~TIME TO GO GET OUR BIKES BACK!!~ The Official Washington REDSKINS Thread. HTTR

Options

Comments

• Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Shocked by RG3's deterioration. Expected him to drop a couple thousands yards on the Eagles throughout the decade. That owner is an idiot and already ? his head up imho. ? is prolly one more injury away at this point. What a waste smh.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    "The owner is an idiot and already ? his head" elaborate on that @Swiffness!‌
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    houston need a QB....better get em on the phone and try to dump cousins if he ball out...or even RG3 if the skins are dumb enough to go that route.

RG3 in texas is $$$$$
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rambo got waived..

It had to happen. Too many chances.
  • fightforolddc
    fightforolddc Members Posts: 981 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn.

I wanted him gone for awhile but I ain't really expect him to get straight-up cut LMAO.
  • Stew
    Options
    LOL I read that ? this morning and bust out laughing for real. ? that guy.
  • Ibex
    Ibex Members Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Get Rambo all the way the ? outta here!
  • moyo
    moyo Members Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I really wanted Rambo to succeed, but the ? jus couldn't cut it. Merriweather needs to be next.
  • fightforolddc
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Deadass mad Kirk missed that last ball to Pierre. The pick was a miscommunication but Pierre ran a crisp route and a completion there puts us in FG range at worst. Winnable game that we let slip away.

That said this game shows what our offense can look like with better quarterback play (note I didn't say a better QB, i said better performance). Guys catching ? down the field, in stride. My bro pointed this one out — as shaky as our o-line used to look, they gave up no sacks while throwing 50 times yesterday, even without our running game working. There were some throws where Kirk let that thang go before the receiver even ran his route, and they were on the money (especially the one to Roberts, though it was incomplete). That's the type ? Peyton Manning does, and that's why he's successful even without any arm strength.

Those are the kind of things we want Griff to do, with the added benefit of being able to make plays with his legs. Like you see Russ Wilson doing. But to do that he has to trust the oline, see the field better and anticipate with his throws. I pray he can do it. But I aint een worried about for now. What's clear is that with Kirk under center, we're explosive.

Couple other things:

1. I'm worried about playing a game that physical on Sunday, then having to play again four games later. Plus the Giants looked good on Sunday. Must win game, too.

2. This is why we got Jaccpot. He stretches the defense and opens things up like no player we've had before. He runs that deep crossing route better than any player in the league. On that one yesterday, he was double-teamed but just ran right through it (props to Kirk for getting the ball out there so he could go n get it).

3. D-Hall loss could be devastating. He's our best guy in the secondary at this point, and our safety play is just in shambles. Brandon Merriweather ass need to get RELEASED. Dude is a ? ? . He can't cover or tackle, and even his good hits are 15-yard penalties. I think the spotlight's on Amerson. He has all-pro ability.

4. D-line played well enough yesterday, and got good pressure on Foles. The LBs, more than anything, let us down yesterday. Keenan Robinson and Perry Riley were burned repeatedly yesterday.

5. Roberts was a helluva acquisition. He might be the key to the offense. With him runnin the slot with precision and the guys we got outside, our passing game looking vicious.
  • fightforolddc
    Options
    6. Ryan Clark is a valuable veteran presence, but he just too slow to start as safety at this point. On the screen pass that Maclin housed (but we got a lucky flag), the Eagles CENTER was outrunning him down the field.
  • moyo
    Options
    We had a lot of flags yesterday as well. The refs bailed Philly out quite a bit, but we shouldn't have even been in that position. Co-sign on Merriweather, I been said that boy needs to go. E.J. Biggers has no business havin a job either. That fool got killed up the seams all day yesterday.
  • fightforolddc
    edited September 2014
    Options
    moyo wrote: »
    We had a lot of flags yesterday as well. The refs bailed Philly out quite a bit, but we shouldn't have even been in that position. Co-sign on Merriweather, I been said that boy needs to go. E.J. Biggers has no business havin a job either. That fool got killed up the seams all day yesterday.

Bruh good call. Hes almost as bad as Meriweather. Our CB play is solid but our safeties gonna be the death of us man.

EDIT: I guess Biggers is a corner again. I just see him trailing so many plays like the rest of our safeties. He's forever in the trail position.
  • fightforolddc
    Options
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah Kirk played really well until late. I forgot what reporter tweeted it but they said Kirk has the propensity to start off scorching then tail off down the stretch. Hope dude can fix that.

In the NFL thread I posted before our final drive that I hoped he proved my gut feeling wrong and led us for a score. It just felt like the end of last years Dallas game all over again. ( the end that is)

& I can't fault Keenan at all. He was manned up on Ertz, a hell of a player, all day and held him in check. Yeah he had the PI when Ertz had a step on him other than that he played well.
    Perry Riley did struggle mightily in coverage though.

D Hall gonna be missed dearly. Also hope the NFL don't pull no ? ? and suspend Amerson a game (he threw some punches in the melee refs didn't catch). Breeland gonna get thrown into the fire now, which I feel he can handle. Fans will have to understand he's gonna make rookie mistakes though. & Tracy Porter needs to dust off his little boo boo's and get on the field.
  • fightforolddc
    Options
    Yeah, the last throw Kirk missed wouldve tied the game at least. My cuz calls him "Kirk Chokins". But we gonna act like 34 points shouldn't win the game? There were two ? he put on Garcon that were just phenomenal, ? you don't even see top of the line QBs make. And while Ive worried about his arm strength, he put that deep ball on D-Jack 60-65 yards on a rope.
  • fightforolddc
    Options
    Oh, and Pierre was cookin Fletcher all day. Eagles got sum ? corners. They were cheapshotting our receivers and not getting called.
  • fightforolddc
    Options
  • Stew
    Options
    Shouldve won that game yesterday. We lost and we lost our best DB. Our secondary is ? smh.
  • The Iconoclast
    The Iconoclast Members Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Stew wrote: »
    Shouldve won that game yesterday. We lost and we lost our best DB. Our secondary is ? smh.
    Word.

Bruh you know we're ? when this happens:
    Chase was getting smoked on simple hitch & go-routes in preseason. I hope he's improved because now he's about to face some real action..
  • Stew
    Options
    I like Breeland tho but he mightve cost us that game by not holding on to that INT smh ? ourselves so bad. Played outstanding against Shady and we still lost smh
  • fightforolddc
    Options
    Redskins DBs gon get some chances though. Eli always throws 2-3 high floaters into traffic.

My concern is less about their coverage as in their ability to make a play on the ball. Who in the secondary can actually MAKE a play (like D-Hall can)?
  • moyo
    Options
    If we had any competent safeties on the backend I'd be fine, Ryan Clark str8 but slow, but I want Merriweather gone like yesterday.
  • moyo
    Options
    WTF happened to Philip Thomas??? He must have got cut.
  • Stew
    Options
    Hes on the practice squad due to injuries.