Clip of Ray Rice knocking out his fiance

Options

Comments

• Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wonder how them fans who cheered ray when he took field in practice feel now
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jaxn wrote: »
    I wonder if the NFL has opened themselves up to a lawsuit. They've already handed down his punishment. Goodell giving in to pressure decided to change the punishment going forward to a 6 game minimum for first time offenders..how does he go from a 2 game to 6 game to suspended indefinitely? Unless Ray has hit his woman before on record it seems all Goodell could do is up his suspension 4 more games. I don't condone anything Rice did, but the NFL knew at the very least three things: Ray hit his wife, Ray knocked his wife out and Ray gave absolutely no ? as he dragged her unconscious body out of the elevator. What did Goodell expect to see in the video that would change these circumstances?

the new policy states everyone gets a clean slate...
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Options
    I wonder if the NFL has opened themselves up to a lawsuit. They've already handed down his punishment. Goodell giving in to pressure decided to change the punishment going forward to a 6 game minimum for first time offenders..how does he go from a 2 game to 6 game to suspended indefinitely? Unless Ray has hit his woman before on record it seems all Goodell could do is up his suspension 4 more games. I don't condone anything Rice did, but the NFL knew at the very least three things: Ray hit his wife, Ray knocked his wife out and Ray gave absolutely no ? as he dragged her unconscious body out of the elevator. What did Goodell expect to see in the video that would change these circumstances?

nevermind.

• R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    Lmaooo ? ?

Turn on a brother over a ?

I'll tell my ? they wrong all day long but turn on him over his relationship

This must be some 80s baby ?

Man what are you even talking about?

First of all, none of us know Ray Rice or his wife personally. So how are we turning on him? Dude got caught on cam doing some ? he shouldn't have done plain and simple. This "I'm going to ride for males over females no matter what the circumstances" seems ? as hell to me. I'm convinced most of the misogyny on this site is born from ? tendencies.

? ?

It was a article posted right above my reply where a teammate texted a reporter saying he lost all support in the locker

Btw, I didn't read after your first 2 sentences

Let that murinate
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    People keep talking about roger goodell, but what about the police?
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    detcatinva wrote: »
    The NFL didnt do ray rice a favor with the initial suspension. NFL had that footage. They should have suspended him 8 games from the beginning. People would have been cool with the suspension.

The NFL could have quietly rehabilitated his career and make him a spokesman to speak out against domestic violence.

Now not only is his football career done but so is his post football career. Rice had the personality to be on tv.

Rice is done he can't come back from this
    Ray shouldve had the foresight to know a shitstorm was coming instead of downplaying the incident.

he shouldve been dead ass honest initially to the point that the video wouldnt have been as shocking. Then he wouldve gotten an 8 game to a year suspension but he'd still be a Raven and as of Today his situation wouldnt be breaking news
  • damobb2deep
    Options

nevermind.

He could prolly still sue...
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Looks like TMZ is the GM of the Ravens now. Smh, as a Bengals fan ? the Ravens. But it's stupid because they already knew he hit her and gave him 4 games. Weren't they both arrested? And didn't she still marry him? Smh, I guess they saw the day Justin Forsett had yesterday and overreacted.

If camera phones was poppin back in the 90's then we coulda saw Clinton impeached and had the president Gore era.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So they re punished him

how it that ok ?

Then, they didn't give him the 8, they went indefinitely after he already had

Leonard Little was a lucky ?
  • jaxn
    Options

nevermind.

He could prolly still sue...

yeah I'm thinking he can. Don't mind my nevermind post. I posted something else and we were basically in agreement
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »

He was already tried...

They will not go back...

But the NFL will try and save face, I am pretty sure the NFLPA will have something for them if it comes out they knew about that video already and are now suspending him indefinitely cause social media said so...
  • damobb2deep
    Options
    achewon87 wrote: »

He was already tried...

They will not go back...

But the NFL will try and save face, I am pretty sure the NFLPA will have something for them if it comes out they knew about that video already and are now suspending him indefinitely cause social media said so...

dude on espn said he knows one person on the ravens who saw that tape already so nfl knew...
  • jaxn
    Options
    Rice didn't go to court. The wife didn't want to press charges iirc.
  • achewon87
    Options

He was already tried...

They will not go back...

dude on espn said he knows one person on the ravens who saw that tape already so nfl knew...

Lawsuit pending then lol...
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    HustleTX wrote: »
    Trillfate wrote: »
    Ravens are wack for submitting to pressure.

Cutting Ray only makes the next team better.

What team? He's not getting picked up.
    Vick got picked up. ..

Again, Vick did Federal time. He paid his debt to society.
  • MR.CJ
    Options

He was already tried...

They will not go back...

By who?
  • Negro_Caesar
    Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mannnn I'm bout to buy a ray rice jersey next week. ? going to be going for 10 bucks
  • achewon87
    Options

He was already tried...

They will not go back...

By who?

Ray Rice and NFLPA...
  • Negro_Caesar
    Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NFL players tweeting like girls
  • MR.CJ
    Options

He was already tried...

They will not go back...

By who?

Ray Rice and NFLPA...

I thought so
  • MR.CJ
    Options
    So the hotel was closed last week
  • damobb2deep
    Options

Vick got picked up. ..

yea.. but rice has to go 2 counseling... and got suspended...

believe me Vick gone give him the number to the chick that helped him with his public appearance. ..
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Options

Vick got picked up. ..

yea.. but rice has to go 2 counseling... and got suspended...

believe me Vick gone give him the number to the chick that helped him with his public appearance. ..

I don't think that's gonna matter. Whenever your peers are calling for you to be banned or imprisoned it's a wrap. Ray Rice too hot from a PR and locker room standpoint. I don't think a team will be willing to deal with the fallout of signing him, especially not for a guy that averaged 3.1 yards a carry last year