The OFFICIAL 2014 NBA Offseason Thread

Options

Comments

• Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    waiters not gonna wanna come off the bench he gonna want out ...
  • ericb4prez
    ericb4prez Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So love pads his rebounding stats by leaving his man open to get position?
  • ericb4prez
    ericb4prez Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I heard that if GS was to reach out to flip with a deal he would get amnesia about the cavs trade lol
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    And yo

140302052638338216.jpg

who gave yall creative license to keep talkin about Taj Gibson like he's about to be a breakout star. The ngga is almost 30. Came into the league at 24. He is and wil be what he is: a back up power forward. He's not turnin up. Stop that.

Since when do you have to have 12 stars on your team to win a championship? Who is even saying he's a star? What I can say is on one side where Kevin Love is poor Taj Gibson is elite, and when the games actually matter and Taj is covering Love your not going to see those stats your so infatuated with

Im sorry, what? Are we talkin about repping Brooklyn or ??? Not sure what you mean here guy.

Let me be clear *funk flex voice* The impact of individual post defense is a roose, a facade. A sham. Yes its a bonus to have a lock down defender in the post, but this aint the 90's. Pat Ewing aint walkin thru that door. Dream aint walkin thru that door. Nggas is not gon be 'Yo clear out, he got Love in the post!". Team defense is what matters.

Proof: The Chicago Bulls. Year in year out the best defense in the league despite Carlos ? as a starting 4

tumblr_moipk8rnqu1qbzayeo1_500.gif

Did you see Bosh against Tim Duncan? Soft af. Yet thats the ngga defensively that they played at the FIVE most times, and rode out to 4 straight finals. And they didnt lose to SA b/c they couldnt guard the post. They lost b/c of a whole bunch of other ? , and w/ the bigs it was the lack of rebounding, not lack of interior defense.

So enough with that 'Kevin Love is a poor defender' cliche. Arguably the best center in the league avergaes 18 ppg. Enough.

@ the bolded...you're a ?
    @ the underlined...? your ? self

You don't have a great team defense without great individual defenders, guys that don't need help defense because they can play lockdown defense and aren't a liability, Lebron is going to have to anchor that defense and they will be good enough to compete but Chicago is on another level defensively, they have the best defensive big in the game today anchoring the de, a coach that preaches de and a bunch of players that take pride in playing de, Cleveland will be better but they aren't scaring anybody on that side of the ball, Cleveland will live by the 3 and die by the 3 against Chicago

Ohhh ? we got another one. Another emotional ass ngga over sports. hahahaha

2vvmfis.jpg
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    Options
    waiters not gonna wanna come off the bench he gonna want out ...

Who told this nikka he was Jordan?

Arguably the best SG in the game right now spent the first few years off the bench.
  • (ob)Scene
    (ob)Scene Members Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ericb4prez wrote: »

Yep. Says the ? that were clamoring to have him on their squad the past several months. Same script they flipped on Melo.

You Bulls fans are arguing down Love after being the main ones debating me about his hollow status for the past year. Up in here using the exact same information I used against y'all as if the same would apply when playing alongside LeBron and Irving as opposed to Rubio and f'n Corey Brewer.
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    (ob)Scene wrote: »

Yep. Says the ? that were clamoring to have him on their squad the past several months. Same script they flipped on Melo.

You Bulls fans are arguing down Love after being the main ones debating me about his hollow status for the past year. Up in here using the exact same information I used against y'all as if the same would apply when playing alongside LeBron and Irving as opposed to Rubio and f'n Corey Brewer.

True.
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And yo

140302052638338216.jpg

who gave yall creative license to keep talkin about Taj Gibson like he's about to be a breakout star. The ngga is almost 30. Came into the league at 24. He is and wil be what he is: a back up power forward. He's not turnin up. Stop that.

Since when do you have to have 12 stars on your team to win a championship? Who is even saying he's a star? What I can say is on one side where Kevin Love is poor Taj Gibson is elite, and when the games actually matter and Taj is covering Love your not going to see those stats your so infatuated with

Im sorry, what? Are we talkin about repping Brooklyn or ??? Not sure what you mean here guy.

Let me be clear *funk flex voice* The impact of individual post defense is a roose, a facade. A sham. Yes its a bonus to have a lock down defender in the post, but this aint the 90's. Pat Ewing aint walkin thru that door. Dream aint walkin thru that door. Nggas is not gon be 'Yo clear out, he got Love in the post!". Team defense is what matters.

Proof: The Chicago Bulls. Year in year out the best defense in the league despite Carlos ? as a starting 4

Did you see Bosh against Tim Duncan? Soft af. Yet thats the ngga defensively that they played at the FIVE most times, and rode out to 4 straight finals. And they didnt lose to SA b/c they couldnt guard the post. They lost b/c of a whole bunch of other ? , and w/ the bigs it was the lack of rebounding, not lack of interior defense.

So enough with that 'Kevin Love is a poor defender' cliche. Arguably the best center in the league avergaes 18 ppg. Enough.

You don't have a great team defense without great individual defenders, guys that don't need help defense because they can play lockdown defense and aren't a liability, Lebron is going to have to anchor that defense and they will be good enough to compete but Chicago is on another level defensively, they have the best defensive big in the game today anchoring the de, a coach that preaches de and a bunch of players that take pride in playing de, Cleveland will be better but they aren't scaring anybody on that side of the ball, Cleveland will live by the 3 and die by the 3 against Chicago

2vvmfis.jpg

Reaching for reactions, I would only throw in those insults to a clown who throws in a "*funk flex voice*" and multiple gifs instead of keeping it on topic, now he's trying to flip it like I'm the emotional one even though he's the one upset because his lame ass has been getting ethered all over this thread
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

“It almost takes an act of Congress for us to go out and foul somebody. You have to get after people in this league.”

lmao that was a quote from rick alderman he was begging his team to foul more

he is too fixated on grabbing the defensive board instead of competing against his man for position there are many instances where he wont fight the pick and roll/pop just so he can be in prime rebounding position which is why k love had the lowest fouls of any regular big last season

? use to do the same ? but thibs had him cut that ? out
  • ckfree
    Options
    that was the wolves problem this last season they had a huge point differential heading into the fourth but lost all the close games

why? no defense + k love disappeared his per dropped to around 50th or something but thats another story

but the wolves were terrible at d

i like pek hes nice but the guy doesnt alter shots he can body you up and he is a great scoring C but he doesnt block shots neither does love

when your c and pf arent altering shots in the paint you lose
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And yo

140302052638338216.jpg

2vvmfis.jpg

Reaching for reactions, I would only throw in those insults to a clown who throws in a "*funk flex voice*" and multiple gifs instead of keeping it on topic, now he's trying to flip it like I'm the emotional one even though he's the one upset because his lame ass has been getting ethered all over this thread

Which is what he's been doin all day.Disagrees,scratches out a logical rebuttal then inserts gif
  • twentyfivelighters
    twentyfivelighters Members Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    Options
    edit wrong thread
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And yo

140302052638338216.jpg

2vvmfis.jpg

Which is what he's been doin all day.Disagrees,scratches out a logical rebuttal then inserts gif

I'm surprised his ? ass hasn't started crying about "group think" yet
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ckfree wrote: »

“It almost takes an act of Congress for us to go out and foul somebody. You have to get after people in this league.”

lmao that was a quote from rick alderman he was begging his team to foul more

he is too fixated on grabbing the defensive board instead of competing against his man for position there are many instances where he wont fight the pick and roll/pop just so he can be in prime rebounding position which is why k love had the lowest fouls of any regular big last season

? use to do the same ? but thibs had him cut that ? out

Interesting.
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Have all the Cavs fans been taken into account because it is about to hit epic proportions.
  • greenwood1921
    edited August 2014
    Options
    that was the wolves problem this last season they had a huge point differential heading into the fourth but lost all the close games

why? no defense + k love disappeared his per dropped to around 50th or something but thats another story

i like pek hes nice but the guy doesnt alter shots he can body you up and he is a great scoring C but he doesnt block shots neither does love

The bold and underlined is what I'll chalk it up to with Love -- for now. When we drafted Harden I was like "this nikka is defensively ? " -- but then our defense got a lil better over the following 2 years so I wasn't sure - then he went to Houston -- Now I know.

If he plays with Lebron and is still exposed as being an obvious wack defender (or even below average) that will tell the story. Defense is a culture too -- If a nikka can actually get buckets and rebounds, he won't waste energy on defense if the coach and his teammates aren't emphasizing it and he's still being considered a great player.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    Options
    (ob)Scene wrote: »

Ckfree said that not "bulls fans" that's his opinion.Step your reading comprehension up ?

It's hilarious how u stay in your feelins about the bulls who will still compete for the east without melo and love which is why you're mad
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SVG hired Quentin Richardson to the staff. That's what's up, hope he put in the contract he gotta wear a head band and P.E. J's with his suits.

air-jordan-13-xiii-quentin-richardson-orlando-away-01.jpg
  • A$AP_A$TON
    Options
    Lol Maybyner Rodney Hilario
  • ckfree
    Options

The bold and underlined is what I'll chalk it up to with Love -- for now. When we drafted Harden I was like "this nikka is defensively ? " -- but then our defense got a lil better over the following 2 years so I wasn't sure - then he went to Houston -- Now I know.

If he plays with Lebron and is still exposed as being an obvious wack defender (or even below average) that will tell the story. Defense is a culture too -- If a nikka can actually get buckets and rebounds, he won't waste energy on defense if the coach and his teammates aren't emphasizing it and he's still being considered a great player.

thats why im interested to see what system blatt puts in and if he can get his players to respond to him

the bulls really arent a straight up man-to-man defensive team they overload the strong side and force you to the baseline hoping for you to take a long contested two --- which is why they were still able to keep their defensive integrity with ?

but this is thibs we talking about though
  • greenwood1921
    edited August 2014
    Options

thats why im interested to see what system blatt puts in and if he can get his players to respond to him

the bulls really arent a straight up man-to-man defensive team they overload the strong side and force you to the baseline hoping for you to take a long contested two --- which is why they were still able to keep their defensive integrity with ?

but this is thibs we talking about though

The UCLA team he played on emphasized defense so it's hard to believe that he's just defensively ? . And he definitely has the physical ability to defend. I think it was just that "If ain't nobody else gon' do it - neither will I" type mentality.

• S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    Options

I'm surprised his ? ass hasn't started crying about "group think" yet

hahaha You nggas are really cacklin back n forth like 2 scorned bytches who come together w/ a common 'enemy'. Ol 'The Other Woman' ass nggas lmao Disgusting.
  • greenwood1921
    Options

The publicity alone makes it more than worth it. And ESPN knows this by creating more publicity with a suspension.

His first show after suspension will do numbers.

Brilliant.
  • A$AP_A$TON
    Options
    Damn Tim Hardaway joining the staff too. Maybe he can talk his son to coming to Detroit when his contract up.

#TeamWishfulThinking
This discussion has been closed.