Options

Comments

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trillfate wrote: »
    Chill.

Michael Vick and Donte Stallworth killed/took lives and played again

lol When Vick was in trouble, people on here were on some "It was just dogs. It ain't like he hurt people." Now when Rice hurts a person, you're going to try and elevate Vick killing dogs to be commensurate with that.
  • windycity2117
    windycity2117 Members Posts: 9,827 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MORE: Baltimore Ravens cut Ray Rice after video emerges of him punching wife http://t.co/wegaQgvUgf http://t.co/qi9lyJ7SSC
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Options
    HustleTX wrote: »
    Chill.

Vick went to prison for almost 2 years. Stallworth payed money in a civil suit.
    Chill.

lol When Vick was in trouble, people on here were on some "It was just dogs. It ain't like he hurt people." Now when Rice hurts a person, you're going to try and elevate Vick killing dogs to be commensurate with that.
    Allow me to repeat myself, then yall can reply with something that makes my Factual statement false

"Michael Vick and Donte Stallworth killed/took lives and played again"
  • purpngold
    purpngold Members Posts: 7,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Options
    purpngold wrote: »
    ray my ? i hate it had to be him.. but if play stupid games you win stupid prizes. It's crazy how TMZ held that footage until a week before rice would have been off suspension, ? crazy. dude ? his career up over a female
    thats not on them its on the authorities and the nfl

word, but this most likely would have been able to slide without that footage randomly becoming a factor
  • wilberdmillz
    wilberdmillz Members Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chill.

Who did Vick ? ? Name Names.
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Parallel wrote: »
    Ravens are wack for submitting to pressure.

Cutting Ray only makes the next team better.

It was the smart decision. I'm sure they'll be able to manage without that 3.1 YPC as well.

Wow, really? Cheap shot

He had one down year and u gone ignore the Superbowl ring he had everything to do with?

4th & 29

ray+rice+determination.gif

#NeverForget

Damn and that's Parallel's ? ass squad
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Guess the NFL "submitted" as a whole to the pressure

They all late with this
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i really don't give much of a ? either way....

i don't hit my wife, and i don't think i ever would... but there's obviously ? in the world that do...

from what i saw it wasn't a full mount ground and pound, so i don't really give a ? what they do behind closed doors.......just sucks that a camera was behind that closed door as well......

when he got suspended i didn't give a ? , if they had lengthened it wouldn't have gave a ? ....

they cut him i don't give a ? ...if he get banned from the nfl...i still don't give a ? .....

actions carry consequences....he gotta deal with that ? ......

go ravens

2hxsfoi.jpg
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Guess the NFL "submitted" as a whole to the pressure

Smh.. What ? move by him.. I bet if Ravens never released Rice.. He wouldn't have done this indefinitely suspended ? ...
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    DWO wrote: »

i don't hit my wife, and i don't think i ever would... but there's obviously ? in the world that do...

from what i saw it wasn't a full mount ground and pound, so i don't really give a ? what they do behind closed doors.......just sucks that a camera was behind that closed door as well......

when he got suspended i didn't give a ? , if they had lengthened it wouldn't have gave a ? ....

they cut him i don't give a ? ...if he get banned from the nfl...i still don't give a ? .....

go ravens

2hxsfoi.jpg

No hate Du but why even post then? If you don't give a ? one way or the other, why even bother addressing the topic?
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Again why are people in a staunch defense of ray rice ...and taking up arms in their gender bunker.. there are
    consequences to actions he got off easy..
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? I've already explained what's new. You choosing to be willfully blind doesn't mean I haven't. If you can tell the difference between your only info being both parties admitting some wrong and a tape that appears to show Rice being the aggressor and essentially demolishing his chick over nothing, I don't know what to tell.

Ya'll ? are funny. If you think a man beating a chick is no big deal, just say that ? and be on your way. Trying to convince other people that some obviously ? up ? isn't ? up is futile, so stop it.

I'm not willfully blind 2 ? ... if he said "I was wrong for hitting her" then you see the video of him hitting her what's new? he told you what he did...

btw I don't condone nothing he did but still all this fake outrage is unnecessary. .
  • damobb2deep
    Options
    HustleTX wrote: »
    Ravens are wack for submitting to pressure.

Cutting Ray only makes the next team better.

What team? He's not getting picked up.
    Vick got picked up. ..
  • Dupac
    Options
    DWO wrote: »

go ravens

2hxsfoi.jpg

No hate Du but why even post then? If you don't give a ? one way or the other, why even bother addressing the topic?

to neutralize the people who are over invested....people are far too passionate about this ? ....someone needs to balance the sentiment here
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    ? I've already explained what's new. You choosing to be willfully blind doesn't mean I haven't. If you can tell the difference between your only info being both parties admitting some wrong and a tape that appears to show Rice being the aggressor and essentially demolishing his chick over nothing, I don't know what to tell.

Ya'll ? are funny. If you think a man beating a chick is no big deal, just say that ? and be on your way. Trying to convince other people that some obviously ? up ? isn't ? up is futile, so stop it.

I'm not willfully blind 2 ? ... if he said "I was wrong for hitting her" then you see the video of him hitting her what's new? he told you what he did...

btw I don't condone nothing he did but still all this fake outrage is unnecessary. .

The part that you're blinding yourself too is that he didn't just say "I was wrong for hitting her." He said that but also painted the picture that she was the aggressor and he just defended himself. Again for the third time, most of the discussion surrounding this event had to do with the fact that a lot of people didn't think he should be demonized given there was a good chance that she provoked him. The video doesn't change the fact that we knew he hit her, but it does clearly show that he was not defending himself in the way he claimed.

And I don't see why you and other are throwing around this "fake outrage" term. It ain't like ? is tooling up to go try and lynch Rice. We just see the video and believe what he did was ? up. Nothing more or less.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ravens look weak for this.They knew what happened and that TMZ had a video of the punch, same with the NFL.I have no problem with these decisions, but this video should not make a difference since you knew it existed and what happened.I just don't like them listening to public opinion and flip flopping from their original decisions.I hope he plays football again in the future.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    Lmaooo ? ?

Turn on a brother over a ?

I'll tell my ? they wrong all day long but turn on him over his relationship

This must be some 80s baby ?

Man what are you even talking about?

First of all, none of us know Ray Rice or his wife personally. So how are we turning on him? Dude got caught on cam doing some ? he shouldn't have done plain and simple. This "I'm going to ride for males over females no matter what the circumstances" seems ? as hell to me. I'm convinced most of the misogyny on this site is born from ? tendencies.

I'm pretty sure it was in reference to the players in the locker room turning on him, not us.
  • Dupac
    Options
    Ravens look weak for this.They knew what happened and that TMZ had a video of the punch, same with the NFL.I have no problem with these decisions, but this video should not make a difference since you knew it existed and what happened.I just don't like them listening to public opinion and flip flopping from their original decisions.I hope he plays football again in the future.

100% agree.....

social media influences everything......when everyone's opinion can be heard, decisions are way too pressured
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The NFL didnt do ray rice a favor with the initial suspension. NFL had that footage. They should have suspended him 8 games from the beginning. People would have been cool with the suspension.

The NFL could have quietly rehabilitated his career and make him a spokesman to speak out against domestic violence.

Now not only is his football career done but so is his post football career. Rice had the personality to be on tv.

Rice is done he can't come back from this
  • damobb2deep
    Options

The part that you're blinding yourself too is that he didn't just say "I was wrong for hitting her." He said that but also painted the picture that she was the aggressor and he just defended himself. Again for the third time, most of the discussion surrounding this event had to do with the fact that a lot of people didn't think he should be demonized given there was a good chance that she provoked him. The video doesn't change the fact that we knew he hit her, but it does clearly show that he was not defending himself in the way he claimed.

And I don't see why you and other are throwing around this "fake outrage" term. It ain't like ? is tooling up to go try and lynch Rice. We just see the video and believe what he did was ? up. Nothing more or less.

i guess we just see two different situations then.. because soon as a person admits guilt I let the ? go... she for gave him and is with the ? now...

also I feel the nfl/ ravens are petty as hell for suspending him indefinitely when you gave him a punishment... on some double jeopardy ? ..
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

I'm pretty sure it was in reference to the players in the locker room turning on him, not us.

If that's the case, my fault. I misunderstood.

That said, I can understand why them dudes feel betrayed too. I think someone has even come out and reported on the feelings coming out of the locker room. Basically, he told those guys that he was defending himself and she attacked him. So most of them have probably been going to bat for him ever since that incident. Now this comes out and makes all of them look stupid. It's not just his credibility that's taking a hit. Everyone who defended him is taking a hit, and a lot of people don't like when that happens to them.

i guess we just see two different situations then.. because soon as a person admits guilt I let the ? go... she for gave him and is with the ? now...

also I feel the nfl/ ravens are petty as hell for suspending him indefinitely when you gave him a punishment... on some double jeopardy ? ..

Yeah, we can agree to disagree. I mean I don't totally disagree with you. If he was forthcoming about how events truly went down then ok. However, that video is in stark contrast to the way he depicted things so of course people are going to react to it.
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wonder if the NFL has opened themselves up to a lawsuit. They've already handed down his punishment. Goodell giving in to pressure decided to change the punishment going forward to a 6 game minimum for first time offenders..how does he go from a 2 game to 6 game to suspended indefinitely? Unless Ray has hit his woman before on record it seems all Goodell could do is up his suspension 4 more games. I don't condone anything Rice did, but the NFL knew at the very least three things: Ray hit his wife, Ray knocked his wife out and Ray gave absolutely no ? as he dragged her unconscious body out of the elevator. What did Goodell expect to see in the video that would change these circumstances?
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So Goodell stay ? up...

Always trying to be judge, jury & executioner, ? back fired this time and Ray Rice pays the price...

Too bad, shouldn't be hitting your women...