In poll after poll, why are so many Americans so dissatisfied with America today?

Options

Comments

• janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    Playing a double game on immigration is a smart move for Dems, good way to lead Hispanics on and not ? off the many Americans who are already mad about the border
    counterpoint: Americans who are furious about amnesty are PROBABLY not believing the Democrat position on this, and many Hispanic dudes are more "? off" than "led on." although i am not sure who they're voting for if immigration is their #1 issue.

might just all come down to the specifics of individual races, i guess
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    Playing a double game on immigration is a smart move for Dems, good way to lead Hispanics on and not ? off the many Americans who are already mad about the border
    counterpoint: Americans who are furious about amnesty are PROBABLY not believing the Democrat position on this, and many Hispanic dudes are more "? off" than "led on." although i am not sure who they're voting for if immigration is their #1 issue.

might just all come down to the specifics of individual races, i guess

That's the funny thing, for most Hispanics, immigration is not the # 1 issue, it's the economy

The economy is the biggest issue for most Americans now, terrorism is probably second now
  • kingblaze84
    edited October 2014
    Options
    America will soon bankrupt itself fighting ISIS if things continue as they are.....America doesn't even have enough money to take care of 2014 mandatory spending

http://theweek.com/article/index/268874/why-america-wont-have-enough-money-to-battle-isis

Why America won't have enough money to battle ISIS

Indeed, between 2014 and 2024, the government will see net interest on the debt, Social Security, health care, and other mandatory programs skyrocket by $1.46 trillion while revenues rise by only $977 billion — producing a net loss of $39 billion of discretionary funds for general government agencies and programs including the Pentagon.

09222014_Future_Revenues.png

For months leading up to Obama's recent announcement of his plans to combat ISIS, Hagel lobbied members of Congress to terminate the roughly $500 billion of long term defense cuts — part of what was known as the sequester — that were mandated under the Budget Control Act of 2011. The Pentagon absorbed about $37 billion of those cuts last year, before Congress and the administration negotiated a two-year budget deal for fiscal 2014 and 2015 that would temporarily block the sequester.

There will also be a new round of much tougher automatic spending cuts beginning late next year unless Congress steps in and cancels them altogether.

The additional $15 billion to $20 billion a year it will take to battle ISIS — was projected by American University military expert Gordon Adams. That spending would come on top of the administration's defense budget request for fiscal 2015, which begins Oct. 1, including $496 billion for personnel and general DOD operating costs as well as $58 billion for "Overseas Contingency Operations," which covers the actual cost of wars.
  • janklow
    Options
    The economy is the biggest issue for most Americans now, terrorism is probably second now
    luckily, i am not in this category
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    luckily, i am not in this category

Yeah gun rights are doing just fine in this country, which is a good thing.....crime hasn't been this low nationwide since the 50s, I'm sure all the open conceal laws are contributing to that. Chicago's crime rate has gone down since it loosened its gun rules, no coincidence.....
  • kingblaze84
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Gain Green wrote: »

That video is saying Blacks ARE NOT from Africa? You're an Israelite huh

And what do you mean there is no America lol
  • janklow
    Options
    Yeah gun rights are doing just fine in this country, which is a good thing...
    maybe in most places, but not in this ? state

• kingblaze84
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Yeah gun rights are doing just fine in this country, which is a good thing...
    maybe in most places, but not in this ? state

You're in California?
  • janklow
    Options
    You're in California?
    nope, try again

• kingblaze84
    Options
    You're in California?
    nope, try again

Gotta be NY or NJ then, both states have horrible gun laws
  • janklow
    Options
    0 for 3. didn't say we have the worst laws, just that our laws have gotten worse (thanks again, one-party state government)

• kingblaze84
    edited October 2014
    Options
    0 for 3. didn't say we have the worst laws, just that our laws have gotten worse (thanks again, one-party state government)

Ah, might be time for you to move to a more gun friendly state then, wherever the hell you are. Or maybe you can run for office and actually make some moves
  • kingblaze84
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Uh oh.....

http://www.computerworld.com/article/2691607/one-in-three-jobs-will-be-taken-by-software-or-robots-by-2025.html

One in three jobs will be taken by software or robots by 2025

Smart machines are an emerging "super class" of technologies that perform a wide variety of work, both the physical and the intellectual kind, said Sondergaard. Machines, for instance, have been grading multiple choice for years, but now they are grading essays and unstructured text.

This cognitive capability in software will extend to other areas, including financial analysis, medical diagnostics and data analytic jobs of all sorts, says Gartner.

"Knowledge work will be automated," said Sondergaard, as will physical jobs with the arrival of smart robots.

"Gartner predicts one in three jobs will be converted to software, robots and smart machines by 2025," said Sondergaard. "New digital businesses require less labor; machines will be make sense of data faster than humans can."

--This can't be good for the avg American.....
  • janklow
    Options
    Ah, might be time for you to move to a more gun friendly state then, wherever the hell you are. Or maybe you can run for office and actually make some moves
    if only it was that simple...

additional problem: ? , this is where i'm from and it's my ? ? state, for better or worse. in the words of Artis Ivey Junior, "as much as I hate this muthafucka, I love this muthafucka."

politically... still a one-party state though, so i guess i'll just ? and moan until people Get It or i die or something
  • janklow
    Options
    if only it was that simple...

additional problem: ? , this is where i'm from and it's my ? ? state, for better or worse. in the words of Artis Ivey Junior, "as much as I hate this muthafucka, I love this muthafucka."

politically... still a one-party state though, so i guess i'll just ? and moan until people Get It or i die or something
  • kingblaze84
    edited October 2014
    Options
    http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/09/politics/senate-democrats-math-control/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Senate math seems impossible to some Democrats

By Jake Tapper, Chief Washington Correspondent

updated 1:46 PM EDT, Thu October 9, 2014

Washington (CNN) -- Four weeks away from the 2014 midterm elections and even some Democratic operatives struggle to imagine a scenario where they retain control of the U.S. Senate. The terrain and current momentum seem all but overwhelming and against them.

A new CNN/ORC poll out Thursday morning suggests a Republican lead over a Democratic incumbent, this time in Alaska, and does nothing to calm Democrats' nerves.

"If you put a gun to my head, I guess I'd say that we're going to lose the Senate," one Democratic consultant told me in a moment of anonymous candor.

It's not even so much that President Obama is an Ancient Mariner-esque Albatross around their necks, though he is.

"I love the guy and I don't think there's anything he could do to fix it," the Democratic operative says, "but he's a real drag. But the bigger drag is the economy overall -- even though the economy is getting better, people aren't feeling it because wages are stagnant."

--Seems the wages the Democrat was talking about is the main reason Americans are dissatisfied with things.....people must be very desperate to allow Republicans to take charge of both Houses of Congress. Democrats and Obama better make the speeches of their lives these next few weeks
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Uh oh.....

http://www.computerworld.com/article/2691607/one-in-three-jobs-will-be-taken-by-software-or-robots-by-2025.html

Smart machines are an emerging "super class" of technologies that perform a wide variety of work, both the physical and the intellectual kind, said Sondergaard. Machines, for instance, have been grading multiple choice for years, but now they are grading essays and unstructured text.

This cognitive capability in software will extend to other areas, including financial analysis, medical diagnostics and data analytic jobs of all sorts, says Gartner.

"Knowledge work will be automated," said Sondergaard, as will physical jobs with the arrival of smart robots.

"Gartner predicts one in three jobs will be converted to software, robots and smart machines by 2025," said Sondergaard. "New digital businesses require less labor; machines will be make sense of data faster than humans can."

so now you are scared of the robots
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    zombie wrote: »
    Uh oh.....

so now you are scared of the robots

Worry is more the word....
  • mc317
    mc317 Members Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    mc317 wrote: »

Wow, I HOPE the govt isn't that crooked....
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    Hilarious story I saw today

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/oct/14/obamacare-website-wont-reveal-insurance-costs-for-/

Obamacare website won’t reveal insurance costs for 2015 until after election

States with key Senate races face double-digit premium hikes

Those planning to purchase health insurance on the Obamacare exchange will soon find out how much rates have increased — after the Nov. 4 election.

Enrollment on the Healthcare.gov website begins Nov. 15, or 11 days after the midterm vote, and critics who worry about rising premium hikes in 2015 say that’s no coincidence
    . Last year’s inaugural enrollment period on the health-care exchange began Oct. 1.

Mr. Cassidy, who’s a doctor, issued a statement Thursday calling the higher premiums “another hurdle for families and businesses already struggling under the demands of Obamacare.”

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/oct/14/obamacare-website-wont-reveal-insurance-costs-for-/#ixzz3G9Bq2pVB
    Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

• kingblaze84
    Options
    LOL damn Democrats are getting desperate to cover up how horrible Obamacare is turning out to be so far
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "Then I heard another voice from heaven say: 'Come out of her, my people,' so that you will not share in her sins, so that you will not receive any of her plagues;" Revelation 18:4

But will you act on the command of ? ? That is the question!

Amen.
  • kingblaze84
    edited October 2014
    Options
    "Then I heard another voice from heaven say: 'Come out of her, my people,' so that you will not share in her sins, so that you will not receive any of her plagues;" Revelation 18:4

But will you act on the command of ? ? That is the question!

Amen.

I'm assuming you're saying Americans should move to another country? If so, where