~TIME TO GO GET OUR BIKES BACK!!~ The Official Washington REDSKINS Thread. HTTR

Options

Comments

• Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    BDB wrote: »
    Stew wrote: »
    So apparently things went as planned at practice today. Griff and company looked shaky and Brady picked our secondary apart lol

Yeah Brady went off from what I'm seeing. Heard our offense settled in during the 11 on 11 period. 7 on 7 was pedestrian.

Defense supposedly got that work through the air lol. Good though. Get that self evaluation early. Last preseason we was looking like the 91' Skins then the season came.

Looking forward to see how we bounce back in tomorrow's session.

Thinking from a coaching perspective, after watching film of the team last year Im assuming Gruden brought Brady down to do this ? on purpose, make these ? realize they aint ? lol. Lets be real the Patriots arguably have a Super Bowl roster and we're coming off a 3 win season.
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Some 1 on 1's from earlier
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33e6iKXVioI

aw3xx.gif

Above gif from the vid above. Lightskin RG3 Ryan Grant(He's a III too apparently) been killing it in camp. Prior to the Pats arrival our coaches and players were raving about him. Now the Pats staff have been saying good things also.

Other Takeaways from today's practice.

[o] Jordan Reed was unstoppable. He's been having his way with the Pats LB's and Safeties.

[o] Brady still been getting best of the Defense. It's Brady though.

[o] Run offense seems to not have lost a step.

[o]Front 7 seemed to generate more pressure today in comparison to yesterday. Hatch should be back Monday.

[o] Run defense I have no clue. No reports or tweets really bring it up. I guess no news is good news on that front.

[o] The two defensive rookies seem to be playing well. Bashaud had a pick today.

• S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man the offense has top 5 in the league potential.

Alfred x Helu x Lache Seastrunk at RB

Then Reed, Garcon, and Jackson recieving.

If you mix that w/ RG3's yr 1 passing and running

o-STEVE-HARVEY-CRIES-facebook.jpg

We aint had firepower like this since the Posse
  • The Iconoclast
    The Iconoclast Members Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BDB wrote: »
    Some 1 on 1's from earlier
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33e6iKXVioI

aw3xx.gif

Above gif from the vid above. Lightskin RG3 Ryan Grant(He's a III too apparently) been killing it in camp. Prior to the Pats arrival our coaches and players were raving about him. Now the Pats staff have been saying good things also.

Other Takeaways from today's practice.

[o] Jordan Reed was unstoppable. He's been having his way with the Pats LB's and Safeties.

[o] Brady still been getting best of the Defense. It's Brady though.

[o] Run offense seems to not have lost a step.

[o]Front 7 seemed to generate more pressure today in comparison to yesterday. Hatch should be back Monday.

[o] Run defense I have no clue. No reports or tweets really bring it up. I guess no news is good news on that front.

[o] The two defensive rookies seem to be playing well. Bashaud had a pick today.

Appreciate the update fam.

Can't say I'm shocked that Haslett hasn't transformed our D to at least average/solid yet. Hopefully our run defense can alleviate our obvious pass coverage weakness, especially when we play against strong passing offenses.

If Reed can stay healthy, he's sounding like he's damn near Pro Bowl bound. Grant's play is pleasantly surprising to hear, hopefully he takes some of Aldrick Robinson looks, until Robinson proves he can be more a consistent deep field threat and not drop so many catches.
  • Stew
    Options
    Yea been hearing a lot about R Grant also. Gonna be interesting to see how he gets on the field being that WR is arguably our strongest position nowadays which is odd as ? to say lol
  • BDBIID
    Options
    Stew wrote: »
    Yea been hearing a lot about R Grant also. Gonna be interesting to see how he gets on the field being that WR is arguably our strongest position nowadays which is odd as ? to say lol

Word that ? used to be so depressing..Cats like Roydell ? Williams...dawg.
  • fightforolddc
    fightforolddc Members Posts: 981 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Apparently Baccarri Rambo was getting sliced and diced by the Patriots.

Dude is terrible. He need to step da ? up or get cut.
  • Stew
    Options
  • BDBIID
    Options
    [Preseason] Game Night!

Players I'm looking forward to seeing tonight:

Chris Thompson- CT been getting a lot of hype for finally being healthy. Watching him last in comparison I could tell he wasn't a 100%. So let's see what he got coaches and teammates neem hyping him in TC.

Lache Seastrunk- Was a big fan of dude at Baylor. Straight electric trying to see what translates.

Bashaud Breeland- It has been said in reports he's been more than holding his own in TC,minicamp, etc. Now time to see what happens when the bullets start flying.

Spencer Long and Josh LeRiebus- Somebody has to unseat Chris Chester. Please.

Tom Compton- Same as above. Would like to see him unseat Polumbus. Moses has been struggling early.

Ryan Grant- Kid has a lot of talent. Looking forward to seeing it in game action.
  • Stew
    Options
    Lookin forward to seeing nobody get hurt!

HAIL!
  • Stew
    Options
    Hard to take away a lot from that game but seems like we have some depth in positions we normally wouldnt.

Maaad speed from the RB's, gonna be tough to cut 2 of them. Gruden loves to use them out the backfield, somethin we havnt seen in a long time.

OL and DL was solid.

Griff was meh in one drive but we moved the ball

D played great but Mallett looked like ? .

No serious injuries FTW!
  • BDBIID
    Options
    Best thing about these young backs is Evan Royster won't ever carry the ball fro us in reg season game again.

#pinkslipcomin'
  • The Iconoclast
    The Iconoclast Members Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah fam, Royster is mediocre at best, he has limited elusiveness/explosion to say the least. The rest of our backs though...they showed that 2nd gear burst/speed, that we need any time we have to change the pace from Morris.
    Our rushing attack will still be deadly, looks like Gruden ain't trying to fix what isn't broke so that's good.

It's hard to really judge our D since Brady sat out but there was nice pressure on the pocket periodically.

Really hard to judge RGIII since he only had one series and Gruden vanilla'd the playbook up purposely and we ran most of the time.

That 2pt conversion/longer extrapoint dilemma is interesting, I wonder how that's going to playout in the league.

• Ibex
    Ibex Members Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My take aways...I liked how throughout the game we were able to establish the run even with the back ups so our O-line may not be as much as a concern from before. The RB competion may be the best camp battle Morris & Helu are locked in but Thompson showed he has a unique skillset, and Seastrunk has to much speed to let go, Royster and Redd may be the odd men out. I like that I saw good route running and hands from Ryan Grant, I'm still not sold on Aldrick yet though. What I was impressed by was the play of Trenton Robinson, he seemed to always be around the ball making plays, and I saw sure tackling from him. He may become a surprise and add some depth to an already weak safety position.
  • VAmusicfiend
    VAmusicfiend Members Posts: 13
    Options
    Not sold on the Skins doing anything more then 7-9 This year....Maybe this will be the year RG3 comes into his own and his TRUE Strengths and Weakness get exposed(maybe at 100% this time for excuse makers)....And the coaches can sit with him and get the pieces he needs.

I mean I been in DMV since 1998 BUT aint never been a skins fan....Unless Lavar Was Getting PT on the field with Champ then..Nah Cant root for the da team
  • fightforolddc
    Options
    I can't wait to see Jaccpot on the field. Can't wait to see Jackson, Garcon and Reed run thru the secondary.

Like has been said earlier, on paper our offense is turnt.

Any word on how Griff has looked in camp?
  • fightforolddc
    Options
    I been reading that he spent last week "learning from Brady." The Wash Post writers (Mike Jones/Jason Reid/Mike Wise) was too busy licking Brady's nuts to talk about Robert's progression.
  • BDBIID
    Options

Any word on how Griff has looked in camp?

90% of the reports have been that he has looked good. Had a couple rough moments once in a while but definitely more good than bad.

Only negative report was that Reiss guy saying Kirk looked better. Which all the local reporters and a lot of national guys who been to multiple practices shot down as off base.
  • Stew
    Options
    Not sold on the Skins doing anything more then 7-9 This year....Maybe this will be the year RG3 comes into his own and his TRUE Strengths and Weakness get exposed(maybe at 100% this time for excuse makers)....And the coaches can sit with him and get the pieces he needs.

I mean I been in DMV since 1998 BUT aint never been a skins fan....Unless Lavar Was Getting PT on the field with Champ then..Nah Cant root for the da team

WTF? Hes gotta LT, WR's, RB and TE. What else does a QB need?
  • keez.
    keez. Members Posts: 546 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I've got the Skins going either 6-10 or 7-9 :-?
  • moyo
    moyo Members Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The NFC east is too unpredictable, offensively we got a squad on paper. It's the D I'm worried about.
  • moyo
    Options
    Skins fans where y'all @???
  • BDBIID
    Options
    Even in preseason. I hate having to wait til Monday to watch the squad.
  • Stew
    Options
    Wack af MNF in preseason. Pretty pumped for the game tho. Shld have everybody but Hatcher on the field this week.
  • moyo
    Options
    Come on Alfred!!! Hold on to the rock!!!