Freeway
    Charles Hamilton
    Ray cash
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    You can't be considered a goat and also have failed to love up to potential
    That's like saying shaq didn't live up to potential

Shaq was listed in the 50 greatest players in 98, he couldve easily fell the ? off after that. There's a big difference with being looked at as top 50 alltime, and top 5.
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Juelz was set up to be next, but Wayne outworked him and took his spot
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    XV- Dude was my favorite artist for a minute. He had a great production team with se7en, the awesome sound, boi1da, and Just Blaze. The Green Backpack never dropped. The last thing I heard from him was a 8 song mix tape this year. Its funny because I feel like he is diverse enough to make it with his sound, so he should be easy to market. I still wish the best for dude. Zero Hereos and Popular Culture are classic mix tapes.

PAC Div- They were lyrical, fresh, dope production, they just never popped off with the "new west". Hopefully they will return.

Jay Electronica- Man I won't even say nothing. Shame because I feel my city really needs a artist like him.

Chiddy Bang- dope paring, thought they would be major by now...

Steavie J- ? up his comedy career because he put to much into his rapping career smh. Dude could have been the next big thing. I haven't charisma in a comedy guy like that since Chris Tucker.

Mac Miller- Technically he is successful but I expect a decline. Just like Wiz, these guys go away from what makes them dope and unique and fry their brains with drugs and make uninspired music. Dude old sound with Big Jerm had the colleges going crazy and it was fresh and dope.

Sir Michael Rocks- Dude makes great music. He just needs to be more consistent.

Problem- Should be smashing them DJ Mustard sounding songs, but dude seemly vanished.

King Chip- Had a buzz with Kid Cudi and a GOAT hip hop voice, unfortunately couldn't pop off.

Pill- Since MMG fallout, never heard of dude.
  • silverfoxx
    Options
    Space ghost Purp- Dude sound is soooo fresh and different that I believe if he never had a fallout with ASAP, that him and Raider ? would be bigger then ASAP squad or both would really run Hip Hop. They had Wu Tang potential, but people don't see it.
  • silverfoxx
    Options
    ***Steven Jo*****
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    THE_R_ wrote: »
    Method Man. He's the Rasheed Wallace of Hip Hop. Someone who had goat potential but settled for being merely good.

HE TOOK 4:20 TOO SERIOUS...4 ALBUMS IN 20 YEARS

Nah son lyrically ? always came correct. Yeah he only has four albums but at least dude sold on each one. Cant say the same for the rest of wu tang. Plus dude got 2 albums with Redman. Sounds like a good career to me
  • BenjaminE
    BenjaminE Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    silverfoxx wrote: »
    XV- Dude was my favorite artist for a minute. He had a great production team with se7en, the awesome sound, boi1da, and Just Blaze. The Green Backpack never dropped. The last thing I heard from him was a 8 song mix tape this year. Its funny because I feel like he is diverse enough to make it with his sound, so he should be easy to market. I still wish the best for dude. Zero Hereos and Popular Culture are classic mix tapes.

PAC Div- They were lyrical, fresh, dope production, they just never popped off with the "new west". Hopefully they will return.

Jay Electronica- Man I won't even say nothing. Shame because I feel my city really needs a artist like him.

Chiddy Bang- dope paring, thought they would be major by now...

Steavie J- ? up his comedy career because he put to much into his rapping career smh. Dude could have been the next big thing. I haven't charisma in a comedy guy like that since Chris Tucker.

Mac Miller- Technically he is successful but I expect a decline. Just like Wiz, these guys go away from what makes them dope and unique and fry their brains with drugs and make uninspired music. Dude old sound with Big Jerm had the colleges going crazy and it was fresh and dope.

Sir Michael Rocks- Dude makes great music. He just needs to be more consistent.

Problem- Should be smashing them DJ Mustard sounding songs, but dude seemly vanished.

King Chip- Had a buzz with Kid Cudi and a GOAT hip hop voice, unfortunately couldn't pop off.

Pill- Since MMG fallout, never heard of dude.

silverfoxx wrote: »
    Space ghost Purp- Dude sound is soooo fresh and different that I believe if he never had a fallout with ASAP, that him and Raider ? would be bigger then ASAP squad or both would really run Hip Hop. They had Wu Tang potential, but people don't see it.

cs... I think XV's music got more formulaic as time went on...
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Mic Geronimo- I remember when it was a legit question to ask who was better he or Nas, but just like the Kobe vs T Mac debate there's no argument. However he was the guy during the mid 90's that had "next" he was even affiliated with Irv Gotti.
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think Pac Div's problem was that they came out too early, when they dropped, the New West was still bubbling, you know everybody getting their feet wet. They also had label issues with their first album which IMO was "MEH" compared to their mixtapes. Then they put out a 2nd album, then they dissapered and started doing solo stuff. I feel like if they would have came out just a few years later, then they would have blown up with the TDE's, Odd Futures, YG's, Nippsey's etc...

@silverfoxx‌
  • THE_R_
    THE_R_ Members Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Method Man. He's the Rasheed Wallace of Hip Hop. Someone who had goat potential but settled for being merely good.

Nah son lyrically ? always came correct. Yeah he only has four albums but at least dude sold on each one. Cant say the same for the rest of wu tang. Plus dude got 2 albums with Redman. Sounds like a good career to me

? ONE OF MY FAV RAPPERS OF ALL TIME. GOAT FLOW IN MY OPINION, BUT TICAL 0 WAS BUNS & T2000 WAS JUST OKAY. PLUS THERE WERE 4 YEAR & 6 YEAR WAIT FOR THESE JOINTS. TOO MANY MISSED OPPORTUNITIES TO BE BETTER.

I FEEL LIKE HE DOESN'T HAVE THAT CLASSIC SOLO ALBUM EITHER. HE'S ALWAYS BEEN NICER @ FEATURES & BEING A TEAM PLAYER.

• S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You prolly won't feel me but papoose should be further along too

Definitely. Nggas get caught up in the jokes but before Kendrick, J cole, wale, etc, even before Lupe a lil bit, Papoose was the hope for a lyricist to be mainstream in the ringtone/dance music era...then we found out he couldnt make 'mainstream' songs
  • S2J
    Options
    Ok yall goin too far. AZ? Beans? Lol Yall namin nggas that had albums, singles, videos, etc

EVERYBODY aint gon be pop stars.
  • cheifbeef
    cheifbeef Members Posts: 11
    Options
    lloyd banks
    young dro
    Jr writer
    reed dollaz
  • S2J
    Options
    Same for Fabolous. What exactly didnt he do that he could have?

Ngga been in the game FIFTEEN years, and is still in tune with the essence of the culture (he's the IG rapper).

He was never deep or a 'serious' rapper sooo...he's had a helluva career. He sold when their was money in albums, and now that there's not he still relevant
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Cosign ? . Not only did he have those 4 solo albums and two albums with Redman, but he has 5 albums with Wutang and one of them is a double album. Plus his appearances on Other solo Wu albums (ODB, Raekwon, GZA, etc.)

Anyway, my pick is Kool G Rap. Dude can spit flames and was a beast in the late 80s. His career lasted well into the 21st century but truth be told, I don't think he actually has a platinum album. Back in the day he wasn't as popular as LL Cool J or Ice Cube. then when the 90s rolled around he wasn't as popular as PAC or Big, then when Y2K hit he was never as popular as Jay or DMX.

Great MC but he never made that classic 5 mic album.
  • S2J
    Options
    And Imo stack Bundles gets a bit of the 'rapper who died' push. Never thought he was nice, but r.i.p.
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »
    Mic Geronimo- I remember when it was a legit question to ask who was better he or Nas, but just like the Kobe vs T Mac debate there's no argument. However he was the guy during the mid 90's that had "next" he was even affiliated with Irv Gotti.

I think what happened with Mic was that he got aligned with Puff for some mainstream production on the Vendetta album and it didn't go over too well with his core fanbase. They dipped on him. So he tried to come back with his OG style, but it was too late.

S2J wrote: »
    Ok yall goin too far. AZ? Beans? Lol Yall namin nggas that had albums, singles, videos, etc

EVERYBODY aint gon be pop stars.

It wasn't that they had to be pop stars, but something in the game kept them from becoming a factor. AZ and Beans dropped plenty of radio friendly and mainstream material, but for some reason it was all washed away. I feel the reason for Beans was that he was TOOOOO much involved in the streets, so he DQ'd himself. AZ still can drop radio quality material, and it's ignored.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Xv was so dope. But idk what happened, he signed to warner bros, haf some issue with seven and literally fell off
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yall crazy af if yall dont think ? had a classic album. Tical was the ? when it came out everybody was sayin it was a classic including the critics
  • 5 Grand
    Options
    Yall crazy af if yall dont think ? had a classic album. Tical was the ? when it came out everybody was sayin it was a classic including the critics

That's not what people were saying. People said it was a dud with a couple of hot songs.

The beats were too grimey and dusty. Everybody said it wasn't as good as Wu tang's album.
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tical is a classic, ? your opinions
  • 5 Grand
    Options

I'll bet everything I own that you don't remember when it came out. ? thought it was trash.
  • manofmorehouse
    manofmorehouse Members Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fab ? me bruh. All three Soultapes were fire, with Soultape 2 being borderline classic level. He's had mainstream singles and kills guest spots. He just need that classic album. Honestly, this ? flow is dope. Should be King of NY but the title escapes him
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »

I'll bet everything I own that you don't remember when it came out. ? thought it was trash.

? their opinion too then, ?