~TIME TO GO GET OUR BIKES BACK!!~ The Official Washington REDSKINS Thread. HTTR

Options

Comments

• BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah that's like the 2nd or 3rd time I seen Alf fumble a pitch before.
  • moyo
    moyo Members Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like that Kerrigan, give Johnny the money sign!!! Lol
  • BDBIID
    Options
    Poor mechanics on the pick and took unnecessary shots outside of that. Griff played well. Should've been 7/9 but DJacc let one get away. Happens.

The O looks promising though.

1st D played really well. Cleveland moved the ball on that last drive but it stalled slightly past mind field.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    2 bad signs with rg3-he still goes backward, sometimes even turning his back, vs the rush. And he's stubborn af when i comes to taking hits.

He's gotta get that ? together bc everything else is in place on offense. He looked good when he had time
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So nobody gon say it, Huh?

Red got his ass knocked the ? out tryin to get his bike back.
  • Ibex
    Ibex Members Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Some things I saw that are still a concern, the O-line although improved in pass protection still isn't very big, and that showed when we couldn't get it in on 4 tries from the 1 yard line. Also RG3 is still out here thinking he's invincible and trying to do to much and taking unnecessary hits. In addition to having that ? slide motion.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    The Griff thing is obvious to everyone. He's still learning, hopefully he doesnt end his life/career being ? . Terrible throw to DJax and Im sure Gruden is giving him hell about it. Outside of that, he looked good hanging in the pocket. Interior of the Oline struggled but I think Cleveland is going to have a solid D and we moved the ball well on 3 drives i think it was.

Our D looked good, not much else to say, they did what they were supposed to do to 2 subpar QB's.
  • fightforolddc
    fightforolddc Members Posts: 981 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stew wrote: »
    The Griff thing is obvious to everyone. He's still learning, hopefully he doesnt end his life/career being ? . Terrible throw to DJax and Im sure Gruden is giving him hell about it. Outside of that, he looked good hanging in the pocket. Interior of the Oline struggled but I think Cleveland is going to have a solid D and we moved the ball well on 3 drives i think it was.

Our D looked good, not much else to say, they did what they were supposed to do to 2 subpar QB's.

Cosigned. Bob looked pretty good, made a bad throw, but overall i didn't learn much from yesterday. Until we strap up game 1 im not basing anything off preseason.
  • BDBIID
    Options
    Watching the game over and.....

Bashaud Breeland just makes ? plays.

Idk if he'll be the nickel by opening day but by week 4ish no doubt he will be. Son gotta let the weed go, too talented.

• Stew
    Options
    Been hearing good things about Breeland, lets hope he pans out cause ? knows we need some secondary help.
  • O.P.E.S.
    O.P.E.S. Members Posts: 42 ✭✭
    Options
    I would let Breeland get some run with the first team nickle package this week, since Porter won't be playing. Bacarri looks good too. Hopefully Thomas can stay healthy as well. The secondary might be looking in the next couple of years.
  • Stew
    Options
    The OL rooks Moses and Long will get some pt with the 1st string O against the Ravens. Gotta feeling Gruden wasnt too happy about not being able to get the ball in the endzone on that goal line stand.
  • BDBIID
    Options
    O.P.E.S. wrote: »
    I would let Breeland get some run with the first team nickle package this week, since Porter won't be playing. Bacarri looks good too. Hopefully Thomas can stay healthy as well. The secondary might be looking in the next couple of years.

Welcome to the thread fam, post up.

The OL rooks Moses and Long will get some pt with the 1st string O against the Ravens. Gotta feeling Gruden wasnt too happy about not being able to get the ball in the endzone on that goal line stand.

Yeah anything to get Chester weak ass outta here. I used to think Polumbus was the weakest link. He weak as ? too but not like Chris Chester smh.
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    my take is I saw that Cousins looked way more comfortable in the pocket than RG3 did in that MNF game

the defensive secondary played together pretty much the entire game even tho we put different groups out there....it really gave us the opportunity to see the speed of our pass rush on a couple of plays...very encouraging to see

I winced a lot tho at RG3 running like a newborn horse because not only is he still struggling at sliding, but even his run mechanics were sloppy as ? running with the ball..........I couldn't tell if he just wasn't comfortable with planting his feet on direction changes cause of not needing the brace anymore or if the field just needs new sod SMH

he looked like he did almost like that NFC playoff game we loss to Seattle before he collapsed

I was also encouraged to see Santana Moss on that screen play where he went 15+ yards.........I've always hoped the Redskins would get two taller wideouts and finally have Moss transition to the slot.........he would ? from the slot, especially with someone like Djack running over top.............between Garcon, Djack, Reed, and Moss from the slot we could literally cut up any other team's secondary this year

my biggest concern however is whenever RG3 appears mediocre, it seems like Cousins shines a lil bit more........I don't want us to fall apart in the season because we start having an internal QB battle just cause Snyder feels like he can make more money off having RG3 as the starter.......we need to always have the best QB on the field regardless of whoever that is
  • BDBIID
    Options
    The thing is Kirk turns the ball over at a way higher rate & for that idc how comfortable he looks.

When RG came out of college he was a great passer in a air raid like system. Meaning he didn't have to go through QB drops often. It was get the snap, quick scan, make a decision.

The Shanahans didn't help the situation by basically running the same O (fundamentally) just with pro concepts because the coaching up that's been expected for him since college he hasn't seen yet. The Shanny's cut corners to just win quickly. Can't knock em they heads were on the chopping block it is what it is. Worked year one and they tried it year two and it failed miserably.

I just seen a tweet recently saying how reporters are just now seeing Griff being coached up on 3 step and 5 step drops. So it's understandable Griff looks more frenetic in the pocket. He's still learning. Whereas Kirk's been in such system since college. So comfortability is expected. But what good is being comfortable when the guy that's still learning still puts up better #'s and turns the ball over less? Not to mention has a way better upside...
  • UinitiatedMgt
    UinitiatedMgt Members Posts: 161 ✭✭
    Options
    my take is I saw that Cousins looked way more comfortable in the pocket than RG3 did in that MNF game

the defensive secondary played together pretty much the entire game even tho we put different groups out there....it really gave us the opportunity to see the speed of our pass rush on a couple of plays...very encouraging to see

I winced a lot tho at RG3 running like a newborn horse because not only is he still struggling at sliding, but even his run mechanics were sloppy as ? running with the ball..........I couldn't tell if he just wasn't comfortable with planting his feet on direction changes cause of not needing the brace anymore or if the field just needs new sod SMH

he looked like he did almost like that NFC playoff game we loss to Seattle before he collapsed

I was also encouraged to see Santana Moss on that screen play where he went 15+ yards.........I've always hoped the Redskins would get two taller wideouts and finally have Moss transition to the slot.........he would ? from the slot, especially with someone like Djack running over top.............between Garcon, Djack, Reed, and Moss from the slot we could literally cut up any other team's secondary this year

my biggest concern however is whenever RG3 appears mediocre, it seems like Cousins shines a lil bit more........I don't want us to fall apart in the season because we start having an internal QB battle just cause Snyder feels like he can make more money off having RG3 as the starter.......we need to always have the best QB on the field regardless of whoever that is

It's like watching someone juggle valuable china blindfolded.

Hopefully he'll be able to start all 16 games...hopefully.
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Aye ? the redskins bruh ... Lmao ? ? SUCK!
  • Stew
    Options
    Anybody jumpin off the wagon on Griff yet like some fans ive seen? lol

I hvnt gotten a chance to watch the whole Ravens game yet.
  • BDBIID
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I'm not. Last night wasn't good at all on his part but the overreactions when it come to him are crazy high. I get it though he's a polarizing individual at the moment. If he plays like this once the bullets start really flying for a few games then I'll panic.

Right now nope. It's not encouraging but I'm not losing my ? in any capacity.

But to the good...

The defense looking legit. And for me it's not the end result (yards allowed, points allowed) because that can be misleading in preseason because of the vanilla offenses. It's fundamentally all 11 are flying to the ball to gang tackle. In the past it would be way too many guys standing around looking for someone else to make the play instead of reacting and gang tackling.

Keenan Robinson looks legit. It's refreshing to see a LB that flies around again. Because as great as Fletch was he lost a few steps the last couple years. He was still great in small areas making tackles and such. In space is where he was a liability whether in coverage or open field tackling.

Another aspect of the D that should translate is the way they're able to pressure the QB. We played two strong O-Lines in back to back weeks and got great pressure on the passer. Good test because both Philly and Dallas have real good O-Lines. NYG's a ? of an OL.

• moyo
    moyo Members Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RG looked good in the Cleveland game, even tho he didn't look good @ all last night I ain't tripping. Baltimore's D looks pretty solid. @BDBIID‌ Co-sign on the defense. That's what I'm worried about the most.
  • Rasta.
    Rasta. Members Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/08/24/joe-theismann-kirk-cousins-has-outplayed-rg3/

Joe Theismann: Kirk Cousins has outplayed RG3

Posted by Darin Gantt on August 24, 2014, 9:59 AM EDT
    Washington Redskins v Baltimore Ravens
    Getty Images
    Washington doesn’t have a quarterback controversy.

But if you listen to Joe Theismann, maybe it should.

Theismann used his platform on the team’s own preseason broadcast to question Robert Griffin III’s grasp on things, and to praise the work done by backup Kirk Cousins.

“Let’s stop beating around the bush,” Theismann said in the fourth quarter, via the Washington Post. “Kirk Cousins has played much better at the quarterback position than Robert Griffin III has. Now, Robert is learning to work out of a pocket. He doesn’t look as smooth or as comfortable throwing the football. I mean, your eyes will tell you everything you need to know.

“It’s going to be a decision that Jay Gruden is going to have to make. Right now, Robert Griffin III is his quarterback. Now, if there was a quarterback competition, it wouldn’t be a competition. Kirk Cousins would be the man I believe he would have to go to, because of the efficiency with which he has run [the offense]. Now Kirk, like I said, is basically a drop-back quarterback. I see Andy Dalton in Cincinnati, I see Kirk Cousins that way. …”

Theismann even circled back at the end of the game, saying: “I think there’s going to be a lot of conversation after this football game regarding the quarterback position,”

“You can’t avoid it,” he said. “Your eyes don’t lie to you. Robert has struggled in the limited opportunities that he has had. And Kirk Cousins has seized the opportunities that he has had when it comes to playing the position and understanding the offense.”

Cousins did have better numbers, but they all came against reserves. And as much as Theismann might appreciate a traditional drop-back passer, the reality is Cousins has looked average or worse when he’s had a chance to play.

There’s no indication Jay Gruden shares Theismann’s thoughts, but if he did, it would create a controversy in D.C. that pales only to the nickname.

#Deadskins
  • Stew
    edited August 2014
    Options
    ^^The same Theisman that said be patient with him a few weeks ago. I guess he forgot about those 3 games the "more comfortable" Cousins had last season that rated him the worst QB rating in the league with 100 passes against 3 of the worst defenses in the league. Sigh

My homie(Falcons fan) hit me this morning with the "are you worried?" No man, Im not, not yet at least. Im expecting him to struggle a little, despite having a great WR core. This aint that bs offense he was gettin fed under the Shanahans that was easy for him cause it was basically the same ? he was running in college and eventually ended up being his demise. (Im sorta saying the same thing @BDB said earlier). I just wanna see the ? make the right decisions and get rid of the ball when nothing is available and in time I believe the dude is smart enough to get that. The talent and accuracy is there. Call me a homer idc.
  • Rasta.
    Rasta. Members Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^^The same Theisman that said be patient with him a few weeks ago. I guess he forgot about those 3 games the "more comfortable" Cousins had last season that rated him the worst QB rating in the league with 100 passes against 3 of the worst defenses in the league. Sigh

My homie(Falcons fan) hit me this morning with the "are you worried?" No man, Im not, not yet at least. Im expecting him to struggle a little, despite having a great WR core. This aint that bs offense he was gettin fed under the Shanahans that was easy for him cause it was basically the same ? he was running in college and eventually ended up being his demise. (Im sorta saying the same thing @BDB said earlier). I just wanna see the ? make the right decisions and get rid of the ball when nothing is available and in time I believe the dude is smart enough to get that. The talent and accuracy is there. Call me a homer idc.

#Homer! lol
  • BDBIID
    Options
    Lmaooo LS Nick Sundberg Trollin'.

#TeammatesHateHim #LostTheLockerRoom
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm keeping faith in RG3 too.......but I'm not naive enough to just ignore how much the media influence will be an impact during the season if RG3 keeps struggling

we actually have the talent, so I don't want to see us lose cause of some internal battle between players

case if RG3 don't produce like we expect him to, I would not be surprised if he started losing the locker room

he won't have either of the Shanahans to blame this time