THE OFFICIAL 2014-2015 CHICAGO BULLS THREAD

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 2,089
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • RiGGA
    RiGGA Members Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RiGGA wrote: »
    This ? takes the Internet serious, leave em alone guys before he flags some more posts in this ? lmao

hypocrite, you care about the IC more than me. I don't give a ? about this IC ? . I'm not the one making a thread about renting a ? and asking posters on the IC should i do a threesome, like ? give a ? about your ? rendezvous. You the one starving to battle for someone who's not paying you no attention and asking ? to rate your battle raps. ? , i will son you. FOH

fake ass ?

Lmaooo you trying too hard to make a name for yourself son. Today makes exactly 2 months you've been here and you at 450 posts lmao the math says you're a ? loser just like every single person on the Knicks roster foh!

• TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Notes from the game

-Mirotic got a lot of potential, he needs to work on his defense and I don't like Thibs playing him at Center. Dudes out of position

-Jimmy could be the best perimeter defender in the league. I want to see him guard PGs like Lebron does

-Hell Rell prob. going to be the odd man out. Hinrich will prob. be the back up 2 guard

-Bulls front line Defense is going to be GAWDly this year
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

THATS MYYYY DOOOOOG

some shooters can be overly timid looking for their shot or too unselfish but the boy niko looks like he has no problem emptying the clip -- something this offense sorely needs

im impressed with thibs accepting the irrelevance of preseason too

3 out of 5 wizards starters played at least 26 minutes and pierce who still mad jo banged it on him 5 years ago probably would have too if he hadnt been in foul trouble early -- jimmy was the only bull to do so

im really starting to hate the wizards
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Snell be showin some light weight flashes but thibs don't fucc wit dude and his opportunities be limited what I think gonna happen is thibs will play kirk at the 2 more and snell will hardly play unless he ? this pre season.Mcbuckets defense is mad shakey but it's his 2nd game you can tell the speed is overwhelming to him right now mirotic too I doubt either plays significant mins for the 1st couple months.Taj and Pau are a good combo at the 4 and 5
  • RiGGA
    RiGGA Members Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think Snell Can be a weapon but I can't blame Thibbs for not believing in him. Dude had all last season to get comfortable on the court but if he still playing timid ? need to ride that pine till he nut up. Coach ain't for the sucka ? ain't nobody getting tick unless they ready to be on ? & i can respect that.

Can't really add any other insight until I'm able to start watching the preseason joints. Should be sooner than later though
  • BoogaSuga
    BoogaSuga Members Posts: 4,000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Game last night vs pistons was alot uglier than wizard game. Noah sat out to rest. Bulls lookin good tho.
    Taj looks even better and more confident on offense than last year. Probably cause he knows hes fighting for pt wit mirotic & gasol
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I'm cool with Brooks, just wish they had brought DJ back at the same price the Pistons paid. Because this version of the Bench Mob 3.0 has the potential to be the best, almost starter like if/when Mirotic and McFresh get use to the game speed. Along with Snell I want to see them clock heavy minutes in preseason.
  • ckfree
    Options
    i heard joe cowley from the suntimes on the radio last month talking about something relating to tony snell

he said it still bothers thibs that gar didnt reup ron adams who was not only thibs best assistant but also thibs best friend and there was that rumor that the reason gar let ron go to boston was because they both got into an argument over the drafting of tony snell

ron wanted tim hardway or dieng
    gar wanted snell

whats a given is how great tony looked in summer league and i know that dont mean ? but its something -- so for thibs to have him in the doghouse this early i dont know man

tony was great last game he forced the issue and got in the lane and got the foul on that final play -- knocked down two clutch free throws that kirk and d rose wouldnt have been able to do and followed that up in ot with a big three and then closes the game on a set play corner three

hell of a confidence boost im sure

tony gonna have to make thibs respect him (maybe thats the plan)
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    ckfree wrote: »
    i heard joe cowley from the suntimes on the radio last month talking about something relating to tony snell

he said it still bothers thibs that gar didnt reup ron adams who was not only thibs best assistant but also thibs best friend and there was that rumor that the reason gar let ron go to boston was because they both got into an argument over the drafting of tony snell

gar wanted snell

whats a given is how great tony looked in summer league and i know that dont mean ? but its something -- so for thibs to have him in the doghouse this early i dont know man

tony was great last game he forced the issue and got in the lane and got the foul on that final play -- knocked down two clutch free throws that kirk and d rose wouldnt have been able to do and followed that up in ot with a big three and then closes the game on a set play corner three

That's a fact.Ron adams told forman his opinion about the snell pick they got into it cuz of that then adams got fired

As far as the politics aint no time for that.If Snell is productive or doing what he's asked to do play him
  • ckfree
    Options

gar wanted snell

That's a fact.Ron adams told forman his opinion about the snell pick they got into it cuz of that then adams got fired

As far as the politics aint no time for that.If Snell is productive or doing what he's asked to do play him

tony has a completely different demeanor than he had in the summer and its showing

its obvious snell playing tight
    not playing with confidence
    sloppy with the ball in his hands
    etc

its the chicken and egg thing with thibs and snell consistent minutes could help but you know how thibs do he not gonna cough up minutes to accommodate anybody

thibs does deserve the benefit of the doubt he dont strike me as a guy who would hold on to something as petty like that so i think he testing snells mettle and wants to see if he is mentally tough enough to stay confident and loose despite a lack of minutes
  • S.jR.
    Options
  • deemula420
    deemula420 Members Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Despite win Thibs still concerned
    MILWAUKEE -- On the surface, Saturday night should have been a good one for the Chicago Bulls. They won for the first time in three preseason games, 91-85 over the Milwaukee Bucks. Derrick Rose played 22 minutes, the most time he's seen all preseason, scored 16 points, grabbed 5 rebounds and dished out 4 assists. Joakim Noah played almost 24 minutes, the most he's played all preseason, and scored 10 points. Pau Gasol and Jimmy Butler closed out the game, combining for 38 points and 18 rebounds, and held things down for their team down the stretch. Even rookie Doug McDermott played solidly in his first professional start, in place of Mike Dunleavy (sore knee).

Despite the victory and the performances, Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau was not pleased after the game. He wanted his team to show him more, and he continues to sound disappointed by its play over the past week.

"You're going to win some, you're going to lose some," Thibodeau said. "Obviously, you want to want to win a lot more than you lose. But I am very concerned about whether we're making the necessary preparations to win. Whether you're putting the work in that's necessary to win. I know what goes into winning and you have to do that every day. You can't skip that. You're not going to rest your way to success. You got to get sharp and you got to get sharp fast. It's a long season and you've got to prepare to play a long season."

Thibodeau has always been a hard man for his team to please. He wants his players always to reach for much more. He wants perfection on a daily basis, but what's more attainable in his world is effort. It's clear from Thibodeau's comments that he doesn't feel his team is putting in the kind of effort it needs right now into preparing for the season. As somebody who has been with Thibodeau during all five years of his tenure, Bulls power forward Taj Gibson seems to understand where his domineering coach is coming from.

"Right now it's training camp," Gibson said. "Right now you can't tap us on the back right away. We're still trying to learn. We're still trying to get better. We got a young group of guys, an extremely talented group of guys, and we're just trying to figure it out. A lot of expectations, a lot of stuff's going to come at us right away. We got a lot of teams that are going to come at us and we can't slouch. I love [Thibs'] mentality, how he's pushing us.The players can sense that Thibodeau is a little tighter than usual. They understand that expectations, with a healthy Rose back in the fold, are higher than they have been in recent memory. Fans want another championship and they want one this season. That's why Saturday's game, despite the outcome, is another reminder that the players had better be ready to tighten things up a lot more before the Oct. 29 regular season opener at Madison Square Garden against the New York Knicks.

"Just extra effort," McDermott said of what Thibodeau wants. "Not giving up on plays, getting back on defense. I think he's just a perfectionist. And he wants everyone to be in the right spot and I think we did a lot better job of that tonight."

Gibson knows better. The veteran used an example of a team that didn't live up to expectations recently, an example Thibodeau has surely discussed with his own team.

"You see how Brooklyn was last year," Gibson said. "So much expectation and they were scratching and clawing to get in [the playoffs]. We understand that we got a lot of things in front of us and we're pushing. We got a lot of things we got to correct from defense to offense. I think we're good, though. I think guys are hungry and we want to push it and keep working. But everybody's just got to push a little bit harder."

That's exactly the way the veteran coach wants his team to think. His message couldn't have been clearer Saturday night. He wants the Bulls to get back on track quickly because he knows that everybody will be gunning for them this season.

"The decisions as to who is going to play is going to be based on performance," Thibodeau said. "If your game's not sharp I'm going to the next guy. So that's the way it's going to be."
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thibs can win the damn championship and find something to complain about the game
  • deemula420
    deemula420 Members Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thibs can win the damn championship and find something to complain about the game

Gotta love his drive though dude is never content with being good because he knows there is always room to improve

• S.jR.
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Pau Gasol, Bulls Believe He Can Thrive Defensively In Thibodeau's System

Pau Gasol believes the Chicago Bulls' system on defense will maximize his attributes on that end of the floor.

The Bulls won't have Gasol guarding "stretch four" forwards on the perimeter and will allow him to use his length to defend the rim.

"I've always been more of an offensive-minded player," Gasol said. "But my shot blocking I think always has been a little under the radar. With this defense, I'm going to be in the paint a lot protecting the rim. I think I'm going to have a pretty good season defensively. This group of guys covers so much ground. There's a lot of length and athleticism and activity. That makes it easier for everyone."

"He can do better," Tom Thibodeau said of Gasol. "He has done well, but I think he can be great. That's what I want him to be. He has great length. He has great timing. He's smart. He can anticipate. He's still not communicating as well as he's capable of, but he has done well thus far."

"This system is all based on activity and intensity," Gasol said. "Just picking up that fact and then what's going to make our defense great is working together and communicating. That's what we're trying to build."
  • S.jR.
    Options
    It's early but I think McFresh should start, not because he's leaps and bounds already better than Dunleavy but I'd rather have an extra veteran on the second team Bench Mob instead of Snell, Dougie and Niko.

And even if they go small in the back court with Brooks and Kirk and not Snell, Mirotic won't have as much pressure on him to find his shot.
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No Excuses for the Bulls this year, we have the deepest roster in the NBA. Our Bench alone can make the playoffs in the East and Thibs has so many more weapons, he doesn't have to wear down his players any more
  • ckfree
    Options
    pau is no defensive prowess but im really surprised with his effort on d these couple of preseason games

i dont think gasol gets the proper respect from a lot of the ? kobe people as a major contender piece clearly kobe did which is why he always took up for him

bulls gonna need way more offense via pau not just scoring but touches/playmaking -- gonna have to go to him like a real 2 option and not just another guy otherwise it will be too much pressure on niko and doug to help supplement the offense
  • ckfree
    Options
    jimmy been mobbing too

18 pts on 7/9
    18 pts on 6/10

even if his 3ball never get to league average (still holding out hope) just so as long as he stays efficient he is a huge + on O to go along with his incredible d and overall hustle

sign him already man
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    Mirotic gonna be much better next year.He gonna need a year to adapt to the nba,get stronger etc but I think once he learns how to play in this league duke gonna be nice.Mcbuckets too
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    jimmy been mobbing too

18 pts on 7/9
    18 pts on 6/10

even if his 3ball never get to league average (still holding out hope) just so as long as he stays efficient he is a huge + on O to go along with his incredible d and overall hustle

sign him already man

Word
    O.G. wrote: »
    Who gets more money? Reggie in Okc or Jimmy in Chi.

if both stay healthy ..Reggie .. No doubt ...Jimmy is too one dimensional at this point of his career to break bread off with...

if mybaby bulls sign him for anything more than 4/25mil they taking a L .... i wouldn't even match no ? thats over that price if i were them

lol @ this nonsense and this clown calls himself a bulls fan
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jimmy been mobbing too

18 pts on 7/9
    18 pts on 6/10

sign him already man

Word

if both stay healthy ..Reggie .. No doubt ...Jimmy is too one dimensional at this point of his career to break bread off with...

if mybaby bulls sign him for anything more than 4/25mil they taking a L .... i wouldn't even match no ? thats over that price if i were them

lol at this ? using a preseason game to try and validate a point ..... LMAO

2667527-6369123666-38866.gif

? are you seriously mad cos im not juiced off a preason game? you realize Brandon Jennings is leading the leauge in Asst right now right? i guess he's the next Steve Nash too riiiihh?? ...lmao ? idiot ..this that type ? why i cant take you ? serious

• Tommy bilfiger
    edited October 2014
    Options
    jimmy been mobbing too

18 pts on 7/9
    18 pts on 6/10

sign him already man

Word

? are you seriously mad cos im not juiced off a preason game? you realize Brandon Jennings is leading the leauge in Asst right now right? i guess he's the next Steve Nash too riiiihh?? ...lmao ? idiot ..this that type ? why i cant take you ? serious

Yea cuz I'm basing it off of 2 pre season games not how jimmy put up 16 and 6 and shot 42% from 3's in the playoffs vs the heat while being the primary defender on lebron that whole series,or his 2nd team defense selection in his 1st season starting or how he consistently defends the nba's best scorers just 2 pre season games.
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jimmy been mobbing too

18 pts on 7/9
    18 pts on 6/10

sign him already man

Word

Yea cuz I'm basing it off of 2 pre season games not how jimmy put up 16 and 6 and shot 42% from 3's in the playoffs vs the heat while being the primary defender on lebron that whole series,or his 2nd team defense selection in his 1st season starting or how he consistently defends the nba's best scorers just 2 pre season games.

now here this ? go with this cherry picking stats again.... 30.9% shooting IS NOT GOOD that is below league average ? ...that is his CAREER average not a handful of games.. lmao ? clown bruh ....did you really think that was a good point?

he shot 28% from 3 ALLL of last season ... 28 ? percent?

? them is GROWN MAN STATS .... that you gotta deal with .... no matter how much fabricated ..isolated ? you post ... it cant ? with one ounce of that REAL ?

and i never said anything about his defense ... everybody knows that he is an amazing excellent exquisite defender ... what exactly is your point in bringing up his defense again? ? you are the king of the irrelevant point ....what you gone say next ... uhhh uhhh he's 6'7'' THATS GREAT HEIGHT JD!!!!!!!

? outta here ? ass ? ... holla at me round allstar break and then we'll see what he's doing ... HOPEFULLY its well as that would only help my team win .... im not going to root for one of my players to fail just to prove a point to your ?