teammates have noted that Mirotic also has the ability to put the ball on the floor and pass well."The thing that I really like about his game is he knows when to shoot and he knows when to pass," Thibodeau said. "He doesn’t force things. When he’s open, he shoots. If you’re closing at him hard, he’ll put it down on the floor. If he’s guarded well, he’ll make a play. Usually when a guy plays like that, the team will function well."

So he should get tick instead of being buried on the bench.
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    that stubbornness really is thibs only flaw (which is very real)

thats why when cwebb said that ? about thibs being a bad o coach i knew he didnt know what he was talking about -- his sets are underrated he just need players who can execute them

hopefully these new shooters arent afraid to pull it
  • deemula420
    deemula420 Members Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thibs gotta let them young bulls get some burn over the season. We made to many moves this offseason to only go 9 deep in rotation
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Roster is...

3224.png&w=350&h=254
    996.png&w=350&h=254
    1708.png&w=350&h=254
    6430.png&w=350&h=254
    3456.png&w=350&h=254

Bench

3986.png&w=350&h=254
    3192.png&w=350&h=254
    1981.png&w=350&h=254
    McBuckets
    Mirotic
    2528353.png&w=350&h=254
    568.png&w=350&h=254
    6460.png&w=350&h=254
    Bairstow
  • ckfree
    Options
    heard some dude on sirius radio say hes hearing thibs is really worried about white melo defense i see doug being the odd man out to at least january and probably until the all star break

and with garpax investing two first round picks on him i already see mitch lawrence kicking up dust
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tony Snell look like Slim from Cash Money
  • ckfree
    Options
    on the low

tony upside higher than jimmy

on the low though
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ckfree wrote: »
    on the low

on the low though

How so?

I think Jimmy has more potential to be a better two way player..
  • RiGGA
    RiGGA Members Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Strictly off the eye test, me literally going to the games, & not having seen ANY advanced stats on the dude, I can say he nice from the 3, certainly better than Jimmy in that aspect
  • ckfree
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    ckfree wrote: »
    on the low

on the low though

How so?

I think Jimmy has more potential to be a better two way player..

tony plays under control
    a good passer
    can take it to the rim
    and has a nice stroke

he just need to put on weight and become more aggressive (if one can even learn that)

jimmy on the other hand is limited offensively -- defensively i will give you that but this game is about getting buckets

ariza is what jimmy needs to become -- more consistent with the jumper and more active off the ball

just getting him back to his slashing self who gets to the ft line would be huge
  • twizza 77
    twizza 77 Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tony problem is he's too passive. settles for 3's when he could shoot midrange shots.
  • ckfree
    Options
    BxqcpnqCQAEqFn0.png:large

by the numbers jimmy supposedly one of the better two way guards and thats after shooting 39% from the field and 28% from 3 lmao

jimmy regressed offensively last year though i dont know if it was mental but he hesitated on a lot of shots even when they were open

year before that he let them go

maybe it was expectations and the pressure of when d rose went down again

hopefully he signs for 36 mil/4 years with incentives and if push comes to shove with the new tv deal looming and cap set to increase because of it -- 10 mil wouldnt hurt much as it previously would have
  • ckfree
    Options
    Snell added 15-20 pounds of muscle to his slender frame this summer but still seemingly hasn’t impressed Thibodeau.

‘‘See a lot of mysterious pounds these days,’’ Thibodeau said. ‘‘Every summer, I hear about everyone who gained 20 pounds of muscle, and they look the same to me. I want to see what it translates to on the floor. What’s the defense and rebounding like? That’s what I want to see.’’

i see thibs he heard all the rave reviews about snell during the summer and wants to remind snell that doesnt mean ? which is true -- i think thibs knows how good snell can be -- he sees the variety of skill he has on the offensive end to go along with the 7 foot wing span from the 2 spot
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My dude Niko coming down court hitting transition 3's!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZ93ksBTNp0
    1410196364108.gif

• Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I saw some good things yesterday.Once the chemistry and roles set in bulls gonna be a problem.This is the most shooters and offensive players thibs ever had and they still have elite defenders in jimmy,taj,noah and kirk is real solid + rose looked way more comfortable than he ever looked in the world cup.I hope thibs utilizes the depth he has.Pau was solid too on both ends
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    From the Knicks thread about yall squad lol
    rubixcuban wrote: »
    >>>>>>>>chi town if stat plays up to potential
  • RiGGA
    Options
    Of course that ? gon be hurt & ? gon be stuck talmbout what they (SHOULDA COULDA) WOULDA did if he ain't go punching fire extinguishers again
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 2,089
    edited October 2014
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    From the Knicks thread about yall squad lol
    rubixcuban wrote: »
    >>>>>>>>chi town if stat plays up to potential

I swear to ? you's a ? . A sneaky ? to

Control your emotions, you old chump.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 2,089
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • RiGGA
    Options
    This ? takes the Internet serious, leave em alone guys before he flags some more posts in this ? lmao