The OFFICIAL 2014 NBA Offseason Thread

Options

Comments

• BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    interested to seeing how Kyrie nd Waiters adjust to being spot up shooters neither one of them have shown they can play without da ball outta his hands
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    (ob)Scene wrote: »
    I don't wanna hear about no ? Bulls front court when ? just got SmackedDaFuckUp by Gortat & no first name Nene

The hate you have for the squad is reaching epic proportions. You can actually sit here and say the Bulls front court didn't get significantly better than last season.
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Could probably be the best trade for an allstar in recent memory. No one ever gets value for a player who wants out. Minnesota made out like a bandit.

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    interested to seeing how Kyrie nd Waiters adjust to being spot up shooters neither one of them have shown they can play without da ball outta his hands

Well uh Love... ends up with the ball he doesnt have the ball in his hands but i agree with the sentiment

Also what happens to his rebounding numbers.....

its gonna be interesting to say the least
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    0807-greg-oden-mug-shot-1.jpg

Why does dude look 55 at 26?
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kevin Love one less free agent for summer '15 That's Aldridge,Love,most likely marc gasol and irving who won't hit the market which leaves rondo and if he isn't traded by then several teams will go after him.There's gonna be teams wit mad cap space to overpay marginal talent
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I think loves numbers will be affected more than kyrie's on offense
    BlackAX410 wrote: »

I think kyrie will be fine let's not act like he can't shoot. Plus I don't think he'll be completely taken away from ball handling duties he's not Chalmers. Waiters will be gone soon anyways. Cleveland could have kyrie/Beal on the wing with Bron but they drafted waiters overrated ass.
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't think waiters is overrated nobody said hecwoukd be a star or had high expectations for him he can ball tho
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    Options
    south4life wrote: »
    Billups met with The Cavs, Gawd Damn Cleveland trying to get everybody

Cleveland is going to be such a good regular season team I can't wait

That frontline is suspect and that's with love.You got the bulls winnin the east?

Well yea they arent 6 deep at the 4 and 5 like the Bulls

jaguars-fan-confused-wtf.gif

Aint that many minutes to go around. Yall gon have problems w/ that. Cleveland-

Varajao/Haywood
    Love/Thompson

Bron/Marion (small ball 4)

Only question is Haywood, havent seen him play in a minute. If he is what he used to be thats all they need from him. Most nights they'll play mostly w/ Love at the 5 and Thompson or Bron at the 4. Ngga they good.

So explain the difference between clevelands frontcourt and

Noah/Taj
    Gasol/Taj/Mirotic

Lol @ the bolded that interior defense will be worst than miamis was.You think you know but have no idea what you be talkin about.You're just enamored wit big names like all casual fans are

Well first off the frontcourt includes the 3. And cleveland has that guy. That means "Mcbuckets", who cant play the 4 b/c yall are so deep, will get the 'come sit next to me' treatment vs Cleveland

But lets say if you mean to say the 4/5.

The interior defense, NOT REBOUNDING (there's a difference) may be a problem. Ok, and? Who's out there to capitalize on that? For yall, Gasol somewhat, but Varajao is more than a competent defender. And its not like Gasol is turnin the clock back and goin off. And as far as drives to the bucket, DRose the only guy yall have to do that!

That leaves Noah and Gibson in the post. Umm, ok, since when did they become world beaters on offense. Joel Anthony, Chris Bosh, and Haslem locked them up in 2012 playoffs. Dont make me post them playoff stats for Noah like i did before. Aint nobody worried about Noah and Gibson scoring. Its the rebounding, there's a difference. And Love (12rpg), Varajao (10rpg in 28mpg), and Thompson (9rpg in 31mpg) all board up.

• Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    I don't wanna hear about no ? Bulls front court when ? just got SmackedDaFuckUp by Gortat & no first name Nene

The hate you have for the squad is reaching epic proportions. You can actually sit here and say the Bulls front court didn't get significantly better than last season.

This goes without saying you're giving him the attention he desperately seeks.Should of ignored his wacc ass struggle trollin
  • ericb4prez
    ericb4prez Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The hate is strong in here lol
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kevin Love one less free agent for summer '15 That's Aldridge,Love,most likely marc gasol and irving who won't hit the market which leaves rondo and if he isn't traded by then several teams will go after him.There's gonna be teams wit mad cap space to overpay marginal talent

One more L for Melo and the knicks
  • (ob)Scene
    (ob)Scene Members Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    Options

Don't lose sight of the context. I'm talking about in comparing Cleveland & Chicago. I say Chicago is number 2.

The Bulls added Gasol to their front court with McDermott likely at the 3.

We gonna act like Gasol is toughening up a front court now like he isn't notoriously known for being rather soft?

Gasol isn't out scoring or out rebounding Love at the 4.

And Noah is without a doubt better than Varejao due to his leadership qualities but they both posess the same hustle & drive. Look at their player comp & tell me the vast difference that makes it SO CLEAR that Chicago is better than Cleveland.

Don't sleep on Thompson off the bench either & potentially Marion's defense at the backup 3.

And don't let Ray be the one starting as a spot up 2 either so they can save Thompson, Waiters, Marion & Miller for the B squad.
  • jaemooms
    jaemooms Members Posts: 770 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I dont get the Beal fascination, hes good but nothing special. Needs to get to the rack more. The definition of a volume shooter.
  • (ob)Scene
    (ob)Scene Members Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Without a doubt*
  • jaemooms
    jaemooms Members Posts: 770 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Y'all gonna let the Bulls disappoint you all again.

Talking about Cleveland's front court not having depth. As if there's any difference between that front court and the ones from the Miami teams that were smacking them around the past several years.

Varejao >> all of the 5's during the Big 3 era
    Love >> Bosh
    Bron = Bron
    Waiters < Wade (Healthy)
    Kyrie >^100 Chalmers

Now its correct
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

One more L for Melo and the Knicks and the rockets

fixed.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    south4life wrote: »
    Billups met with The Cavs, Gawd Damn Cleveland trying to get everybody

Cleveland is going to be such a good regular season team I can't wait

That frontline is suspect and that's with love.You got the bulls winnin the east?

Well yea they arent 6 deep at the 4 and 5 like the Bulls

jaguars-fan-confused-wtf.gif

Aint that many minutes to go around. Yall gon have problems w/ that. Cleveland-

Varajao/Haywood
    Love/Thompson

Bron/Marion (small ball 4)

Only question is Haywood, havent seen him play in a minute. If he is what he used to be thats all they need from him. Most nights they'll play mostly w/ Love at the 5 and Thompson or Bron at the 4. Ngga they good.

So explain the difference between clevelands frontcourt and

Noah/Taj
    Gasol/Taj/Mirotic

Lol @ the bolded that interior defense will be worst than miamis was.You think you know but have no idea what you be talkin about.You're just enamored wit big names like all casual fans are

Well first off the frontcourt includes the 3. And cleveland has that guy. That means "Mcbuckets", who cant play the 4 b/c yall are so deep, will get the 'come sit next to me' treatment vs Cleveland

But lets say if you mean to say the 4/5.

The interior defense, NOT REBOUNDING (there's a difference) may be a problem. Ok, and? Who's out there to capitalize on that? For yall, Gasol somewhat, but Varajao is more than a competent defender. And its not like Gasol is turnin the clock back and goin off. And as far as drives to the bucket, DRose the only guy yall have to do that!

That leaves Noah and Gibson in the post. Umm, ok, since when did they become world beaters on offense. Joel Anthony, Chris Bosh, and Haslem locked them up in 2012 playoffs. Dont make me post them playoff stats for Noah like i did before. Aint nobody worried about Noah and Gibson scoring. Its the rebounding, there's a difference. And Love (12rpg), Varajao (10rpg in 28mpg), and Thompson (9rpg in 31mpg) all board up.

Bulls will not be out rebounded they've been a top 10 rebounding team for the last 4-5 years.Mcbuckets will play the 3 and Jimmy butler will defend lebron.Mcbuckets will defend the mike millers,james jones or tristan thompson he can be hidden on defense so he won't be sitting anywhere.Taj gibson averaged 18 ppg in the playoffs last year including a 32 point game you continue to expose yourself.Pau will eat vs anyone they put on him.Noah has never been a threat offensively in his career he can defend,rebound and pass the ball his intangibles/hustle and ability to defend multiple front court positions is what he does.I didn't even mention the euro

"Nikola's game will translate extremely well because he has inside-outside capability," Blatt said. "He has the size to take advantage of mismatches if he does play as a power forward. He has the speed to dribble around guys. He's a legitimate rebounder and has physical size and presence. He's a very, very tough kid.
    "He was a matchup nightmare in Europe. That will be interesting to see, how Tom Thibodeau decides to play him. I can't speak to that piece. But physically and athletically and skills-wise, he can swing between positions and take advantage of mismatches."

This is the cavs current coach opinion on the euro.Bulls can play small or big and match up wit the cavs
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    *Sees 100 new comments since last night.

*Hurries, clicks thinking Lebron succumbed to his illness or Shaq signed with the Cavs again...

*Sees it's just the annual Greg Oden offseason news.

3800647_o.gif
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DaBull wrote: »
    Beta wrote: »
    so the east all star team starters could possibly be irving,wade,lebron,love and bosh?

lebron left.
    Miami ain't got that many fans. u barely count as one
    love just stole bosh spot
    and Rose will jack the other guard spot

But it's by votes I'm just saying it's a possibility I didn't say it was probable
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    Those comments richardson said about pierce floppin and always actin hurt from the '10 playoffs when they got into it had me rollin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ps9pi5ed63E

Lmao this ? is hilarious
This discussion has been closed.