Quentin Tarantino's The Hateful Eight (2015)

Options

Comments

• Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Saw this yesterday. ? was way different than i thought it would be but it was dope. Sam jackson was the ? man in this movie. That flashback scene of his with the confederate dudes son was disgusting/? up though. He was enjoying that too much.

Great flick though. Tarantino is 8/8 for me. Have not been disappointed by any of his films enjoyed them all.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Just finished seeing it about an hour ago.

I'm going to look at all the "? " stuff like this: as long as the setting allows for that thinking to be present, I'm not going to be too mad. I'll admit, the ? in "Pulp Fiction" had no merit to it, but back in the Old West, '? ' was synonymous with black folk.
    That being said, this movie starts off slow as all ? . I understand the need to be curteous in conversation, but ? .

? -crazy scenes are Tarantino's bread-and-butter, so the shootout that happened didn't surprise me...other than Sam L blowing Channing Tatum's top smooth OFF out of nowhere. Glad they hung that ? in the end tho.

Overall, I'm with this movie. Sam L earned his ? points back after the ? ? he was on in Django.
  • emaculate
    emaculate Members Posts: 554 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I loved the movie. 70mm is how I'd like to present my films (if I were director and could afford it).
    Might be my fav from QT.
  • Delphas
    Delphas Members Posts: 2,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Like others said, much funnier than I expected. Music was done damn well also.

Still...
    LOL @ Tatum being in the movie so he can practice his accent for his Gambit movie
    Was I the only one who hated the VO in the movie? It ruined the scene with Russell dying, and didn't add anything to movie.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Delphas wrote: »
    Like others said, much funnier than I expected. Music was done damn well also.

Still...
    LOL @ Tatum being in the movie so he can practice his accent for his Gambit movie
    Was I the only one who hated the VO in the movie? It ruined the scene with Russell dying, and didn't add anything to movie.

Lmao thats exactly what i thought when i heard tatum speak.
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    how many of you watched this in the cinema?
  • cannonspike1994
    cannonspike1994 Members Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Options
  • cannonspike1994
    Options
    lazypakman wrote: »
    I'm going tonight.
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lazypakman wrote: »
    I'm going tonight.

Well i hope you have a wonderful time.
  • cannonspike1994
    Options
    I loved that scene where Sam l Jackson made that white boy his ? .
  • Mister B.
    Options

That's why I said he got back all them real ? points he lost doing that Django ? . That story he told was some gangsta ? .
    Super faggoty having that saltine suck his ? , but that wasn't the point....
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

• eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mister B. wrote: »

That's why I said he got back all them real ? points he lost doing that Django ? . That story he told was some gangsta ? .

do you think it was true or just telling the story to get that guy to shoot first
  • Mister B.
    Options
    eyes low wrote: »
    Mister B. wrote: »

do you think it was true or just telling the story to get that guy to shoot first
    Probably the former. Unless they had a backstory we never heard about, Sam L's character had no real reason to cap that old saltine. That story was a way to provoke that old guy into falling for the trap of drawing first. It was ? brilliant, if anything.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bruh the old cac was against Sam L in war...
  • Max.
    Options
    The cac killed a bunch of blk ppl ...
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Just watched it. It's one of Tarantino's worst movies, but if you take away his name and look at it as it's own stand alone film, it's a good movie. 7/10.

The only real disappointments for me was 2 of QTs mainstays, Michael Madsen and Tim Roth, having some pretty forgettable roles. I was expecting more from them considering their memorable roles in his films.

The use of the word ? was justified in this film considering the setting, but Tarantino seems obsessed with it. Half the dialogue directed at SLJ's character was racist and most of it wasn't essential to the plot and made it harder to focus on what was going on. That being said, it paid off when SLJ offed the confederate general and teamed up with the confederate soldier sheriff to take out that ? .
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    eyes low wrote: »
    Just watched it. It's one of Tarantino's worst movies, but if you take away his name and look at it as it's own stand alone film, it's a good movie. 7/10.

The only real disappointments for me was 2 of QTs mainstays, Michael Madsen and Tim Roth, having some pretty forgettable roles. I was expecting more from them considering their memorable roles in his films.

The use of the word ? was justified in this film considering the setting, but Tarantino seems obsessed with it. Half the dialogue directed at SLJ's character was racist and most of it wasn't essential to the plot and made it harder to focus on what was going on. That being said, it paid off when SLJ offed the confederate general and teamed up with the confederate soldier sheriff to take out that ? .

i felt like tim roth was trying to be christoph waltz

No lie I thought it was waltz when I first heard him. Just thought they had him in a ? ton of make up lol. Then I started to recognize him.
  • Max.
    Options
    Thats Roth natural accent
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    edited January 2016
    Options
    True, but even his mannerisms resembled Waltz'. Compared to Pulp Fiction where he had the same accent but it nothing like Waltz.
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I enjoyed the hell out of the movie
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good movie, long as hell but it is good
  • numbaz...80's baby
    numbaz...80's baby Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All of the Hard on Hoes supporters will love this movie. Shawty went through some ? .
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    All of the Hard on Hoes supporters will love this movie. Shawty went through some ? .

I was bout to say this lol. I didn't know whether to be more offended at the unnecessary amount of ? or that they beat the fuuuuuck out of/then lynched a woman lol.