Quentin Tarantino's The Hateful Eight (2015)

Options

Comments

• dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Well that was fun. It was more along the lines of Reservoir Dogs and there were some genuine laugh out loud moments.

Tarantino does need to ease up on the use of the ? though.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wasnt expecting the whole movie to take place in a cabin
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It was cool.though ill watch it again
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    The sheriff funny as hell LMFAOOO
  • nickel-us P
    nickel-us P Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Roth confirmed his character is a great great grandfather of someone in inglorious ?
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    This movie is really good didn't know it was almost 3 hours long. Dialogue and the story in the film had me actually caring. 4/5
  • farris2k1
    farris2k1 Members Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good ass movie, way better than i expected, lotta funny ass lines, good ending, overall solid film
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hate geek ass Latte sippin reviewers.. more offended about Tarantinos films than real ? life....There is a method to Quentins madness you might not like his method but.. after reading some peoples reviews and the commentary.. Thinking about it..He not just lighting fires with no rhyme or reason..

They are raging on "misogyny"
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Basically a Reservoir Dogs remake enhanced with more "? usage" and "? ? " imagery ..... very interesting how they had to make sure that Sams character had that "twist" to him
  • SheerExcellence
    SheerExcellence Members Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Out of his eight movies, I put this at the bottom... Or maybe right above Jackie Brown.

Some good dialogue at times, but movie is about an hour too long... And everyone has to have a long ass soliloquy before they take an action. It gets tedious
    And if the chick was equal pay whether dead or alive and Kurt Russell was so worried about people trying to free her, then why not just ? her...And the rest of the gang should have just killed Sam Jackson, Kurt Russell, etc as soon as they arrived at the cabin. Why would they ? Minnie, her man, the worker, the white lady, Charlie, the first stage coach driver, etc....all within thirty minutes of meeting them... But then when it comes to the actual bounty hunter that has his sister they go on some planning and plotting ? staging a whole fake scenario and willing to wait for hours and/or days. As soon as kurt Russell and the chick came into the cabin Michael Madsen coulda just slit his throat and freed her.

• SheerExcellence
    edited December 2015
    Options
    fortyacres wrote: »
    Out of his eight movies, I put this at the bottom... Or maybe right above Jackie Brown.

Some good dialogue at times, but movie is about an hour too long... And everyone has to have a long ass soliloquy before they take an action. It gets tedious
    And if the chick was equal pay whether dead or alive and Kurt Russell was so worried about people trying to free her, then why not just ? her...And the rest of the gang should have just killed Sam Jackson, Kurt Russell, etc as soon as they arrived at the cabin. Why would they ? Minnie, her man, the worker, the white lady, Charlie, the first stage coach driver, etc....all within thirty minutes of meeting them... But then when it comes to the actual bounty hunter that has his sister they go on some planning and plotting ? staging a whole fake scenario and willing to wait for hours and/or days. As soon as kurt Russell and the chick came into the cabin Michael Madsen coulda just slit his throat and freed her.

Its not worse than deathproof breh stop it.
    Tarantino calls this his eighth movie
    They are:
    Reservoir dogs
    Pulp fiction
    Jackie Brown
    ? Bill
    ? Bill 2
    Inglorious basterds
    Django unchained
    Hateful eight

Everything else was collaborations that he didn't have full artistic control over, these are the only ones I was comparing to.
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    ? Bill is my least favorite out of all his movies.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lmao @ when channing tatum met with his sister and then BAM! Head exploded lol and the part when sam Jackson shot I think Bob in the face with the two pistols? Cold bloodedddd

Nh @ that ? ass story
  • nickel-us P
    nickel-us P Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good looking...I couldn't remember
  • FishNChips
    FishNChips Members Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

They are:
    Reservoir dogs
    Pulp fiction
    Jackie Brown
    ? Bill
    ? Bill 2
    Inglorious basterds
    Django unchained
    Hateful eight

Everything else was collaborations that he didn't have full artistic control over, these are the only ones I was comparing to.

Has he said that himself? He had control over Deathproof because it was his film, and ? Bill Vols 1 & 2 are the same movie split up.

So combine the ? Bill films and throw in Deathproof, then that's the list of his 8 films
  • SheerExcellence
    Options
    FishNChips wrote: »

They are:
    Reservoir dogs
    Pulp fiction
    Jackie Brown
    ? Bill
    ? Bill 2
    Inglorious basterds
    Django unchained
    Hateful eight

Has he said that himself? He had control over Deathproof because it was his film, and ? Bill Vols 1 & 2 are the same movie split up.

So combine the ? Bill films and throw in Deathproof, then that's the list of his 8 films

Ok. If that is accurate, then I still put this movie down there around deathproof and Jackie Brown. The other five are substantially better.

Just my opinion.
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

i feel u, but its a movie. jesus christ
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    During the Q&A, Tarantino admitted that he wrote Hateful Eight while he was depressed and angry and that the pic started off as a sequel to 2012's Django Unchained, with the prospective film to be titled Django in White Hell. The filmmaker jettisoned that idea when he realized that Django would not fit into the story. "All of a sudden, it hit me the only thing wrong [with the story] was Django," he said. "There should be no moral center. I thought it should be a room of bad guys, and you can’t trust a word anybody says.”
  • SheerExcellence
    edited January 2016
    Options
    huey wrote: »

You do realize you are at a site where ppl debate, critique, and discuss things as small as one rap verse, analyzing every line and meaning... For years, right?

You do realize that people discuss Shakespeare's plays for the past five hundred years, and characters motivations.

Books have been written discussing Francis ford coppola movies, or woody Allen movies, or spike Lee movies...etc

People like talking about art, appreciating art, and looking for larger plots and themes in art... Whether music, movies, books, plays, paintings, etc

Furthermore, that desire of discussing art is the whole basis for this website, and this very forum that you are on right now. If six sentences of me discussing Hateful eight is too much for "just a movie." Then why do you even bother coming to a discussion forum for art.

I don't mean to detail thread but I think you might be confused as to the purpose of a bulletin board.

If you disagree with my viewpoint then feel free to explain why you think the things I said about hateful eight are wrong. But to say "it's just a movie" as some sort of way to invalidate having thoughts and discussion on a discussion board no less, is asinine.

Happy New year pal
  • eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

thats why they call him the hangman bc he brings them in alive. they couldnt just ? him bc they were chained together and he could of easily just killed her if they tried that. their plan made plenty of sense tatums character wanted to save his sister he wasnt gonna do something stupid
  • SheerExcellence
    Options

You do realize you are at a site where ppl debate, critique, and discuss things as small as one rap verse, analyzing every line and meaning... For years, right?

You do realize that people discuss Shakespeare's plays for the past five hundred years, and characters motivations.

Books have been written discussing Francis ford coppola movies, or woody Allen movies, or spike Lee movies...etc

People like talking about art, appreciating art, and looking for larger plots and themes in art... Whether music, movies, books, plays, paintings, etc

Furthermore, that desire of discussing art is the whole basis for this website, and this very forum that you are on right now. If six sentences of me discussing Hateful eight is too much for "just a movie." Then why do you even bother coming to a discussion forum for art.

I don't mean to detail thread but I think you might be confused as to the purpose of a bulletin board.

If you disagree with my viewpoint then feel free to explain why you think the things I said about hateful eight are wrong. But to say "it's just a movie" as some sort of way to invalidate having thoughts and discussion on a discussion board no less, is asinine.

Happy New year pal

my bad man, i had no idea you were so passionate on this subject.
    Like the great Dragonfly Jones says, "you should be studying your arts, instead of studying me. That's how you lost your first job, punk."