Iraqi troops suffer mass slaughter one mile from Baghdad: the general ISIS Chat thread

Options

Comments

• kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    Terrible post from you. Anyway, I have already criticized Assad for being harsh numbskull, I just don't see how Assad's harshness even comes remotely close to the extreme horrors and chaos America has caused in the region.
    because you INSIST on being willfully obtuse about Assad. case in point, in this sentence, you:

-describe Assad as "harsh"
    -describe the US as causing "extreme horrors and chaos"

...which tells us that you don't think Assad assigning tens of thousands of Syrian citizens to torture and murder in regime facilities as "extreme horrors." which in turn tells us that you would rather rant about the US than spend one second of your life acknowledging the crimes of Assad. again, his crimes have literally been posted about AT LENGTH in this thread, only for you to pretend to be unaware of them. disgusting.
    Multiple sources say the American invasion has led to at least a million plus civilian deaths in Iraq alone.
    multiple sources detail Assad's crimes, yet you dispute them or claim to be unaware of them. yet you cite sources that want to hold the US accountable for deaths caused by others in the wake of their conflict while ignoring sources that talk about crimes committed DIRECTLY by Assad's regime.
    But I have said several times that I would find it amusing if Assad gets taken down from power.
    this is just another version of you being ride or die for Assad's innocence.
    I would simply laugh at the massive chaos that would come as a result.
    massive chaos that would occur in Syria as a DIRECT result of Assad's response to non-violent protests. but you won't acknowledge how much of a massive hypocrite you are when it comes to Assad, because that would require you to man up to a level you either cannot or will not do.
  • janklow
    Options
    media_httpwwwaljazeer_arbdd-scaled1000.png
    like i just said, this tracks "estimated civilian deaths since the invasion." not civilians killed by the US, civilian deaths since the invasion. as always, you give a pass to anyone else as long as you can blame the US in some way.

meanwhile, where's the graphics about civilian deaths CAUSED BY ASSAD'S REGIME. oh right, you mysteriously don't have time to read the thread you're posting in.

tell you what, from now on, when you post that stuff, i'll just say i'm unaware of it. there's no point in even acknowledging your argument when you won't acknowledge anyone else's.
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    Terrible post from you. Anyway, I have already criticized Assad for being harsh numbskull, I just don't see how Assad's harshness even comes remotely close to the extreme horrors and chaos America has caused in the region.
    because you INSIST on being willfully obtuse about Assad. case in point, in this sentence, you:

-describe Assad as "harsh"
    -describe the US as causing "extreme horrors and chaos"

...which tells us that you don't think Assad assigning tens of thousands of Syrian citizens to torture and murder in regime facilities as "extreme horrors." which in turn tells us that you would rather rant about the US than spend one second of your life acknowledging the crimes of Assad. again, his crimes have literally been posted about AT LENGTH in this thread, only for you to pretend to be unaware of them. disgusting.
    Multiple sources say the American invasion has led to at least a million plus civilian deaths in Iraq alone.
    multiple sources detail Assad's crimes, yet you dispute them or claim to be unaware of them. yet you cite sources that want to hold the US accountable for deaths caused by others in the wake of their conflict while ignoring sources that talk about crimes committed DIRECTLY by Assad's regime.
    But I have said several times that I would find it amusing if Assad gets taken down from power.
    this is just another version of you being ride or die for Assad's innocence.
    I would simply laugh at the massive chaos that would come as a result.
    massive chaos that would occur in Syria as a DIRECT result of Assad's response to non-violent protests. but you won't acknowledge how much of a massive hypocrite you are when it comes to Assad, because that would require you to man up to a level you either cannot or will not do.

I already know Assad is harsh to his enemies, including some of his political enemies. I won't excuse that kind of behavior, as someone who always believes in freedom of expression and thought. Could Assad have handled the demonstrations against his government better? Sure. It doesn't mean it's a good idea to take Assad down from power. If he truly is that bad, then hey, people can take him out and we'll see what happens afterwards. For those who support ISIS and/or Al-Qaeda, they would certainly love the idea of Assad being taken down. So sure, he's done bad things from research I've done, but America should still mind its own ? business in Syria. America's government is the LAST government that should be talking about war crimes.

Assad's regime isn't my cup of tea exactly, but the only serious alternatives to Assad in Syria is ISIS, Al-Qaeda and its allies. The moderate rebels are weak and can't defend themselves militarily without America or some other nation babysitting them, so no one really can take them seriously. So if you want ISIS or Al-Qaeda to be the leaders of Syria, then fine.
  • kingblaze84
    edited April 2017
    Options
    media_httpwwwaljazeer_arbdd-scaled1000.png
    like i just said, this tracks "estimated civilian deaths since the invasion." not civilians killed by the US, civilian deaths since the invasion. as always, you give a pass to anyone else as long as you can blame the US in some way.

meanwhile, where's the graphics about civilian deaths CAUSED BY ASSAD'S REGIME. oh right, you mysteriously don't have time to read the thread you're posting in.

tell you what, from now on, when you post that stuff, i'll just say i'm unaware of it. there's no point in even acknowledging your argument when you won't acknowledge anyone else's.

America is far more responsible for the flames of chaos in the region then Assad is. America is the one that supports apartheid in Palestinian territories, not Assad. America is the nation that invaded Iraq and created events that have led up to the deaths of a million plus in Iraq alone, most innocent civilians. So as I have said before, Assad's crimes are quite small compared to the extreme and catastrophic disasters of American foreign policy.

But no one is stopping you from criticizing Assad, go on ahead and tell us just how bad Assad really is. The words will ring extremely hollow though, as EVERYONE HERE knows ? well America is the KING of war crimes the past decade or so. Still though, tell us how bad Assad is.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    That's crazy, damn. Wouldn't be surprised if it's true, wild boars can get really big and they got sharp ass teeth
  • Will Munny
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I feel like if hogs were rally that dangerous tho rednecks would be dropping like flies in southern US lololololol
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »
    I feel like if hogs were rally that dangerous tho rednecks would be dropping like flies in southern US lololololol

Maybe the boars in Syria are more dangerous lol, all the bombings and shootouts there are probably driving the boars there crazy.
  • kingblaze84
    edited May 2017
    Options
    A few weeks ago, the world was stunned when the USA dropped the biggest non-nuclear bomb in warfare history in Afghanistan, and while many saw the desperation behind the attack, it now seems pretty clear America's enemies in Afghanistan are now more active then ever.

ISIS killed two American troops last week, and just today they blew up a NATO convoy near the American embassy, killing at least 8 and injuring over 28 others, including 3 American troops who were badly burned according to NPR News. On top of this, reports this week show the Taliban controls about 40% of the nation now. With ISIS gaining more power in Afghanistan and the Taliban constantly kicking the ? of the pathetic Afghan army, I don't see what good the "mother of all bombs" did. Russia is so desperate to defeat ISIS in Afghanistan that they are funding the Taliban according to several American and foreign agencies. I also read an article in which Trump is shocked at how large the Taliban and ISIS are getting in Afghanistan. Let's see how many more billions America spends on war now, as healthcare costs get more and more expensive.....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/islamic-state-suicide-car-bomb-targets-nato-convoy-in-kabul-kills-8-civilians/2017/05/03/fe3c73aa-2fd9-11e7-9534-00e4656c22aa_story.html?tid=hybrid_collaborative_1_na&utm_term=.a4217c9ef504

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2017/05/03/attack-us-convoy/101233514/
  • janklow
    Options
    I already know Assad is harsh to his enemies, including some of his political enemies.
    kills tens of thousands of Syrians = "is harsh to his enemies"
    kills protesters at funerals for other protesters = "could have handled it better"

then drops "if he is that bad."

you know who else was indisputably bad? people like ? , Stalin, Mao, Pol ? ? was it as simple as "eh, their people can take them out!" you tell me.
    So if you want ISIS or Al-Qaeda to be the leaders of Syria, then fine.
    false choice, since you know i have said i don't want that. it's not a binary "choose ISIS or Assad for what you want" choice.

then again, you willfully refuse to read posts in the thread (or at least deny reading them), so maybe you're just ignoring my position on the subject?
  • janklow
    Options
    America is far more responsible for the flames of chaos in the region then Assad is. America is the one that supports apartheid in Palestinian territories, not Assad.
    this is actually a good example of my point. you claim Palestine is the reason for chaos in the Middle East, which is a cop-out answer, but okay, let's proceed. who's most responsible for this?

A. Palestianians
    B. Israelis
    C. America

...and you're choosing C over B. nice.
    America is the nation that invaded Iraq and created events that have led up to the deaths of a million plus in Iraq alone, most innocent civilians.
    "tell you what, from now on, when you post that stuff, i'll just say i'm unaware of it. there's no point in even acknowledging your argument when you won't acknowledge anyone else's."

...especially since i directly address this in the recent post.

also, again, ? about "results of foreign policy" while excusing murders ordered by Assad's regime. please stop pretending you're not giving Assad a past.
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    I already know Assad is harsh to his enemies, including some of his political enemies.
    kills tens of thousands of Syrians = "is harsh to his enemies"
    kills protesters at funerals for other protesters = "could have handled it better"

then drops "if he is that bad."

you know who else was indisputably bad? people like ? , Stalin, Mao, Pol ? ? was it as simple as "eh, their people can take them out!" you tell me.
    So if you want ISIS or Al-Qaeda to be the leaders of Syria, then fine.
    false choice, since you know i have said i don't want that. it's not a binary "choose ISIS or Assad for what you want" choice.

then again, you willfully refuse to read posts in the thread (or at least deny reading them), so maybe you're just ignoring my position on the subject?

Listen, if Assad gets taken down, fine, I'm just giving the heads up that it's only going to make a bad situation in that region worse. Keep on cheerleading for Assad to be taken down, no problem. I would be very amused seeing the chaos that would result afterwards, as it would be something I predicted. Just curious, why do you think Trump and most of the world are reluctant to do anything about Assad?
  • kingblaze84
    edited May 2017
    Options
    America is far more responsible for the flames of chaos in the region then Assad is. America is the one that supports apartheid in Palestinian territories, not Assad.
    this is actually a good example of my point. you claim Palestine is the reason for chaos in the Middle East, which is a cop-out answer, but okay, let's proceed. who's most responsible for this?

A. Palestianians
    B. Israelis
    C. America

...and you're choosing C over B. nice.
    America is the nation that invaded Iraq and created events that have led up to the deaths of a million plus in Iraq alone, most innocent civilians.
    "tell you what, from now on, when you post that stuff, i'll just say i'm unaware of it. there's no point in even acknowledging your argument when you won't acknowledge anyone else's."

...especially since i directly address this in the recent post.

also, again, ? about "results of foreign policy" while excusing murders ordered by Assad's regime. please stop pretending you're not giving Assad a past.

America actively supports the apartheid in Palestinian territories by giving Israel more aid and support then any other nation out there. America deserves a massive amount of blame for the daily atrocities Israel brings upon the Palestinians because America gives Israel very advanced planes and weapons that everyone knows is used to oppress the Palestinians. You already know Israel is called the little Satan and America big Satan in the region. Ask yourself why that is.

And I don't give Assad a pass, I already said he deserves criticism for how he's handled things. Often times though, it seems you give America a pass for the many, many atrocities it commits in the region and support for apartheid in Palestinian territories. Word to Nikky Haley, the ? who makes America look bad at the United Nations.
  • janklow
    Options
    Keep on cheerleading for Assad to be taken down, no problem.
    the difference between you and i is that i'm cheerleading the idea that Syrians not be oppressed and murdered by their government, and you don't give a ? what happens to them as long as the right guys do it to them.
    America actively supports the apartheid in Palestinian territories by giving Israel more aid and support then any other nation out there.
    again, you'd rather blame the country that supports something than the country that's ACTUALLY DOING what you object to.
    And I don't give Assad a pass, I already said he deserves criticism for how he's handled things.
    no, this is basically a lie. going to repeat myself:

"kills tens of thousands of Syrians = "is harsh to his enemies"
    then drops "if he is that bad.""
    Often times though, it seems you give America a pass for the many, many atrocities it commits in the region and support for apartheid in Palestinian territories.
    a. no, i don't. i might dispute some of your outlandish claims, but i don't give a pass to actual misdeeds. meanwhile, you're posting in this thread pretending you've never seen articles POSTED IN THIS THREAD about Assad's misdeeds.

• kingblaze84
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Keep on cheerleading for Assad to be taken down, no problem.
    the difference between you and i is that i'm cheerleading the idea that Syrians not be oppressed and murdered by their government, and you don't give a ? what happens to them as long as the right guys do it to them.
    America actively supports the apartheid in Palestinian territories by giving Israel more aid and support then any other nation out there.
    again, you'd rather blame the country that supports something than the country that's ACTUALLY DOING what you object to.
    And I don't give Assad a pass, I already said he deserves criticism for how he's handled things.
    no, this is basically a lie. going to repeat myself:

"kills tens of thousands of Syrians = "is harsh to his enemies"
    then drops "if he is that bad.""
    Often times though, it seems you give America a pass for the many, many atrocities it commits in the region and support for apartheid in Palestinian territories.
    a. no, i don't. i might dispute some of your outlandish claims, but i don't give a pass to actual misdeeds. meanwhile, you're posting in this thread pretending you've never seen articles POSTED IN THIS THREAD about Assad's misdeeds.

Funny how you don't show that same outrage to the MANY innocent victims of American bombs and bullets in Iraq and other places, but yeah, Assad is not an angel. You want him taken down pretty badly, eh? Well I don't see him losing power in any serious way, ISIS is not as powerful as they used to be in Syria and Al-Qaeda can only do so much. The moderate rebels can't do much without America or others babysitting them, so it looks like your fantasies of Assad falling from power will have to wait just a little longer.

Be careful what you wish for though, I'm willing to bet many more Syrians will be killed off and have even worse lives if Assad or his regime ever loses power. You know damn well American interventions usually end in neverending spending and enemies who seem to always torment America's allies and bankrupt them.
  • kingblaze84
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Up close footage of ISIS militants and Iraqi/American forces fighting it out in Mosul last week. Very intense

https://youtu.be/vrzE4Yn-U_g
  • Will Munny
    Options
    ? that guy has one leg living in Iraq and he's still poppin ? . ? damn we are ? in America.
  • kingblaze84
    edited May 2017
    Options
    ? that guy has one leg living in Iraq and he's still poppin ? . ? damn we are ? in America.

Although most of us, including myself, oppose ISIS ideology, I gotta give ISIS fighters credit, they are usually very brave fighters. Only brave fighters would keep fighting with airstrikes and drones targeting them all over the place.

Iraqi soldiers on the other hand are giant ? and if Americans didn't blow up so many houses and apartments on purpose, I highly doubt the Iraqi government would be so close to taking Mosul. That dude standing on one leg and still popping the draco is representative of the spirit so many of these ISIS fighters have. Basically, ISIS isn't going anywhere, just like the Taliban is never leaving Afghanistan.
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    If one looks at the video, you can see Iraqi soldiers still can't aim for ? either lol smh
  • Will Munny
    Options

Although most of us, including myself, oppose ISIS ideology, I gotta give ISIS fighters credit, they are usually very brave fighters. Only brave fighters would keep fighting with airstrikes and drones targeting them all over the place.

Iraqi soldiers on the other hand are giant ? and if Americans didn't blow up so many houses and apartments on purpose, I highly doubt the Iraqi government would be so close to taking Mosul. That dude standing on one leg and still popping the draco is representative of the spirit so many of these ISIS fighters have. Basically, ISIS isn't going anywhere, just like the Taliban is never leaving Afghanistan.

Was the one leg guy an ISIS fighter? I suppose if it's Mosul that means ISIS.

? ISIS tho. Of course they're brave, they've brainwashed since birth to believe they're doing the most righteous and holy thing they could be doing. It's gotta be pure euphoria for them.

I do wonder if we treated all those ISIS held cities like Dresden what would happen. Not advocating for that, but curious.
  • kingblaze84
    edited May 2017
    Options

Was the one leg guy an ISIS fighter? I suppose if it's Mosul that means ISIS.

? ISIS tho. Of course they're brave, they've brainwashed since birth to believe they're doing the most righteous and holy thing they could be doing. It's gotta be pure euphoria for them.

I do wonder if we treated all those ISIS held cities like Dresden what would happen. Not advocating for that, but curious.

That one legged guy was definitely an ISIS fighter, the video was split between a reporter showing the ISIS side and a reporter showing the Iraqi soldier side.

And yeah ISIS and their followers do think they are on the righteous side, as most religious fanatics believe. With America and the Iraqi govt famous worldwide for their many atrocities against Iraqi civilians, especially Sunnis, ISIS is gonna have a long list of recruits joining them for years to come.

In some ways, America has already firebombed civilian cities in ISIS territory. It happened a lot during the Obama years and much more in the Bush years. There are civilians and human rights groups who say America has blown up many houses and apartments on purpose, but if America did that ? WW2 style, I think it would only create more problems. America killing so many civilians during the early years of the Iraq War is a huge part of the reason ISIS became popular to begin with. ISIS supposedly can make laptops turn into bombs, I don't think America should really push WW2 style warfare on them. But with Trump, you never know.
  • Will Munny
    Options
    yah I don't think it would be a good thing to push total war, but when people say ideas can't be bombed out of existence... it worked in the idea of ? .

The only way total war might could work would be if the US made it such a living hell in cities like Mosul that the population had no choice but turn away from ISIS. that ? ain't gonna work tho, and even if it would we don't have the stomach for it.
  • kingblaze84
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Yeah no one has the appetite for WW2 style raids in Iraq, Syria and Afghanistan, among other places. Obama dropped 26,000 bombs in 7 different nations ISIS and Al-Qaeda have influence in, and we see clearly that didn't do anything to end terrorism.

ISIS ideology has to be defeated for America and its allies to have any hope of defeating ISIS completely. But because America is looked upon as such an evil nation in so many parts of the world, ISIS ideology will live on for a very long time. Their videos constantly mention America, and it's not a coincidence, they know bashing America will bring them recruits.
  • janklow
    Options
    Funny how you don't show that same outrage to the MANY innocent victims of American bombs and bullets in Iraq and other places-
    except that i do? in that i acknowledge it happens, whereas you outright claim Assad's merely being a little harsh.
    -but yeah, Assad is not an angel.
    sorry, "not an angel!"
    I still remember the room. It was very small. The interrogators came and went. There were different men, different faces. I don’t remember all of them because I was so weak by that point. It's not easy to describe the pain and humiliation of torture.

First they asked for the names of the people I was working with. Then they asked me to confess that I’d been carrying heavy weapons and that I’d murdered a military officer. I was screaming that I didn’t. I was shouting that I just wanted freedom for them, for myself, for everyone. I just wanted to live in freedom. They looked at me blankly. It was like I was speaking to them from another world. So they continued, and they were merciless.

I was still holding out when they hung me from the ceiling by my wrists for an hour, feeling like my body weight was going to break my wrists. When they brought me down, they pulled out a chair and asked me to sit. That was when they pulled down my trousers and held up a sharpened metal pole and a clamp for my ? . When they started to turn the screw, I confessed everything they asked.
    "but yeah, Assad is not an angel."
    As Syrians, you grow up hearing a lot about torture. You hear things you cannot imagine even a psychopath doing. They did all those things to us and more. But in Sednaya they didn't even bother with an interrogation. It was ? . Our cell was meant for seven men but it held almost 60. We took it in turns to lie down, and if too many of us were too weak to stand, we lay on each other. There was no bathroom, only a hole in the floor that every man had to share. The smell has never left me.

I was one of the “service” guys. It meant we had to work for our jailers. Sometimes it was just cleaning; other times it was carrying away the bodies. They made us beat people, too. By the end, I didn't even question it. We'd get beaten for not attacking the inmates hard enough. I saw one man kicked to death because our guards didn’t think he had done a good job.
    The police came in the middle of the night to take my three brothers. Two of them were silent as it happened, but Abdulsalam fought like a wild cat. He thought they were going to try to take me, too, but they left me behind in the destruction of my home and all our possessions.

We asked everyone where the boys had been taken. My mother stood outside every prison, sometimes waiting so long that the sun was too much for her and we had to come and collect her. She did that outside a different place every day, just in case someone would tell her something. My father spent so much of our money, hoping the bribes would bring news from inside. A lot of people tricked us and said they had information. The wait made me empty. It was like there was a hole inside of me. We waited three years.

One day we got a call. They told us they were all dead. They were killed days after they were taken and all that waiting was for nothing. Abdulsalam was my best friend. I still have nightmares about what they did to him. But you know what? Part of me still doesn't believe it. We haven't seen the bodies; we haven't had a death certificate. I still pray for them when I go to sleep, just in case.

don't tell me you give a ? about innocent victims when you literally pretend to not read stuff like this getting posted in this thread.
    Be careful what you wish for though-
    ? , you're insisting on being willfully ignorant about what i wish for.